• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
So, Geno?

I mean, alright that says all that needs to be said in that case, though I legit don't see the evidence, especially if Sephiroth was meant to be CP10. I don't see a back to back drop like that. I don't see why they'd drop the costume, only to then drop the character directly after.
TBH a lot of people said that about Heihachi and lo and behold, Kazuya happened. Overall, it's a unexpected prediction: you won't really see many people making it, and the closeness to Sephiroth is sure to raise some eyebrows, especially with how Namco would've had their Mii Costumes back to back. The issue I have mostly with the Mii Costumes deconfirm argument (the biggest point used) is that people think the negotiations happened for the DLC for the costumes to return and that doesn't really make much sense when every other DLC costume from 4 was in the game at launch, with some of the IPs represented getting bigger treatment in base (MH, Virtua Fighter getting an assist, etc.). In fact, weren't for technical issues, even Rex would've been a bigger part of Pyra's Moveset, if not the main character (btw I wasn't here when this happened, but having my favorite game of all time represented with a character is amazing, and we needed a non-grass Xenoblade stage). That's why I don't give it the same value most do about the matter.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There's a difference though. Heihachi and Kazuya are two different characters whereas Geno is one and his costume had returned.

That should 100% rule him out.

Someone may point Rex out as he was planned being a duo character with Pyra but his Mii was back in Pass 1 whereas Geno's Mii was in this Pass coming with Sephiroth.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Actually hold up,
Given this quote,

and given how you previously said as a hint IIRC that you think it's someone who was asked for during the 2018 era.

I have 2 character ideas for who you might be predicting.

Both characters have colors that imo fit them and were within Martin's statistical range.
And they were requests during the 2018 era like I said.

I don't know why but I'm just interested in who you think it is. I can see you have a vast understanding of the software concepts within the game's code and what not, and I commend you for understanding such things well.
As of this post, Judd's already said he was gunning for Geno, but I have a fair guess of what the other one you're thinking of is, and I'm here to tell you it could easily be him. I'm not expecting him, though. Mostly because our options are so limited in terms of what's plausible that I don't know what to expect, though.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
There's a difference though. Heihachi and Kazuya are two different characters whereas Geno is one and his costume had returned.

That should 100% rule him out.

I see what he's saying though. People did take Heihachi's costume to mean "no Tekken character at all" also it means that they can add a Mii Costume from a series, and then still have that series show up later in a DLC pack.

I don't think Geno is coming though.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I don’t put any stock into Geno, but so long as we don’t get a repeat of his thread, I’m cool with him. Not like we have much longer anyways for CP11

I know I said October, but I’ve boarded the September wagon.

I’m so sure it’ll be September now, I’ll put another hat on the line. If CP11 isn’t revealed by September 30th. I will consume another hat.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I don’t put any stock into Geno, but so long as we don’t get a repeat of his thread, I’m cool with him. Not like we have much longer anyways for CP11

I know I said October, but I’ve boarded the September wagon.
You've explained exactly why that won't happen. Every time Geno is even mentioned someone always says, "remember the Geno support thread?

Anyway, to give my opinion about the Geno thing. It's not happening unless we get a FP3... Square Enix doesn't care that much about SMRPG, so it's only gonna be added after they add characters from more well known franchises. I think Square could potentially get 2 characters in the same pass, but I don't think they would negotiate for Geno alongside Sephiroth.. especially after his costume gets added back into the game.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really gunning for Geno, I already got my most wanted with Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade 2 is my favorite game of all time).
I only use the hat because the lack of it makes the profile feel like it's missing something lol.
I reached this prediction more through a process of elimination rather than a "I want this character, character must be in".

If I were to lay out an actual want of mine for 11, it would be Master Chief.

Shroob

Sup?
TBH a lot of people said that about Heihachi and lo and behold, Kazuya happened. Overall, it's a unexpected prediction: you won't really see many people making it, and the closeness to Sephiroth is sure to raise some eyebrows, especially with how Namco would've had their Mii Costumes back to back. The issue I have mostly with the Mii Costumes deconfirm argument (the biggest point used) is that people think the negotiations happened for the DLC for the costumes to return and that doesn't really make much sense when every other DLC costume from 4 was in the game at launch, with some of the IPs represented getting bigger treatment in base (MH, Virtua Fighter getting an assist, etc.). In fact, weren't for technical issues, even Rex would've been a bigger part of Pyra's Moveset, if not the main character (btw I wasn't here when this happened, but having my favorite game of all time represented with a character is amazing, and we needed a non-grass Xenoblade stage). That's why I don't give it the same value most do about the matter.
Well, you're definitely free to your belief.

As long as people remain civil over this topic, there's nothing wrong with this discussion.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I'm not really gunning for Geno, I already got my most wanted with Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade 2 is my favorite game of all time).
I only use the hat because the lack of it makes the profile feel like it's missing something lol.
I reached this prediction more through a process of elimination rather than a "I want this character, character must be in".

You do you. As long as its not being pushy or insulting, I dont see the issue.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

Explain exactly how you came to the conclusion that its Geno though. How does "process of elimination" rule out so many other characters and leave you with Geno out of every video game character?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The issue I have mostly with the Mii Costumes deconfirm argument (the biggest point used) is that people think the negotiations happened for the DLC for the costumes to return and that doesn't really make much sense when every other DLC costume from 4 was in the game at launch...
Near as I can tell, all of the 3rd Party DLC costumes from the previous games were dropped, and readded as DLC for this one. It's highly likely that they had to renegotiate for the costumes.

EDIT: Or, the original contract was for original sale, and they had to keep it that way later.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Dude, MrJudd decided to open up and trust us and you decide to demand an explanation? Not nice, not nice at all.
I'm not demanding anything. Since he decided to open about his speculation I'm asking him why he thinks so.

That's all, no malicious intent whatsoever.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Okay, out of interest, I could see a scenario where Geno is Still playable

If the Timelime was supposed to be that Sephiroth was intended to be the 2nd to Last character, and if Geno is also in this pass (Making it 2 Square characters), then I could see it best that Geno is after. I also could See Geno being the Last character anyway since he's the Pick that's gonna appeal to audiences already playing Smash specifically, unlike characters like Steve and Kazuya

Now If say the Covid really impacted development so much, along with other troubles like Kazuya needing extra Balancing, to the point that the order was changed, which leads to Sephiroth being earlier in the Pass than planned (like what happened now), that might lead into some trouble

I do think it's a likely idea that part of the reason that Heihachi's Mii Costume came so early, despite the knowledge from the Devs that Kazuya was gonna be playable, was because it not returning might have clued people on Tekken getting a character in FP2 (Along with needing something to do the anniversary post). I think this was probably what Harada was thinking, since (especially with that twitter post where he called out fans of Smash) He's definitely well aware of Smash speculation, and whether on his advice, or Sakurai's, they added it early to throw of the trail

Geno's Costume not returning with Sephiroth, especially since Both Sephiroth and Geno come from the Same company, would definitely clue people in on Geno, it would almost be too easy.

I know people say that the Devs don't care too much about what's being speculated, but to be honest, I don't buy that. at the least, I don't think they would a character that they are working on, to seem certain into getting into the game when it's not confirmed from the Devs or Nintendo themselves

Geno's Costume, even if Geno himself was playable, would have to return in any case, which means that they would expect people to pay for Both Geno Himself and the Geno Costume as well, which I know is a main reason people don't think Mii Costumed characters can become playable

It's just a theory though, and personally I don't think Geno is getting in. but to be honest, I do think there could be credence to Geno still being possible. I like to keep an open mind. yes

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I just feel like all this Geno buzz is a setup for disappointment. It really feels like a repeat of K. Rool in Sm4sh.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
The pressure has risen too much about the final character. No matter who it ends up being, a lot of people will end up disappointed (even if the character was a big mascot like Crash, Master Chief, etc., that wouldn't satisfy everyone.

I also find really bittersweet the situation with Crash: so many people love the character, yet the current events would make his reveal divisive if he ends up as 11, even though it's not the "character's fault", if I can word it that way.

I just feel like all this Geno buzz is a setup for disappointment. It really feels like a repeat of K. Rool in Sm4sh.
If the Smash fanbase knew how to better handle disappointment, we wouldn't have the issue of the aftermath that happens everytime after a character is revealed.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm playing catchup on why we aren't allowed to ask someone to expound on their process of elimination. I'd also like to know how a process of elimination eliminates everyone but Geno. I'd like to know how a process of elimination eliminates every character but one, no matter who they are.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I'm not demanding anything. Since he decided to open about his speculation I'm asking him why he thinks so.

That's all, no malicious intent whatsoever.
I would recomend you to read his post again:

I don't know who the character is, I'm just predicting like everyone else lol
I should probably just say my prediction is Geno, just so people can say "Mii Costumes deconfirm" and stuff continues as usual.
This isnt someone that seems to want to get into argument or even explain themselves. There was quite a bit of relunctance to open up. Lets let them be.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Shroob Shroob

I would recomend you to read his post again:

I did read his post. He explained it would be unexpected, but I didn't see any part where he explains how "process of elimination" led him to it. That's all I want to know

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think it's less "don't ask" and more "please don't be a mob".
I don't speak for everyone, but I'm burnt out of this imaginary war between the newcomer thread and the Geno thread.

I get there's been bad blood in the past..... and frankly, still the present, but I just cannot see this discussion going anywhere positive tbh.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Dude, MrJudd decided to open up and trust us and you decide to demand an explanation? Not nice, not nice at all.
At the same time, if you say you're confident about something despite nobody here actually knowing, you want to know their mindset and how they came to that conclusion,. Like, if I said all evidence points to a character I want being a lock, everyone'll want to understand my reasoning regardless if they agree with the conclusion

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mean, I would give Nintendo and Sakurai credit and balls of steel if the Geno costume turned out to be a red herring.

I'm just very positive that Geno is not happening after his costume. Like 99.999999% sure. But I wouldn't be angry if I'm wrong.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I did read his post. He explained it would be unexpected, but I didn't see any part where he explains how "process of elimination" led him to it. That's all I want to know
At the same time, if you say you're confident about something despite nobody here actually knowing, you want to know their mindset and how they came to that conclusion,. Like, if I said all evidence points to a character I want being a lock, everyone'll want to understand my reasoning regardless if they agree with the conclusion
Yeah. I understand if it has piqued the curiosity of others but he was relunctant to even say who it was. I dont think that sounds like someone who wants to talk about it. And MrJudd doesnt have to if he doesnt feel comfortable talking about it.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Yeah. I understand if it has piqued the curiosity of others but he was relunctant to even say who it was. I dont think that sounds like someone who wants to talk about it. And MrJudd doesnt have to if he doesnt feel comfortable talking about it.
But he did talk about it, and he explained that there was a "process of elimination"

I really don't know why people are acting like it's too far, to also ask him to explain what that "process of elimination" was, in a way that is not argumentative at all. The only thing he was ever worried about is backlash which I'm making pretty clear is not the case right now. I explained like 2 posts ago I have no problem with Geno.

The only thing I want, is the explanation. I'm curious about it.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
But he did talk about it, and he explained that there was a "process of elimination"

I really don't know why people are acting like it's too far, to also ask him to explain what that "process of elimination" was, in a way that is not argumentative at all. The only thing he was ever worried about is backlash which I'm making pretty clear is not the case right now. I explained like 2 posts ago I have no problem with Geno.

The only thing I want, is the explanation. I'm curious about it.
Its about reading the room and trying to understand how he feels. Still, at the end of the day, its MrJudd´s choice if they decide if they want to talk about it or not. So, yeah, my suggestion remains to let him be since it seems like he doesnt want to talk about it. (I dont think he wants to answer and its fine if he doesnt. He doesnt owe anyone an explanation, afterall.)

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Its about reading the room and trying to understand how he feels. Still, at the end of the day, its MrJudd´s choice if they decide if they want to talk about it or not. So, yeah, my suggestion remains to let him be since it seems like he doesnt want to talk about it. (I dont think he wants to answer and its fine if he doesnt. He doesnt owe anyone an explanation, afterall.)

My question still doesn't make any difference. If he doesn't want to answer it, he can choose not to. The only thing I did was respond to part of a public comment he made. I'm not harassing him in anyway.

The fact that I need to keep explaining myself over something so harmless is just silly. I asked him a question in a non hostile way about something he said that I wanted elaboration on. This shouldn't be something to get so spun up over. If anything you are making it worse.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
With Geno's mii costume added in FP2, I really really don't see CP11 being him at all. I think there's a chance for a character that got something in base game (We already got MIn MIn and Pythra), maybe even FP1, but I kinda feel like FP2 is a death knell for any character that gets represented within it.

But if people want to hold out hope for Geno then...okay. You do you. I guess from a very technical standpoint its not 100% impossible.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I want Geno but every argument I've seen in his favor seems like a conspiracy theory to me
Yeah, don't they know the REAL evidence is that there's enough "geno is lame and cringe because 5 year olds won't understand him" comments on the internet for him to qualify for CP11?

Please for the love of god understand that this is sarcasm. Pac-Man can't convey it enough.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
My question still doesn't make any difference. If he doesn't want to answer it, he can choose not to. The only thing I did was respond to part of a public comment he made. I'm not harassing him in anyway.

The fact that I need to keep explaining myself over something so harmless is just silly. I asked him a question in a non interrogative way about something he said. This shouldn't be something to get so spun up over. If anything you are making it worse.
I am not sure what you are trying to say here. Could you point me to the post where I accuse you of harrassment? I think you are taking my point about "not nice" way too harshly. Not nice isnt an insult.

I am pointing out that they dont have to respond and making you aware that MrJudd doesnt seem like they want to respond. May you please remind me what is the issue with this? Do I have to agree with you? I am wrong in thinking that they dont owe anyone any explanation. Go ahead, enlighten me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom