• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I only voted for the characters that I personally care about. :Y
I just want my voice heard.
^Precisely the purpose of the ballot thingy.

Remember guys, this isn't a "vote" poll thingy. This is a "suggestion submission" thing. This is exactly why you're given a "reason" field. You're just given a chance to tell Nintendo what you want, and Nintendo will "consider" making it happen.

There's no real "wasted vote", unless you're not really going for the ones you want.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In all honesty, I doubt anything big from today's Fire Emblem concert will even have one thing from Smash. While we did get a preview of the Mewtwo Amiibo in Comic-Con, I think Sakurai is just there to be a talk show guest and being a fan of the series in general. So expecting something like a character or Mii Fighter outfit would require some serious praying since chances of that happening are pretty slim.

Still can't get over the fact that the concert begins on my birthday if all things. :urg:

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
In all honesty, I doubt anything big from today's Fire Emblem concert will even have one thing from Smash. While we did get a preview of the Zmewtwo Amiibo in Comic-Con, I think Sakurai is just there to be a talk show guest and being a fan of the series in general. So expecting something like a character or Mii Fighter outfit would require some serious praying since chances of that happening are pretty slim.

Still can't get over the fact that the concert begins on my birthday if all things. :urg:
Happy birthday!

I don't expect anything new either, it's just Sakurai telling some Chrom-jokes or something:

"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"
"Not Chrom"

*cue laughing audio file*

Troykv

Smash Master
I only voted for the characters that I personally care about. :Y
I just want my voice heard.
Exactly! Everyone have different opinion and their own arguments to support a character.

Everyone have their own voice.

#Micaiah4Smash

So im trying to make a list of what happened to popularity of character's from pre-release to now.

Unsure

Dixie, Paper Mario, Bandana dee

Severe decrease

Ridley

Chrom

Medusa

decrease

Impa

Chorus Kids

Krystal

Captain Toad

severe increase

pretty much every non young link vet

Daisy

Banjo

Shovel Knight

Shantae

Inkling (duh)

Bayonetta

increase

K Rool

takamaru

Geno

Rayman

Layton

Wonder Red

Isaac
agree? disagree?

(I'm sure i forgot SOMEONE important. . .)

Last edited:
So im trying to make a list of what happened to popularity of character's from pre-release to now.

Unsure

Severe decrease

Ridley

Chrom

Medusa

decrease

Impa

Chorus Kids

Krystal

Captain Toad

severe increase

Daisy

Banjo

Shovel Knight

Shantae

Inkling (duh)

Bayonetta

increase

K Rool

takamaru

Geno

Rayman

Layton

Wonder Red

Isaac
agree? disagree?
I think that Dee's popularity has increased.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Unsure

Severe decrease

Ridley

Chrom

Medusa

decrease

Impa

Chorus Kids

Krystal

Captain Toad

severe increase

Daisy

Banjo

Shovel Knight

Shantae

Inkling (duh)

Bayonetta

increase

K Rool

takamaru

Geno

Rayman

Layton

Wonder Red

Isaac
agree? disagree?

You did, in fact, forget someone important.
midnaiconsmall.png

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

This character is what all true Zelda fans strive for
sorry notsorry

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
People are talking about characters as if they are real beings, as if they're family that you have to be loyal at all costs or something. They're video game characters.

If you guys want to waste your votes that's fine. I'd just personally prefer my vote count for something rather than it not just to maintain the ideal of character loyalty or something

Wtf I didn't say I don't like Ridley, I just realise he doesn't have the proportions to be a fighter, like Sakurai and everyone else did. That doesn't mean we don't like him why can't Ridley fans understand that...

Could you explain how getting a 6th character for a tiny franchise would be better than getting one for an underrepped series or for a new series all together?
"If you want to vote for what you want when a company asks you to vote for what you want, then you're wasting your vote"

If you say Ridley would be a waste of a vote and imply these issues can't be resolved int the future., they you just look like an arrogant brat. "like Sakurai and everyone else did" I want a ****ing source on Ridley's support being gone. "Why can't Ridley fans understand?" Maybe because we want one of Nintendo's more serious villains to be represented as a character instead of a slow as balls punching bag.

Simple! If said 6th character was heavily requested. You are literally telling people they aren't allowed to tell a company what they want when asked what they want. Why should I care about if my vote is wasted if I vote on Ridley for instance? I've seen lots of people say they want Ridley and voted for him, not to mention you're implying that future installments don't exist. Gladly do me a favour and learn to realize people have different opinions. Every character you want is a waste of a vote because I said so. If you want a character that I don't then you're being greedy. That's pretty much what you said

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep

Unsure

Severe decrease

Ridley

Chrom

Medusa

decrease

Impa

Chorus Kids

Krystal

Captain Toad

severe increase

Daisy

Banjo

Shovel Knight

Shantae

Inkling (duh)

Bayonetta

increase

K Rool

takamaru

Geno

Rayman

Layton

Wonder Red

Isaac
agree? disagree?

Ones I don't think has changed:
  • Dixie
  • BanWaddle
  • Ridley
  • Rayman
  • Wonder Red
  • Paper Mario
  • Krystal (Yeah, SF0, but I didn't see much impact from it other than a few outraging and wishing she comes back to the series "if she gets in")
Ones with so low support I can't even decide if they changed or not:
  • Layton
  • Daisy (Increased I think)
  • Young Link (I'd consider his increased but I can't find their support anywhere in the first place)
Ones who've almost disappeared from the requests:
  • Geno (He had quite an amount of support in early/pre-ballot but I've almost never heard about Geno since then)
  • Banjo Kazooie (One of the trendsetter of 3rd-party-company-promoting-their-character-and-millions-follow thing, but I don't really hear much as time goes)
  • ATs
Ones that surely increased:
  • K Rool (Already popular, so ballot simply made the bandwagon more effective like Pewdiepie's)
  • Vets except YLink (Again, ballot is the only way they can revive/survive, so yeah)
  • Isaac (same as K Rool)
Ones have sorta decreased:
  • Inklings (I feel like people are less hyped about Inkling now, plus the fact that the Inkling costumes are out.)
  • All third party (Their companies advertising made their support boost up, but is now slowly falling down imo)
i don't really know.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
The only ballot votes that can be considered undeniably "wasted" are either ones thrown away to the Gokus/Shreks of Miiverse, the rival third-parties likes of Kratos and Master Chief who badly stick out like sore thumbs*, or unrealistic joke suggestions like Reckless Wiimote Safety Man. * There's (maybe) Snake, but he gets a free pass because he was a (seemingly one-time) personal favor for a close friend.

I mean, I'm not pretending every vote is going to count (and a good many of them won't), but if there are enough of them for a particular character to get noticed, perhaps Sakurai can consider them either here and now or for future intents and purposes. Even then, everyone has the right to do as they please with their votes, no matter the end result or success rate. It may not be what I want or what others want per se, but if its what that person wants, then that's what matters to that person.

Ultimately, the heart wants what the heart wants. Whether it's a front runner, dark-horse, or virtual nobody, support who you support because you want to, not because you have to.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guys calm down, I think we can all admire this girl's face and say she's the ideal Zelda rep. :troll:

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I think my signature character list still stands the test of time, although I'd probably add Simon from Castlevania, Nathan "Rad" Spencer from Bionic Commando, Bomberman, and maybe Shantae.

Honestly at this point I'd be happy with whatever the Smash community votes for the most. We know how to pick 'em.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I think my signature character list still stands the test of time, although I'd probably add Simon from Castlevania, Nathan "Rad" Spencer from Bionic Commando, Bomberman, and maybe Shantae.

Honestly at this point I'd be happy with whatever the Smash community votes for the most. We know how to pick 'em.
I have to seriously ask... why Mona? The fact you include her on a list that "still stands the test of time" makes me raise an eyebrow anyway but I'd have left it if you'd given a bit more justification than "Another Wario character".

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Is it wrong for me to want the Mirror of Fate look if Simon Belmont becomes playable it really just fits the "Barbaric" look more what with the tan skin, muscles and the scruffy hair plus the beard

P-purely for aesthetic purposes I assure you, it's a visually appealing design

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it wrong for me to want the Mirror of Fate look if Simon becomes playable it really just fits the "Barbaric" look more what with the muscles and the scruffy hair plus the beard mixed with the hair over eye thing

P-purely for aesthetic purposes I assure you
Personally, while I have nothing against his Mirror of Fate design, I'd prefer to see the classic Castlevania games represented in Smash. When you consider how Mega Man and Ryu mainly take inspiration from the NES Mega Man games and Street Fighter II, respectively, it only makes sense for Simon to follow suit and hop on the nostalgia train.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
If Simon Belmont got in I'd personally like his Conan the Barbarian inspired design from his first game's box art:

His attack animations, however, would look as adorably stiff and stilted as from that game as well. Like Mega Man is like in Smash 4 right now.

Edit: :4greninja:'D by KingBro1

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I have to seriously ask... why Mona? The fact you include her on a list that "still stands the test of time" makes me raise an eyebrow anyway but I'd have left it if you'd given a bit more justification than "Another Wario character".
Well, when they gave Wario his own series icon, I had a feeling they would add a playable Warioware character. (I had high hopes for Waluigi, but he became an assist trophy in the game again, so my hopes were pretty much dashed for him)

And Wario isn't even playable in his own Warioware games, unlike Mona. And if Wario's gonna have his own "universe", Mona would be the representative of the rest of Wario's universe, she would be the 'good guy' of Wario's series, which would solidify the series as being seperate from the Mario series.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Well, Sakurai seems to think so.
But there's a Wario Land song in the game. And his victory theme is also from Wario Land. So he does know it exists. Him not having enough moves or representation from the games is another issue, but to say there's nothing from those games is a lie, as small as it may be. Oh well, I've seen enough complaints about it anyway, as much as I love Wario and think he's perfectly fine.

To get on the topic of DLC, I wonder how another Wario character could work. It would most likely be from Wario Ware, considering how there's a variety of characters from that franchise. It just depends on who that character could be, and if they are actually requested. The most I've seen is for Mona, which I wonder how she could work. I personally want Jimmy T, but that's another story.

I wonder how it could work if the character were to pull stuff straight from the minigames. Wario fits the quirky and fast aspects of those games, but a character that purely represents the minigames could be quite interesting. I'm just not sure who that character could be.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But there's a Wario Land song in the game. And his victory theme is also from Wario Land. So he does know it exists. Him not having enough moves or representation from the games is another issue, but to say there's nothing from those games is a lie, as small as it may be. Oh well, I've seen enough complaints about it anyway, as much as I love Wario and think he's perfectly fine.

To get on the topic of DLC, I wonder how another Wario character could work. It would most likely be from Wario Ware, considering how there's a variety of characters from that franchise. It just depends on who that character could be, and if they are actually requested. The most I've seen is for Mona, which I wonder how she could work. I personally want Jimmy T, but that's another story.

I wonder how it could work if the character were to pull stuff straight from the minigames. Wario fits the quirky and fast aspects of those games, but a character that purely represents the minigames could be quite interesting. I'm just not sure who that character could be.
Wario's victory theme is either a very different version of a victory theme in Warioware or original

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I personally like the idea of Captain Syrup. I know they would probably go with a character from WarioWare before her, but I really would like to see a pirate. Also, I want Impa slightly over Tetra as a new Zelda character, sooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom