• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
If there are any Indie Characters left for the running, The Knight (Hollow Knight), Quote/Curly (Cave Story), Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer), and Gunvolt may be it. If not, Mii Costumes like the other 4.

Again, even if these characters doesn't make it, they could if another entry of Smash Bros is possible. Which of course won't be in the hands of Sakurai as he is wrapping up Ultimate.
Frisk also has a chance imo, because of how ridiculously popular Undertale is over there. But I feel like the Knight would be an amazing sleeper pick, and most people probably wouldn't have a problem with it. Seeing Hallownest as a stage would be beautiful.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Inb4 the final character is from super meat boy and sakurai being credited in the credits was the hint we never knew existed. I’m only half joking.
…Sakurai was credited in Super Meat Boy?

no really, this is news to me

Theguy123

Smash Lord
…Sakurai was credited in Super Meat Boy?

no really, this is news to me
yeah. He got a special Thanks in the credit. I learned about it today when some anon put a 4chan post up asking if him being credited in super meat boy means anything. I went and actually searched it up and yeah he’s credited in super meat boy

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Smash Ultimate will craw into +30 million copies sold. For a fighting game its an outstanding number. I think Nintendo will have a hard time to exceed this amount of copies sold.

But in addition, Smash Ultimate will likely reach a point of saturation. I mean, they can add more fighters via DLC and people would live to see more collaborations. But, how many copies They can sold? Can they reached more than 40 millions? That would be selling more than the original Super Mario Bros.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Random question, but if the final presentation added some QoL features, like additions to existing modes, what would you like to see?
-Make Hazardless versions of stages selectable from stage select the same way Omega and Battlefield versions are.

-Remember my last color selection for each character. Smash 3DS did this. No idea why Wii U and Ultimate don't.

-All-Star Mode gets a Boss Rush version.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Super specific thing I wish we could get back
The Brawl voice lines when you select a character on the select screen.

Also, even more specific:

I would've loved Wolf's Brawl line "We're gonna have fun with this thing!" when he uses his final smash.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
It seems so strange that Smash is about to end soon. It’s been a cultural phenomenon going on 7 years now. There’s going to be a mighty hole in online discussion until next game.
😞
😣
😭...

This series has made me feel so many emotions .... Way more than my favorite games ... It's not even a comparison anymore. There's gaming then there's smash.

It never ceases to amaze me the things players pull off and each entry has it's own awesome appeal that just isn't the norm in fighting game series that I know of anyway....

And I'm always learning new things like how in the world did I never play this mode:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
How about bring back Smash Run from the 3ds? Great concept from Kirby's Air Ride of City Trial
My idea for that? Turn it into a Battle Royal!

64 players port in. Everyone runs around collecting upgrades as the blast zones around the edge of the map contract, last 4 players alive play a Smash match to determine the winner.

D

Deleted member

So, I was subscribed to Hungrybox and found the speculation leak he posted. Any thoughts on it?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Oh snap! New Mario Golf course today!

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Oh snap! New Mario Golf course today!

they referenced captain toad treasure tracker. I’d be surprised if we don’t see Luigi mansion 3 content. I Think E gadd, king boo or gooigi will be in at the minimum.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of the Mario Rapper leak, anyone else feel that most of it is just a lucky guess? Like how Vergeben's leaks were lucky on being right, if you can even call them lucky (as in most of his base Smash Bros. Ultimate leaks, mostly)? I have a feeling they could be wrong on at least the things after CP11.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Speaking of the Mario Rapper leak, anyone else feel that most of it is just a lucky guess? Like how Vergeben's leaks were lucky on being right, if you can even call them lucky (as in most of his base Smash Bros. Ultimate leaks, mostly)? I have a feeling they could be wrong on at least the things after CP11.
I don’t think Vergeben was just lucky, he had actual insider information.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
the leak is fake but vergeben wasn’t lucky. He had legit sources that he lost after covid screwed people over.

calling hero, terry, byleth, Steve, banjo, the base roster and the grinch Leak being fake isn’t lucky guesses.

that being said, I’m interested to see what the koei tecmo stuff is that he was talking about. I think he mentioned it around byleth’s reveal if I remember rightly.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don’t think Vergeben was just lucky, he had actual insider information.
the leak is fake but vergeben wasn’t lucky. He had legit sources that he lost after covid screwed people over.

calling hero, terry, byleth, Steve, banjo, the base roster and the grinch Leak being fake isn’t lucky guesses.

that being said, I’m interested to see what the koei tecmo stuff is that he was talking about. I think he mentioned it around byleth’s reveal if I remember rightly.
Which is why I said "if you can call his leaks lucky". :p

But my point was, both got a lot of things right, the Mario Rapper leak and Vergeben. Vergeben eventually got something wrong, which was Master Chief which was actually Kazuya being the second to last DLC character. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mario Rapper leak was wrong on the last character that is DLC, even though it got the Dante costume and other things right.

That is basically what I meant.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Generally, no leaker is going to always get perfect information. They're always fed partial stuff anyway. It took a long time for Verge to get completely incorrect information, instead of only "kind of wrong"(Hero he knew, but where the DLC was was incorrect, for example). Master Chief is the first one among Smash to be hard wrong in every way. It didn't help he made a bad joke that was easy to interpret as Champions(when that wasn't the case. He tends to make stupid jokes/say stupid things that obviously people would take a way he didn't intend. Not everybody learns their lesson, and by that, I mean Verge), but yeah. This is not entirely impossible that only the time was wrong for the Chief reveal, but a lot of crappy information was thrown his way by that point anyway, so it's not like it'd make him look more credible.

That, and Steve being in talks for five years explains his really odd Minecraft information pretty, if you will, squarely.

That also said, it's a lot more interesting that the final character seems like it'll remain unleaked. Good or bad, it'll make the impact a lot more meaningful~

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
They may be referring to this video:

He's just looking over the Rapper Mario leak and sharing his opinion on it.
I've swarm off watching any of Hbox's content. He's a deeply dangerous person, as revealed by Deep Leffen.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
7 years? Do you not consider 2016-2018 to be a hole in Smash's lifespan?
Compares to the usual 7-8 year gaps between games? Not really. Especially since peoplestarted speculating about Ultimate as soon as the Switch was announced shortly after 4 ended.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Generally, no leaker is going to always get perfect information. They're always fed partial stuff anyway. It took a long time for Verge to get completely incorrect information, instead of only "kind of wrong"(Hero he knew, but where the DLC was was incorrect, for example). Master Chief is the first one among Smash to be hard wrong in every way. It didn't help he made a bad joke that was easy to interpret as Champions(when that wasn't the case. He tends to make stupid jokes/say stupid things that obviously people would take a way he didn't intend. Not everybody learns their lesson, and by that, I mean Verge), but yeah. This is not entirely impossible that only the time was wrong for the Chief reveal, but a lot of crappy information was thrown his way by that point anyway, so it's not like it'd make him look more credible.

That, and Steve being in talks for five years explains his really odd Minecraft information pretty, if you will, squarely.

That also said, it's a lot more interesting that the final character seems like it'll remain unleaked. Good or bad, it'll make the impact a lot more meaningful~
I wasn't denying leakers would not always get perfect information. I personally still would not defend them based on that reasoning, but never mind that. That is not the point. Defending them with that reason isn't bad either.

But regardless, this Mario Rapper leak, I can see it getting the last stuff it said wrong even with what it has gotten right. I would like to see Phoenix Wright in Smash, but I am not counting on it. I am rather going in and likely to be surprised.

And that is assuming that it is reliable, even. The thing is, to me, not always getting perfect information only backs up my thought here: You'll eventually get something wrong in the long run. But maybe you knew that.

Does the Mario Rapper leak even have insider information like Vergeben did?

SKX31

Smash Master
The only QoL change I want is the ability to sort the CSS by series.
Hell, the ability to customatize the CSS by whatever criteria would also be welcome. I'm bringing up my MW - Dota 2 - because it allows this. Of course, there's going to be a major difference between serious sorting:

And (to use an older version) "sorting":

It seems so strange that Smash is about to end soon. It’s been a cultural phenomenon going on 7 years now. There’s going to be a mighty hole in online discussion until next game.
It's worth noting that there have been previous major gaps - specifically between Brawl and Smash 4. FTR, I'm counting when the public at large first became aware of the next entry:

* 64 -> Melee: November 1999 (EU release) -> May 2001 (E3 reveal), 18 months.

* Melee -> Brawl: May 2002 (EU / ANZ releases) -> May 2006 (E3 reveal), 4 years. 3 years if you count Iwata's announcement at the previous year's, but at that point Sakurai had not signed on.

* Brawl -> Smash 4: June 2008 (ANZ / EU releases) -> June 2013 (E3 reveal). 5 years, 3 years if you count Iwata's announcement at E3 2011 - but development didn't begin until Uprising had finished in March 2012.

* Smash 4 -> Ultimate: February 2016 (Last DLC fighters released, the last patch would release in May 2016) - > March 2018 (Reveal). Just over 2 years (or just under 2).

In other words: In b4 Smash 6 gets revealed in 2026 baybee. :4pacman:

My idea for that? Turn it into a Battle Royal!

64 players port in. Everyone runs around collecting upgrades as the blast zones around the edge of the map contract, last 4 players alive play a Smash match to determine the winner.
In that scenario:
I for one welcome our new :ultminmin overlords.:roll:

So, I was subscribed to Hungrybox and found the speculation leak he posted. Any thoughts on it?
The what

can I see it?
Clickbait aside?

Hbox's showed this leak (the Hooded Mario PFP claiming "a capcom character from a game that doesn’t involve action" and Waluigi as part of additional content after FP2) in his video. The leak has been covered by e-sports sites like Dexerto, so I heavily suspect that's why Hbox's covering it as well.

Which... yeah, it's the latter part that has me really skeptical of the leak's veracity. So:

• We're talking 4chan post and as such it's next to impossible to verify the claim or the one putting it forward
  • It goes against Sakurai's words of "FP2 will be the end of Ultimate" - especially with the "playful statement" part and the list of corps involved being really bloody long.
  • The claims are really vague and coy on purpose - which is something Hbox noted in his video.

Hbox does shift his attention 9 minutes in - towards another Dexerto article, which talks about the NSUID / Ancient Helm thing.

Now, Hbox does combine this with the Mario Rapper leak... which seems like a stretch. Part of me gets the impression he believes or want to believe it, but it could also be him partly using his trademark energy to "drive engagement".

All in all, I'm pressing X to doubt hard.

I've swarm off watching any of Hbox's content. He's a deeply dangerous person, as revealed by Deep Leffen.
Remember, he tossed a TV:

:4pacman:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wasn't denying leakers would not always get perfect information. I personally still would not defend them based on that reasoning, but never mind that. That is not the point. Defending them with that reason isn't bad either.

But regardless, this Mario Rapper leak, I can see it getting the last stuff it said wrong even with what it has gotten right. I would like to see Phoenix Wright in Smash, but I am not counting on it. I am rather going in and likely to be surprised.

And that is assuming that it is reliable, even. The thing is, to me, not always getting perfect information only backs up my thought here: You'll eventually get something wrong in the long run. But maybe you knew that.

Does the Mario Rapper leak even have insider information like Vergeben did?
I was saying in general, to be clear. Just putting my thoughts on the subject.

No clue if Mario Rapper Leak had any inside information, though.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why does everyone keep latching on to that Rapper Mario leak jeez

it’s concert leak 2.0 which Pythra shut down upon the return of the MonHun costumes
I wasn't the one who brought it back up, but I did want to comment on that.

Another comment, though, if this leak were real, and a Capcom character is the last character, that would break the fan rule on "No more than three characters per third party company", right, if that is a thing, even?

Like I said, though, I am not betting on this leak being real.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Regarding that leak, my eyes keep going back to the Steel Wool part, and Scott Cawthon saying there were no plans for collabs

that should automatically make it fake as collabs includes miis and spirits
With that, and the fact that Sakurai said there would be no more characters and all after CP11, I think it is safe to call that leak fake, and lucky, if you can call it that. I can imagine collabs, Miis and Spirits, as well as bonus characters combined with that, to be extra work for Sakurai, much more extra work, which I don't think he plans to do. He did close down his Famitsu column on Smash Bros. Ultimate after all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
With that, and the fact that Sakurai said there would be no more characters and all after CP11, I think it is safe to call that leak fake, and lucky, if you can call it that. I can imagine collabs, Miis and Spirits, as well as bonus characters combined with that, to be extra work for Sakurai, much more extra work, which I don't think he plans to do. He did close down his Famitsu column on Smash Bros. Ultimate after all.
It's also possible some people had a bit of insider information... and made up the rest to have fun/troll. It's a common thing, really.

Especially as no more characters are coming. That, and some stuff are pretty damn hard to guess anyway. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom