• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wonder what the Lucas glitch could indicate for one of the last two fighters...Assuming they are "hints" that is.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Ah **** here we go again
Lucas AND Dark Pit glitches? Hoo boy...
programming a specific mechanic for projectiles and heads. What if... headshots?
CALL OF DUTY SOLDIER CONFIRMED!?

cothero

Smash Lord
Everyone talking about how Lloyd or Yuri would be the best choices for a Tales rep and completely ignoring the new Tales of Arise game to be released this year.

It would make sense to add the new protagonist to the game to promote the new title, just like happened to Luminary/DQ.

Also, the Tales of Arise protagonist looks cool compared to Lloyd and Yuri's bland design, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Ah **** here we go again
The graze animation is when the arrows hits Lucas and those sparks come out, right?

Still, interesting.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Everyone talking about how Lloyd or Yuri would be the best choices for a Tales rep and completely ignoring the new Tales of Arise game to be released this year.

It would make sense to add the new protagonist to the game to promote the new title, just like happened to Luminary/DQ.

Also, the Tales of Arise protagonist looks cool compares to Lloyd and Yuri's bland design.
The thing is that Tales of Arise isn't coming to the Switch (as far as we know), so I wouldn't expect Nintendo to advertise a game that isn't even coming to their system.

If we do get a Tales rep I bet it'll be Yuri, but I hope for Velvet.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Ah **** here we go again
A bit of clarification, this is for every characters, not just Lucas, meaning this would either be the Smash team having done an oopsie, or it's for a character who has either grazing as a mechanic or by some way a mean to shrink their hitbox, and well both would go towards a smhup character, and who else than Reimu in that case?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Because I'm suspecting the Lloyd Mii to return. I think the following coming with him are.

JRPG protagonist
Namco rep
Ryu Hayabusa
Yuri Lowell

A bit of clarification, this is for every characters, not just Lucas, meaning this would either be the Smash team having done an oopsie, or it's for a character who has either grazing as a mechanic or by some way a mean to shrink their hitbox, and well both would go towards a smhup character, and who else than Reimu in that case?
Couldn't it be that they just messed with projectile properties in some way and that caused the glitch even though it should be unrelated? Like how Mythra's up-B getting reflected goes back to her regardless of the angle? I don't know a lot about programming, but sometimes it seems like different things are tied together in ways that don't make sense on the surface.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Wonder what the Lucas glitch could indicate for one of the last two fighters...Assuming they are "hints" that is.
Character glitches have never, not once in the history of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, lead to inadvertently revealing the identity of the next fighter, and I doubt they're going to magically start now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Couldn't it be that they just messed with projectile properties in some way and that caused the glitch even though it should be unrelated? Like how Mythra's up-B getting reflected goes back to her regardless of the angle? I don't know a lot about programming, but sometimes it seems like different things are tied together in ways that don't make sense on the surface.
Very possibly, though I'm also pretty sure that a bunch of projectiles share the effect of homing towards their original owners after their reflection, like K.Rool's neutral b after being sucked backed once already.

cothero

Smash Lord
The thing is that Tales of Arise isn't coming to the Switch (as far as we know), so I wouldn't expect Nintendo to advertise a game that isn't even coming to their system.

If we do get a Tales rep I bet it'll be Yuri, but I hope for Velvet.
The same was said about Joker and look what we got.

The funny thing is, people often see characters that have never been on Nintendo consoles like Master Chief as potental fighters, but a character that comes from a franchise that already have titles launched on Nintendo platforms is not likely just because that specifically title wasn't released on a Nintendo system.

Geez, the smash fanbase sure is a confusing one.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Still doesn't mean to make such tasteless jokes like that just saying.
It's a ****ty joke to make, but it doesn't really mean much of anything. I wouldn't take it that seriously. It's not really that offensive as you're making it sound and is common for "it's obviously not a thing that'll happen and anybody who thinks that is being silly" and that's it. ...Also, to be fair, it's probably the best way to say it that isn't being downright mean, so I'd just accept it as a better option than some really tasteless or flaming replies.

Reactions: yeq

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's a ****ty joke to make, but it doesn't really mean much of anything. I wouldn't take it that seriously. It's not really that offensive as you're making it sound and is common for "it's obviously not a thing that'll happen and anybody who thinks that is being silly" and that's it. ...Also, to be fair, it's probably the best way to say it that isn't being downright mean, so I'd just accept it as a better option than some really tasteless or flaming replies.
Suppose your right I guess. I just got triggered being the dog lover I am and really emotional about them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom