• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC-gi! Waluigi for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC (Currently Assist trophy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klimax

Smash Ace
their anti-lgbtq+ agenda that they push
There is no such thing as an anti-lgbt agenda. :laugh: If a company was crazy enough to do that, the whole world including the mainstream medias would burn it. People with an anti-lgbt agenda are an absolute minority, mainstream medias destroyed them.

Also, who cares about moral anyway ? Moral doesn't have anything to do with video games and is just something that varies over time. Hating some part of the world population was "moral" at some points in history. We should stop using that kind of authoritative arguments, especially when it's about something as serious as video games.

Just enjoy the damn games and stop putting political bull**** in it.

StormC

Smash Hero
All media is inherently political. Media that you agree or disagree with isn't suddenly political while everything else is apolitical.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
So it turns out that Waluigi has more expressions this time around than just the one single blank stare expression from before. Waluigi looks likes he fits right in the battlefield and the entire cast. I can see him being one of the more expressive characters alongside Wario, Dedede, DK, Diddy, and K. Rool. Someday. Someday...

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
There is no such thing as an anti-lgbt agenda. :laugh: If a company was crazy enough to do that, the whole world including the mainstream medias would burn it. People with an anti-lgbt agenda are an absolute minority, mainstream medias destroyed them.

Also, who cares about moral anyway ? Moral doesn't have anything to do with video games and is just something that varies over time. Hating some part of the world population was "moral" at some points in history. We should stop using that kind of authoritative arguments, especially when it's about something as serious as video games.

Look I don't want to keep bringing this up Everytime someone wants to be ignorant about this so I'm just gonna post this article again to tell you what I mean

https://www.google.com/amp/s/waypoi...dling-of-lgbtq-characters-catherine-full-body

Media influences people more than you think, including video games, so it's not "authorian" to criticize it if it has messages that can be considered hateful. Also your point of moral is just bull****. I don't even need to point out how wrong you are.

Also the fact that you equate LGBTQ+ people and their rights as "political bull" kinda shows what kind of person you are. The only reason our mere existence is "political" is cause of people bit accepting people for who they are and forcing hatefulness instead of just, you know, not doing that.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Look I don't want to keep bringing this up Everytime someone wants to be ignorant about this so I'm just gonna post this article again to tell you what I mean

https://www.google.com/amp/s/waypoi...dling-of-lgbtq-characters-catherine-full-body

Media influences people more than you think, including video games, so it's not "authorian" to criticize it if it has messages that can be considered hateful. Also your point of moral is just bull****. I don't even need to point out how wrong you are.

Also the fact that you equate LGBTQ+ people and their rights as "political bull" kinda shows what kind of person you are. The only reason our mere existence is "political" is cause of people bit accepting people for who they are and forcing hatefulness instead of just, you know, not doing that.
Guys, look. I respect every one of your opinions but this stuff is probably going to get us locked like every other Waluigi thread.
Can we discuss this somewhere else?

Super Fawful

Smash Cadet
NNID
dimentio64
^yeah i'm not going to read the previous page because i fail to see what any of this has to do with Waluigi, I came in here to add my support for him :)

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Guys, look. I respect every one of your opinions but this stuff is probably going to get us locked like every other Waluigi thread.
Can we discuss this somewhere else?
do find it odd you didn't want to tell this to the guy who came here just to respond to my comment from over a week ago with a bunch of "lol get your politics out of here" crud, but yeah, i just wanted to respond to that comment now since it was there, and now it's done.

anyway, regarding waluigi, there seems to be a lot of detail in the fabric textures of his model. that could mean something fro the future but i ain't holding my breath.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So it turns out that Waluigi has more expressions this time around than just the one single blank stare expression from before. Waluigi looks likes he fits right in the battlefield and the entire cast. I can see him being one of the more expressive characters alongside Wario, Dedede, DK, Diddy, and K. Rool. Someday. Someday...
I've noticed this. All the assist trophies can air dodge and have various facial expressions so they're painfully close to being playable characters.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
do find it odd you didn't want to tell this to the guy who came here just to respond to my comment from over a week ago with a bunch of "lol get your politics out of here" crud, but yeah, i just wanted to respond to that comment now since it was there, and now it's done.

anyway, regarding waluigi, there seems to be a lot of detail in the fabric textures of his model. that could mean something fro the future but i ain't holding my breath.
Yeah sorry about that. You were just the most recent comment regarding the topic. You seem like a pretty cool person:)

Klimax

Smash Ace

Calling people ignorants, posting internet articles like if it was a fact, making assumptions about the people you are talkin to, talking about moral to show that you have the moral highground, playing the victim to make the others look like mean persons. A really dishonest post at its finest.

"Also the fact that you equate LGBTQ+ people and their rights as "political bull" kinda shows what kind of person you are."

You make me say what I didn't say or you obviously missed the entire point. In my opinion, talking about politics in video games is bull****, no matter which community it's talking about. But you can, once again, refusing to understand what I said and taking it personally.
And no, things are not political, people make it political (and get overly sensitive about it).

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Calling people ignorants, posting internet articles like if it was a fact, making assumptions about the people you are talkin to, talking about moral to show that you have the moral highground, playing the victim to make the others look like mean persons. A really dishonest post at its finest.

"Also the fact that you equate LGBTQ+ people and their rights as "political bull" kinda shows what kind of person you are."

You make me say what I didn't say or you obviously missed the entire point. In my opinion, talking about politics in video games is bull****, no matter which community it's talking about. But you can, once again, refusing to understand what I said and taking it personally.
And no, things are not political, people make it political (and get overly sensitive about it).
As many people have stated, we're getting of topic and this is going to be my last post about Thai and probably to you first off, yes I will call you ignorant if you act like it, which have by saying there's there's no such thing as anti-lgbt+ agendas in gaming industries or anything, that is completely ignorant for ignoring cases and people who have suffered from discrimination in the industry due to stuff like that being perpetrated.
Yes, if the article is listing stuff that literally comes from the games themselves and points them out for being bigoted then yes, that kinda is a fact. Just because you didn't want to read it or look up what I said and just dismiss it like that is not my fault. It's not making assumptions as you put it, you literally said

"There is no such thing as an anti-lgbt agenda. :laugh:"

So don't try to cower away after saying **** like that.

You're the one who brought up morality. To make a point that doesn't even make sense.

No one played a victim. My post that you responded to was about how I felt about joker being in and my feelings towards the company behind the character since it was the recent news at the time. You just came to this thread despite not showing any interest of waluigi and just responded to my week old post saying

"Just enjoy the damn games and stop putting political bull**** in it."

You said that to my post about LGBTQ+ people being targeted with negative messages about them in Atlus games. Then you come and say that "you made assumptions" when I said how you calling LGBTQ+ issues political bull is sending off bad messages about what kind of person you are. Gee, I wonder how that conclusion came to be.

So yeah, I think you , me and everyone should drop this before this escalates anymore. This has gone on far enough and i don't want this thread facing the same as other waluigi threads before it. Nuff said, this is over. If you have anything you want to say regarding this, PM's are a thing

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
What do you guys think about Waluigi as a Snake echo?

He's sneaky, he likes explosives, hes got a similar frame that would make sense over Snake, him being a comical parody of the stealth character he's echoing fits both as his character and would help to solidify him into more than just the Kart and Tennis guy.

Not to mention since Snake has about the least stable spot on the roster other than maybe Cloud it would help to keep his moveset alive should he get cut again.

Greedy

Smash Rookie
NNID
WarriorWare
The thread was locked because he's deconfirmed? That's absolutely stupid. Plenty of other deconfirmed character threads are still alive, and hell, there's just as much reason to think Spirits deconfirm as there is to think ATs do at this point.

Can the Smash community stop pretending they're fighting "toxic behavior" when all they're doing is silencing/attacking Waluigi/Ashley supporters? Sheesh.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
The thread was locked because he's deconfirmed? That's absolutely stupid. Plenty of other deconfirmed character threads are still alive, and hell, there's just as much reason to think Spirits deconfirm as there is to think ATs do at this point.

Can the Smash community stop pretending they're fighting "toxic behavior" when all they're doing is silencing/attacking Waluigi/Ashley supporters? Sheesh.
I don't know the full story one the original thread that was locked, but what I do know it had something to do with one or two users saying/doing something that was considered harrassment or something on those lines after the assist reveal, and some other users of the thread requesting it to be locked. Once again not sure of the full story but that is the jist of it from what I've seen and heard.

Why other waluigi threads that appeared after were locked I have no idea, and for some of them it did come of as people having a grudge against waluigi fans or something, I blame the two jokers on twitter who annoyed Sakurai with their (bad) "joke" images and got blocked by him leaving a negative stigma in people about waluigi fans and the character himself. Wasn't helped that news articles started capitalizing on the situation by labeling those sh*tty twitter post as "multiple waluigi fans harassing Sakurai" or things like that. It was unfair to all the fans who just supported the character or were vocal in their displeasure with the treatment of the character (vocal in a respectable way), but it spread like wildfire.

This thread was almost locked for other reasons that I will not get into since that incident is done and hopefully over with for the foreseeable future.

But yeah, other than that, I made this thread so that the waluigi supporters on smashboards would have a proper home again, tbh I was expecting this to get locked like the others but I'm glad that the mods had a change of heart it seems (though it could be also cause piranha plant really shook sh*t up like crazy). Hopefully this thread will become more active in the future and people can continue to support waluigi for DLC (if he isn't already one of the five for the current fighter pass) and for future instalments if he isn't given the chance now.

Also yes my faith in waluigi dlc has been restored after I heard that Reggie's words were misinterpreted and there's still a chance, and also that info that came out from that panda person regarding how Isaac and waluigi are being considered top priority due to the amount of negativity that was received due to their assist trophy reveals. It gives hope that there may be another fighter's pass in the future (specially since they found 30 possible character slots in the data, 24 if you take away the 6 fighters that are coming as DLC right now), so if waluigi isn't in this one, he's likely priority with other assist trophies for the next batch. Nothing confirmed, but does seems likely

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'd rather a completely different user be in charge of this thread. Or, at the very least, restart a Waluigi support thread without boggling it down with politics and bickering. It would make things far more productive.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Honestly, I'd rather a completely different user be in charge of this thread. Or, at the very least, restart a Waluigi support thread without boggling it down with politics and bickering. It would make things far more productive.
If you have something you want to say, you can pm me about that.
As the mod stated and other users have the politics talk is over. You are bringing it up and going off topic, so I'd ask you to stop.

Last edited:

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
There are so many fighters in the roster who plays exactly the same, noticeable the sword fighters.

To give even more support, ill post this in PURPLE!

Waluigi could be a somewhat unique character (but kind of similar to Wii Fit Trainer) in the roster by being fully sport based. Wearing a tennis racket, using players as a basketball, kicking away a bob-omb in someones face, having a final smash with a golf club and stuffs like that.

Or, he could be an echo of Luigi with black fireballs and so on. I really REALLY want Waluigi to be in the roster to balance Mario-Luigi VS Wario out. Even if he is not in many games, he got WIDE support with millions of Youtube likes and his own forums.

Sakurai, i love you, can you please add him one day:(?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

It's honestly a precaution based on the past. In Smash 4, Ridley fans whipped themselves into such a frenzy over his discomfirmation that it was like a week long battle to prevent them from bricking the site.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Something interesting that was recently learnt:

Reggie on waluigi_LI.jpg

if we include this with what we Reggie said at the VGAs, and percive that Reggie's words can be considered somewhat valid,
Waluigi is not considered to be part of the series despite being an assist trophy since brawl.
This obviously isn't a hard confirmation or anything, but this is pretty notable and gives him a chance more. Granted Reggie could always be messing up his words or just using buzzwords to generate hype since he's a spokes person and all that. Not to mention the time gap from e3 all the way to the vgas, which could mean these are completely unrelated, but to be this specific is interesting still none the less. Hopefully, this is a clue at things to come at the very least.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Something interesting that was recently learnt:

View attachment 183877

if we include this with what we Reggie said at the VGAs, and Reggie's words can be considered somewhat valid,
Waluigi is not considered to be part of the series despite being an assist trophy since brawl.
This obviously isn't a hard confirmation or anything, but this is pretty notable and gives him a chance more. Granted Reggie could always be messing up his words or just using buzzwords to generate hype since he's a spokes person and all that. Not to mention the time gap from e3 all the way to the vgas, which could mean these are completely unrelated, but to be this specific is interesting still none the less. Hopefully, this is a clue at things to come at the very least.
You got a source for that interview? It... definitely could use some proofreading, wherever it’s from.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Merry Christmas fellow Waluigi fans! It's the most WAHonderful time of the year! Even though there is no snow on the ground here.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Merry Christmas fellow Waluigi fans! It's the most WAHonderful time of the year! Even though there is no snow on the ground here.

Merry Christmas to you, too! It's far from snowy around here, as well, but it's hard not to have a little Christmas cheer in your heart when BitF breaks out the Waluigi impressions again, haha.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
I think it is because of fan reactions Waluigi made his way back to Mario Kart, and Mario can wear Waluigis clothings in Odyssey. Nintendo is starting to see Waluigis fanbase grow.

Sadly there are some negative people in the fanbase, attacking Sakurai or other Nintendo devs directly. Thats not how to do it. I am a Waluigi fan and despite Waluigi being treated bad, i still love Sakurai.

I love him so much, that maybe one day, he will feel it, and add Waluigi to the roster.

I have honestly never seen such a big fanbase of side-characters before in the western world. I dont know how he is seen in Japan, but hopefully the Japanese people do the right thing and wears a purple cap and a stache and join the movement. Because if there is someone Nintendo listens to, its their nearest fanbase.

Honestly, i didnt actually care about Waluigi a year ago. But the way Nintendo treated Waluigi backfired. They tried to make him an hate object, a character noone should care about, but the more they try the more fans Waluigi gets. If people see positivites on a character, it doesnt help to try making him dislikeable.

And those Waluigi song videos and pictures are the best^^ Send them to Nintendo.

Hopefully Reggie will help us get him to Smash. My body is ready.

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
How the HELL did I not see this thread?!?!? I have been one of the most dedicated Waluigi supporters since e3. I have been doing my bestto call out those who still try to spread the “Waluigi fans threatened and harrarssed Sakurai” circlejerk that never happened.

I’m glad I found this thread, now we can work hard to make sure Nintendo knows how many of us there are and how good of a financial decision it will be to add him. Its time for the first same game Assist trophy upgrade in Smash history!

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Its shocking that people hate Waluigi so much that they made fake-news about harrassment.

I always respected these people, despite them maining characters no gamer knows or asked about (trust me ive compared Waluigi to other fighters, and everyone knows Waluigi).

I am fine with them having a spot in the roster, but these people are not fine with having just one, ONE roster being Waluigi. All they do is lie, and hate, just to make Waluigi fans seem toxic.

But the ironical thing is that this always backfires. When people know that they are just lying, people will join the "victims" side. So go on hating, Waluigi haters. Seriously. Maybe i should go on their levels and instead of saying "i hope Waluigi gets added" ill say "please replace these useless characters with Waluigi" and spread lies.

But nah, i wont go that low.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Its shocking that people hate Waluigi so much that they made fake-news about harrassment.

I always respected these people, despite them maining characters no gamer knows or asked about (trust me ive compared Waluigi to other fighters, and everyone knows Waluigi).

I am fine with them having a spot in the roster, but these people are not fine with having just one, ONE roster being Waluigi. All they do is lie, and hate, just to make Waluigi fans seem toxic.

But the ironical thing is that this always backfires. When people know that they are just lying, people will join the "victims" side. So go on hating, Waluigi haters. Seriously. Maybe i should go on their levels and instead of saying "i hope Waluigi gets added" ill say "please replace these useless characters with Waluigi" and spread lies.

But nah, i wont go that low.
Are you referring to the OHKO person who did that "the Truth about Waluigi in smash video" where he trashed Waluigi saying he'll never get into smash, then lied on twitter about being sent death threats from Waluigi fans in emails and on twitter (which was proven fake cause OHKO claimed they deleted all the evidence and people couldn't find any tweets)?

Cause that situation pissed me off too, people just trying really hard to keep up this lie that Waluigi fans are "violent and crazy" or something, it's really annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom