• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

We delved deeper into this topic in the Famitsu column released today. It's an interesting theme.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Dont forget the August direct 8. 8. 2018
That one was a search engine issue: it's more noticeable if your date format is DD-MM-YY. Search engines would look for anything that fits 8.8 Direct, so both 18.8 Direct and 8.8 Direct would be caught up because both contain the same part.

As for my prediction, I must thank EpicMartin7 for making me even more sure of it after what was shown.
I'll throw a bone as a thanks: that's probably the pre-COVID timeline you all have there.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What's a bigger mystery
CP11
The 8 remaining Nick All Stars characters
The next Super monkey ball guest star

or MrJudd's prediction for CP11
MrJudd seems to lean towards Geno, and those remaining 8 would include Aang, Korra, Ren, Stimpy, and CatDog judging by leaked silhouettes. So you can cut a little over 1.5 of those out.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not really convinced that the internal code means that that was the order as to which things were meant to be shown off.

Everything lines up way too neatly as things are currently.

Steve right before Minecon
Sephiroth at TGA where FF7R was up for awards.

I 100% think that Kazuya and Pythra began work before Sephiroth, but I don't believe at all that means they were ever supposed to come out first.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just because the final fighter may not have been the last developed doesn't mean it won't be FP11, because that's determined by their release order. Kazuya may have started development prior to Sephiroth, but that doesn't change them being FP10 and 8 respectively.

But yes, there is the possibility the last character we receive may have not always planned to be last. And there is the possibility it was worked on prior to other, earlier releasing characters.

Shroob

Sup?
MrJudd seems to lean towards Geno, and those remaining 8 would include Aang, Korra, Ren, Stimpy, and CatDog judging by leaked silhouettes. So you can cut a little over 1.5 of those out.
I mean, to be fair, he hasn't actually said who he thinks it is.

Granted, he also hasn't said anything.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Just because the final fighter may not have been the last developed doesn't mean it won't be FP11, because that's determined by their release order. Kazuya may have started development prior to Sephiroth, but that doesn't change them being FP10 and 8 respectively.

But yes, there is the possibility the last character we receive may have not always planned to be last. And there is the possibility it was worked on prior to other, earlier releasing characters.
I think that just given the fact that there's 5 other characters in the pass, and we know motion did happen, mutes severely the thought that FP11 is the "one more". It's far more likely that Sephiroth or Aegis were the "one more", most likely Aegis.
Of course, this is assuming they decided "**** it add one more" and didn't just have 6 to begin with

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
As for my prediction, I must thank EpicMartin7 for making me even more sure of it after what was shown.
Actually hold up,
Given this quote,

and given how you previously said as a hint IIRC that you think it's someone who was asked for during the 2018 era.

I have 2 character ideas for who you might be predicting.

Both characters have colors that imo fit them and were within Martin's statistical range.
And they were requests during the 2018 era like I said.

I don't know why but I'm just interested in who you think it is. I can see you have a vast understanding of the software concepts within the game's code and what not, and I commend you for understanding such things well.

Shroob

Sup?
At the end of the day, it's interesting info to have for sure, but it also doesn't really.... 'do' anything.

It doesn't help us figure out who CP11 is, all it really does is show that Kazuya and Pythra began development before Sephiroth, which, I mean, makes sense. Sephiroth is a simple character, while those 2 have gimmicks that while not as daunting as Steve, would obviously need more development time than someone who is mainly just "Swing sword, projectile, comeback mechanic".

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think that just given the fact that there's 5 other characters in the pass, and we know motion did happen, mutes severely the thought that FP11 is the "one more". It's far more likely that Sephiroth or Aegis were the "one more", most likely Aegis.
This isn't something for which there will be an observable answer. Even if the final character is the last ordered, it doesn't mean it was the last chosen. And yeah, as said, it also assumes there was some concept of a "one more", and the pass wasn't always cobbled together with six in mind.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Bold of you to assume that FP11 is the additional sixth character, and isn't actually one of the five we've had already.
Good Point.

To be honest, I don't think any of FP2 are additional, in that that one of the characters were chosen after the other 5

I do think that Steve and Kazuya were the main Priority in terms of FP2, and that even if FP2 wasn't a thing, both of these character would still be DLC, just after FP1. I think that when it was decided to have a Full FP2, that Min Min, Pyra/Mythra, Sephiroth, and CP11 were put quickly into the lineup or just already in the potential lineup and just waiting for a Whole Pass to be greenlit

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We may have had 1 or 2 more characters after Byleth. Easy second pass. Why would there be yet another bonus character in that case? They gave it two full years for 6, a massive amount of time to guarantee it'll be out in time. If they were bonus characters, that's cause they were intended that way at best before Pass 2 was greenlit(and possibly were Steve at least, due to the 5 years negotiation thing confirming he was at least considered close enough by that point to probably be the case. The second could've been just about anyone, honestly. I often guess Sephiroth, but at this point I can't even remember why. XD)

I guess I didn't say it too clearly, but those possible bonus characters after Pass 1 would've been shoved into pass 2 to complete the six entrants. It was likely a full six from the start, really. There's no real evidence to suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Actually hold up,
Given this quote,

and given how you previously said as a hint IIRC that you think it's someone who was asked for during the 2018 era.

I have 2 character ideas for who you might be predicting.

Both characters have colors that imo fit them and were within Martin's statistical range.
And they were requests during the 2018 era like I said.

I don't know why but I'm just interested in who you think it is. I can see you have a vast understanding of the software concepts within the game's code and what not, and I commend you for understanding such things well.
The thing isn't really software knowledge, but people don't realize that a non-COVID wouldn't have such a screwed timeline like this. The Smash team has worked on this game for an insane amount of time to know how much time they have to make a character and the timeline laid out by the code lines up with the pace they're known for.

Min Min in April (sadly ended up in June after delays)
Steve and Kazuya at E3
Pyra at the Fall Direct
Sephiroth at TGA
11 in the Spring Direct

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The thing isn't really software knowledge, but people don't realize that a non-COVID wouldn't have such a screwed timeline like this. The Smash team has worked on this game for an insane amount of time to know how much time they have to make a character and the timeline laid out by the code lines up with the pace they're known for.

Steve and Kazuya at E3
Pyra at the Fall Direct
Sephiroth at TGA
11 in the Spring Direct
So, who's your speculated newcomer? It's a bit odd you're soo secretive about it when pretty much everyone here is a chattermouth.

Superstitious or...?

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
So, who's your speculated newcomer? It's a bit odd you're soo secretive about it when pretty much everyone here is a chattermouth.

Superstitious or...?
It's less of a superstition and more of what "I already know what comes next" and prefer not messing with that can of worms.
I'm just a speculator btw before anyone tries to attach me to any insider stuff for no reason other than "oooo, mysterious"

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Shroob Shroob

I feel like people severely underplay Kazuya tbh.

Tekken's what, the 2nd biggest traditional fighting game series in the world, only 2nd to Street Fighter, which we got 2 characters of?

Yeah, he's not some "OH MY GOD NO WAY" reveal like Steve or Sephiroth, but Tekken's definitely an A-list 3rd Party franchise, easily.

1ST of all, he's not Heihachi. So that alone probably turned off the people who don't care about Tekken and only know about Heihachi because of Smash speculation. Secondly, people aren't gonna play a character with a 1000 inputs just because Tekken is such a popular franchise.

Having said that, I like Kazuya. He's one of the most fun DLC characters.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Steve and Kazuya at E3
Pyra at the Fall Direct
Sephiroth at TGA
11 in the Spring Direct
Them finishing half a year or more prior to the deadline they provided is an ambitious take.

Shroob

Sup?
It's less of a superstition and more of what "I already know what comes next" and prefer not messing with that can of worms.
I'm just a speculator btw before anyone tries to attach me to any insider stuff for no reason other than "oooo, mysterious"
I mean, that doesn't make a lick of sense but alright.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Them finishing half a year or more prior to the deadline they provided is an ambitious take.
Seems like a ambitious take, until you realize that even with COVID hampering development, we're already way earlier than intended for the possible time for 11.

I mean, that doesn't make a lick of sense but alright.
I should probably clarify, then: "I already know what happens next after I say the name I'm predicting for 11"

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Cool! I assume this means you know the last character. :) Well, I wish you luck on that matter (the pressure, the stalking, etc). I am fine not knowing who it is yet.

Edit:
Seems like a ambitious take, until you realize that even with COVID hampering development, we're already way earlier than intended for the possible time for 11.

I should probably clarify, then: "I already know what happens next after I say the name I'm predicting for 11"
Oh! You mean you are worried about potential backlash?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Is that insinuating that under intended circumstances FP11 was to be revealed in the Spring and released late in the year?

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Cool! I assume this means you know the last character. :) Well, I wish you luck on that matter (the pressure, the stalking, etc). I am fine not knowing who it is yet.
I don't know who the character is, I'm just predicting like everyone else lol
I should probably just say my prediction is Geno, just so people can say "Mii Costumes deconfirm" and stuff continues as usual.

Shroob

Sup?

So, Geno?

I mean, alright that says all that needs to be said in that case, though I legit don't see the evidence, especially if Sephiroth was meant to be CP10. I don't see a back to back drop like that. I don't see why they'd drop the costume, only to then drop the character directly after.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Haven't been online much in the last few days. Did that random maintenance ever amount to anything?

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I don't know who the character is, I'm just predicting like everyone else lol
I should probably just say my prediction is Geno, just so people can say "Mii Costumes deconfirm" and stuff continues as usual.
Nah, I am fine. I dont see the issue with your prediction. I prefer to defend people´s predictions than atack them, anyway.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I want Geno but every argument I've seen in his favor seems like a conspiracy theory to me
If it makes you feel better. I don't believe Mii Costumes deconfirm unless they are added during the development of a Fighter's Pass. So in Geno's case, he can't be in FP2, but he's still possible if we somehow get more DLC beyond it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If it makes you feel better. I don't believe Mii Costumes deconfirm unless they are added during the development of a Fighter's Pass. So in Geno's case, he can't be in FP2, but he's still possible if we somehow get more DLC beyond it.
So no chance. Just like I was saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom