• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Ryu isn't a Master of Denjin Hadoken I believe, so maybe he's just trying it out in battle, so it's like a Regular move

but he mastered the Shinku Hadoken, so that's why it could be his Final Smash

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Ryu isn't a Master of Denjin Hadoken I believe, so maybe he's just trying it out in battle, so it's like a Regular move

Technically, it's something he only does when managing to control the evil side of the Hado, so it's only done in III and V.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

You believe wrong. He's got it down pat post SF4. If they were going to reference a "hadoken better than shinku" before SF5, they'd use SF4's Metsu Hadouken. And in SFV, he has to go into a specifiic V-trigger to even use Denjin.

Anyway, Shin Shoryu is an SF3 invention, like Denjin Hadou, so I personally think it'd be a cool parallel.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If you don’t mind me asking, what is the Doujin leak?
Same, don't know.
If I remember correctly, the doujin leak is a rumor about Reimu getting into Smash, alongside music composed by doujin artists. The guy who "leaked" it got a fair bit of stuff right, but as N3ON N3ON pointed out, it seems a bit odd for songs to be composed that far in advance.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Spring Man wasn't the alternate choice. Ninjara was.
He wasn't an alternate choice, he was just considered, and that's not to say that Spring Man wasn't considered, they just didn't say he was one way or the other.

Me trying to see who the fighters are until I remembered the scoreboard in the back....
I just realized the guy is jamming his eyes shut rather than squinting. lol

I know it's for emphasis, but knowing both angles makes the picture even more funny to me so I thought I'd mention it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Just putting my late two cents on the Mario Kart vs Nintendo Kart rumour/Debate

I think that having Mario Kart Slowly but surely transition into a Nintendo Kart can only give good into the franchise and I feel is the logical step. Imagine having to develop races upon races in the Mario Universe, we're at how many circuits existing and how many "theme" recycled between games? I think that the Game Designers probably did their best to push the Mario Universe when it comes to the tracks, items and mechanisms (And not the roster because MK8 and MK8D roster without the guests suck poo poo). And I feel that, the decision of having MK8's DLC and having the Inkling joining MK8D, alongside the F-Zero Tracks, AC Tracks, Zelda tracks, vehicle and such was probably a test in the future.
Mario Kart can still be Mario Kart, but having the nintendo side of thing bringing a "fresh wind" for the series, when it comes to Items and track theme.
Maybe have the next Mario Kart, still be a Mario Kart, with Link, Villager, Isabelle, Inkling coming back, FINALLY add Captain Falcon, Kirby, and maybe Sonic&Pac-Man as Guest and that's it.
Have two more cups focused on the guest races, offering new themes and tracks possibilities and voila.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly, I think it'd be cooler to see Mario Kart try and add way more Wario characters and Donkey kong characters before branching off into different Nintendo properties.

Give us the WarioWare cast
Give us Captain Syrup and maybe some other Warioland characters
Give us Funky back and also add Dixie, Cranky, and K. Rool to join DK and Diddy

Then beyond that, go ahead and bring back the Inklings, Animal Crossing characters, and Link. bring back R.O.B who has been absent in MK since MKDS. Maybe just add only 1 new Nintendo IP, and have it be Kirby, since his cartoony and simple look would work greatly in Mario kart, not to mention Kirby's already used to racing with his warp Star in Kirby Air Ride.

Sounds pretty damn good to me.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I made a post about explaining the doujin leak while ago.
Doujin leak is just saying, "There is a rumor floating around among doujin circles close to ZUN for a while, that blank Koubou, a doujin circle known for their orchestral remixes of Touhou music, is composing some Touhou tracks for Smash." and " due to the amount of tracks (that track list) the leaker has been hearing, they believe that the representation has to be more than just a single Mii costume."
That's it.

Things like Reimu in Smash or her movesets, her stage are all their fantasies. They used the word "fantasy" to relate Touhou, but they were just simply imagining how they wanted to see Touhou representation in Smash with other people in the 5chan thread just like everyone here is doing. They said that they have heard about Reimu moves like in AoCF or something like that but they weren't really sure about those rumors.
Other leaks he made outside of Smash threads were nothing to do with Smash. The leaker is a known one inside Touhou boards.
The leak doesn't say "Reimu comes as a playable fighter", even the leaker themselves were saying they believe playable Reimu only about 70%.
The gists of the leak are 1 the leaker giving a name of doujin circle involves, 2 the leaker has very good track records when it comes to Touhou stuff.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Honestly, I think it'd be cooler to see Mario Kart try and add way more Wario characters and Donkey kong characters before brnahcing off into different Nintendo properties.

Give us the WarioWare cast
Give us Captain Syrup and maybe some other Warioland characters
Give us Funky back and also add Dixie, Cranky, and K. Rool to join DK and Diddy

Then beyond that, go ahead and bring back the Inklings, Animal Crossing characters, and Link. bring back R.O.B who has been absent in MK since MKDS. Maybe just add only 1 new Nintendo IP, and have it be Kirby, since his cartoony and simple look would work greatly in Mario kart, not to mention Kirby's already used to racing with his warp Star in Kirby Air Ride.

Sounds pretty damn good to me.
Same, if I made a Mario Kart 9, here's who I could add in:
Donkey Kong Country
  • King K. Rool
  • Cranky Kong
  • Tiny Kong
  • Lanky Kong
  • Chunky Kong
  • Kritter
  • Klump
  • Krusha
  • Lord Fredrik
Yoshi series
  • Poochy
  • Kamek
Wario Land/Ware
  • Captain Syrup
  • The Shake King
  • Hot Roderick
  • Bloomsday
  • Rudy the Clown
  • Count Cannoli
  • Mona
  • Jimmy T.
  • Ashley
  • Dribble & Spitz
  • Penny
  • 9-Volt
Other Nintendo franchises
  • Kirby
  • Samus
  • Fox Mccloud
  • Olimar
  • Captain Falcon
  • F-Type from Stunt Race
  • Excitebiker

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
According to that slideshow summary, rumours of Touhou music under work for Smash started in November 2018, before the game was out. Were that the case, we should've seen the character in at least 2019. But now is it not only 2021, but a whole new round of characters have been selected since then.

The timeframe has lapsed to the point of not just being unsubstantiated, but being highly implausible. I mean it has a whole year on Cacomallow.

So yeah, I'd say it's, for all intents and purposes, dead.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
TBH all I really want for the next Mario Kart are the new additions who were added in Tour (Pauline, Dixie Kong, etc.) and a few more crossover characters in addition to the ones we already have. Kirby and Pokémon would be pretty insane, only because they're the ones I least expect. Realistically, we'd probably get Captain Falcon, Samus, and Fox first.

Aside from that though, I don't really think I care that much about Mario Kart's roster. The tracks have always intrested me more than the characters.

7NATOR

Smash Master
According to that slideshow summary, rumours of Touhou music under work for Smash started in November 2018, before the game was out. Were that the case, we should've seen the character in at least 2019. But now is it not only 2021, but a whole new round of characters have been selected since then.

The timeframe has lapsed to the point of not just being unsubstantiated, but being highly implausible. I mean it has a whole year on Cacomallow.

So yeah, I'd say it's, for all intents and purposes, dead.
The only thing I could think of is that perhaps the Touhou Music might be some sort of showcase to Nintendo for Reimu in Smash

I Imagine when Nintendo and a 3rd Party company go to negotiate, there is some convincing to do on Both sides, and usually the side that has more to gain has to do the most convincing between the Two

While Touhou is Legendary in Japan and other Asian locations, I don't know if Touhou was a huge priority when it came to Smash DLC. If not, it's possible that Zun and others Might havewanted a little extra convincing on their side, so perhaps besides Thinking of a Moveset document for Reimu, and perhaps besides producing some useful assets like maybe Stage Conceptions, 3D Model, and Design Document, Music Composition could have played a role in trying to convince Nintendo to go through with Reimu in Smash

One of the biggest things about getting 3rd party characters in Smash is that both Nintendo and the 3rd party company have to want their character in Smash. Most companies would be down for a character in Smash, but some want it more and/or willing to compromise with Nintendo. Perhaps if Zun showcases a very Adament attempt of having Reimu in Smash, Nintendo could be more convicned to priotize her for FP2

Of course, it's still not a guarantee. Ubisoft gave Nintendo and the Smash team a Full 3D Model of Rayman, and all Rayman has gotten is a trophy in Smash 4, and a spirit.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only thing I could think of is that perhaps the Touhou Music might be some sort of showcase to Nintendo for Reimu in Smash

I Imagine when Nintendo and a 3rd Party company go to negotiate, there is some convincing to do on Both sides, and usually the side that has more to gain has to do the most convincing between the Two

While Touhou is Legendary in Japan and other Asian locations, I don't know if Touhou was a huge priority when it came to Smash DLC. If not, it's possible that Zun and others Might havewanted a little extra convincing on their side, so perhaps besides Thinking of a Moveset document for Reimu, and perhaps besides producing some useful assets like maybe Stage Conceptions, 3D Model, and Design Document, Music Composition could have played a role in trying to convince Nintendo to go through with Reimu in Smash

One of the biggest things about getting 3rd party characters in Smash is that both Nintendo and the 3rd party company have to want their character in Smash. Most companies would be down for a character in Smash, but some want it more and/or willing to compromise with Nintendo. Perhaps if Zun showcases a very Adament attempt of having Reimu in Smash, Nintendo could be more convicned to priotize her for FP2

Of course, it's still not a guarantee. Ubisoft gave Nintendo and the Smash team a Full 3D Model of Rayman, and all Rayman has gotten is a trophy in Smash 4, and a spirit.
But peoples' priority shouldn't be brainstorming reasons how it can still be real. It doesn't matter if you want the outcome or not, the goal shouldn't be to try to keep leaks alive as long as possible with increasingly outlandish theories.

The goal should just be to assess whether the leak makes sense and come up with an informed, unbiased conclusion without making up excuses and progressively unwinding more yarn to account for the growing implausibility.

If a leak stops making sense, it's time to drop it. It's not time to do mental gymnastics or invest in minute possibilities to keep it aloft, because most leaks are fake, and the faster we can fairly discard it, the less time we spend tripping over obstacles people plant for us.

Giving a leak undue credence and unnecessarily prolonged attention is exactly what the people who devise them want. When the reasonable explanations are gone, it's time to move on.

7NATOR

Smash Master
But peoples' priority shouldn't be brainstorming reasons how it can still be real. It doesn't matter if you want the outcome or not, the goal shouldn't be to try to keep leaks alive as long as possible with increasingly outlandish theories.

The goal should just be to assess whether the leak makes sense and come up with an informed, unbiased conclusion without making up excuses and progressively unwinding more yarn to account for the growing implausibility.

If a leak stops making sense, it's time to drop it. It's not time to do mental gymnastics or invest in minute possibilities to keep it aloft, because most leaks are fake, and the faster we can fairly discard it, the less time we spend tripping over obstacles people plant for us.

Giving a leak undue credence and unnecessarily prolonged attention is exactly what the people who devise them want. When the reasonable explanations are gone, it's time to move on.
I don't really believe the leak that much anymore. I just wanted to brainstorm a possible reason it could have been real or something

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
i got something better: a powerpoint
Booyah.

Granted it hasn't been updated to account for Sephiroth, but all things considered it seems solid
Medic_sf12_badmagic06.wav
I've only predominantly seen Touhou content from TF2 Machinima, like music being played in the background, maps based off of the games, and even the characters interacting with the mercenaries and other characters from other games. In retrospect, I can see the span of its popularity. Bring on the shrine maiden, I say!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I could also see Nintendo Kart being a spin-off/spiritual successor to Smash.

Lets face it, no Smash game that could come out afterwards will never top Ultimate nor will such a game like it probably won't happen again.
Same thing everybody says every single time. I expect basically the entire roster or the vast majority of it to come back for Smash 6 actually.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Same thing everybody says every single time. I expect basically the entire roster or the vast majority of it to come back for Smash 6 actually.
That's extremely exciting to me. If that comes to pass, and considering the track record of exponential growth of the newcomer count before Ultimate's base game, just imagine how many new characters we could see in the next game!
Also, we should know that Sakurai likes to change plans practically all the time at this point. Plus, the fact that we got Sephiroth in the wake of memes surrounding Final Fantasy being the butt of many jokes surrounding content, plus the general generosity of every other third-party represented in the game already, I don't think we've got anything to worry about.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That's extremely exciting to me. If that comes to pass, and considering the track record of exponential growth of the newcomer count before Ultimate's base game, just imagine how many new characters we could see in the next game!
Also, we should know that Sakurai likes to change plans practically all the time at this point. Plus, the fact that we got Sephiroth in the wake of memes surrounding Final Fantasy being the butt of many jokes surrounding content, plus the general generosity of every other third-party represented in the game already, I don't think we've got anything to worry about.
It just depends on how well they can make up for the cuts that hurt if they can at all.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I could also see Nintendo Kart being a spin-off/spiritual successor to Smash.

Lets face it, no Smash game that could come out afterwards will never top Ultimate nor will such a game like it probably won't happen again.
I’ve been thinking about that. It would be really interesting if they took the Smash brand and expanded it beyond Smash Brothers. It doesn’t really make sense to use the name ‘Smash’ for anything other than a fighting game, but I’d bet that Super Smash Kart would sell a lot better than Nintendo Kart.

Super Smash Party, Smash Warriors, Smash Golf, Smash Quest...I mean with the amount of Mario and Pokémon spin-offs there are, they might as well start making Smash spin-offs.
Literally, just call it Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2. They could build off of this game for decades if they wanted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom