• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Does Necron from Final Fantasy IX count as a god? It definitely seemed god-like at least. Same for Yu Yevon from X (although I think Yu Yevon was originally human if I remember correctly).

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The only issue here is MK Gods aren't exactly the most powerful Gods to ever be created in our wide history of mythos. MK 'Gods' power doesn't really seem all that impressive. Like...they feel like baby's first Gods. Pit Raiden against Thor. God against God. Thor gunna massacre Raiden.
Gods are Gods, doesn't matter how strong or weak they are:mybodyisreggie:
it just proves that "God Killer" isn't an impressive feat lol

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly, killing gods/god-tier enemies is a fairly common thing in video games. God-slaying for JRPG characters in particular is just another typical monday for them at this point.

Hell, even 10 year old children from the Pokemon games have been dealing with godlike Pokemon since the 3rd generation.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Can we count Ness and Lucas as god killers?
I can't speak for Lucas, but for Ness, I'd say we could probably count him.

While Giygas didn't necessailry become a god, per se, he did become the embodiment of evil itself or some ****, which is probably still just as powerful, if not maybe even moreso.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
There's a decent chance they'll continue adding new spirits until the end of 2021.
You think they'd keep adding spirits after the DLC ends or stop as soon as the last CP is released? I could see it either way, on one hand it shouldn't take that much effort to create new ones but on the other hand I guess there has to be a stopping point somewhere.

7NATOR

Smash Master
BTW, there's a glitch happening with Mythra after Kazuya got released. The slowdown effect isn't working on Diddy's Banana.
Now I don't know if this is going to be one of those "Sometimes a glitch is just a glitch" types of things because it does work on other projectiles, but for the sake of speculation, what potential new characters could come with some kind of slowdown effect to cause this glitch?

Aside from Shadow the Hedgehog because that's way too obvious of an answer.
I want to say that yeah I don't think this would count towards anything. Foresight was directly touched in this patch since it got nerfed in someway, So That makes it more likely that this was just some error on the Team's part

The reason Glitches in the past were so notable was because it affected characters that shouldn't have gotten changed

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
BTW, there's a glitch happening with Mythra after Kazuya got released. The slowdown effect isn't working on Diddy's Banana.
Now I don't know if this is going to be one of those "Sometimes a glitch is just a glitch" types of things because it does work on other projectiles, but for the sake of speculation, what potential new characters could come with some kind of slowdown effect to cause this glitch?

Aside from Shadow the Hedgehog because that's way too obvious of an answer.
Ah man I missed this

just to be clear this ONLY happens with Mythra right? As for which characters could come with that slowdown effect, no idea

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I was right. I predicted that the Switch Pro would follow the path of 3D All Stars. Leaked to hell and back, and the leaks would make people's expectations go to the moon. When it finally gets revealed and is pretty mediocre, people get mad.
Is it weird that I never expected the 3D Mario games to be released on the same card with touch ups and non-forced motion control (most of the time) for Galaxy, let alone for $60? Compared to last Nintendo products like this, I thought it was a good deal for what it was and am still baffled at the amount of hate it gets, yet Skyward Sword hasn’t received half of it?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is it weird that I never expected the 3D Mario games to be released on the same card with touch ups and non-forced motion control (most of the time) for Galaxy, let alone for $60? Compared to last Nintendo products like this, I thought it was a good deal for what it was and am still baffled at the amount of hate it gets, yet Skyward Sword hasn’t received half of it?
To be fair SSHD has a Mute Navi button now

that’s all I really care about tbh

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I kinda wish they added more new spirit events instead of the copious amounts of generic themed ones last year. Lot of potential, especially for smaller games that had no hope of getting a playable character
Yeah now that "deconfirmations" don't really matter let the team go all out in adding Spirit Board events or Mii costumes to expand the crossover aspect of SSBU as much as humanly possible. There's so many possibilities and it would make everyone happy now that they know fighter DLC is over. Throw a Goku Mii Brawler costume in there at this point dude who cares

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If we extend the list to god-like beings then:
  • Mario & Luigi have fought Dreamy Bowser, who has reality warping powers.
  • It's not clear what Tiki Tong is, but he seems to be worshiped like a god, and Donkey Kong bannana slammed the moon into him. Diddy Kong helped.
  • Link has fought Demise. Well...not this Link, but eh. Calamity Ganon is kind of at god level as well.
  • Fighting eldritch horrors is just Kirby's typical Tuesday. Meta Knight and King Dedede often assist nowadays.
  • A lot of Legendary Pokémon have god like powers, and the Pokémon Trainer can straight up own them.
  • Ness and his friends didn't necessarily beat Gigas persay, but they did face off against him and live to tell the tale after he self destructed. Granted, it did take the prayer of an extra dimensional being (and also everyone they had met on their travels) in order to make that happen.
  • Captain Falcon has faced off against gods before, though F-Zero's entire plot line is canonically fictional.
  • Peach and Bowser (along with Mario) have defeated Super Dimentio, who had the power to wipe out existence.
  • Basically every Fire Emblem protagonist has fought a god like being capable of destroying everything.
  • Pit's entire plot line revolves around evil gods.
  • I'm pretty sure Wario has faced against god like beings to steal their treasure on multiple occasions.
  • Sonic has faced several gods and won because fast.
  • Mega Man has faced off against extraterrestrial robots. Their god status is heavily debatable, but the strongest ones had corruptive energy sources or could accelerate the growth of plants to the point where they die before they spread their seeds. He also beat up Mega Man's Shadow who had attacked the world in its previous state for the sole purpose of finding someone that was powerful enough to stop him from destroying the planet.
  • The Miis have fought the Darkest Lord, who I assume is on god status since the Dark Lord was already immensely powerful, and a Darker Lord exists as well.
  • Shulk has fought [SPOILERS].
  • Ryu has fought several gods before, and if Gill counts as a god, then Ken has fought one as well.
  • Bayonetta has fought several gods.
  • Joker fights a god at the end of Persona 5.
  • Hero probably does too.
  • Rex & Pyra/Mythra has squared off against Malos, who is basically a god.
  • I'm sure Kazuya fights a god too at some point.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
If we extend the list to god-like beings then:
  • Mario & Luigi have fought Dreamy Bowser, who has reality warping powers.
  • It's not clear what Tiki Tong is, but he seems to be worshiped like a god, and Donkey Kong bannana slammed the moon into him. Diddy Kong helped.
  • Link has fought Demise. Well...not this Link, but eh. Calamity Ganon is kind of at god level as well.
  • Fighting eldritch horrors is just Kirby's typical Tuesday. Meta Knight and King Dedede often assist nowadays.
  • A lot of Legendary Pokémon have god like powers, and the Pokémon Trainer can straight up own them.
  • Ness and his friends didn't necessarily beat Gigas persay, but they did face off against him and live to tell the tale after he self destructed. Granted, it did take the prayer of an extra dimensional being (and also everyone they had met on their travels) in order to make that happen.
  • Captain Falcon has faced off against gods before, though F-Zero's entire plot line is canonically fictional.
  • Peach and Bowser (along with Mario) have defeated Super Dimentio, who had the power to wipe out existence.
  • Basically every Fire Emblem protagonist has fought a god like being capable of destroying everything.
  • Pit's entire plot line revolves around evil gods.
  • I'm pretty sure Wario has faced against god like beings to steal their treasure on multiple occasions.
  • Sonic has faced several gods and won because fast.
  • Mega Man has faced off against extraterrestrial robots. Their god status is heavily debatable, but the strongest ones had corruptive energy sources or could accelerate the growth of plants to the point where they die before they spread their seeds. He also beat up Mega Man's Shadow who had attacked the world in its previous state for the sole purpose of finding someone that was powerful enough to stop him from destroying the planet.
  • The Miis have fought the Darkest Lord, who I assume is on god status since the Dark Lord was already immensely powerful, and a Darker Lord exists as well.
  • Shulk has fought [SPOILERS].
  • Ryu has fought several gods before, and if Gill counts as a god, then Ken has fought one as well.
  • Bayonetta has fought several gods.
  • Joker fights a god at the end of Persona 5.
  • Hero probably does too.
  • Rex & Pyra/Mythra has squared off against Malos, who is basically a god.
  • I'm sure Kazuya fights a god too at some point.
You can tell someone's a Xenoblade Chronicles fan if they only mark spoilers for Xenoblade Chronicles lol

Technomage

Smash Champion
I kinda wish they added more new spirit events instead of the copious amounts of generic themed ones last year. Lot of potential, especially for smaller games that had no hope of getting a playable character
Yeah, it shouldn't be hard to come up with battles and add PNG's. Are those generic events even usefull for anything.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Because The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword wasn't sold with a big anti-consumer tactic.

You can tell someone's a Xenoblade Chronicles fan if they only mark spoilers for Xenoblade Chronicles lol
That's the only one I considered to be a spoiler since most of the points were vague or well known (EDIT: Or not that big of a twist), but I think I will go back and spoiler a few.

Last edited:

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
I agree. I never understood the complaints about the price for 3D All Stars considering it would be roughly the same if sold separately going off previous virtual console prices.
Mario 64 - $10
Sunshine - $20
Galaxy $20 or 30 since it has improvements
Now the limited digital edition complaints I completely understand.
Overall, Skyward Sword seems like a much worse deal yet like you said, many aren't giving it the same criticism as 3D All Stars for some reason even though it is only a single touched up wii game for the same price.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Skyward Sword's not limited time.

Also it's not a collection that omits an obvious addition like Galaxy 2.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I agree. I never understood the complaints about the price for 3D All Stars considering it would be roughly the same if sold separately going off previous virtual console prices.
Mario 64 - $10
Sunshine - $20
Galaxy $20 or 30 since it has improvements
Now the limited digital edition complaints I completely understand.
Overall, Skyward Sword seems like a much worse deal yet like you said, many aren't giving it the same criticism as 3D All Stars for some reason even though it is only a single touched up wii game for the same price.
It's probably because The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword's port isn't really out of the ordinary.

The big hate for Super Mario 3D All Stars is probably a case of "I'm angry about thing, so I'm gonna find more reasons to hate it". Example: While I'm not entirely sure that Gamefreak lied about the "high quality animations" they were making, people expected them to show up in more than just Pokémon Camp, so they nitpicked the animation quality to death (among other things).

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I think you're underselling SMT's influence and overall significance. It featured monster catching as its main mechanic a decade before Pokemon, was a pioneer of morality mechanics in games, and was a very early example of an RPG in a modern day/sci-fi setting. Saying that it would only get chosen to promote a new game makes me think you aren't that well informed about it.
I'm actually extremely fond of the franchise myself, I'll have you know. None of these elements are outstanding, though, since SMT itself isn't a hugely notable franchise. Just because a game did something before another, more influential game doesn't mean it inherits influence, either. Pokemon's mechanics were based on children's bug fights in Japan, not Shin Megami Tensei.

Face it, SMT is an extremely niche franchise that has yet to make its proper splash. I really don't see Nintendo going for it to the point they set aside a spot for it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In the next Super Smash Bros. game there is a possibility to see maybe Samus with the suit she has in Metroid Dread.
An EMMI Assist Trophy would be amazing

hide from it at all costs or run from it until its allotted time runs out; cannot be KO’d and once it grabs you it’s an instant KO

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm actually extremely fond of the franchise myself, I'll have you know. None of these elements are outstanding, though, since SMT itself isn't a hugely notable franchise. Just because a game did something before another, more influential game doesn't mean it inherits influence, either. Pokemon's mechanics were based on children's bug fights in Japan, not Shin Megami Tensei.

Face it, SMT is an extremely niche franchise that has yet to make its proper splash. I really don't see Nintendo going for it to the point they set aside a spot for it.
Yeah, I'm not expecting FP11 to be for the Demifiend or the SMT5 protagonist. If Nintendo is going to end on a 3rd party character, it's going to be for a character of at least some note like Phoenix Wright for example.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Hopefully Samus gets proper alternate costumes in the next game onwards:
  1. Varia Suit
  2. Metroid Dread's Suit
  3. Light Suit
  4. Fusion Suit
  5. Dark Suit
  6. Phazon Suit
  7. Hazard Suit
  8. PED Suit
Probably not in that order, but eh.

In Super Smash Bros. 6 we can see a Pokémon from the 8th or 9th generation as a newcomer.
We won't see one from the 8th Generation. With the rate of Pokémon games compared to the rate of Super Smash Bros. games, it's likely that the Pokémon newcomer in the next game will come from at least Generation 10.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom