• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
If E3 starts with this smash newcomer trailer wyd?
It’s probably gonna destroy all the leaks and speculation
For an alternative trailer concept, Donkey Kong is set up to be Little Mac's next opponent on the Boxing Ring, but offscreen Mr. Sandman slugs Donkey Kong so hard he's launched from one walkway to the other, Little Mac barely dodging the projectile gorilla, right before Mr. Sandman finally shows up.

Technomage

Smash Champion
View attachment 317755
I heard you guys wanted Lloyd in Smash. Well he's here as a spirit.
LOL Not good enough; we need more Lloyds (and Lloids). :4pacman:

So question

If my Prediction came true, how would Smash speculation take it?
I know that, assuming you're talking about Shadow (again), a lot of people would be delighted, since not only would Shadow fans be delighted, and not only would we get a second Sonic rep, but it'd also debunk that "no AT promotions within the same game" fan rule.

If we were to get an SONY (unlikey as hell) character, who'd you want?
If Crash Bandicoot counts, then him. If not, then Sly Cooper, though I would be kinda interested in Ratchet and Clank.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Sleeping Mario.gif

I'd sleep... because he's Mr. Sandman.

Though I'd want him to bring me a dream about a more interesting fighter.

If we were to get an SONY (unlikey as hell) character, who'd you want?
I can't choose between Tomba, Parappa the Rapper or Daniel Fortesque.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
This is 50/50 joke/serious

If Dante ends up being next, to what degree are we going to consider that Twitter "leak" (unless dudes legit) that said that CP11 is Arthur Morgan from RDR2?

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
This is 50/50 joke/serious

If Dante ends up being next, to what degree are we going to consider that Twitter "leak" (unless dudes legit) that said that CP11 is Arthur Morgan from RDR2?
I honestly don't see either Dante or Arthur Morgan happening, but so many people are predicting Dante that I wouldn't really say any leak containing him was right unless it contained concrete details that would be difficult to fake (Mii costumes, some unique attribute that couldn't be guessed, etc.).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
All would be forgiven after it felt like Punch-Out was completely abandoned and forgotten in Ultimate. I would lose my mind, even though I’d prefer King Hippo. Can’t go wrong with Sandman either, though.

Imagine this cutscene but he’s just blowing through all the Smash villains instead? That would be a great way to both pay homage to this and tie it into the whole K. Rool trailer format.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hey guys and gals, I've been thinking: How great would it be if the next Smash game were to be released on PC? It'd be great for adding more content (both base and DLC, though it could keep DLC going longer, maybe even as long as World of Warcraft), since Ninty wouldn't have to worry so much about hardware limitations since PCs (both the stronger desktops and the weaker laptops) keep on evolving. It'd be even greater if they also released a Gamecube adapter and some GC controllers (and hopefully the adapter would be all cable-connected, just with the option of adding wireless controllers), as well as if downloading the game also came with data for making the controllers usable (for those who don't wanna put in the time or effort of setting up controller compatibility themselves).

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So question

If my Prediction came true, how would Smash speculation take it?
Shadow the Hedgehog and Waluigi as 10 and 11? PERSONALLY, I think that is singlehandedly the happiest way Ultimate could end. The knife fight to end all knife fights!

Waluigi Stab.png

But also these would also be two "less exciting" characters (vs things like the usual Sora, Crash, Chief et al that people usually talk about) that are still really exciting for me. Especially Shadow.

What I WANNA KNOW is... what if the last two fighters are Amy and a Galarian Pokemon Trainer (Rillaboom, Cinderace, and Inteleon each with a different Gigantamax Final Smash) Or a Legends Trainer (Typhlosion, Samurott and Decidueye) ? What reaction would you have? IF I'M RIGHT, YOU ALL OWE ME BURGER KING! AND MONEY TOO HEHEHEHEHE LOTSA MONEY! MONEY AND BURGER KING FOR MEEEEEEEE!

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm not expecting another Punch-Out character.

That aside, this kind of Intro trailer for the last newcomer would be pretty cool. Like showing all the Fighter Pass characters starting with Joker, than ending it with the reveal of the last newcomer. I think that'd be cool.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
For real tho. YR if, against all odds, these are indeed the last two?

Hypothetical Last Two.png

I wouldn't be TOO upset, but I'm also a complete fanboy for these franchises so I'd be easy to please in this case.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 317783

I wouldn't be TOO upset, but I'm also a complete fanboy for these franchises so I'd be easy to please in this case.
Amy would be my LEAST wanted sonic character, but it’s balanced out by all three final form starters from Gen 8 (which is a little unfair to Kanto Trainer) so as long as they were revealed together I’d be ok with it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

View attachment 317783

Would be slightly less disappointed if Galar Trainer was Scorbunny/Thwackey/Inteleon. Slightly.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Amy would be my LEAST wanted sonic character, but it’s balanced out by all three final form starters from Gen 8 (which is a little unfair to Kanto Trainer) so as long as they were revealed together I’d be ok with it.
Personally, I was thinking that having the three final forms of the Gen 8 starters would not only differentiate it enough from Kanto Trainer, but also facilitate a Gigantamax Final Smash mechanic

SNEKeater

Smash Master
What would a standalone Dante trailer be like?

I DID have this one fun idea of having him and Terry ride side by side in their motorcycles into the distance at the end of this hypothetical trailer lmao
Not the first time I've said this but I'd expect Dante's trailer to involve Bayonetta in some way. I'd like that, and I think Sakurai would go with that as well. I'd imagine that the trailer could take place at the Devil May Cry shop business that Dante runs. I could imagine Bayonetta visiting the place and giving Dante the Smash letter, and then start fighting each other and the classic cut to gameplay where Dante would be kicking the ass of the entire roster. Then more CGI to close the trailer, maybe with both Dante and Bayonetta now teaming up and fighting some regular enemies from DMC? Or maybe just fighting the possessed versions of the Smash characters in World of Light.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Hey guys and gals, I've been thinking: How great would it be if the next Smash game were to be released on PC? It'd be great for adding more content (both base and DLC, though it could keep DLC going longer, maybe even as long as World of Warcraft), since Ninty wouldn't have to worry so much about hardware limitations since PCs (both the stronger desktops and the weaker laptops) keep on evolving. It'd be even greater if they also released a Gamecube adapter and some GC controllers (and hopefully the adapter would be all cable-connected, just with the option of adding wireless controllers), as well as if downloading the game also came with data for making the controllers usable (for those who don't wanna put in the time or effort of setting up controller compatibility themselves).
I will respond.

It won't happen because it is a driver to sale Nintendo console. It also wouldn't do as well IMO. The games that do well on consoles don't do as hot on PCs because a different type of gamer players PC. FPS can do cross pollination and succeed and sometimes RPGs but other games tend to do so much better on handhelds. There are also PC genres that haven't translated well to consoles (basically anything strategy oriented: 4x, real-time, grand strategy, etc.).

PC typically appeals to adult crowds and they would see Smash as more designed for children.

Nintendo would get more sells by pushing Smash on PS5 or Xbox than they would pushing it to PC. However, that would, once again, cut into their own console sales.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
My idea of a standalone Dante trailer would be a sequel for the Sephiroth trailer, featuring Galeem & Dharkon both getting destroyed in one strike, before zooming in to Dante on his motorcycle with his ****-eating grin while this plays while beating the cast with his motorcycle weapon before using Rebellion.
Then it goes to gameplay footage and goes back to CGI cutscene constantly.

Last edited:

PK Duststorm

Smash Apprentice
I'd be very much against the idea as a whole. Being on pc does nothing but change and alienate the playerbase. Nothing you mentioned is an upside. Please no.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
My idea of a standalone Dante trailer would be a sequel for the Sephiroth trailer, featuring Galeem & Dharkon both getting destroyed in one strike, before zooming in to Dante on his motorcycle with his ****-eating grin while this plays.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention before that Dante's trailer would be for sure use Devils Never Cry as the reveal song. I don't know if the OG version or a Smash remix (which would be pretty much guaranteed) though, maybe some parts of the lyrics could suppose a problem?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
My idea of a standalone Dante trailer would be a sequel for the Sephiroth trailer, featuring Galeem & Dharkon both getting destroyed in one strike, before zooming in to Dante on his motorcycle with his ****-eating grin while this plays.
Nice idea, if it were to happen! Here's my deep take on it, though:
I don't this can canonically work, unless canon-related issues are actually being ignored by the trailer development team.

Sephiroth's trailer seems to be taking place after you rescue all the fighters in WoL. You can tell because Dark Realm characters like Richter and Sonic are in it, while Bayonetta is one of the last characters you can rescue. I think the trailer takes place as half of the roster goes after Galeem (and her eventually getting sliced in two by Sephiroth), which could possibly mean the other's after Dharkon.

So in light of Dante, maybe a good Dante trailer being canon could be him slicing Dharkon in two or something after saving another half of the Smash roster, i.e. Luigi, Simon, Pac-man, Steve, etc.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
May I ask what makes some people believe this Dante+Demi-Fiend double reveal? Just curious is all.

I'm all down for Dante as he'd be a very fun character with moveset potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom