• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Afaik, Dragalia is getting an injection of GBF original characters pretty soon according to a leak, so if nothing else, Nintendo and Cygame's relationship does seem healthy.

I just don't think Hitagi is credible at all though.
Yeah that's the main reason I asked

Nintendo and Cygames have a really close Relation, Including CO-Owning a 2st Party I.P, Nintendo having Small stock in Cygames, and Cygames made a Music track for Smash in the form of the Fire Emblem Heroes Music Track

It's why I found it suspicious that there really isn't anything from them, Whether it be Granblue or Dragalia Lost, and if this rumor was something to consider, there were at least plans to add a Character

It's similar to that Rumor of Resident Evil having been negotiated for but it was dropped, but that had a Conclusion since Resident Evil got Spirit Event

Shroob

Sup?
I just don't see a gacha character happening, to be honest. If one did, you have to figure FGO would be at the top of the list, and that opens a whole new can o' worms (I do play FGO, for the record).
Depends really. Isn't Type/Moon kinda notoriously hard to work with due to "LORE"? I rarely ever see Type/Moon do crossovers with anything that's not like, weird real-life stuff like art galleries.

Meanwhile, Cygames doesn't really give a ****. Granblue's had **** like Persona 5, Attack on Titan and Demon Slayer thrown into it.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Depends really. Isn't Type/Moon kinda notoriously hard to work with due to "LORE"? I rarely ever see Type/Moon do crossovers with anything that's not like, weird real-life stuff like art galleries.
Type/Moon allows outgoing crossovers all the time, They never let anything else inside Fate original content though.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Capcom is an interesting beast because Smash has zigged just enough with its choices that the next character can't quite be narrowed down. The big ones (Mega Man and Street Fighter) are already in so if there is a third franchise, its hard to say with certainty that it would be most obvious. After having both Sonic and Bayonetta as Sega owned reps, the inclusion of Joker shocked everybody, so I can't discount a curve ball with a Capcom fighter either.

It makes sense to have a Monster Hunter, Dante, or even Phoenix Wright, but there's an interesting excitement to be had that an Amaterasu or Arthur can't entirely be ruled out, at least to me.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I know he's an absolute bad ass but he's not Dracula. Funny enough this is the second person I've seen in a week to make this mistake
Wait what? I didnt say he was Dracula? I said he's a boss in Ultimate, meaning it's unlikely he'd be promoted to playable.

Shroob

Sup?
I got a hottake for MonHun that no one will agree with due to the nature of it but since we're tossing out hot takes....

We ain't getting MonHun, because including them as a series is effectively removing content in a weird way.

You're adding Monster Hunter as a franchise, but you're removing what, 30 something stage's abilities to play the 2 tracks already in game? Coupled with the fact that so far nothing about Monster Hunter being in Smash was found in the Giga Leak(Though at the same time, nothing about Smash period, not even the Mii costumes so it's inconclusive at best), I just don't expect it.

Sure, they could do it, but I doubt it IN MY OPINION.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Thoughts: Don't get me wrong, I'm not on my knees begging Nintendo to add a Gen 8 starter. But I do think there's some key players from other generations missing. This might be my most controversial statement in the post, considering I'm saying Pokemon deserves another rep over Fire Emblem, and I admit, I'm totally biased. But I don't know, I feel like something is missing with this franchise, and I think it's popularity (the size of which cannot be put into words) justifies an additional inclusion.
I agree with the idea that something's off about the Pokémon roster.
  • It's got it's foundation covered: :ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer:(:ultcharizard:):ultmewtwo:
  • It's got some solid picks: :ultlucario::ultgreninja:
  • It's got some picks that mostly make sense because of Pokémon Trainer, but are appreciated because of it: :ultsquirtle::ultivysaur:
  • And it's got some fluff: :ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultincineroar:
I guess it's that, because of the sheer number of great characters in the series, more of them need to be there for the roster to feel complete, and it doesn't help that Greninja and Inciniroar feel like they only got in because corporate wanted them in, even though Greninja ended up being a good choice in hind sight.

Last edited:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Sephiroth has mommy issues.

I guess he isn't cool anymore either.
My heart jumped for a second.

But what are you talking about? Sephiroth didn't even know that Lucrecia was his mother.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
I got a hottake for MonHun that no one will agree with due to the nature of it but since we're tossing out hot takes....

We ain't getting MonHun, because including them as a series is effectively removing content in a weird way.

You're adding Monster Hunter as a franchise, but you're removing what, 30 something stage's abilities to play the 2 tracks already in game? Coupled with the fact that so far nothing about Monster Hunter being in Smash was found in the Giga Leak(Though at the same time, nothing about Smash period, not even the Mii costumes so it's inconclusive at best), I just don't expect it.

Golden Sun also has a music track in "Other". I would only think that either Monster Hunter or Isaac would happen if they figured out a way to deal with those music tracks.
Find Mii's second music track is in fact one of the two Monster Hunter songs.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I just want a fighter from Unova. That's all, really. Unova Trainer'd be cool but I'll take - I dunno, Zoroark? Anything Unova, I'm down for.

7NATOR

Smash Master

I think the best Solution would be to Leave the 2 Music Tracks in the other section, while Also putting those 2 Songs in the Monster Hunter Section, along with the New Music we get

That or they could allow All Music to be Played on all stages, but that would require talking to every 3rd party about it. Battlefield and Final Destination might be one thing, but who knows if Certain companies be fine with their music being played On Every stage in Free Play (and not for Classic Mode routes)

Shroob

Sup?
Golden Sun also has a music track in "Other". I would only think that either Monster Hunter or Isaac would happen if they figured out a way to deal with those music tracks.
I don't feel like there's any issue, they could easily move them.

The issue is you're relocating content into a different area, so now the old content that 'could' do it now cannot.

That's my main hangup with MonHun. It's an easy fix yes, but then 30~something stages lose 2 music tracks.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My heart jumped for a second.

But what are you talking about? Sephiroth didn't even know that Lucrecia was his mother.
Yeaaaaah.... now I think you're a troll.

Lmao good one dude. You got us.

TheBeastHimself

I agree with the idea that something's off about the Pokémon roster.
  • It's got it's foundation covered: :ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer:(:ultcharizard:):ultmewtwo:
  • It's got some solid picks: :ultlucario::ultgreninja:
  • It's got some picks that mostly make sense because of Pokémon Trainer, but are appreciated because of it: :ultsquirtle::ultivysaur:
  • And it's got some fluff: :ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultincineroar:
I guess it's that, because of the sheer number of great characters in the series, more of them need to be there for the roster to feel complete, and it doesn't help that Greninja and Inciniroar feel like they only got in because corporate wanted them in, even though Greninja ended up being a good choice in hind sight.
There's a lot of good and ehhhhhhhhhh to me with the Pokemon representation already in Smash, but I wouldn't mind Zoroark or some legendaries. Gardevoir and Garchomp would be pretty neato.

I'd really love Eevee with an Eeveelution ability, which would represent lots of popular Pokemon from across generations (I'm pretty sure all the Eeveelutions are immensely popular).

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
It's not a confirmation, it's just something to watch.

The thing that people are looking mainly at is how long they've held the Monster Hunter costumes, and considering that we know from the Capcom Gigaleak that MH Rise is a timed exclusive, it makes sense from a marketing standpoint that the costumes will show up in March with CP9.

Now, will CP9 BE a Capcom character? Or will they be literally anyone else? THAT, we cannot say for sure.
I think it's bold to assume that we wont get a monster hunter character with Rise

Shroob

Sup?
I think it's bold to assume that we wont get a monster hunter character with Rise
Not really in the slightest.

As pointed out, at least as of now, there's been nothing in the Capcom Giga Leak that alludes to Monster Hunter being playable in Smash. Yes, not much in regards to Smash has been found in the leak itself, but you'd have to imagine that a Monster Hunter character would be right up there with Rise's Marketing materials if it really was going to be a giga advertisement for the game.

I severely doubt MonHun, and hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but we don't have long at all to see.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My brain immediately after reading this post: and then Claude laid down his arms and started to sing "why can't we be friends"
Know what tbe scary part is? I can see Claude and his VA actually doing that. Claudes VA is the best of the two. I say two because I never see edelgars VA participating in memes on twitter

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Honestly, in terms of Pokemon, I'm in an interesting situation. I think Galar has a lot of really good designs, but my problem is that none of the starters have really grabbed me. I guess between the three of them, Scorbunny's my favorite. If we get a Galar Pokemon - which I'm not convinced of the likelihood of - I'm hoping it's not one of the starters. Here's some I would want, actually:
  • Wooloo: Very popular Pokemon during the prerelease. Basically a large ball of fluff that could have some rolling attacks.
  • Corviknight: Regional bird, prominent within the region for getting around. We technically have both Flying- and Steel-type Pokemon in already, but Lucario doesn't have any Steel-type stuff and Charizard might as well be a Dragon-type.
  • Hatterene: A fairly prominent Psychic/Fairy-type. Not immediately apparent is that its body is actually quite small, and is either floating and obscured by very long hair, or it's actually walking on its hair the whole time. In either case, I think that could lead to some fun animations.
  • Alcremie: It's literally living yogurt. Ain't no characters like that on the roster.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think this doggy would be a cool fighter:
View attachment 296677
Closet we'll get to Amaterasu in Smash.
Cinderace would be pretty cool too.
We get Zacian as Fighter Number 4 or 5. Then next Fighter, Chosen Undead. And we see this in their Spirits catalogue.

With Zacian as the Fighter.
Edit: How'd I get ninja'd without even being on the same topic?

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Honestly, in terms of Pokemon, I'm in an interesting situation. I think Galar has a lot of really good designs, but my problem is that none of the starters have really grabbed me. I guess between the three of them, Scorbunny's my favorite. If we get a Galar Pokemon - which I'm not convinced of the likelihood of - I'm hoping it's not one of the starters. Here's some I would want, actually:
  • Wooloo: Very popular Pokemon during the prerelease. Basically a large ball of fluff that could have some rolling attacks.
  • Corviknight: Regional bird, prominent within the region for getting around. We technically have both Flying- and Steel-type Pokemon in already, but Lucario doesn't have any Steel-type stuff and Charizard might as well be a Dragon-type.
  • Hatterene: A fairly prominent Psychic/Fairy-type. Not immediately apparent is that its body is actually quite small, and is either floating and obscured by very long hair, or it's actually walking on its hair the whole time. In either case, I think that could lead to some fun animations.
  • Alcremie: It's literally living yogurt. Ain't no characters like that on the roster.
Alcremie Final Smash

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom