• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
WAIT WHAT
Professor Layton is a better selling series than the Ace Attorney series!

Have a look at this:
View attachment 322530
Yeah it’s level 5’s best selling franchise which is why it’s annoying that they frew their mascot under the bus with many other franchises they own so that they could push a Pokémon rip off that’s starting to lose its popularity in Japan.

It’s also probably more than 17 mill now because the original trilogy got ported to the phone last year I believe and then the latest entry got a re release recently in Japan with the anime voice actors from the tv show in Japan so it’s probably more.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
WAIT WHAT
Professor Layton is a better selling series than the Ace Attorney series!

Have a look at this:
View attachment 322530
If that surprises you. You should check the sales of every nintendo IP. You would be surprised how small some of them are. Animal crossing sales beat those of the likes of Kirby, metroid and fire emblem by 20 million units.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
If that surprises you. You should check the sales of every nintendo IP. You would be surprised how small some of them are. Animal crossing sales beat those of the likes of Kirby, metroid and fire emblem by 20 million units.
Considering Animal Crossing New Horizons has now sold almost 30 million, that makes sense.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Yeah it’s level 5’s best selling franchise which is why it’s annoying that they frew their mascot under the bus with many other franchises they own so that they could push a Pokémon rip off that’s starting to lose its popularity in Japan.
I AM aware that they are trying to milk Yokai Watch..
Does make sense that it's a shame.

On the topic of Level-5, new Ni No Kuni when?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I AM aware that they are trying to milk Yokai Watch..
Does make sense that it's a shame.

On the topic of Level-5, new Ni No Kuni when?
Wait a minute, bare with me a second: we were just talking about Persona. Persona's recent success is (at least partially) because Atlus was bought by Sega, saving them from bankruptcy. Level-5 has plenty of games that they want to make big, but are in financial problems...

See where I'm going with this?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, here's all the mathematically possible colors for Challenger Pack 11!

The difference between this and last time is... I decided to show everything rather than trying to simplify it myself. While this might look like the rainbow (which, it kinda does tbh), I think you could maybe look at some of those colors and boil it down.

Like, my first observation is the first three bottom colors that exist outside the statistical range kinda' look like duplicates of the last three bottom ones. Even though they technically have different values (which is why they are listed separately), they look so similar, you could just eliminate them and there'd be no difference imo.

But.... yeah. Decided to do this approach. Let me know what ya'll think about that.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

The difference between this and last time is... I decided to show everything rather than trying to simplify it myself. While this might look like the rainbow (which, it kinda does tbh), I think you could maybe look at some of those colors and boil it down.

Like, my first observation is the first three bottom colors that exist outside the statistical range kinda' look like duplicates of the last three bottom ones. Even though they technically have different values (which is why they are listed separately), they look so similar, you could just eliminate them and there'd be no difference imo.

But.... yeah. Decided to do this approach. Let me know what ya'll think about that.
That shade of green...
That shade of blue...
That shade of purple...
That shade of pink...

K. 5 characters have come to my mind at the time this was written and unedited:
Chief
Doomguy
Phoenix Wright
Spyro
And Ahri from LoL

I'm trying to think of left field characters that fit those colors as well.

Last edited:

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
That shade of green...
That shade of blue...
That shade of purple...
That shade of pink...

Chief
Doomguy
Phoenix Wright
Spyro
And Ahri from LoL

How hasn't anyone thought about the moustache man himself; Waluigi

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It’s never going to happen but if we get a Level 5 rep, I’d love for it to be from Rogue Galaxy (Zegram Ghart) or Dark Cloud (Monica). Zegram is my favorite video game character ever and I also loved both Dark Cloud games.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Then, when it was revealed to be a different character, people were even more toxic about it, going as far as to insult people who would even think of the possibility that Kasumi wouldn't make it in Smash
And wouldnt you know it, Kasumi never touched smash in any way.

And thank god because that Kasumi phase was really damn annoying

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That shade of green...
That shade of blue...
That shade of purple...
That shade of pink...

Chief
Doomguy
Phoenix Wright
Spyro
And Ahri from LoL

Octoling for the purple + out of statistical range colors?

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

Step aside Smash! A new platformer fighting game is in town!

And I kid you not one of the devs confirmed certain platforms will have rollback smh Nintendo fix your game please

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

And I kid you not one of the devs confirmed certain platforms will have rollback smh Nintendo fix your game please
Better have Avatar characters or we riot.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So looks like we got:
  • Mustard Yellow
  • Dark Yellow Green
  • Bright Mint
  • Purple
  • Magenta
  • Periwinkle
  • Light Blue
  • Slightly Muted Purple
  • Very Muted Purple
  • Blue Grey
It's an interesting color set, I'll give it that.

While this might look like the rainbow
That's a very depressed rainbow. lol

How hasn't anyone thought about the moustache man himself; Waluigi
He says to literally the first person to make guesses

blackghost

Smash Champion
The thing is that Gomorrah from Bayonetta is a spirit and is Bayo's final smash. Gomorrah is as scary as the Resident Evil monsters.
i would argue gommorah is more cool than scary especially when you put it next to the grotesque body horror and monsters of resident evil like lickers, RE 7 family, and more. Bayonetta isnt a horror game RE is the most well known horror game around. zombies are just the tip of the iceberg in RE.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I know the chance is nonexistant, but I'd love some CatScratch content. Anybody else remember that show?

Paraster

Smash Lord

Slap City 2 looks great

(seriously, it's developed by the slap city devs)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I love how Spongebob didn't get a reveal. He was just there at the end because his presence was a given. lol

And the blue fits..
oh yea..
Y'all ain't ready for what this guy sounds like after the recast.

That's the joke.
I knew it was a joke, but it wasn't obvious that that specifically was the joke.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Well, the top first 2 fit with Master Chief. Purple fits Waluigi, but can also fit Yuri Lowell. And Blue is a very common color for characters in general.

As for my case, Purple and the Pink color also fits with Alis Landale and Blue, especially the Light blue on the top, can easily fit the Avatar character from Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2 since Blue is a very common motif in PSO in general, with the ARKS logo in PSO2 commonly appearing in blue, the blue space that you dive in from your ship, the Emergency codes appear as blue, the main menu for PSO2 started in a blue space, heck even the PSO and PSO2 title logos have alot of blue.

Edit: Oh, and Saber from Fate/Stay Night would also work with Blue too.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Did anyone notice that none of the confirmed characters from Nickelodeon All Star Brawl were from the live action shows?

Guess no Henry Danger, y'all, sorry LMAOO

I'll take iCarly though
I don't think I've seen them in any of them in a game like this. My guess as to why would be that they'd have to pay for the actor's likenesses.

Theguy123

Smash Lord

What about brown, black and orange. Couldn’t the last characters background be one of those assuming we’re on about characters potential background colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom