• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC-gi! Waluigi for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC (Currently Assist trophy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
pic-waluigi1.jpg

(Pictured above: Waluigi sending his pet Piranha Plant to battle in smash while he readies up for DLC)

If the other 'deconfirmed' characters can have threads that aren't locked, I don't see why Waluigi fans can't have a thread to discuss the future that is still unknown. Just cause we've never seen an assist trophy get a same-game upgrade before, doesn't mean it can't happen nor won't happen. (Besides, it's not like Sakurai has outright said it can't and won't happen). The support is still strong and the demand is still high, so let's show Nintendo and Sakurai (properly and respectfully) that wewon't stop WAH-ing for his inclusion for the Ultimate Smash! From the PaxAUS demonstration to the change.org petitions, let's have a proper area on smashboards to prove Waluigi is still wanted. We still don't know if the 5 upcoming dlc characters are gonna be the last (and judging by the comments by Nintendo about supporting the game in the future, seems like it won't be), so the fight is still on for the mustachioed marvelous villain of the mushroom Kingdom!

If anything though, it be nice to have a thread to be able to talk about Waluigi and potential future stuff, and meet other fans for him since all the other threads were locked. ._.

Some petitions you can sign and bring awareness too to help the cause:

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-add-waluigi-to-smash-bros-switch

https://www.change.org/p/everyone-make-waluigi-part-of-the-new-smash-roster

https://www.change.org/p/nintendoam...nsidered-for-dlc-in-super-smash-bros-ultimate

Reddit Support and Fanpage:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Waluigi/

Hashtags to use and follow for social media sites:

#Waluigi, #JusticeForWaluigi, #Waluigi4Smash, #WahtAboutMe, #FreeWaluigi, #LetWaluigiSmash

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’ve always supported Waluigi.

Until today, I thought Assist Trophies could be upgraded through DLC. After seeing this game’s true direction, I no longer believe that to be the case.

Still, I figured to come here and show my support in the name of the guy I was yesterday.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I’ve always supported Waluigi.

Until today, I thought Assist Trophies could be upgraded through DLC. After seeing this game’s true direction, I no longer believe that to be the case.

Still, I figured to come here and show my support in the name of the guy I was yesterday.
The support is appreciated :)

I do think the chance is slim, but with all the outcry and the petitions and demonstrations and all that considered, I think there a chance for him, and hope that gives a chance for other fan favorites too.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I have to admit it's still weird they haven't shown any gameplay footage of Waluigi outside of the e3 footage and the one image on the site in the assist trophies. You'd think by now he'd show up in a demo or in this latest direct. I really don't get why they are hiding him.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I’d support, but AT’s can’t be upgrade in the same game that they’re AT’s in, soooo…sorry if I don’t sound constructive.
That's never been set in stone though. Yes it's true that it's never happened before, but Sakurai has never stated that it can't happen. If he had then Yeah it be game over, but the fact that he hasn't said it, along with the fact that waluigi's support was brought up by Reggie and a few other Nintendo employees, has given him a chance to change that. And if he can break the same-game assist trophy trope, then it opens up the cahnce for everyone. But it really can only happen if people push for it. Until Sakurai himself can't ignore it and finally breaks the silence on waluigi, and decides his ultimate fate, and the fate of all the assist.

The chances are slim I will admit, but they aren't impossible. Being part of the space pirates and supporting Ridley for so long taught me to never give up, and that's exactly what waluigi and the waluigi fans need right now, perseverance and support.

Some bad news everyone

It would seem at the 3:35:40 mark, waluigi has finally been seen...... *Sigh*

Well, don't give up hope still. Keep fighting. If we give up, then he will never have a chance.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Added link to subreddit page for all the support there, I don't have an account but of anyone who has Reddit wants to post this page there feel free to do so, that may help bring more support together :)

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone I'm from the Isaac thread. I had an idea that I think would help a lot of us here. I think we should join together and sign one petition. Not just Waluigi and Isaac supporters but also with Shadow, Ashley, and Skull Kid supporters. I believe if all of these character supporters pool our numbers together we may be able to make a difference. This could be nothing or it can be the beginning of a movement. Anyone interested can sign here: A new petition. (You don't need to support with money just tweeting about it is fine.) #UpgradeAssists

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Hey everyone I'm from the Isaac thread. I had an idea that I think would help a lot of us here. I think we should join together and sign one petition. Not just Waluigi and Isaac supporters but also with Shadow, Ashley, and Skull Kid supporters. I believe if all of these character supporters pool our numbers together we may be able to make a difference. This could be nothing or it can be the beginning of a movement. Anyone interested can sign here: A new petition. (You don't need to support with money just tweeting about it is fine.) #UpgradeAssists
Thanks so much for sharing this, I'm gonna link the petition with the other ones at the top. All the support is needed!

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet
Assuming Waluigi does make it as DLC, I'd love for there to be a Waluigi Pinball stage to go with him.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Don't forget Bomberman and Krystal!

Klimax

Smash Ace
I don't believe that AT can become playable character in the same game but I would love it. Waluigi is one of my favorite character of the Mario universe.
Since Brawl, i want him as a playable character, but he keeps coming back as an AT and to be honest, I'm always heartbroken by it.

But I'm sure about something: He'll be playable in Smash 6.
While people acted terribly with Sakurai (you can hate a decision or something and say how bad you think it is, but come on, harrassing people is just dumb), I'm pretty sure this is what made them understand that people really want Waluigi. I'm confident about his chances for Smash 6.

And even though I don't believe in AT becoming playable characters in the same game, if this going to happen, Waluigi is the one with the biggest chance.

Of course I support him !

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Yeah I really hate that those few vocal minorities in the the fanbase ruined a lot of the reputation of waluigi and the waluigi fans by harrassing Sakurai. Thought the sheer amount of hate thrown against the rest of the waluigi fans by others was really unwarranted. Things got out of hand really badly.

Hopefully, people in the fanbase will be able to stop another incident from happening, and people outside will realize that a few angry "fans" don't speak for the rest of the fanbase or the character and what he represents

If Waluigi (and Isaac and Rayman and Sora and Banjo) show up as DLC, then I can forgive that godforsaken vine for being a character.
since a Plant is a character, i think anything is possible...Camelot glory!
While I've got over my initial anger at piranha plant getting in, yeah, I will say in my opinion it's a poor choice for a character, even as a joke or representation of Mario enemies (goomba would have been a better choice if that's what they wanted). As for main Mario characters, Waluigi, Birdetta, Toadette, Captain Toad, Geno, Mallow, Fawful, Vivian... The list goes on of characters that aren't just a random enemy and represent the Marioverse well. But yeah, if waluigi and other popular picks show up as DLC the plant can be forgiven.

And hey, if the Piranha Plant is Audrey 2 from Little Shop of Horrors, that can Make Waluigi as Seymour :D

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Even if he's already deconfirmed, I'm still gonna throw in my support. Waluigi is my most wanted first party character and my most wanted character of all time.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
What if, instead of Waluigi being playable, we get a DLC mode where Assist Trophies are playable?
Sakurai seems pretty damn proud of the fact that you can KO these suckers and their attack schemes seem more complex then ever, so why not!

Oh yeah, Waluigi! Haven't seen a thread devoted to the purple man that hasn't been locked since the E3 reveal, so I hope you don't mind if I stick around for a while! Consider me a supporter!
I actually worked on a Waluigi moveset once! Though it's recent, I've changed my mind on a whole lot of the moves so I might post another moveset on this thread but I hope you check it out: https://www.deviantart.com/certifiedfella/art/Everybody-Cheater-Waluigi-in-Smash-767176406

Yangfly Leone

Smash Cadet
What if, instead of Waluigi being playable, we get a DLC mode where Assist Trophies are playable?
Sakurai seems pretty damn proud of the fact that you can KO these suckers and their attack schemes seem more complex then ever, so why not!

Oh yeah, Waluigi! Haven't seen a thread devoted to the purple man that hasn't been locked since the E3 reveal, so I hope you don't mind if I stick around for a while! Consider me a supporter!
I actually worked on a Waluigi moveset once! Though it's recent, I've changed my mind on a whole lot of the moves so I might post another moveset on this thread but I hope you check it out: https://www.deviantart.com/certifiedfella/art/Everybody-Cheater-Waluigi-in-Smash-767176406
I tought I was the only one who really wished a mode to play as assist trophies, it would actually be hella fun just using the few attacks the assists have.
I would definitely main Isaac tough :p

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So glad the controversy has settled and this thread has been WAH-vived!

I imagine a Waluigi moveset would either:

A. be based on Mario spin-offs, and as such have a slight RNG influence, like an item box move that randomly summons some of the less powerful items, regardless of whether that item is on or off.

B. my prefered choice, be based on all the weird, downright grotesque things that have sneaked into Mario games over the years, like the pinball machine, the haunted piano and/or Spewart's vomit.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
People always say he has no moveset potential despite Sports references, Mario Party items/mini games and dancing, he could have the most interesting moveset of them all.

I always pictured his recovery being him pulling out a bomb and setting it under him, he blows himself up and takes some damage but is shot up.

Neutral B can be him pulling a random smash bros item out, nothing too crazy, just like Peach can pull turnips but sometimes a Mr. Saturn or a bomb, he is a cheater afterall, he'll bring items even if they are turned off haha.

Oh man imagine if they did that but he could get stupid stuff...he'd be top tier/banned and the memes would just continue lol.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
there is a 3rd idea for a Waluigi moveset I had but forgot to mention: an echo - BUT - based on a character who has nothing to do with Waluigi, or Mario in general. Sheik's B moves could work well for Waluigi with some cosmetic touch-ups. the smoke in the Up-B could be replaced with farting and it'd fit just fine (yeah, Waluigi has never farted in a game, or done anything gross in general, but it wouldn't exactly be off-character either)

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I've noticed a lot of official fan Twitters for other potential smash characters like Isaac and banjo-kazooie, maybe someone would like to start an official waluigi for smash twitter? I'm not sure if I could run it but maybe if anyone else had the time and resources?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Support all the way. Waluigi's deconfirmation was one of the worst for me and I'd love to see him playable.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

Anyone remember the negative zone? I've been thinking that maybe this should come back as Waluigi's final smash, but re-purposed as maybe a trap-smash and instead of doing Luigi's dance, he does the dances from Mario DDR, since that was one of his biggest roles in a game

Maybe even have a short loop of The Destruction Dance play.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Anyone remember the negative zone? I've been thinking that maybe this should come back as Waluigi's final smash, but re-purposed as maybe a trap-smash and instead of doing Luigi's dance, he does the dances from Mario DDR, since that was one of his biggest roles in a game

Maybe even have a short loop of The Destruction Dance play.
That would be hilarious. Plus, I kinda miss Negative Zone (but Luigi’s new FS is super fitting, so it’s a win-win if Waluigi nabs it)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've noticed a lot of official fan Twitters for other potential smash characters like Isaac and banjo-kazooie, maybe someone would like to start an official waluigi for smash twitter? I'm not sure if I could run it but maybe if anyone else had the time and resources?
I had that idea myself! I was thinking a good name could be "Gamma Slammers", but I would be completely inable to run it.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
A strange fog of hate has enveloped the community when it comes to Waluigi, let's hope DLC can get rid of that, unlikely as it is.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A strange fog of hate has enveloped the community when it comes to Waluigi, let's hope DLC can get rid of that, unlikely as it is.
I don't think Waluigi will be DLC, but I do think he has a good shot of appearing in a future Smash title, if there are future Smash titles of course. remember when everyone hated Ridley and said he'd never get in? and Sonic before that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom