• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Oddly enough I think he actually uses a sword as one of his core weapons, but this might be the most promoted design. Another is Sakurai might've hit a limit on costume differences(5 is awkward), though it also depends if he could find 3 more. Since the Staff is an important part of this Hero too, he might've found easier options.

There could be other reasons, like who SE wanted to promote at the time(even if it's just for more ports). I mean, this isn't the only reason Luminary is one of the characters. He's also the latest Hero and very easy to use overall. Him and Erdrick were the most obvious alts to have, due to being big options at the time. SE suggested other ones too. VIII is very popular in the West, and I think it was... IV that got the last alt? That also had an impact on the games, though I keep forgetting what it was. The monster-recruiting, maybe?
Not sure if monster recruiting started with IV, but I do know monster recruiting or allies were in V. That said, I think DQV's Hero was originally considered first, but after thinking and discussion, they chose IV's Hero because it was the first game and 2nd most popular game of the Zenithia trilogy and also pretty popular in it's own right, including having the most popular Dragon Quest villain Psaro.
Monster recruitment started in 5. 4 was the first game with party talk, and thus party members with actual personality. Though it's also considered the most "standard" DQ in that basically everything that's in it you can expect to see in all the others.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
20. Always respect Nintendo's wishes when they do not want to use the English VAs for Cloud and Sephiroth.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
21. F-Zero will get a ton of remixes from the SNES game but will not add any more X or GX tracks than it already has. ESPECIALLY not the vocal pilot themes from GX

STOP POSTING SO FAST ASDF

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
23. Chrom is the exception when it comes to Final Smash characters becoming playable. No Tom Nook, no Kumatora, no Bass, no Proto Man, no Dunban, no Paula, and ESPECIALLY no Fiora

I’m making myself sad now :c

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking of AT's, there's a ton that would be awesome to be playable this time around. Albeit, I don't use the term "promote" cause it makes it sound like the old role is gone. That won't happen at all(nor be replaced by anyone else) cause it's a massive waste of development time. For example, Springtron is a pointless AT addition. Why bother doing all that for no real benefit? You disable Spring Man when he's playable. Boom, done. If you even need to do that. Springtron also makes for a way better costume. Now, in the next game, that's a cool idea.

Also, Waluigi would be a godsend. Among the Super Mario characters, there's only three major characters(in terms of how big they are, not entirely referring to iconicness) are missing; Toad, Waluigi, and Paper Mario. I am not including Captain Toad on here because he's nowhere near as big as they are. Yet. He's easily another one soon enough, and by next Smash he'll feel like a weird omission if he isn't there.

There's others I'd still love otherwise; Bomberman is dead, but it sucks he's only somewhat there as playable. Isaac, Ashley, Takamaru, Lyn, Black Knight, Sukapon, Skull Kid(note I can't list Tingle here anymore, but him too), and that's just a few. Though honestly, Waluigi is the biggest one among this list(and I could see that at E3 too for the sole factor he would take the place by storm. There's others regardless who would too, like Crash or Master Chief.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Speaking of AT's, there's a ton that would be awesome to be playable this time around. Albeit, I don't use the term "promote" cause it makes it sound like the old role is gone. That won't happen at all(nor be replaced by anyone else) cause it's a massive waste of development time. For example, Springtron is a pointless AT addition. Why bother doing all that for no real benefit? You disable Spring Man when he's playable. Boom, done. If you even need to do that. Springtron also makes for a way better costume. Now, in the next game, that's a cool idea.

Also, Waluigi would be a godsend. Among the Super Mario characters, there's only three major characters(in terms of how big they are, not entirely referring to iconicness) are missing; Toad, Waluigi, and Paper Mario. I am not including Captain Toad on here because he's nowhere near as big as they are. Yet. He's easily another one soon enough, and by next Smash he'll feel like a weird omission if he isn't there.

There's others I'd still love otherwise; Bomberman is dead, but it sucks he's only somewhat there as playable. Isaac, Ashley, Takamaru, Lyn, Black Knight, Sukapon, Skull Kid(note I can't list Tingle here anymore, but him too), and that's just a few. Though honestly, Waluigi is the biggest one among this list(and I could see that at E3 too for the sole factor he would take the place by storm. There's others regardless who would too, like Crash or Master Chief.
The one Assist Trophy character that I'd like to see make it to playable status (more than any other AT) is Krystal; the fact that she could have entered Brawl's roster makes me sad.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord

Sukapon would be funny because people would ask "Literally who's Sukapon?" And there's no better answer for that tham you know what ;)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People with very strong opinions about ATs perplex me. I'm glad they're there, because it was either that role, or a lesser one, or nothing at all. It's only a slap in the face if you somehow felt entitled to an outcome different than the one we got. We were never promised anything.

And I'd be glad if one of the more desired ones was promoted, because there are a lot of good character choices from among the ranks of the ATs. Yeah there would be some very minor reduplication of efforts, but the team is getting paid to retread that ground, and will likely do so for the benefit of the fans.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Alright, that's enough.

Real talk; if any Assist Trophy character is revealed at E3 this year, that'll be the fastest I click out of the presentation.
I'm interested: Why do you not want any ATs making it to playable status in DLC?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm interested: Why do you not want any ATs making it to playable status in DLC?
He likes to believe ATs have more work put into them than fighters or something. Even though there's a reason why Ultimate was able to add more ATs than fighters, gee I wonder what that is?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Guys, you're dogpiling again. Let up. It's an unpopular opinion, but you don't need to go crazy about it. Not every response is even polite anymore, they're just trying to make them sound like an idiot.

That's not cool at all. I don't agree with the position whatsoever, but there's a time to back off. And that's been hit for nearly half this page by this point. And no, just cause you don't tag them essentially doesn't mean you aren't dogpiling. It's clear what the point is, trying to make fun of their point. Let's not be childish and disagree politely at worst.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Reusing assets is just game development 101, so if anything an Assist would be among the easiest characters to add. An AT promotion isn’t gonna suddenly delete the trophy so it’s not like there’s any harm in it.
It's a waste of dev time to make a popular and demanded character who didn't quite make the cut playable while possibly giving the devs less work with existing assets to build off of?
They already even reused assets by using Min Min's ARMS model as a base. So either way, if Spring Man or Min Min was chosen, an already existing model would be repurposed.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, you're dogpiling again. Let up. It's an unpopular opinion, but you don't need to go crazy about it. Not every response is even polite anymore, they're just trying to make them sound like an idiot.

That's not cool at all. I don't agree with the position whatsoever, but there's a time to back off. And that's been hit for nearly half this page by this point. And no, just cause you don't tag them essentially doesn't mean you aren't dogpiling. It's clear what the point is, trying to make fun of their point. Let's not be childish and disagree politely at worst.
Don't mind me. When he first said what he said about Assist Trophies, I was only, merely asking him a question, not necessarily jumping all over him.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Don't mind me. When he first said what he said about Assist Trophies, I was only, merely asking him a question, not necessarily jumping all over him.
Nah, you're exactly an example of a polite response. There's still many who are being polite about it, but more than one response is getting downright rude now.

It's not necessary and frankly shouldn't ever happen. These kind of responses are actually what has prompted users from avoiding this topic alone. That's no fun. D:

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
If an AT got promoted, I guarantee you the fighter would use an entirely different and much more polished model than the AT, anyhow. The fighters look smashy while ATs get to look more like they came straight out of their home world. Perk is off the perc.
They're probably also rigged and modelled for a lot less than fighters. For example, I'm pretty sure Waluigi's current model can't emote nor move its pupils, and his hands are modelled to be permanently clenched.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
They're probably also rigged and modelled for a lot less than fighters. For example, I'm pretty sure Waluigi's current model can't emote nor move its pupils, and his hands are modelled to be permanently clenched.
Exactly! There's a reason the various Waluigi mods don't look quite right despite using a model from Smash itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom