• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK's infinite cargo.

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
DK can infinetely cargo some characters.
step 1: Grab
step 2: Forward throw (cargo hold)
step 3: Do nothing
step 4: Enemy escapes, then you regrab.

It works really well on some characters, while it's not that useful on others.
For example, Ness and Pikachu are easy, while Falco is hard.

It's not even an infinite on some characters.

Atsu

Smash Ace
Many people have already been doing this, mainly to get them closer to the ledge so they can stage spike or Cargo > Dthrow > Meteor. I don't believe it's chainable though. Most people that I've tried it on escape after a couple times. They're good players so they catch on quick :p.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
THIS IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO AN INFINITE ON ANY CHARACTER BUT NESS AND LUCAS. I have tested this myself against people

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
It works well on Pikachu, Wario, Ganondorf, Ness, Lucas... It works on some characters.

Not exactly an infinite, but a many cargo holds. like 7 or 8.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
It works well on Pikachu, Wario, Ganondorf, Ness, Lucas... It works on some characters.

no it doesn't, they can just press A after breaking out to stay out. if they do any move that is semi fast it happens before your grab and they will not trade hits/grabs.

this will not work more than 2x, let alone 7-8 times. trust me I have tried it on people, good .

Atsu

Smash Ace

7 or 8? Rofl. If anything, you can only do it 2-3 times, if you're lucky. If you're getting any higher, you're probably just playing bad opponents.

Listen to Ripple. He knows what he's talking about.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Its not really worth it, getting out of the cargo make take a little while and 6% isnt worth it. But if youre trying to get to the edge or something it'ss work fine

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
After retesting this I can confirm it works on NO ONE! Not even Ness or Lucas... Meh, hehe I guess using a CPU for a test subject isn't such a good idea...

magikguy

Smash Lord
meh i rather do the jab combo works really well for an extra 10 % . maybe if their caught off guard you can get a giant punch in

CBK

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Ripple unless you have a really good read and run over to them and grab them it won't chain unless it's Ness or lucas because of their escape animations. Otherwise DK could infinite that gigantic motha fukka DDD, Oh I would lol one day DK's one day.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Oh and it is infinite on Ness and lucas you just can't stand there turn around while your holding them so when they escape they can't DI away from DK. Then just watch where they turn and grab them, no seriously this works.

mmf

Smash Rookie
Hey CBK, can you explain that a little more, I'm having a little trouble figuring out what you're saying >.< sorry dude, probably just me. But we just grab them, then turn around, then after they break free (ness or lucus) we chase them to grab again? Or do you mean when we grab them at an edge of a stage then face outwards so they will try to DI back on to stage and then grab them there? Sorry that i'm confused >.<

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Well this is how it goes when you get them into cargo if they DI infront of you and mash jab they can get out but thats because your standing still. IF you turn Dk around while you have then gargoed the momentum is constantly changing as well as the direction they have to DI. So just regrab in the correct direction they di on and they can't get away cannon and you can do it to like 90 and then downsmash to kill them or punch guaranteed.

Top Bottom