• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So with two weeks left. What's everyone's current predictions on the last two?

Still the same for me.

CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christin, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Gran/Djeeta, Euden, Nightmare, Yuri Lowell, etc.)
CP11: Master Chief

Still banking on a double reveal.
Still Isaac and Eevee and don't you dare say "but they're ats and poke balls" because you're betting on the finale being a big third party which has 0% chance of happening have you learned nothing from grinch and dante

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

Still the same for me.

CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christin, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Gran/Djeeta, Euden, Nightmare, Yuri Lowell, etc.)

Crash and Reimu, No double reveal. Crash is the E3 announcement, Reimu is a one-off announcement in autumn.
Source: Dude trust me.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion

Still the same for me.

At least one of them would likely be 3rd-party; other than that, I'm not completely sure, though Master Chief and Crash are pretty likely candidates. It's kinda likely we get both of those chars.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I see you voting for Chief twice. Too bad I can't like a post twice.

This would be way too hype for me to handle. My god I know anyone who's ever played Halo would know what Arbiter's star-KO noise would be.

Also, on the topic of Star-KOs...

What differences would you have between them? Would you lock Human/Covenant weapons to movesets respectively? Frag/Sticky Grenade seems like an obvious choice to me, maybe Grav Hammer/Sword too, but at the same time I don't want Chief to get only normal bullet shooting guns, while his echo gets the sweet plasma fire, or even the Needler.

1. Master Chief
2. Rayman
3. Crash
4. Spyro
5. Waluigi
6. Eggman (hard pick between him and Shadow, but Eggman wins due to moveset potential)
7. Amaterasu
8. Shovel Knight/Zagreus (since Imma be real with only getting one indie rep, if ever)
9. (and my fourth party choice) Goku, unironically.

For a Nintendo fan, my list is surprisingly NOT Nintendo-y at all.
Oh god, I need Arbiter in now with that KO sound.

There’s ways to give him a completely different moveset than Chief, but I think an echo would work fine too. Maybe he could have a bit more health than Chief since Elites are generally stronger than Spartans.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
" As for Smash, the 12.0 update is scheduled after e3, with an early July release at max. Sakurai has already recorded the penultimate Sakurai Presents whose content will be announced during E3 (the script for the translators has not yet arrived, so I do not know who it will be) "
That sounds like the safest stuff you could write about this. Except the person implies a single reveal during E3, which is a take as hot as a burger. Meaning not exactly hot but warm enough to surprise your fingers when you hold it.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
That sounds like the safest stuff you could write about this. Except the person implies a single reveal during E3, which is a take as hot as a burger. Meaning not exactly hot but warm enough to surprise your fingers when you hold it.
Yeah I know it's not much. We've basically already surmised for ourselves that Fighter 10 will probably release in June if not early July. It's just nice to hear it from someone else.

Technomage

Smash Champion
So here comes that alleycat Samus Hunter with some kind of Smash thing. In her words:

" As for Smash, the 12.0 update is scheduled after e3, with an early July release at max. Sakurai has already recorded the penultimate Sakurai Presents whose content will be announced during E3 (the script for the translators has not yet arrived, so I do not know who it will be) "

I know that's not... THE MOST amazing thing to ever hear and that it isn't something we haven't already been guessing ourselves, but there ya go. Something to chew on and scream at each other over.
Well, at least that increases the chances of a fighter reveal at E3. :D

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Well, at least that increases the chances of a fighter reveal at E3. :D
I'd be shocked if THAT didn't happen. If Nintendo revealed ALL THE THINGS, even a cherry pie (which is difficult to find, and if you have found it, well GO FIND IT AGAIN!) and none of them were a Smash fighter... then... yeah. I'd be shocked, maybe even worried.

Stratos

Smash Ace
Adventure Mode is the fastest way to unlock characters. I hope the in next game of the series has Adventure Mode and more characters.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Woah hey, slow down with the unrealistic expectations!
Are you sure about that? I could have said double reveal, but decided that a single reveal would be more realistic (especially as an "at worst" thing), and decided to lower my expectations from double to single.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My three timeline final predictions:

If the bonus on the site is another Individual DLC and it’s an Echo: Octoling & KOS-MOS (+ T-elos as an echo of KOS-MOS)
If the bonus on the site is another Individual DLC but is a first party non-Echo: CP10 is any of Reimu or Crash; CP11 is Neku, Chief or LoL; and the bonus is either Ayumi or Octoling or Elma let me dream
If there is no bonus, or the bonus space is NOT a character: Octoling and LoL

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Are you sure about that? I could have said double reveal, but decided that a single reveal would be more realistic (especially as an "at worst" thing), and decided to lower my expectations from double to single.
Everyone already knows we are getting one fighter at E3, some also stating two. I just found it funny the way you worded your post made it sound like a fighter revealed at E3 really needed to be confirmed lol

Technomage

Smash Champion
Everyone already knows we are getting one fighter at E3, some also stating two. I just found it funny the way you worded your post made it sound like a fighter revealed at E3 really needed to be confirmed lol
True. Though E3 doesn't NEED to reveal a fighter, it's very likely to do so, and it'd be pretty criminal if it didn't.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ya know
That 5chan dude that mentioned the names Erdrick, Steve, Hayabusa, and Doomguy...

What if he's been right this whole time and Hayabusa & Doomguy are our final 2?
I say Doomguy, NOT Chief.

Hayabusa and Chief would be cool though

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ya know
That 5chan dude that mentioned the names Erdrick, Steve, Hayabusa, and Doomguy...

What if he's been right this whole thime and Hayabusa & Doomguy are our final 2?

There’s just one problem, it said Steve was EXPLICITLY CP3 in pass 1 and that wasn’t the case, so that can be disregarded

Technomage

Smash Champion
Ya know

What if he's been right this whole thime and Hayabusa & Doomguy are our final 2?

I'd be fine with that, though if Ryu Hayabusa were to be one of the characters, then I'd prefer if his animations and fighting style are based on his NES appearances (similar to Mega Man and Simon); the opportunity would just be too great to pass up.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'd be fine with that, though if Ryu Hayabusa were to be one of the characters, then I'd prefer if his animations and fighting style are based on his NES appearances (similar to Mega Man and Simon).
Honestly,
Sakurai IS biased for NES-era stuff. Wouldn't be surprised if blue Hayabusa is his default outfit.
he looks SICK in black tho imo

Technomage

Smash Champion
Honestly,
Sakurai IS biased for NES-era stuff. Wouldn't be surprised if blue Hayabusa is his default outfit.
he looks SICK in black tho imo
While we're on the topic of alt. costumes for Ryu H., should any of his alts feature him without his mask or hood?

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Still the same for me.

Big main attraction and more low-key character. No particular order or spaces between them; Heck, they could both be mid-tier and we're left figuring out who's the big buddy and who's the little buddy. Gut tells me it's not Crash or Master Chief and we're focusing on them too much, but then again I could just be paranoid.

It's pretty hard to try and go for specifics with so many options. Kinda leaning towards LoL (Probably Ahri, I think?), and I'm gonna keep pushing Lloyd until the end. Still holding out for Adol or Reimu - Doubt I'll get both in the same pass - But heavily investing in anyone is a major risk right now.

venomthebest

Smash Apprentice
So here comes that alleycat Samus Hunter with some kind of Smash thing. In her words:

I know this sounds dumb but how reliable is Samus hunter?

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Not that this was super likely anyway, but I think it's a safe bet to say we aren't getting both Crash and Master Chief.

Natethehate seems to be pretty credible (as far as I can tell) and while the doubt he cast on both of those characters was just speculation, he did say he knew of a character that wasn't either of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom