• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Doc eats chocolate and there was a Punch Out game where Doc was the opponent iirc, if you hit him when he ate chocolate to heal, he went beserker iirc
I'm aware of who Doc is.
I'm just questioning why the first character to come to mind for a Smash newcomer for Punch-Out based on a specific ethnicity is Doc instead of Mr. Sandman.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm aware of who Doc is.
I'm just questioning why the first character to come to mind for a Smash newcomer for Punch-Out based on a specific ethnicity is Doc instead of Mr. Sandman.
Doc's more iconic I guess, not to mention he's relatable. Who doesn't love eating choccy bars? I ate 3 at work and my colleagues banned me from eating the other ones I bought

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I've put in one final vote for Ridley on the ballot; if it overrides my others or does little for him, I don't care. I don't want to go through another painful development cycle only to get him as a friggin' stage boss or background object. I've been on this train for almost 10 damned years, and I ain't getting off now! Support to the end and live the dream! :p

Here's what I wrote;
I know Sakurai has said in the past that Ridley won't work, but as far as I'm concerned he can still do it. I believe that Sakurai, and everyone on the Smash development team, are well and capable of making a playable Ridley; the people who truly want him in would accept him at any size.

His violent, sadistic and sociopathic personality is loaded with moveset ideas, and he's been popular as a Smash newcomer since Melee's release. While a prominent role on a stage is fine, I, and many other people who want him as a fighter, would be extremely pleased to have him be playable in this game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Paper Mario would be so obviously different from the other two Marios, but another Paper Mario character would have the bonus of not having three Mario's. I really think the Paper Mario franchise should have a rep though
I know I got late to respond to this but it still hardly make sense.

like here;s the point here, the goal is not "to get a rep", that would make the entire addition pointless if you ask me because the characters needs much more than this.

If Paper Mario wouldhave a rep, it just has to be logically paper mario, you could put someone else ONLY if paper mario would be there because then it could make sense, but you run through another problem: why it would need 2 reps when paper mario alone can represent so much of the series?

Like, it doesn;t make sense to say that it;s better to not have a third mario (which I still think it doesn;t matter anyway considering the hcaracter) then having a paper mario character that isn't the one that would get here the msot and rep so much more.

It goes like this, no paper mario rep in the roster or paper mario, the inbetween hardly make any sense except if it;s like trophies or AT (it does have a high AT ptoential).

Seriously, if dr mario could feel like mario, Paper Mario just doesn't so in the end, would you REALLY be bothered by a third mario that doesn't feel like it?

This is why I still don;t get it.

The conversation to have a partner from Paper Mario instead of the main man himself... it... boggles me.

It's on par of saying we should have get Rush or Beat instead of :4megaman:, a Pikmin instead of :4olimar:, or Slippy & Peppy before :4fox: & :4falco:.

Paper Mario is the namesake, face of, and protagonist of the entire series. Outside of cameos, no partner has had a role past their home game. Not only that, the last game to include the true partner system is over a decade old.

We have no case of someone getting into Smash before the protagonist of their series... because the protagonist is most often the far more iconic, long-lasting, and often more popular as well as fleshed out character.

If we were to have to go outside of Paper Mario for a character, I'd have to say Paper Bowser actually has interesting potential.
He'd share his iconic flame breath with his other self, possibly the general spinning in his shell for a down-special, but otherwise?

Kloopa Klown Kopter for a limited flight recovery, usage of the Star Rod for either a temporary buff like :4wiifit:'s deep breathing or a projectile, any of the Pixl buddies, assists like Kammy or paperized minions of the Koopa army (which, being "flat" characters like :4gaw: or :4duckhunt:'s wild gunmen should keep them fairly low for system pressure) and of course the idea of having his Final Smash turning into the Shiny Bowser final boss fight from Sticker Star.

And, ironically, he'd share more of that grounds to the basic attack moveset of :bowsermelee::bowser2: Bowser which would be interesting to help "preserve the old playstyle" that people say that they see in :4drmario:.

Though his flaily arms have to be his dash attack akin to :4luigi:'s.
Even then, it;s quite obvious why there;s not much alternatives, paper bowser honestly didn;t do THAT much that you could differentiate him from Bowser. Koops.....I guess yes, but I run into the same problem as vivian, limited potential.

Like not only it;s the one that would logically go first, but it also seems to be the only one from the series to add THIS much.

Which again, imo totally overcome the mere fact that he;s mario......

and btw, paper jam honestly kinda screws this up tbh.....

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Yep, Hades is considered a better character and more memorable Kid Icarus villain by a long shot. Not even Medusa's classic status would be enough to convince people to view her as any better than the God of Trolling. :/
Hades would make such a better background element, cause then he could keep talking, and that's really what he does best

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think you might be exaggerating. Can you give examples? I can't think of many that compare to Tingle, honestly.
Unfortunately, I'm not exaggerating. I literally just don't see how Tingle would even fit in Smash. I'm not trying to bash the character because I dislike him. I'm just wondering where the hell is everyone going with supporting Tingle

D

Deleted member

Question for everyone:
Have you ever gave up on a character that you used to support?
Not because of an NPC disconfirmation or something like that, but because your support just......faded away for no apperent reason.

Morbi

Scavenger
Question for everyone:
Not because of an NPC disconfirmation or something like that, but because your support just......faded away for no apperent reason.
I suppose I feel that way about Bandanna Dee. I used to really want him in the game; however, I just do not seem to care any longer.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone think they will actually announce the winner or top 3 winners of this ballot? or is it whatever char we get will be influenced by the ballot ?

Question for everyone:
Wonder Red. He went from a frontrunner when the ballot was announced to just a nobody. His sucky sales don't help either.

I still support him but he is never happening </3

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Does anyone think they will actually announce the winner or top 3 winners of this ballot? or is it whatever char we get will be influenced by the ballot ?
Not really. I do not believe that the winner will necessarily be made playable either. Instead, they might announce Wolf or whichever other character they have been developing in the mean time and promise "more information to come, check back soon."

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
Not really. I do not believe that the winner will necessarily be made playable either. Instead, they might announce Wolf or whichever other character they have been developing in the mean time and promise "more information to come, check back soon."
I really hope for wolf to return. I think they should just stay with the contest and make the winner playable LET US EAT FAN SERVICE CAKE!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
That's up to Sakurai. He did get picked over Daisy as an assist trophy.
You're right, however Daisy was picked over Waluigi in Mario Kart 7 and, like @ Kenith Kenith said, Daisy appeared in something other than a spin-off title(Unless that's considered a spin-off). Either way, it at least gave us some sort of backstory to her character. I believe Daisy also appeared in a NES game as well(Not sure about Waaa).They're both probably in the same boat though. Personally, I don't like either too much, but I'm really not for The Man In Purple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom