• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Personally, while I have nothing against his Mirror of Fate design, I'd prefer to see the classic Castlevania games represented in Smash. When you consider how Mega Man and Ryu mainly take inspiration from the NES Mega Man games and Street Fighter II, respectively, it only makes sense for Simon to follow suit and hop on the nostalgia train.

There's only one acceptable Simon design.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Wario's victory theme is either a very different version of a victory theme in Warioware or original

It comes from this song, which is from Wario Land. Listen to the beginning of it.

I personally like the idea of Captain Syrup. I know they would probably go with a character from WarioWare before her, but I really would like to see a pirate. Also, I want Impa slightly over Tetra as a new Zelda character, sooooo.
This is another idea I could see working. The only problem is whether or not Wario Land will continue for her to make more appearances (Which I can see happening in the near future). I'm not sure how her moveset could work, but I do agree the pirate motive could be interesting (and it would be pretty cool to see two pirates with her and Tetra).

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman

It comes from this song, which is from Wario Land. Listen to the beginning of it.

This is another idea I could see working. The only problem is whether or not Wario Land will continue for her to make more appearances (Which I can see happening in the near future). I'm not sure how her moveset could work, but I do agree the pirate motive could be interesting (and it would be pretty cool to see two pirates with her and Tetra).
DLC with Captain Syrup and Tetra coming in with the Pirate Ship Brawl stage.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Wasn't that from Shake it? A game that was released after Brawl iirc?

D

Deleted member

I think it's about time I went on my desktop computer and made my second vote (my first being Zael from The Last Story on my laptop). I don't think this character has much of a chance of joining the roster, but I might as well show my support.

SimonBelmontVote.png

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Wario Land confirmed to NOT exist. . .
I was talking about the Warioware games, oops. Fixed that.

I just realised, with the addition of Ryu, we'll never get the chance to see Ryu Hayabusa added to the game..

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't know if you can compare them to Ryu and Ryu Hayabusa, since the 2 Ryus would both be DLC characters.
I don't think having similar first names of all things is going to cause one Ryu getting in as DLC stop another Ryu from getting in.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Could you make a moveset for him/her?
pfft yeah for no one to look at? Then when I ask for critiques and advice I get a bunch of snooty comments about the character being insignificant and what not. No way. maybe

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Wasn't asking if you would, I was asking if you could, but I see.
I could and would, but I'm not sure if I should because a certain member on here pissed me off so bad that I got flagged and white knighted against, which is cool but yeah. I'll think about, would you be interested if I made one?

MainJPW

M.T.A
I could and would, but I'm not sure if I should because a certain member on here pissed me off so bad that I got flagged and white knighted against, which is cool but yeah. I'll think about, would you be interested if I made one?
Yeah, it'd be nice to see.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Geno Boost

Smash Master
So im trying to make a list of what happened to popularity of character's from pre-release to now.

Unsure

Dixie, Paper Mario, Bandana dee

Severe decrease

Ridley

Chrom

Medusa

decrease

Impa

Chorus Kids

Krystal

Captain Toad

severe increase

pretty much every non young link vet

Daisy

Banjo

Shovel Knight

Shantae

Inkling (duh)

Bayonetta

increase

K Rool

takamaru

Geno

Rayman

Layton

Wonder Red

Isaac
agree? disagree?

(I'm sure i forgot SOMEONE important. . .)
how about Ray MK and some retro characters?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm sorry but, I know StarTropics, and representing it through Mike Jones as a fighter would contribute nothing to Smash Bros. It's an uninteresting idea.
What makes that game unique would be lost in the transition to Smash Bros. anyway.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Why does a retro need to be represented as a playable character anyway? There's other ways to remember StarTropics. Stage, music, trophy. It was good enough for Balloon Fighter.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
BP, why not make one big master poll with every character so it can be done all at once? Ain't nobody got time to fill in every single one individually.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Why does a retro need to be represented as a playable character anyway? There's other ways to remember StarTropics. Stage, music, trophy. It was good enough for Balloon Fighter.
Ironically, many said Duck Hunt would be represented fine with non-playable content before back in Smash 4 speculation. Actually any retro in general that wasn't Takamaru or Lip back then.

Last edited:
Were talking about retros now? I don't expect any retro to be Smash 4 DLC, but in Smash 5, I think that Takamaru and Mach Rider are the most likely ones, with Ice Climbers also returning (unless there's another handheld version which can't handle them, but I doubt it).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I reckon Takamaru could experience a Pit-style revival between now and the next Smash.

In which case, Takamaru would be all but assured for the next Smash and wouldn't really be considered a "retro" character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom