• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
My idea for a Xenoblade Chronicles X stage would be the holodeck (or whatever they want to call it. It's not technically a location you go to so I don't think it has a name) that cycles through different continents. The idea is that this is where the general public of NLA come to see the world of Mira through the data probes, and it could allow them to add various locations without modeling in the entire game.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'm excited to see the next Xenoblade but good god I pray for better art direction with the main characters. Monolith helps Nintendo in open-world and location development, as it is their strength... Nintendo should return the favour and help them in character design.

And I'm also not really looking forward to the protag being discussed ad infinitum and considered a lock for the future, only to likely be replaced by an even newer protag by the time the next Smash is a thing.

Of course I'll have been taken to a "nice farm upstate" to "live with all the other cynics" long before then.
For what it's worth, the reason XC2 has an anime artstyle is because nobody liked the realistic artstyle of XC1 and XCX, so they decided to go with an artstyle that played into their strengths. Which just so happened to be anime. Maybe something similar can happen.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
If a XCX stage isn't Primordia and doesn't have one of those giant sauropod things, then I'd be really sad.

Just saying.

Everlasting Milesaurs are dope.
I think a neat stage would a spire that overlooks a certain location in Mira either randomly or determined by the music. For example, the Primordia version of the stage could have you fight on Talon Rock with NLA in the background, while the Oblivia version could have you fight on a sandy version of Talon Rock with the giant ring in the background. I feel like highlighting Mira's regions would be of best interest for a Xenoblade X stage.
My idea for a Xenoblade Chronicles X stage would be the holodeck (or whatever they want to call it. It's not technically a location you go to so I don't think it has a name) that cycles through different continents. The idea is that this is where the general public of NLA come to see the world of Mira through the data probes, and it could allow them to add various locations without modeling in the entire game.
The holodeck transforming into the different regions is another idea I really like.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So I saw this being discussed somewhere else.

Let's play a game. You get to choose who the last 3 characters are, BUT they have to be assist trophy upgrades. Who do you pick?

I choose Isaac, Shovel Knight, and Bomberman.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Let's play a game. You get to choose who the last 3 characters are, BUT they have to be assist trophy upgrades. Who do you pick?

Three Lyns.
mark lyn jurassic park.jpg

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Ashley, Rodin, and either Color TV-Game 15 or Sheriff.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Then each one better have a different weapon (with one having the sword), so there would be little need to complain for too many swordspeople. :troll:
Oh please, we could have a pure magic user with not a single sword move and people would still ***** about that because it's a Fire Emblem character

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh please, we could have a pure magic user with not a single sword move and people would still ***** about that because it's a Fire Emblem character
I forgot about that. Still, at least there are plenty of Fire Emblem characters who have weapons other than swords.

Still, I was just joking around.

cothero

Smash Lord

Shadow, Alucard and Zero. It would actually make a pretty dope line up with Min Min, Steve and Sephiroth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom