• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Wooo! What a ride!

Tekken isn't the Namco fighting game I wanted most(SoulCalibur), and Kazuya isn't the Tekken character I wanted most(Heihachi), but in hindsight, it makes sense. As the Devil transformation just gives Sakurai a lot more to work with. And I still get to cross Tekken off my wishlist, so that's good.

Pretty much guaranteed to be getting that Lloyd Mii alongside Kaz. So that's pretty much it for Tales. Hoping we can get a nice Nightmare and/or Mitsurugi Mii Swordfighter as well.

Sadly, no double reveal. But at least the stage is finally set, for the GRAND HAYABUSA FINALE!

Hopefully it's not TOO far off, since they stretched out the wait for Kaz. Maybe at EVO?

Also, if Nintendo can make that Zelda G&W, why haven't they made a Gameboy Classic Edition yet?!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Also, not sure if this was posted here, but its been confirmed Wayforward is working/making the Advanced Wars remake. That is pretty damn huge. Only a few Western companys get to work on nintendo properties, like Retro and the ones making the new metroid. That Wayforward has the honor to do so as well is very impressive, and shows Nintendo really acknowledges them.

If that ever leads to a smash character, that remainds to be seen.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m just saying

that shade of pink is Pearl Off The Hook’s color

Off the Hook also has a figma

and Marina IS an Octoling

soooooo Off the Hook CP11 you heard it here first
Or it could even be Dixie Kong.

That and Dixie Kong fits into Second Chance Theory being she was gonna be in Brawl as a duo character with Diddy.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Wooo! What a ride!

Tekken isn't the Namco fighting game I wanted most(SoulCalibur), and Kazuya isn't the Tekken character I wanted most(Heihachi), but in hindsight, it makes sense. As the Devil transformation just gives Sakurai a lot more to work with. And I still get to cross Tekken off my wishlist, so that's good.

Pretty much guaranteed to be getting that Lloyd Mii alongside Kaz. So that's pretty much it for Tales. Hoping we can get a nice Nightmare and/or Mitsurugi Mii Swordfighter as well.

Sadly, no double reveal. But at least the stage is finally set, for the GRAND HAYABUSA FINALE!

Hopefully it's not TOO far off, since they stretched out the wait for Kaz. Maybe at EVO?
I don't see a reveal at EVO happening unless CP11 is also from a traditional fighting game, and Smash Ultimate might not even be there.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Do you guys think we'll get a final Smash Ultimate presentation when CP11 is announced as opposed to a Sakurai Presents? I'd imagine something like Sakurai discussing the conclusion of development, as well as any other final additions being added to the game.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Overall I really liked the Direct. Excited for BotW2, Monkey Ball remaster, Metroid: Dread, Advance Wars getting love again. Even the new Mario Party stuff has me excited since my wife will actually play that with me.

Not a Tekken fan so the Smash reveal didn’t do much for me, but I’m sure he’ll be fun to play and happy for those fans. This E3 was pretty lackluster so this Direct probably seemed a lot better than maybe it was, but I’m really happy about what I saw.

Just wish we got some word on that new DK game.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
I expect the last character to be a Sonic rep, either Tails or Shadow

each of the DLC characters in FP2 were scrapped from the game or simply missed out at some point:

-ARMS and XC2 couldn't get into base game due to being recent

-Steve was negotiated for 5 years

-Sephiroth fixed FF7's representation

-Sakurai explained he couldn't make Heihachi work at first, which implies he planned to add a Tekken rep at some point, Not to mention it felt incredibly weird to have KoF but not Tekken. Also the fact Namco had 1 rep this whole time which just made it even weirder.

A 2nd Sonic rep feels like a huge glaring omission all things considered, and now that miis don't matter at all Rayman has become a huge candidate once again.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Frisk and Papyrus were already tied for my #3, but knowing that previous DLC Mii costumes definitively don't deconfirm others from that franchise has caused me to fixate on them (mostly Frisk at the moment).

What do you think the general reaction would be if Frisk, Papyrus, or any other Undertale character was the finale? (If you want, feel free to share which of 'em you think would be the best call.)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So yeah hahaha KAZUYA wasn't who I was expecting AT ALL but now I get to quote Tekken The Motion Picture ad nauseum as I play against people hahaha

Cliff.png

Why YES... people do get upset when their parental figures throw them off cliffs hahaha. FOR THAT LINE AND THAT ALONE, I FREAKING LOVE KAZUYA HAHAHA people will absolutely love me saying that repeatedly hahaha

BUT HEY, we got a new villain in Smash! I guess Sephiroth isn't the ONLY new DLC villain in town. Sephiroth stabs people, Kazuya chucks them off cliffs.

I had a good time with the Direct, what a show. Now... if only Wario would pay his employees but like yeah Metroid Dread outta NOWHERE back from the grave, new WarioWare... MAN Nintendo STOLE today! What a DAY!

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm very appreciative of the fact that Advance Wars is finally being brought back into the spotlight! Same with those other titles. There is content to look forward to, just wish there was a bit more for me but hey, I'm glad people are very happy today! Definitely excited for Kayuza as well.
My dream direct would have had a new F-zero, Golden sun remakes, and a HD remaster of Shin Onigashima like Famicom detective club got...

Wooo! What a ride!

I would have prefered a Soul Calibur rep too, but Tekken is just as big, and makes sense. Plus Sakurai did look at tekken as a rep when deciding on one for Smash 4, so it makes sense he went there first.

Is Evo still happening? I though it got burned down after that whole misconduct thing... maybe I missed it coming back

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Do you guys think we'll get a final Smash Ultimate presentation when CP11 is announced as opposed to a Sakurai Presents? I'd imagine something like Sakurai discussing the conclusion of development, as well as any other final additions being added to the game.
I think that there will be a big finale event for CP11, and possibly a repeat of the Everyone is Here showcase, only this time featuring all the newcomers of Ultimate. And immediately after it's over there will be a tournament where only Ultimate newcomers will be allowed, which will be the final tournament of the game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

each of the DLC characters in FP2 were scrapped from the game or simply missed out at some point:

-Sakurai explained he couldn't make Heihachi work at first, which implies he planned to add a Tekken rep at some point, Not to mention it felt incredibly weird to have KoF but not Tekken. Also the fact Namco had 1 rep this whole time which just made it even weirder.

A 2nd Sonic rep feels like a huge glaring omission all things considered, and now that miis don't matter at all Rayman has become a huge candidate once again.
Watch it be Amy fitting the pink color theory.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Also, not sure if this was posted here, but its been confirmed Wayforward is working/making the Advanced Wars remake. That is pretty damn huge. Only a few Western companys get to work on nintendo properties, like Retro and the ones making the new metroid. That Wayforward has the honor to do so as well is very impressive, and shows Nintendo really acknowledges them.

If that ever leads to a smash character, that remainds to be seen.
I mean, I'm pretty sure Wayforward are big fans of Nintendo (or at least, that one member begging people to vote for Shantae on the Ballot), so I bet this is a dream come true for them. Though it could also be another one of Nintendo's tests to see if this kind of thing is a valid strategy...

In any case, buy Advance Wars if you want this sort of thing.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Yeah a Sonic rep would fit the second chance theory too. Others are Shantae, CHorus Kids, Ayume, and some others I am sure I am blanking.

Other third parties we haven't hard of as missing could happen too. Like in Minecrafts case which took 5 years of negotiations. Reimu, Crash, and Hyabusa could fit those as well

zferolie

Smash Hero
Amy rose I would love, but Blaze I would prefer the most (God Rouge as well but she may be too sexy for smash... stop judgeing me)

Though if any Sonic character is happening, it HAS to be Eggman. he is just as iconic a villan as Bowser and Sephiroth.

I mean, I'm pretty sure Wayforward are big fans of Nintendo (or at least, that one member begging people to vote for Shantae on the Ballot), so I bet this is a dream come true for them. Though it could also be another one of Nintendo's tests to see if this kind of thing is a valid strategy...

In any case, buy Advance Wars if you want this sort of thing.
Oh I plan to buy it for sure. I was before i heard wayforward was working on it. I just wanted to say that people saying Wayforward wasn't on nintendos radar for smash characters I feel is wrong now. Nintendo has clearly noticed them and acknowledges them. So Shantae has a solid shot again.

not saying its a sure thing, but it helps

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
So if Mii Costumes only disconfirm the specific character and not their series, what about Ezio? It is kinda strange that they chose Altair for the Mii Costume and not the most popular Assassin's Creed protagonist.

7NATOR

Smash Master

You know I said that I thought today was do or die for at least Shadow (Other Sonic characters could go either way I guess), and I was gonna give up even if there was Single reveal.

I change my mind though. As long as there's still one slot left, I'm not gonna give up on Shadow dream, and honestly I think today was perhaps for the better...maybe, I'm not sure

I would say Tails gets benefitted from today, but unlike with Tekken, Tails was one of the actual characters mii costumed. Of course it happened so early in FP1, it was always some sort of grey area, So I think he's open to suggestion

I know Rayman got a big boost today

Frisk and Papyrus were already tied for my #3, but knowing that previous DLC Mii costumes definitively don't deconfirm others from that franchise has caused me to fixate on them (mostly Frisk at the moment).

What do you think the general reaction would be if Frisk, Papyrus, or any other Undertale character was the finale? (If you want, feel free to share which of 'em you think would be the best call.)
One thing I will say is that the lack of Undertale Spirit event is looking real suspicious, now that we know that Mii Costumes aren't as strong of an indicator of a game/franchise not getting any character

I think an Undertale character would be a little controversial, but otherwise fine, and perhaps Hype. I think Frisk would be the best option since they could represent the game the best in their hypothetical moveset

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I remember when I proposed that Mii Costumes Deconfirm theory based on patterns from Fighter Pass 1.

And man, am I happy to be proven wrong about that!

E.M.M.I. for Smash btw. Actual unironic support, just imagine how that thing would move and fight in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Funny you mention that, as the Kazuya artwork from today looks like it was drawn by Kazunori Haruyama. Which makes me hope for a Nintendo RPG crossover drawn by him too...
Namco X Nintendo RPG? I'm game. Considering they had Fire Emblem and Xenoblade characters in Project X Zone, that would be awesome! (Heck, I imagined a possible third game with Kirby and a few of the SNES Pilotwings flight instructors as guest stars.)

zferolie

Smash Hero
Namco X Nintendo RPG? I'm game. Considering they had Fire Emblem and Xenoblade characters in Project X Zone, that would be awesome! (Heck, I imagined a possible third game with Kirby and a few of the SNES Pilotwings flight instructors as guest stars.)
Didn't they say the artist was the soul Caliber artist? and thats the one who did Project x Cross zone too?

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's more an army-green, which is why a lot of people were saying MC would fit that slot.
Wanna know who can also fit the army green-ish like color?

Let the hauntings begin. :4pacman:
Between Advance Wars and Famicom Detective Club getting new remakes, it's great to see once abandoned Nintendo franchises given new life!

Golden Sun next please.
Custom Robo please, especially since it's characters also use an anime-style like Advance Wars.

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I've completely given up on trying to predict the last character. Sakurai's surprised us so many times at this point that I'd have better luck picking a character's name out of a hat than trying to analyse patterns and hints. I feel sorry for whoever it is though because a lot of people will be disappointed after the final reveal no matter who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom