• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC-gi! Waluigi for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC (Currently Assist trophy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccllr

Smash Cadet
I also support Waluigi for Smash.

But reading a lot of you guys (here and over the internet in general) is just unsettling. Please stop getting angry at other people online. If you support a character or basically any idea online stick to it, and be aware that there will always be people in disagreement, but come on, don't feed the trolls and dont waste precious life time getting angry at people that is not (and honestly doesn't want to be) in agreement with you.

Also remember this is only a video game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Also, reminder that the #Wahrriors are a part of the #AssistAlliance.

If this isn’t enough proof that enough fans are serious about the movement, then I don’t know what will.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Haven't seen much around this thread in the past week so I'll just leave this here...
180px-Eviluig.png
GlowingWaluigi64.png

In his original appearance, Waluigi seemed to do this thing where his eyes glowed whenever he suffered a loss.
How could we use this for Smash? Should he use it as a taunt or a losing animation? Should he use it as a counter or an entire mechanic? I'd love to get some discussion going!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Make that a losing animation, and let the memes roll in.

Also his Final Smash protrait.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Haven't seen much around this thread in the past week so I'll just leave this here...
View attachment 189948View attachment 189949
In his original appearance, Waluigi seemed to do this thing where his eyes glowed whenever he suffered a loss.
How could we use this for Smash? Should he use it as a taunt or a losing animation? Should he use it as a counter or an entire mechanic? I'd love to get some discussion going!
Actually, the glowing eyes came as a result of winning points. Waluigi stomped his foot when an opponent got the points.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Final smash animation seems like the best bet for that since everyone's eyes glow for those anyway. Or since it is the loss point animation, the suggestion for it being the clapping animation instead also works.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
https://play.nintendo.com/activities/polls/nintendo-valentines-fun-poll/

Waluigi currently dominating play Nintendo's Valentine's Day poll with over 25000+ votes. Holy smokes.

I do wonder if Nintendo ever actually looks at the results of theses polls to keep tabs on what characters are the most popular or marketable, etc, cause if they do then maybe stuff like this will have them finally consider giving waluigi his due and having him have his turn in the spotlight already.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
https://play.nintendo.com/activities/polls/nintendo-valentines-fun-poll/
Waluigi currently dominating play Nintendo's Valentine's Day poll with over 25000+ votes. Holy smokes..
Interestingly not just in this list, among all NIntendo male characters I do think having a date with Waluigi is interesting. Also, does Jibanyan still has chance to Smash?

Just cause we've never seen an assist trophy get a same-game upgrade before, doesn't mean it can't happen nor won't happen. (Besides, it's not like Sakurai has outright said it can't and won't happen).
Well I'm being frank here, I wouldn't say spirits/backgrounds/assists deconfirm anyone, but I don't try to argue over it because there are multiple popular characters over there, any character aside from Waluigi can be chosen to break the theories. If we only want to support a specific character, the theories would not be too relevant.

The other major issue for assists is that, some other secondary Mario characters could had got chances to be assists as well. So I don't see why Waluigi cannot be replaced with an unused character since the beginning.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
So um....

After waluigi was dominating the poll for a while, someone apparently made a bot for Isabelle to get over 100000+ votes for her in five minutes to beat waluigi in that poll. It appears people responded by making their own waluigi voting bots and sent them after the poll too. The bots from waluigi and Isabelle competing ended up overloading the site or something cause now the Play Nintendo site is on shut down. 0_0

What an... Interesting turn of events eh.

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
So um....

After waluigi was dominating the poll for a while, someone apparently made a bot for Isabelle to get over 100000+ votes for her in five minutes to beat waluigi in that poll. It appears people responded by making their own waluigi voting bots and sent them after the poll too. The bots from waluigi and Isabelle competing ended up overloading the site or something cause now the Play Nintendo site is on shut down. 0_0

What an... Interesting turn of events eh.
I noticed. It was entertaining, ngl

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Waluigi got over a million votes in the end for that Valentine's Day poll. Guess this song fits:

Just replace every "views" in the song to "WAHS", and it's perfect :p

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Happy Valentine's Day everyone, and to celebrate, here's the official Nintendo E-card that was made (supposedly) because of the ballot for the Nintendo Valentine's!
Valentines_eCard_Waluigi.jpg

And yes, this is official, straight from the play Nintendo site.

(Also sorry for the double post)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom