• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Going with team 1 because they're full of heroes and heroes have the greatest power of any character, plot armour! No matter how strong Team 2 might look, no matter how many buildings they can build, no matter if they can turn into demons or gods, they're going to fail eventually. Team 1 will pull something out of their ass to save them.
... Welp, I have no answers to that. Now that you mention plot armor, we all know that Nuts and Bolts is canon (probably) and there Banjo-Kazooie are invurnerable as long as they have a vehicle with them (IIRC). I mean, Banjo can be bounced around a sports stadium at ca. 100 MPH and take no damage. What is Steve, Sephiroth and Kazuya going to do about that when B-K apply their mechanical skills and launch themselves in like Angry Birds?

Team 1 wins. :roll:

Yea I think Kirby is canonically the strongest
Dude survived a lot of impossible things
Not to mention the whole "Eldritch Abomination threatening the world = Tuesday" from Kirby's PoV. It's pretty telling that Kirby was not in Sephiroth's trailer IIRC - Sephiroth was afraid of him. :4pacman:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And Olimar would probably be the weakest.
What about Duck Hunt?
Or....
Wii Fit Trainer?
Or are they the strongest, because they can harness the power within?
If we take canonical sizes into account, the Pikmin are too small to actually do any damage and both them and Olimar can just be stepped on for the kill.

But things get really weird when we account for canonical sizes so maybe that's not the best plan.

EDIT: Duck Hunt does have a sniper with him that can't actually be killed since they exist in an alternate dimension (AKA, the real world) though so I wouldn't consider the pup to be the weakest.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If we take canonical sizes into account, the Pikmin are too small to actually do any damage and both them and Olimar can just be stepped on for the kill.

But things get really weird when we account for canonical sizes so maybe that's not the best plan.
I dunno- 100+ little leeches all over the body? Even enough bee stings can kill a person.
Plus, poison type.
And don't forget the Avengers Endgame theory involving Antman and Thanos's behind.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wonderwing is powerful, but I don't think cheats count as a canon ability.
It shouldn't, considering most "infinite cheats" are from outside sources like Gamesharks and whatnot. But Banjo Kazooie does have actual in-game cheats that you activate by hitting certain letters in an order, and they give you infinite stuff and whatnot.

Edit: And to be honest, I do miss those kind of secrets and whatnot. Like seriously, why don't more games have cheats you can earn and allow you to go ham with the game and whatnot. Why don't Achievements give you cheats rather than 10 points that aren't used for anything other than bragging rights?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I dunno- 100+ little leeches all over the body? Even enough bee stings can kill a person.
Plus, poison type.
But all they do is slap you with their stems, and I think the white ones are only poisonous when eaten. There's no way for them to break the skin so unless you let the white ones kamikaze into your mouth I still don't think they could hurt the normal sized characters.

And don't forget the Avengers Endgame theory involving Antman and Thanos's behind.
I...don't wanna know.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
What about Duck Hunt?
Or....
Wii Fit Trainer?
They are on the lower end of the ladder.

EDIT: Duck Hunt does have a sniper with him that can't actually be killed since they exist in an alternate dimension (AKA, the real world) though so I wouldn't consider the pup to be the weakest.
I love canon sizes. Then we have smol charizard, tall wolf and gigantic Ridley.

Plus, poison type.
I suppose he has the power of numbers on his side but the captain Olimar himself would have the lowest strenght, not the most incredible speed, and none noteworthy defensive skills with intelligence being its only other notheworthy skill. Which is why I put him at the bottom of the ladder in power.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'm gonna be honest

I think more people are gonna end up preferring FP2 over FP1, and I think Nintendo knew this also.

I think just on a General Appeal level, FP2 kind of dominates FP1 in that department. Hero and Dragon Quest is a Phenomenon in Japan, but while it's had good sales on other regions, it's nowhere as popular. The other Franchises in FP1 also aren't the Biggest around, they still have popularity

But Persona, Banjo & Kazooie, and Fatal Fury/King of Fighters can't be compared to Final Fantasy, Minecraft, and Tekken, and all 3 of these Franchises are more popular Worldwide than Dragon Quest, even if Dragon Quest is the bigger franchises in Japan (though I wouldn't be surprised if Final Fantasy and Minecraft at one point sold more in Japan specfically)

I don't think Nintendo would have Greenlit FP2 if they didn't have characters they felt confident would keep up with or Surpass the Appeal of FP1. I also think this is gonna extend to whoever if CP11 also, though I don't think they have to be as Big as something like Minecraft or Tekken, or Final Fantasy, but somewhere around the Appeal level of Franchises present in FP1 and FP2

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be honest

I think more people are gonna end up preferring FP2 over FP1, and I think Nintendo knew this also.

I think just on a General Appeal level, FP2 kind of dominates FP1 in that department. Hero and Dragon Quest is a Phenomenon in Japan, but while it's had good sales on other regions, it's nowhere as popular. The other Franchises in FP1 also aren't the Biggest around, they still have popularity

But Persona, Banjo & Kazooie, and Fatal Fury/King of Fighters can't be compared to Final Fantasy, Minecraft, and Tekken, and all 3 of these Franchises are more popular Worldwide than Dragon Quest, even if Dragon Quest is the bigger franchises in Japan (though I wouldn't be surprised if Final Fantasy and Minecraft at one point sold more in Japan specfically)

I don't think Nintendo would have Greenlit FP2 if they didn't have characters they felt confident would keep up with or Surpass the Appeal of FP1. I also think this is gonna extend to whoever if CP11 also, though I don't think they have to be as Big as something like Minecraft or Tekken, or Final Fantasy, but somewhere around the Appeal level of Franchises present in FP1 and FP2
Basically my mindset, focusing on a third party character with decent worldwide appeal.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Yea I think Kirby is canonically the strongest
Dude survived a lot of impossible things
Plot Armor is the best quality a character can have to make them canonically stronger, after all. :4pacman:

Not to mention the whole "Eldritch Abomination threatening the world = Tuesday" from Kirby's PoV. It's pretty telling that Kirby was not in Sephiroth's trailer IIRC - Sephiroth was afraid of him. :4pacman:
Especially because he basically is one.

I mean... are we going to ignore that his head also doubles as an infinite black hole of a stomach that can instantly digest anything?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How about this instead:

Currently, both passes have five characters. One team will hunt you down, the other will defend you at all costs. You cannot mix up characters from the first pass and the second one.

Which one do you choose to defend yourself from the other? Bonus: including the completely differet characters alts.

Just a reminder if you guys forgot who is actually in which:

Team 1;
-Joker
-Hero (all four of them)
-Banjo & Kazooie
-Terry
-Byleth (male and female)

Team 2;
-Min Min
-Steve (as well as Alex, Enderman and Zombie)
-Sephiroth
-Pyra & Mythra
-Kazuya
I don't see any of the characters of Pass 1 are able to hold out against Sephiroth and Mythra honestly... They're basically god level in their own universe , or demi god.

The only one I know who could hold out against them could be Byleth. Not sure about Hero and Joker, but they do seem powerful, but not enough to hold against Sephiroth or Mythra, both basically have world destroying powers if I recall right.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
What about Duck Hunt?
Or....
Wii Fit Trainer?
That's the counter argument everyone seems to forget: canonically, one-third of Duck Hunt is literally a real human being on the other side of the TV holding a gun.

Sure, to us it's just a plastic light gun zapper, but to everyone in Smash, it's a legit f***ing superweapon being fired by some unseen, untouchable, omnipotent god of destruction.

The only way to keep yourself from getting blown away is by knocking out a dog and duck. Seems simple, until you realize that the duck is strong enough to fly in a straight vertical trajectory while carrying a full-grown hunting dog with its webbed duck feet. The Duck Hunt dog has long been believed to be a Bloodhound, which can grow to weigh anywhere from 90 to 130 lbs. Considering your average Mallard only weighs around 3 lbs...yeah, that's a jacked duck.

Speaking of the dog, it can literally create life. The Gunmen aren't waiting on the sidelines like Chrom is for Robin's Final Smash, nor are they being summoned from another realm like Bayonetta and Madama Butterfly. No, the dog is spawning 8-bit assassins out of dust and pixels. It even takes them a second to come to grips with their sudden sentience before attacking in the name of their creator. Granted, their lives are short and crude, but the dog can seemingly create an unlimited amount of them and they're always armed with .44 magnums.

ezgif-3-297200193abd.gif

Okay, a buff duck and a dog that can sow the seeds of creation aren't the strongest characters on the roster, but teaming them up with a transcendental gun wielded by literally YOU? Yeah, now they're at least in the top 10, no question.

Also, I always found it weird that, whenever we're talking about canonical sizes, Mr. Game & Watch is usually listed as around Mario's height. Which is ridiculous considering the Game & Watch screen is only around an inch and a half tall.

20210807_174426.jpg

"Oh, are we basing every video game character off of their in-game sprites now? Wouldn't that make every character who originated on the Gameboy super small, too?"

And my argument has always been that Mr. Game & Watch doesn't exist inside any world except the Game & Watch units. There are some G&Ws that star characters like Mario and Donkey Kong, who exist in their own universes. But there are way more G&Ws that stand entirely on their own. However, they aren't a series/franchise of interconnected worlds with their own lore like Mushroom Kingdom, DK Island, or Hyrule; Mr. Game & Watch was designed to be an amalgamation of the entire physical G&W line as a whole. He literally represents the LCD-screened mini games, the same way ROB represents...y'know, ROB, the physical toy.

So Olimar may still be smaller, but Mr. G&W is, at the most, only around 2.5 centimeters tall.

...Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to turn my phone off, go outside, and rethink the hills I've been passionately dying on lately...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Most powerful: Rosalina & Luma/Shulk
Weakest: Olimar

Tie between most powerful given they resetted the universe, Kirby comes a close second. Regardless I'd put them in the top 3 as the most powerful characters in the roster.

Weakest is Olimar as canonically he's only a few millimeters tall or something.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Also, I always found it weird that, whenever we're talking about canonical sizes, Mr. Game & Watch is usually listed as around Mario's height. Which is ridiculous considering the Game & Watch screen is only around an inch and a half tall.

"Oh, are we basing every video game character off of their in-game sprites now? Wouldn't that make every character who originated on the Gameboy super small, too?"

And my argument has always been that Mr. Game & Watch doesn't exist inside any world except the Game & Watch units. There are some G&Ws that star characters like Mario and Donkey Kong, who exist in their own universes. But there are way more G&Ws that stand entirely on their own. However, they aren't a series/franchise of interconnected worlds with their own lore like Mushroom Kingdom, DK Island, or Hyrule; Mr. Game & Watch was designed to be an amalgamation of the entire physical G&W line as a whole. He literally represents the LCD-screened mini games, the same way ROB represents...y'know, ROB, the physical toy.

So Olimar may still be smaller, but Mr. G&W is, at the most, only around 2.5 centimeters tall.

...Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to turn my phone off, go outside, and rethink the hills I've been passionately dying on lately...
My counterpoint to this is that Super Smash Bros. seems to treat Flat Zone (I think it's been called Super Flat World as well) as it's own space, so it isn't just a normal Game & Watch system.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's the counter argument everyone seems to forget: canonically, one-third of Duck Hunt is literally a real human being on the other side of the TV holding a gun.

Sure, to us it's just a plastic light gun zapper, but to everyone in Smash, it's a legit f***ing superweapon being fired by some unseen, untouchable, omnipotent god of destruction.

The only way to keep yourself from getting blown away is by knocking out a dog and duck. Seems simple, until you realize that the duck is strong enough to fly in a straight vertical trajectory while carrying a full-grown hunting dog with its webbed duck feet. The Duck Hunt dog has long been believed to be a Bloodhound, which can grow to weigh anywhere from 90 to 130 lbs. Considering your average Mallard only weighs around 3 lbs...yeah, that's a jacked duck.

Speaking of the dog, it can literally create life. The Gunmen aren't waiting on the sidelines like Chrom is for Robin's Final Smash, nor are they being summoned from another realm like Bayonetta and Madama Butterfly. No, the dog is spawning 8-bit assassins out of dust and pixels. It even takes them a second to come to grips with their sudden sentience before attacking in the name of their creator. Granted, their lives are short and crude, but the dog can seemingly create an unlimited amount of them and they're always armed with .44 magnums.

View attachment 325539

Okay, a buff duck and a dog that can sow the seeds of creation aren't the strongest characters on the roster, but teaming them up with a transcendental gun wielded by literally YOU? Yeah, now they're at least in the top 10, no question.

View attachment 325538

This is a real good post. Should be archived , or at least you should get a reward typing this up.

Personally I think a few of the strongest characters are probably Shulk, Mythra, Bayonetta, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer (granted he can use Legendaries, and rules are he is allowed to be killed himself) Sonic, Kirby and Sephiroth, but wouldn't know how to rank them. Samus, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Mario, Ganondorf, Ness, Lucas, Pit and Rosalina are all very powerful too.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Not gonna lie, I had a talk with Neo Cortex in my mind last night (yes, I have those, do not question my logic - I actually came to the conclusion that ghosts are real after watching the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episode where Jaden dueled Dark Magician Girl), and he said the reasons why his nemesis Crash isn't in Smash yet and the reason why Wrath of Cortex & Twinsanity (both games with scrapped content, which Twinsanity has the motherload of) didn't get remasters yet both have something to do with Kirby.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Canonical Duck Hunt is weird to think about. Canonically, all of these characters exist in this scenario. However, the 4th wall gunman canonically lives in a world in which none of this stuff exists, nor could it. So we have a weird situation where the characters both do and don't exist.

The only thing that could make that more confusing is throwing Bravely Default into the mix where the world in which we live is actually reachable in canon, which means that they canonically would exist, but also don't and can't, but also do anyway.

...Pokemon Trainer (granted he can use Legendaries, and rules are he is allowed kill himself)
This is what I initially read and was very confused...

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Canonical Duck Hunt is weird to think about. Canonically, all of these characters exist in this scenario. However, the 4th wall gunman canonically lives in a world in which none of this stuff exists, nor could it. So we have a weird situation where the characters both do and don't exist.

The only thing that could make that more confusing is throwing Bravely Default into the mix where the world in which we live is actually reachable in canon, which means that they canonically would exist, but also don't and can't, but also do anyway.

This is what I initially read and was very confused...
Funnily enough, this also applies to Earthbound.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
The strongest Smash character in canon (outside of silly 4th wall things) is either Shulk or Pyra/Mythra for reasons that are heavy spoilers for their games.

At the end of Xenoblade 1, Shulk defeats Zanza, who is a God with unlimited power over not only the universe Shulk is in, but also many others according to Xenoblade 2 lore. He does so by overpowering Zanza, who is in hold of Alvis, a sort of administrator for the multiverse since Xenoblda is kinda a compute simulation. Shulk takes an hold of Alvis by overpowering Zanza (and so Alvis himself), which gives him the power of a God, which he uses to erase all gods from existence so that mortals can live free of their wrath.

Pyra and Mythra have a true form called Pneuma, who is Alvis's equal. So not much else to say here.

Who's stronger between Shulk at his strongest and Pneuma is pretty much up to interpretation since they have the same powers, but Shuk does have more raw strength.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The strongest Smash character in canon (outside of silly 4th wall things) is either Shulk or Pyra/Mythra for reasons that are heavy spoilers for their games.

At the end of Xenoblade 1, Shulk defeats Zanza, who is a God with unlimited power over not only the universe Shulk is in, but also many others according to Xenoblade 2 lore. He does so by overpowering Zanza, who is in hold of Alvis, a sort of administrator for the multiverse since Xenoblda is kinda a compute simulation. Shulk takes an hold of Alvis by overpowering Zanza (and so Alvis himself), which gives him the power of a God, which he uses to erase all gods from existence so that mortals can live free of their wrath.

Pyra and Mythra have a true form called Pneuma, who is Alvis's equal. So not much else to say here.

Who's stronger between Shulk at his strongest and Pneuma is pretty much up to interpretation since they have the same powers, but Shuk does have more raw strength.
Why exactly are these still spoilers if the games have already been out for years? Xenoblade notably over a decade ago?

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
The problem with Joker is how his powers work in canon. If he's in the "real world" he's just some random teenager who works out regularly.

But in the metaverse, if he can access your shadow, he can manipulate your heart and mind, or even just straight up kill you. Also, since no other Smash character can access the metaverse, there's no way of stopping him really.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Just saw something on 4chan that actually peaked my interest and got me thinking. What if the direct takedown does mean something and it’s a 10 minute presentation going over a batch of mii costumes unrelated to FP11 and a revamp of some of the classic mode bosses by adding a few new ones into them or some returning bosses.

Shoutout to the anon on 4chan making a fake august smash direct leak who brought that idea up. He could be in here, he might not. Who knows.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Why exactly are these still spoilers if the games have already been out for years? Xenoblade notably over a decade ago?
Force of habit. I tend to put spoilers for major event of long jrpg or big adventure if they're not very widely known like FF7 or OOT. Besides, Xenoblade DE is only 1 year old, and seems to be the most popular version of the game.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
There is no expiration date on spoilers. The only time a spoiler stops being a spoiler is when everyone already knows.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Even so, the development timeline doesn't match when compared to XBC2, ARMS, or even FE3H, all of which were either too late for the base roster or the first fighter pass.
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but base roster development is significantly longer meaning **** absolutely needed to be finalized which it wasn't back in 2015 for the first two and the latter wasn't too late as seen as it made the first pass

FreeFox

Smash Lord

I still dont nderstand how being a god means beating Kirby. Eldritch abominations and gods are its usual enemies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Alright, I think this will indeed be my last one. I may change my mind, but for now I'm pretty set on this being the last one. I think this is a lot sooner than I originally had thought I was going to make it, but things have been going relatively well since the last one, and I had the time before I'm able to start on projects that are more important in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps in a year or two I'll have made something you can actually play. Heh.

Anywho, since I currently want this to be the last character, I decided to go a little crazy. The character is Amy from ZanZarah: The Hidden Portal. The game itself is like Pokémon, but with FPS mechanics as the battle system (and also some strange creature designs). Amy herself is like the Pokémon Trainer (which I'll state a few times in the thing), meaning that she doesn't actually do any fighting and leaves it to her three starter fairies; they're a transforming character.

Amy is a girl from London with a love for fantasy books. One night, she hears a noise upstairs, and upon investigation, she finds a magical rune that teleports her to the world of ZanZarah. There, she is told that she is the girl that the prophecy foretells of; one that will bring change to ZanZarah. Amy accepts this destiny, and embarks on a long journey to defeat the Dark Elves and bring peace to ZanZarah once more.

Just as in ZanZarah: The Hidden Portal, Amy doesn’t fight in Super Smash Bros. Instead, she enlists the aid of the three starter fairies, Sillia, Tadana, and Grem.

Amy’s role in battle is similar to the Pokémon Trainer’s: moral support! The fairies fight on her behalf, and unlike the Pokémon Trainer, she doesn’t give them direct orders since in ZanZarah: The Hidden Portal, fights take place on a separate plane from her. Since she’s here to witness the battles in Super Smash Bros., she is now able to react to her fairies’ successes and failures, cheering them on when they Taunt or get a K.O., and going “oh no…” when they get K.O.’ed themselves.

Amy will also make comments on the stages sometimes. Here are a few examples:

• On Smashville and Town & City, Amy will say “What a droll place. Who are all these animal people?”.
  • On Mushroomy Kingdom, Amy will recognize the area as World 1-1 from Super Mario Bros., and wonder how it became a desert.
  • On Cloud Sea of Alrest, she will play off of Gramps’s dialogue, reacting to Titans with him, and in response to his request of a “clean fight”, she’ll say “is it even possible to cheat here?”.
  • Amy will express surprise whenever the screen is flipped by an item.
  • When a Smash Ball or a Fake Smash Ball appears, Amy will excitedly point it out, believing either to be a real Smash Ball. If the other item appears, she will second guess herself.
  • If everyone stays idle for a while, she’ll say things like “So…are you guys just going to stare at each other?”.
Amy is canonically a normal person from London, likely from the 90’s or very early 2000’s, so her dialogue reflects this, recognizing the more famous titles from that time period & prior like Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong, recognizing areas that are very obviously based on real places, and having no clue what anything else is. She does know a bit more about Super Smash Bros. than she realistically should since every character in the game seems to be aware of the series regardless of origin.
For the Down Special, the fairies tag in for each other, which gives me a good moment to talk about each of them individually. The Fairies normally swap in order from Sillia, the Nature Fairy, Tadana, the Water Fairy, and Grem, the Stone Fairy. However, if you hold the button, they will swap in reverse order, allowing you to swap to which ever one fulfills your need at any time. One major difference from other character swap moves is that it doesn’t affect your momentum (beyond the fairy’s mobility stats changing) nor does it give you any intangibility, so you are vulnerable while swapping.

Since ZanZarah: The Hidden Portal’s combat is that of a first person shooter, the fairies are designed around how they interact with the zoning archetype. Sillia has an amazing zoning game, with long ranged attacks and good projectiles, but her close ranged options are terrible, so while she can keep opponents out, she can’t get them off of her once they get in. Grem is the opposite: he has a bunch of good “get off me” options, but his range is lacking, and his projectiles, while high in power, aren’t the best for keepaway. Tadana is somewhere in the middle. She has good projectiles, but rather than being designed for keepaway, they allow for combos.

In terms of their disadvantage state, Sillia struggles the most despite her 3 midair jumps due to her poor aerial mobility, and lack of ability to create a protective hitbox below her. She also has a “just OK” recovery move. Grem fares much better in juggle situations despite also having a low air speed due to his large down aerial, and 2 midair jumps to help him mix things up. These jumps are the only thing that allows him to recover however, as his recovery move barely is terrible at its job. Tadana is different still. She has 4 midair jumps, and a stall n’ fall attack to mixup her landings, but her recovery is actually really good. However, she’s the most fragile of the three in terms of weight.

Fairies are pretty small, so the three are a bit shorter than one might expect. The tallest is Sillia, who’s about as tall as joker. Grem and Tadana are a bit shorter, being about as tall as Mario.
Sillia’s Neutral Special is Slight Quake, Tadana’s Neutral Special is Small Waves, and Grem’s is Small Stone. These three Special Moves are all the same type of attack with different properties. All of them are straight shooting projectile attacks with that move at high speeds, but must first be charged before they become much of a threat. Fortunately, all three fairies can move around while they charge, and can cancel the charge by shielding or air dodging. The catch though, is that they can’t hold onto their charge; if they cancel it, they have to charge again. Also, if they charge for too long, the spell will backfire, and hurt them instead.

Slight Quake has a pretty fast charge time; enough for there to be a noticeable delay between projectiles, but not so much that it becomes useless as a zoning tool. Slight Quake allows Sillia to annoy her opponents from a distance with basic projectiles.

Small Waves has the fastest charge time, which means it can be rapid fired, but also backfires quickly. Small Waves doesn’t have as much range as Slight Quake and Small Stone, nor does it have any knockback to speak of. Instead, it can be used to control the space in front of her, and if used at point blank, she can combo off of the hitstun the attack provides.

Small Stone has a decently long charge time. It does OK damage if you don’t charge it all the way, but it has more lag than the other two moves, so you still can’t zone with it very easily. The fully charged version of the attack is very powerful though, and can even K.O. at high percents.
Sillia’s Side Special is Large Root. This attack summons a…uh…large root a slight distance in front of her, in order to grab an opponent. If Sillia is successful, she does a bit of damage, and lowers the victim’s overall speed. If the attack is made with a Smash Attack style input, Sillia will summon the root at a farther distance. The attack doesn’t work if Sillia is too far off the ground, or if there isn’t enough ground in front of her to summon a root at the desired distance.

Tadana’s Side Special is called Hail of Needles. On the ground, this attack is similar to Small Waves, but it fires multiple projectiles, covering a wider space vertically, and dealing multiple hits at the expense of the rapid fire capabilities. It serves as a more committal, but more rewarding version of Small Waves, as it can start combos from farther away. It can also be charged for a beat to instead initiate the Hail of Knives attack, which deals more damage, and can be comboed out of if it hits at any distance.

In the air, Hail of Needles functions similarly to Sheik’s Needles. They don’t start combos, but can mess opponents up, and stuff out recoveries with good aim. They don’t have as much range as Sheik’s Needles, however. Hail of Knives loses the annoyance properties of Hail of Needles, and instead will lock opponents in hitstun if they are on the ground, setting up combos. To clarify, Tadana’s Side Special can’t backfire on her, as she’ll fire Hail of Knives automatically.

Grem’s Side Special is Unintentional Movement. Grem stumbles forward, and summons a rock to catch himself. If the rock is attacked, it will burst, causing Grem to fall forward, and dealing damage to the attacker, or reflecting their projectile. This is essentially just a cute looking counter/reflect move that gives Grem an anti-zoning tool.
Sillia’s Up Special is Falling Tree. On the ground she will summon a log above her, and then send it diagonally downward so it slams down in front of her. The log lands in between her ranges for Large Root, allowing her to effectively control all three positions in front of her, as if Slight Quake didn’t already. Falling Tree also allows her to snuff out aerial approaches. If the log hits an opponent, they will be poisoned, and take damage over a short period of time.

When used in the air, Sillia will summon the log much higher above her, then magically enter it before it goes crashing down. This version of the move deals more damage and knockback, but isn’t nearly as safe as using it on the ground. It’s mostly just for recovery purposes.

Tadana’s Up Special is Hurricane. Tadana summons winds and water below her, launching her up a decent distance. This Special Move is the exact same concept as Hero’s Swoosh, but you can’t charge it, and it’s a bit slow, so it doesn’t really work as a true escape option. However, Tadana isn’t sent into free fall when she uses this move.

Grem’s Up Special is Meteor. This attack has the same ideas as Falling Tree, just executed differently. On the ground, the attack summons a meteor above him that slams into the ground. The range is similar to that of Falling Tree, but the attack is slower overall. This is to compensate for the much worse condition that it inflicts. If the meteor hits an opponent, they will be unable to jump for about 2-3 seconds. This won’t remove a character’s midair jumps if they were hit in mid-air, but they can’t use them until the effect is over. Up Specials are fair game though.

When using Meteor in the air, Grem jumps up to the boulder, grabs it, and follows it down. Compared to Falling Tree, this attack sacrifices vertical distance for more horizontal distance, meaning that if Grem doesn’t get high enough with his midair jumps, he’s probably not coming back to the stage. Because of this, I would recommend swapping to Tadana, or at least Sillia while recovering if at all possible.
Sillia’s Neutral Attack is a pulse of green energy from her palm similar to Zelda’s Neutral Attack. This attack is worthless. Don’t use it. Her Forward Tilt is a whip attack using a vine. This is a long ranged attack designed to push back opponents that get into mid-range since Large Root doesn’t actually do that. At close range, it is unsafe on shield, so be wary of that.

Sillia’s Up Tilt is another vine whip, this time at a diagonally upward angle. This is an anti-air attack that doesn’t cover as much range as Falling Tree, but also isn’t a projectile if you’re in a situation where this matters. It’s also a bit quicker. This attack completely misses a lot of characters if they’re standing next to her, as well as all characters while they’re crouching. This is purely an anti-air.

Her Down Tilt has her grow a thorny root from the ground, which then immediately disappears. It can start a combo, but is also slow, so Sillia can’t really rely on it as a close ranged option.

Sillia’s Dash Attack is another palm thrust with green energy. This is her most reliable close ranged option, but even it works better from a bit farther back due to the startup lag.

Sillia’s Forward Smash has her grow a thorny vine from behind her, and then launch its growth in front of her so it can stab an opponent. This attack has a sweetspot at the tip of its range, which is where you want to land the attack due to the very weak sourspots. It does have a hitbox behind it, so that’s something.

Sillia’s Up Smash has the same idea as her Down Tilt, but upscaled so it works as an anti-air. Functionally, it works as a riskier, but more rewarding version of her Up Tilt, as while it does have a hitbox near the ground, it is a pretty poor sourspot. Meanwhile, the sweet spot at the tip of the root is incredibly powerful.

Her Down Smash is the same as her other Smash Attacks. This time, she whips with vines on both sides. They have a terrible sourspot near her, but have powerful sweetspots where the vines crack on the ground.
Tadana’s Neutral Attack is a palm thrust with both palms that produces a small, short ranged burst of water. This acts as an OK “get off me” tool, but its short range makes it pretty ineffective against mid ranged attacks. Her Forward Tilt has her swipe her hands forward, creating a wave of water that extends that range a bit. This is her best poke while on the ground.

Her Up Tilt consists of two overhead sweeps with water. The attack is similar in look to Falco’s Up Tilt, but the range isn’t as big horizontally. This can start combos at low percents. Her Down Tilt is a small water explosion, which doesn’t start combos, but can hit opponents on the ledge.

Tadana’s Dash Attack is a palm thrust with another burst of water attached. This works as a good burst movement tool.

Tadana’s Forward Smash brings up a wave behind her, and slams it forward. It’s not as powerful as one would originally guess, but it can protect her in certain situations due to how the wave washes over her. Her Up Smash summons a geyser of water in front of her. This is her strongest Smash Attack, but the hitbox is a bit awkward to land.

Her Down Smash has her spin around, spraying water everywhere. This is your typical Down Smash that’s really only there to catch dodge rolls. It does good damage if you do though.
Grem’s Neutral Attack is a palm thrust that can be followed up by another palm thrust if the attack button is pressed again. This is a very quick jab that can get opponents off of you, but only if they’re close; those stubby limbs of his aren’t going to out range a sword. What will out range a sword is his Forward Tilt. Grem summons a rock from the sky and slams it to the ground. This attack is still relatively quick on startup, but Grem executes this move in a panic, so it a bit more end lag as he checks to see if it worked. It doesn’t count as a projectile though, so that’s a plus.

Grem’s Up Tilt has him create a stone spear and swipe it above him. This works as a good anti-air that actually hits all around his head. His Down Tilt is a stomp that causes a sharp rock to jut out from the ground. At low percents, this can combo into aerial attacks.

Grem’s Dash Attack is just like the others, though due to his element, he’s straight up hitting you with a rock. This is the best version of the bunch because his normally slow speed can cause the burst of movement to catch the opponent off guard.

Grem’s Forward Smash has him create a stone fist and then thrust it forward. This is your typical heavy hitting Forward Smash that has a hard time connecting due to the high amount of lag. If you do land it, it’s going to hurt.

His Up Smash conjures another stone spear, and thrusts it up. This Smash Attack is also powerful, but while the hitbox on the spear is forgiving, there is no scooping hitbox so you have to hit with the actual stab. Grem’s Down Smash is a stomp with both feet that acts as a more damaging combo starter that combos for longer at the expense of speed.
Sillia’s Neutral Aerial is a simple spin move with green energy coming from her hands. It actually is a useful “get off me” tool, but the hitbox only covers her arms so it’s deceptively hard to land, and it’s not going to outrange most attacks.

Sillia’s Forward Aerial is her go too aerial. It’s a vine whip at a diagonally downward angle, allowing her to cover a lot of ground even if she’s in the air, and is her least risky option for covering a grounded approach.

Her Up Aerial summons a flower above her that immediately blooms, dealing a lot of damage. This is a lot like Zelda’s Up Aerial, being a great K.O. move, but a having a hard to land hitbox. Her Back Aerial is a backward kick enhanced with green energy. This is a genuinely OK K.O. move without any strings attached.

Sillia’s Down Aerial is a vine whip that hits below her. It has the same properties as Palutena’s Down Aerial used to: It has a strong spike hitbox, but it’s only out for one frame, and is the only hitbox for the attack so good luck hitting it.
Tadana’s Neutral Aerial has her create a burst of water that hits all around her. It can protect her, but has a bit of startup. Her Forward Aerial is a water slash. It’s her best combo aerial along with her Up Aerial: a water slash that hits above her head that is good at juggling opponents.

Tadana’s Back Aerial is a flurry of water slashes that hits three times, but is fairly weak as a K.O. move. Her Down Aerial is a stall and fall attack that has her submerge herself in water, and shoot downward at a somewhat diagonal angle.
Grem’s Neutral Aerial has him summon a rock, and shoot it around him in a circle. This is his best out of shield option, and is sure to get opponents off of you if they’re too close. His Forward Aerial is a drop kick that does more damage, but has less range. It’s best used in combos.

Grem’s Back Aerial conjures a stone fist and slams it back. This attack is a great K.O. move, but again, is pretty slow. His Up Aerial conjures a stone spear, which is then thrust upward. It’s another not that great Up Aerial. His Down Aerial conjures the stone spear, which is then swung below him. This is a fast aerial attack that creates a protective hitbox below Grem.
The fairies all have normal grabs, though Grem has the best grab range. Their throws have wildly varying levels of usefulness though. Sillia’s only worthwhile throw is her Forward Throw since it throws opponents back into neutral where she thrives. Tadana’s Down Throw is a combo throw, but none of her other throws really do much for her. Grem has a K.O. throw in his back throw, and can also combo off of his down throw at low percents.
The fairies combine their power to create a tornado of mud, water, and plants. This tornado can be moved slowly in any direction by the player. If you press the attack button, a vine shoots out to the nearest opponent and pulls them in if it hits. If you press the Special Attack button, rocks go flying out of the tornado to pelt everyone with projectiles. After a while, the tornado explodes (as tornadoes do), likely K.O.’ing all caught within it.
Amy, or rather, her fairies, are collectively quite good at keeping you out, and have good options while under pressure as well. However, the amazing zoning, good setup tools, and good boxing tools are offset by the fact that they’re strewn across three characters, and unlike with the other two swappable characters, switching is a risk that you have to commit to. This much is probably obvious at this point.

Individually, Sillia is one of the best keepaway characters in the game, but has no good close range options outside of a few niche situations. Tadana is the most well rounded, is good at setting up combos from a distance, and has the best recovery, but she is also a feather weight. Grem has good tools for relieving pressure both in neutral and in disadvantage, but that’s kind of all he can do for the most part, and his recovery is hot garbage.

Collectively, they also have trouble K.O.’ing due to all of their K.O. moves being really hard to hit, weak, or slow. Speaking of slow, they also share low mobility stats, with Grem being one of the slowest characters in the game, and the fastest, Tadana, being middle of the road.

The Astral Plane is an ethereal battleground where fairies duel. The stage has a few different layouts that it can have. The first is a simple rectangular platform. There are archways in the background, which serve as the context for the solid platform in the middle. The archway facing the camera is broken so it doesn’t obscure the action, but players can still stand on it, and it acts as a ceiling while underneath. Two semi-solid platforms hover on each side of the main platform. This serves as the starting points for both players in a 1v1 match.

The second layout takes place at a temple like structure. The main platform is the same, but there are now two solid platforms that are held up by columns in the background, that are placed in such a way that they would divide the stage into thirds if they were walls. Between the two platforms is a semi-solid platform that is also held up by pillars. The semi-solid platforms on the sides are here just like in the previous layout.

The third layout consists of three main platforms; two rectangular ones on the sides, and one cone shaped one in the middle (the flat part faces up). On the right side is a box like platform that creates a wall, and on the right, is a solid platform that creates a ceiling. Just like before, the semi-solid platforms are on the far left and right sides of the stage.

The fourth layout is a simple pyramid structure with walls abound. This pyramid has three levels, and there is enough room to fight on each without it feeling too claustrophobic. Once again, there are semi-solid platforms on the sides.

The final layout consists of two semi-solid platforms slanted to the left, and one solid platform with the same configuration. The entire arena is a spiral staircase with only one side being intractable. The semi-solid platforms from before are configured a bit differently, with the one on the left being at the bottom, and the one on the right being on the top.

The last notable feature of the stage is that regardless of the layout, the stage will have one of 12 different cosmetic details (based on the game’s twelve elements: Nature, Air, Water, Light, Energy, PSI, Stone, Ice, Fire, Dark, Chaos, and Metal) depending on the fighters present. For example, water based characters like Squirtle, Greninja, and Corrin might cause the stage to have an underwater look, and the Ice Climbers might cause there to be snow on the platforms. The stage will prioritize the more fighters that fit a theme, and will randomize the effect between the tying options.

I unfortunately can’t say what all of the effects look like because I don’t remember all the ones I’ve seen, I haven’t seen all of them, and information of this nature isn’t all that readily available, but I can say which characters trigger what effect:

• Nature
    • Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Peach, Daisy, Young Link, Ivysaur, Diddy Kong, Sonic, Olimar, Lucario, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Mii Brawler, Duck Hunt, Ryu, Isabelle, Piranha Plant, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, Min Min
  • Air
    • Kirby, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Pit, King Dedede
  • Water
    • Squirtle, Greninja, Corrin, Inkling, King K. Rool
  • Light
    • Link, Zelda, Toon Link, Rosalina & Luma, Palutena, Simon, Richter, Mythra
  • Energy
    • Dark Samus, Pikachu, Luigi, Pichu, Zero Suit Samus, Mii Gunner, Shulk
  • PSI
    • Ness, Mewtwo, Lucas
  • Stone
    • Steve
  • Ice
    • Ice Climbers
  • Fire
    • Mario, Captain Falcon, Bowser, Roy, Snake, Ike, Charizard, Ken, Incineroar, Pyra
  • Dark
    • Sheik, Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Robin, Sephiroth, Kazuya
  • Chaos
    • Dr. Mario, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, PAC-Man, Bayonetta, Ridley, Joker, Hero, Byleth
  • Metal
    • Samus, Fox, Falco, Marth, Lucina, Chrom, R.O.B., Wolf, Mega Man, Mii Swordfighter, Bowser Jr., Cloud
Not…all of these make sense. They weren’t going to, but I hope they all make as much sense as they can.

There isn’t really anything fitting to base off these pallets, so I will be basing them off of the other elemental color schemes. Sillia’s design has been altered for the good boys and girls of Super Smash Bros. (In the original game the dress doesn’t even cover her butt…I’m fairly certain the game got away with a bit more in this aspect than it would today.)

• Amy: Amy is a human girl with brown hair, green jeans, a small blue backpack, a brown jacket, and a white shirt with a single horizontal red stripe going across it. Sillia appears human save for the green butterfly wings, has black hair, and wears a green dress with matching leggings. Tadana is a blue winged fish…turtle…girl, and Grem is a hefty looking stone gargoyle with tiny wings.
  • Muted Pink (Chaos): Amy’s jacket and pants become a muted pink, and the white on her shirt becomes grey. Sillia’s clothes also take on this muted pink, with black on the accents. Tadana’s shell becomes pink, and her skin is tinted this color as well. Grem becomes entirely colored in dark pink.
  • Pink (Energy): Amy’s jacket becomes a bright pink, and the red stripe on her shirt is now purple. Her pants become blue to match better. Sillia’s dress and wings are now pink and purple, Tadana’s skin fully commits to the bright pink color, and her shell becomes purple. Grem is also completely pink.
  • Light Blue (Ice): Amy’s jacket and jeans become a nice teal color. Sillia’s dress also becomes this color, and the accent color is now white. Tadana’s skin lightens in color, and Grem is now a dark teal color.
  • White (Air): Amy’s clothing becomes completely white. Sillia adopts the white color as well, accenting it with some darker greys. Tadana’s skin becomes white, and her shell becomes grey. Grem now looks like he’s made of white marble.
  • Yellow (Light): Amy’s jacket becomes a light yellow, and her pants change to blue to match better. Sillia’s dress and wings become yellow and black, Tadana gains a yellow tint to her skin, and Grem now looks like sandstone.
  • Red (Fire): Amy’s jacket becomes red, and her pants become blue so that she doesn’t look like Christmas. Sillia adopts a red and green color scheme (so she does look like Christmas, but she’s also plant themed so it works), Tadana’s skin is now red, and Grem looks like he’s made out of clay.
  • Purple (Dark): Amy’s jacket and pants become purple. Sillia’s color scheme becomes purple and black, Tadana’s skin becomes a dark purple, with her shell turning black, and Grem commits to the black color.
  • Link
  • Corrin
  • Bowser
  • Ganondorf
  • Bayonetta
  • Pit & Palutena
  • Bonus
  • Pokémon Trainer
The theme here is the different species that exist in worlds of magic. Link is a Hylian with a magic sword, Corrin is a half dragon with shapeshifting and water magic, Bowser is a fire breathing Koopa, Ganondorf is a Gerudo mage, Bayonetta is an Umbra Witch, Pit and Palutena are an angel and goddess of light respectively, and the Pokémon Trainer parallels Amy since they’re from the same type of game (albeit one’s turn based and the other’s part FPS).
This is pretty much the game’s entire OST. Yeah for a several hour long RPG it doesn’t have a lot of music. Most areas just have ambiance, leaving the music for the towns.

• Introduction (Remix)
    • From what I remember, only the first bit actually plays during the game. It’s a nice intro theme, and I think it would make a great remix track.
  • Come with Me (Remix)
    • A beautiful vocal track remixed to get a faster pace for battle.
  • Endeva (Remix)
    • A pretty track for the village in the garden of the fairies. The remix is so that it fits a battle better.
  • Tiralin
    • The music for the big city. I think this one could get away with no remix.
  • The Prophecy (Remix)
    • The music that plays in the three lore dump Cutscenes. I think it could get a chilling remix.
  • Battle Theme
    • While I think it could get an amazing remix (and also it would fix the issue of it not looping), I’ll leave it alone here because it’s one of the few songs that doesn’t need it so suit the new environment, and not all of them can get a remix. 6 of the 10 songs have it as it is.
  • Dunmore (Remix)
    • The theme of the swamp village. I could see this one being left out entirely.
  • Monagham
    • The theme of the home of the dwarves. I think this one could get by without a remix as well.
  • Tiralin (Alternate Version)
    • As far as I know, this goes unused, though it might be heard after certain events in the game. It’s a bit repetitive for my tastes so I’m glad it’s not the default theme. It gets better in the end though
  • Gramire (Remix)
    • This is music for a town in an expansion to ZanZarah: The Hidden Portal that never came to light. The music however, was released to the public. I think the remix would be absolutely beautiful.
  • Tinefol (Novice)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle a Bowser Jr. on Garden of Hope. After a while, a Yoshi, Charizard, and a brown Falco will join him. Defeat Bowser Jr. to win.
    • Effect: Primary Spirit. Is Grab Type, and has 1 slot.
  • Rasrow (Novice)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle a brown Falco with a Rage Blaster on Arena Ferox.
    • Effect: Grants PSI Resist.
  • Goop (Novice)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle a blue Kirby with a Healing Sprout on Pirate Ship.
    • Effect: Grants Water & Ice Attack Up.
  • Vesbat (Advanced)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle a red-orange Ganondorf with a Drill on Gerudo Valley.
    • Effect: Primary Spirit: Is Shield Type, and has 2 slots.
  • Greezlock (Advanced)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle the Ice Climbers on Summit while periodically freezing.
    • Effect: Primary Spirit. Is Attack Type, has 2 slots, and grants Water & Ice Attack Up.
  • Segbuzz (Advanced)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle a dark red Dark Pit on Distant Planet while your controls periodically reverse.
    • Effect: Grants Jam FS Charge.
  • Daemonex (Ace)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle an Incineroar with a Fire Flower on Norfair.
    • Effect: Primary Spirit. Is Attack Type, and grants Fire Attack Up.
  • Dredanox (Ace)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle a grey Ganondorf that is distracted by items as Black Holes constantly spawn in on Find Mii.
    • Effect: Grants Black Hole Equipped.
  • Saune (Ace)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle a white Zelda on Skyworld as several Dark Pits swarm you both. Defeat Zelda to win.
    • Effect: Primary Spirit. Is Shield Type, and has three slots.
  • Shadow Elves (Ace)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle the same competitors as with the Dredanox, Segbuzz, Greezlock, Goop, and Rasrow Spirit battles on Astral Plane. Defeat everyone to win.
    • Effect: Primary Spirit. Is Attack Type, and has three slots.
  • White Druid (Legend)
    • Spirit Battle: You battle a white Robin on Skyworld as all of the previous Spirit battle opponents swarm you. Defeat Robin to win.
    • Effect: Grants Legendary Wisdom, which ups the power of Magic, PSI, Fire & Explosion, Water & Ice, Electric, and Energy Shot attacks.
EDIT: Ack! I'm not done setting it up yet! Gimme a minute.
EDIT EDIT: OK Done.

Last edited:

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice
It is common courtesy. No matter how widespread you think a spoiler may be, it is still possible that someone hasn't been spoiled yet. For example, I hadn't played FFVII when it first came out, and by the time I considered playing it, it was already spoiled for me. The experience that I could have had, but unfortunately never did, was taken away from me by someone who used the same logic you just used.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Well looks like the Rapper Mario leak is fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom