• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
A few months ago, I was of the mind that Capcom was a pretty good bet for a character slot in the fighter pass. Given their massive amount of viable IPs and how popular those IPs are. But the gigaleak has certainly made me feel less good about their chances. It's certainly possible that a Capcom character could be coming and it simply isn't in the leak, but given the magnitude of the information leaked (much of it marketing plans) I think a Smash colab would have shown up if it existed. Also, a Smash character is big enough that it would definitely be shared by the people behind the leak.

So we'll see. I would love to be wrong because there are tons of Capcom characters I would be happy with.

cothero

Smash Lord
If I had to pick who I’d want:
Sega rep: NiGHTS or Ristar or Dr. Eggman
Capcom rep: Edward falcon or Morrigan
Nintendo: King Boo?

(In a perfect world) Konami: Sparkster
I'm sad that Sparkster didn't even make it as an assist trophy or an sticker in the base game. As one of my childhood favourite games, i'd love to see him playable as DLC, but as you said, it would only happen in a perfect world as his chances are as good as none.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm just curious if any of the third party companies are gonna hit four reps this game.

Konami: :ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter:
SEGA: :ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:
Capcom: :ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken:
Namco: :ultpacman:
Square-Enix: :ultcloud::ulthero::ultsephiroth:
Microsoft: :ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve:
SNK: :ult_terry:

So far, they all seem to be stuck at three reps at most.
I can understand SNK being stuck at Terry since he encapsulates all of SNK

but seeing Bamco STILL at 1 hurts my soul

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just curious if any of the third party companies are gonna hit four reps this game.

You just watch as the last three characters are Blinky, Ms. Pac-Man, and Professor Pac-Man.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
In fairness, the same thing happened with the Smash 4 Ridley thread. This isn't really new.
Mhm! I note this in the relevant post as having been the wrong way to go about those threads as well. And - hey, I think it's funny that one of Geno's biggest advocates got banned around the same time. Pettiness perhaps? Something personal? I don't know, I'm just asking questions~

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The one thing Crono has going for him is that he’s on the seven squares list in which, except for Sora, everyone else on it has appeared in Smash in some form

feel like Crono’s gonna be Mii’d. Can’t see him in Sephiroth’s board

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
So if we're to get a Capcom rep... would there be any better options for a MMX rep than Sigma? Zero has the deck stacked way high against him, being assist'd and costumed, and X himself is... not a bad choice, but there's such a colorful cast that two Blue Bombers would be a shame. I really think Sigma is the best pick for a MMX rep, and possibily a Capcom rep in general...

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So if we're to get a Capcom rep... would there be any better options for a MMX rep than Sigma? Zero has the deck stacked way high against him, being assist'd and costumed, and X himself is... not a bad choice, but there's such a colorful cast that two Blue Bombers would be a shame. I really think Sigma is the best pick for a MMX rep, and possibily a Capcom rep in general...
Everybody gangsta til Axl :yeahboi:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Everything after Mega Man X5 doesn't count, is invalid and is bad. Mega Man X5 is the last game in the Mega Man X series.
That's what my friend says about the X series. But I thought the Legends games were good despite some people not liking them and calling them clanky like they call most games from the early 3D era.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord

Call me a dreamer but I'm going to bet my entire money that Agumon will be the next Bamco rep, doesn't matter if it's the 2nd or 3rd. Pokemon is like the only series that hasn't had a rival game so it doesn't feel complete among the likes of Mario Vs Sonic.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
Call me a dreamer but I'm going to bet my entire money that Agumon will be the next Bamco rep, doesn't matter if it's the 2nd or 3rd. Pokemon is like the only series that hasn't had a rival game so it doesn't feel complete among the likes of Mario Vs Sonic.
I wouldn't complain, honestly. Digimon would really feel at home in smash alongside Pokémon. Besides, Digimon IS a video game originated franchise.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Speaking of Agumon; where is that one dude here that always use to post theories about Agumon possibly getting in? I haven't seen tgat guy in awhile. He really liked Agumon.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Everyone really have been sleeping on Digimon and too busy talking about Tales or Dark Souls as the next contender. It's my job to alert Smashboards about the existence of Digimon.:101:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Mhm! I note this in the relevant post as having been the wrong way to go about those threads as well. And - hey, I think it's funny that one of Geno's biggest advocates got banned around the same time. Pettiness perhaps? Something personal? I don't know, I'm just asking questions~
Heavens no. Purely professional behavior :ultpacman:

Technomage

Smash Champion
To be honest guys, I don't think we will be getting a Fighter's Pass 3. You guys remember the WoL slots from the game's files? There was 16 empty slots in WoL back when the game came out. Since then, Piranha Plant, the characters in Fighter's Pass 1 and Fighter's Pass 2 have taken 9 of those slots. That leaves us with 7 currently which 3 of the remaining Fighter's Pass 2 characters will take up 3 slots leaving 4 after the Pass. I think it's possible we might get bonus DLC at the end but not a Fighter's Pass 3 as 4 characters or less wouldn't seem to be a fitting number for a Season Pass. Plus as hackers have discovered, moding the game with more slots after the WoL ones softlocks the game so it can't go beyond potentially 7 more fighters.
Yeah, Sakurai already said no third Fighter pass. It is, however, interesting to know about the possibility of more non-FP characters. :D

With that said, who would those 4 be?

SNEKeater

Smash Master

If we don't get more characters beyond FP Volume 2, which seems that will be the case, I'm guessing Sega and Capcom are the most likely options to get a 4th character. Actually I think a Sega character could finish the pass.

Sega was in the first Fighter Pass so they could appear again in the current FP.
Capcom technically didn't get a unique new character for Ultimate, and as I said multiple times, I'd be surprised (and sad) if one of the next three characters isn't from Capcom.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Everyone really have been sleeping on Digimon and too busy talking about Tales or Dark Souls as the next contender. It's my job to alert Smashboards about the existence of Digimon.:101:
Everybody sleeping on Soul Calibur too. I mean, they had freaking Link in Soul Calibur 2 so I think someday Nintendo should return the favor by adding a Soul Calibur rep like Nightmare or Yoshimitsu. I think we all would love to see Nightmare's rematch with Link in Smash.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Everybody sleeping on Soul Calibur too. I mean, they had freaking Link in Soul Calibur 2 so I think someday Nintendo should return the favor by adding a Soul Calibur rep like Nightmare or Yoshimitsu. I think we all would love to see Nightmare's rematch with Link in Smash.
Oooo, Yoshimitsu is a good choice ngl since he will literally rep both Soul Calibur and Tekken. His inclusion basically took down 2 series rep at once. I might have to expect a combination of Tekken and Soul Calibur spirit board if he ever comes.

SKX31

Smash Master
I'm a bit skeptical on Digimon because it's the kind of franchises where it's certainly present, but never really gets prioritized by Bandai-Namco in stuff like crossovers etc.

That might just be my own impression (haven't ever played the games) but still.

Everything after Mega Man X5 doesn't count, is invalid and is bad. Mega Man X5 is the last game in the Mega Man X series.
MegaMan X8 is a pretty fun game!

Also, as my signature indicates, here's a small update on a certain Pokemon mobile game:

Zhuge's firm Niko Partners shared an estimate with Bloomberg a couple weeks ago: The Switch is estimated to have sold (close to) 4 million in China, with the PS4 at 3.52 million and the Xbone at 1.25 million in the country.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, Sakurai already said no third Fighter pass. It is, however, interesting to know about the possibility of more non-FP characters. :D

With that said, who would those 4 be?
Maybe characters like Waluigi, Sora, Master Chief, and Phoenix Wright I don't know.

Oooo, Yoshimitsu is a good choice ngl since he will literally rep both Soul Calibur and Tekken. His inclusion basically took down 2 series rep at once. I might have to expect a combination of Tekken and Soul Calibur spirit board if he ever comes.
I really hope we get Yoshimitsu man. He's my favorite Soul Calibur character.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom