• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Honestly, I don't think it would change much. It'd mostly make Sora completely unquestionable, and allow for Geralt, and a character from Marvel Vs. Capcom.
On that last one: who would it be, do you think? I'm guessing you don't mean Amingo, SonSon, or Ruby Heart. It seems the public opinion is that they're already eligible.

...I feel like it might be Doctor Doom, to be honest.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
On that last one: who would it be, do you think? I'm guessing you don't mean Amingo, SonSon, or Ruby Heart. It seems the public opinion is that they're already eligible.

...I feel like it might be Doctor Doom, to be honest.
Actually I do mean those three. It's kind of hard to represent a series when the characters representing it need to also represent their own series. It'd be like getting Sly Cooper as a Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale character rather than a Sly Cooper character.

It's more that it would force non-video game representation, even if they only had the game's title for some reason.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
If Sakurai said that any character was on the table so long as they had valid big video game roles, how would you react?

My reaction would be to immediately simp for Godzilla.
The only real character I can see this mattering for is Geralt, whose recognized more as a game character nowadays than the book character he was originally. It also means stuff like Dynasty Warriors, visual novel characters, and characters like Hatsune Miku become unquestionably eligible.

Comic book characters often have heavy associations with video games, but they’re still known more as comic book characters so even if Sakurai broke the rules a bit I don’t see anything like Wolverine or Spider-Man coming.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm very late to the discussion of Porky but I would welcome him, I think he's a more underrated villain. It'd also be a good way to get Giygas in the game through his Final Smash, it would be a great way to represent the series' two central antagonists. I think Mother 1 Giygas would be more interesting since there are a lot of creative liberties that can be constructed, but Porky is undeniably worth it since he's literally nowhere in Ultimate at all. except his statue i guess

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As cool as Godzilla would be. Keep Smash about gaming as it is as it'd lose what its about.

Celebrating gaming.

Much rather if possible, I'd however be down for a Smash Style Godzilla game. Although I'm down for any new Godzilla game since I feel its long overdue.

Besides Godzilla is definitely a perfect example and definition of "Too Big" for Smash. Even at his smallest, he's 50 meters tall.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
If Sakurai said that any character was on the table so long as they had valid big video game roles, how would you react?

"I Giorno Giovanna, have a dream"
What are you talking about Godzilla was already added in Melee :yeahboi:

This cover art is Kiryu erasure and I won't stand for it.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
We need another World of Light Trailer like with Sephiroth, with Galeem and Dharkon about to eliminate all the fighters, when all of sudden, this theme plays at max volume.

And then he slices both of them in half like Sephiroth did with his sword, only with his bare fists.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
As cool as Godzilla would be. Keep Smash about gaming as it is as it'd lose what its about.

Celebrating gaming.

Much rather if possible, I'd however be down for a Smash Style Godzilla game. Although I'm down for any new Godzilla game since I feel its long overdue.
The entire point of this talk is a "what if?" scenario.

We know it won't happen, but someone still wanted to bring the subject of 4th parties to have some actually new conversations to talk about instead of talking about Hayabusa or Monster Hunter for the Nth time.

Don't try to shut down the subject because Smash is about "celebrating gaming". We know that and this specific topic isn't about serious speculation, but rather this little thing called "fun".

You're just being a party pooper right now :glare:

Besides Godzilla is definitely a perfect example and definition of "Too Big" for Smash. Even at his smallest, he's 50 meters all.
With that said, I agree with this :4pacman:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The entire point of this talk is a "what if?" scenario.

We know it won't happen, but someone still wanted to bring the subject of 4th parties to have some actually new conversations to talk about instead of talking about Hayabusa or Monster Hunter for the Nth time.

Don't try to shut down the subject because Smash is about "celebrating gaming". We know that and this specific topic isn't about serious speculation.

You're just being a party pooper right now :glare:

With that said, I agree with this :4pacman:
My bad, I didn't realize that. Apologies.

Pillow

Smash Lord
While we’re on the topic, what are your guys opinions of characters who originated in video games but whose games have settings that are not originally from video games (shadow of Mordor, Star Wars fallen order, the walking dead, etc)? Would you be against them appearing in Smash?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We need another World of Light Trailer like with Sephiroth, with Galeem and Dharkon about to eliminate all the fighters, when all of sudden, this theme plays at max volume.

And then he slices both of them in half like Sephiroth did with his sword, only with his bare fists.
Or he throws Galeem into Dharkon, causing both of them to explode. Twice.

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice

I love Nintendo, and while I also love Shonen Jump and would be livid for some of their characters in smash, honestly I would rather just a sequel to this masterpiece with the new series represented
jump-ultimate-stars.jpg

cashregister9

Smash Hero

At the very end of the Trailer He does....

This...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
While we’re on the topic, what are your guys opinions of characters who originated in video games but whose games have settings that are not originally from video games (shadow of Mordor, Star Wars fallen order, the walking dead, etc)? Would you be against them appearing in Smash?
Considering the response to Android 21, I believe the answer is yes, and I'm inclined to agree. It would be a weird pick for the series in pretty much every scenario, and it feels much more loopholey way to add a character rather than adding a character for genuine reasons.

If we're going to add a non-videogame character, I'd say they need to be apart of a big enough game to warrant the inclusion.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
The japanese version of the game had Mechagodzilla 3, also known as Kiryu, instead of Mechagodzilla 2, which is the one we got in the international release of the game if I'm not mistaken.
Didn’t they also put Kiryu in the Xbox version across all regions?
I may be thinking of Save The Earth though.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
I love Nintendo, and while I also love Shonen Jump and would be livid for some of their characters in smash, honestly I would rather just a sequel to this masterpiece with the new series represented
View attachment 302165
I hate to be the one to give bad news but...technically this game did get a sequel.

Considering the response to Android 21, I believe the answer is yes, and I'm inclined to agree. It would be a weird pick for the series in pretty much every scenario, and it feels much more loopholey way to add a character rather than adding a character for genuine reasons.

If we're going to add a non-videogame character, I'd say they need to be apart of a big enough game to warrant the inclusion.
I’m of the same mind, though I do think a lot of these characters are from pretty successful games.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Besides Godzilla is definitely a perfect example and definition of "Too Big" for Smash. Even at his smallest, he's 50 meters all.
Nah man thats only when hes hungry.
On a more semi-serious note, if Godzilla was actually on the table (Not saying he is), I don’t think many people would complain about a Bowser size version of him. So long as he still feels like Godzilla at the end of the day.

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
I hate to be the one to give bad news but...technically this game did get a sequel.
I know J Stars Victory Vs and JUMP FORCE, (I own both) but I mean an ACTUAL sequel to the Smash Bros platform and koma customization gameplay...

or are you actually talking about Jump Stadium...the mobile one made by Konami...

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
A kaiju/tokusatsu stage where you fight on the streets of a city but the city is tiny would be pretty damn cool.
YES!
(You could throw buildings of any size, from small to large, use a radio tower like a lance, grab a tanker ship using it like a big old club.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom