• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cothero

Smash Lord
People have to stop treating Imrah Khan's word as gospel. I feel he has a tendency to speculate on things and for people to interpret it as a firm statement one way or another.

Like when he discussed Sora and people assumed because he was saying Sora is totally disconfirmed blah blah, when that seemed way more like "I feel like Sora is a character Nintendo would step on hot coals for but Disney would be too difficult to work with, etc". He was probably right in the end but as many people have always been quick to point out, it's rare that we get that kind of insight toward the process of deciding characters and negotiations.

Similarly the Monster Hunter and Byleth stuff from a few weeks back... still feels fishy, but there are certain parts of that where he admitted he doesn't know for certain (ie his own personal speculation as to whether we're getting another Capcom character). I don't think he knows the full remaining lineup.

This asks him if he believes the Tales boys are coming to Smash and he said no. For the record, this person also asked if both of these characters were coming to Smash. I feel like most people would also agree the answer is no.
Well, people always need a god to believe in, right?... Verge's sleeping for a long time, so Khan is the closest to a messiah for them...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, people always need a god to believe in, right?... Verge's sleeping for a long time, so Khan is the closest to a messiah for them...
And that is why speculation isn't really speculation here.

Instead of thinking of our own stuff, we just repeat what we see on 4chan and hope an insider breathes.

That's not "speculation", that's borderline cultish.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
While that's true, it should also be pointed out that the "Chun-Leak" isn't even a leak at all.

It's only speculation based on alleged insider info which is assumed to be scrapped.

That means it could still be true even if we don't get Chun-Li or a Tales character, since it never said these characters will be DLC. It's purely speculative.
Yeah, I never denied this either. I've said quite a few times that even if it's real there's no guarantee any of those characters will happen.

I was simply saying that people should take some of Imran's more spontaneous or speculative "I think" "I believe" claims with a grain of salt, since I believe some of that is simply speculation on his end interpreted as a leak or inside information by people. Since they just asked Imran what he "believes" here and seeing how he was unconfident about a Capcom character a few weeks prior I wouldn't take this as a real definitive statement.

And I don't even want a Tales character, for what it's worth.

Dude literally told us a couple weeks ago that the whole spark that started the wahoominati was the art style in Mario Strikers. Whether we like what he says or not the dude knows some stuff. I won’t say his word is gospel but let’s just say his guesses are VERY educated. Dude is in in on the inside.
I know Imran has legitimate sources. I just don't think everything he says is with the intention of telling us exactly what he knows.

Just because he knows things doesn't mean he knows everything - like I said, with the Capcom stuff he specified that it was simply his speculation whether or not they would get a character.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Remember when POTD covered anniversaries?

Here's a game anniversary:

I wonder if Konami Man would be eligible for Smash?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah, I never denied this either. I've said quite a few times that even if it's real there's no guarantee any of those characters will happen.

I was simply saying that people should take some of Imran's more spontaneous or speculative "I think" "I believe" claims with a grain of salt, since I believe some of that is simply speculation on his end interpreted as a leak or inside information by people.
Yeah. Whenever Imran is actually leaking, he's more subtle about it. Making puns without being asked (Steve's mining pun) or outright being cryptic (M I N M I N on a twitter thread)

If he's upfront about it, chances are he's just speculating and knows as much as we do.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Instead of thinking of our own stuff, we just repeat what we see on 4chan and hope an insider breathes.

Well, I HAVE tried getting people to talk about stuff like Dragalia Lost, Disgaea, and other lesser games, but it never seems to take off.

Oh well. I should probably just stick to the Billy Hatcher-posting.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Yeah. Whenever Imran is actually leaking, he's more subtle about it. Making puns without being asked (Steve's mining pun) or outright being cryptic (M I N M I N on a twitter thread)

If he's upfront about it, chances are he's just speculating and knows as much as we do.
And he always does it right before a Smash reveal happens, so he doesn't know all of the characters in the pass.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, I HAVE tried getting people to talk about stuff like Dragalia Lost, Disgaea, and other lesser games, but it never seems to take off.

Nah

do some Balan Wonderworld-posting

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Both Simon and Goemon are sticking something out. Whats DK gonna stick out?
Oh...OH NO

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Keep believing, keep trying and maybe things'll work out.

It's why I always shill Nightmare whenever I can and/or feel like it.

Like right now! :p

1610594022013.png

Louie G.

Smash Hero
And with Steve that was right up to the last minute. I imagine being on the inside means more like... getting early access to promo stuff and murmurs of upcoming announcements rather than knowing every single character from the getgo.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

I know the feeling. Every time I Sora-post, everyone decides Disney is the death sentence even though they’re totally okay with being with Nintendo.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And with Steve that was right up to the last minute. I imagine being on the inside means more like... getting early access to promo stuff and murmurs of upcoming announcements rather than knowing every single character from the getgo.
He'd need to be really ****ing deep into things to know the full roster before even Nintendo does, since Nintendo handles all the marketing.

Like, he'd need to basically be Sakurai's butler :p

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Making puns without being asked (Steve's mining pun)
Gotta love how no one called me out for being wrong on that one, since it was Zhuge who did that.

Goes to show how people really aren't paying attention :4pacman:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

It's a lot better than it used to be when every other page we were talking about Sabi's vague bull**** and certain unnamed users who would clasp those coattails for dear life. Back then we spent more time talking about the leakers than the leaks.

Which I know is ironic to say while we're debating Imran's credibility.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Gotta love how no one called me out for being wrong on that one, since it was Zhuge who did that.
Eh they're all the same anyway.

I'm kidding, but what did Imran actually get right about Smash then? I had remembered that being him for the longest time and that was one of the bigger points in favor of him knowing anything about Smash Bros on the inside.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The speculation scene is way too gullible at points, 4chan leaks and the like are usually brought up to spark discussion not be treated as gospel. I have seen that with the Tales of/Chun-Li leak and several others over the course of Ultimates life. Hell just now with Imran Khan, he was just answering some Twitter persons question to the best of his ability and now we are trying to analyze a guys credibility and accuracy based off of a single Twitter post. It's fun to speculate, This isn't a contest to see who is right.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The speculation scene is way too gullible at points, 4chan leaks and the like are usually brought up to spark discussion not be treated as gospel. I have seen that with the Tales of/Chun-Li leak and several others over the course of Ultimates life. Hell just now with Imran Khan, he was just answering some Twitter persons question to the best of his ability and now we are trying to analyze a guys credibility and accuracy based off of a single Twitter post. It's fun to speculate, This isn't a contest to see who is right.
Everything in life is a ****-measuring contest for Smash speculators :4pacman:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Eh they're all the same anyway.

I'm kidding, but what did Imran actually get right about Smash then? I had remembered that being him for the longest time and that was one of the bigger points in favor of him knowing anything about Smash Bros on the inside.
Min Min.

I have the Tweet bookmarked just in case people ask.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Given the track record so far, I doubt there's any person or leak that can tell us who the final characters are.

Aside from Hero and Terry, Sakurai and Nintendo have done fairly well at hiding the DLC.
Then I will keep shilling Nightmare until we know all the fighters or he gets in.

Whichever happens first. :p

7NATOR

Smash Master
Thinking about it, Is Banjo the only character that was really speculated that the Smash speculation scene ended up gettting right on their own terms?

Hero needed leaks to be Speculated, Byleth and Steve were speculated, but they were speculated at the wrong time, so when they actually got in Most people were surprised

and the rest were just off most people's radars.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Thinking about it, Is Banjo the only character that was really speculated that the Smash speculation scene ended up gettting right on their own terms?

Hero needed leaks to be Speculated, Byleth and Steve were speculated, but they were speculated at the wrong time, so when they actually got in Most people were surprised

and the rest were just off most people's radars.
The way I see it, people just take the easy baits and end up missing the big picture.

That's why it would be a good idea to talk about stuff without it originating from a 4chan post.

Let's talk about stuff because we want to talk about stuff, not because we heard a stranger whisper something.

Let's speculate!

Now who's with me?!

...... Oh well, at least I tried :lol:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The way I see it, people just take the easy baits and end up missing the big picture.

That's why it would be a good idea to talk about stuff without it originating from a 4chan post.

Let's talk about stuff because we want to talk about stuff, not because we heard a stranger whisper something.

Let's speculate!

Now who's with me?!

raises hand

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Let's speculate!

Now who's with me?!

It was a valiant effort.

So anyways my friends grandmothers cousins friends son who works at Nintendo said there are no new fighters and Sakurais teaching us a lesson in humbleness.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Let's speculate!

Now who's with me?!

Be the change you want to see in the world. If SmashBoards dot com only speculates based on 4chan rumors, make a 4chan rumor yourself.

7NATOR

Smash Master

Let's speculate!

Now who's with me?!

Well

Sonic characters are officially coming to Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. The characters are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman, Amy, and Metal Sonic

It's just apart of that Sonic 2021 deliveries we gonna be getting. That's why I've been saying that Sega would definitly want some new Sonic content in Smash Ultimate, because Smash is a very big game. They've been putting Sonic content in Fall guys and Ninjala, so I think there's good reasoning here

If they picked another character, it's confirmed that Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman, Amy, and Metal Sonic are the main options.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well

Sonic characters are officially coming to Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. The characters are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman, Amy, and Metal Sonic

It's just apart of that Sonic 2021 deliveries we gonna be getting. That's why I've been saying that Sega would definitly want some new Sonic content in Smash Ultimate, because Smash is a very big game. They've been putting Sonic content in Fall guys and Ninjala, so I think there's good reasoning here

If they picked another character, it's confirmed that Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman, Amy, and Metal Sonic are the main options.
Or they can add Arle and call her a Sonic character.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Just to be reminded, how many things was he exactly right on?
Regardless of how many things he got right, he still got one thing right.

And what it tells us is that he has at least one good source.

It's nowhere near enough to take his word for gospel, but even if he'd be inconsistent, we'd still know he has at least one good source, so his word shouldn't be ignored either.

With that said, context is also good to take here. Given the timing insiders usually manage to leak stuff, this reply is almost guaranteed to be purely speculation.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow are all out of the running. The former two being Miis and the latter an assist.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Mad props to Sakurai if this is referencing Wai Wai World, cause I was wondering why would this image have any connection to Konami Man and I completely forgot for a second that Wai Wai World had King Kong as a character.

To think you could have eligible spirits for each character though:
Konami Man - Captain Falcon
Konami Lady - ZS Samus
Goemon - Goemon Mii Costume
Simon Belmont III - Simon Belmont
Getsu Fuma - Richter joined by Takamaru AT
Moai Alexandria - Pac-Man joined by Andross AT
Mikey - Villager
King Kong - Donkey Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom