• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Moveset Rankings

Veggi

Smash Champion
It takes 10-arm swings to get a fully charged Giant Punch (where DK has steam coming out of his head.)

People seperate it from a 9-wind punch because the 9-wind has more knock-back at the expense of being slower, doing less damage, and the absence of super armor.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Stupid noob question asked by a begginer DK-
whats 10 punch?
its when DK charges his punch all the way up, its when he's got that steaming puff above his head.

there is also 9 wind punch which is counting 9 *whooshes* before canceling it by pressing shield.

both sides have their ups and downs

10 punch
kills people at 100% almost no matter what
is faster by 8 frames compared to 9 punch
has super armor frames which means you won't flinch if your hit
does around 4% more damage

9 punch
kills people around 80% almost no matter what
no puffs above the head so it can be hard to see coming
less abusable if it hits a shield

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
Poor Ripple, getting blown apart by everyone. Sadly, they are right, DK's U-Tilt is excellent, quick decently powerful and can help stop some chars which can give us trouble. I love Dk's U-Tilt, as someone else said i also don't use it enough.
i hardly ever use it. it just annoys me that it has small range and it seems everytime i attempt to use it i forget how short it comes out and get punished. depending on the situation i usually either sh to bair/uair/nair.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
i hardly ever use it. it just annoys me that it has small range and it seems everytime i attempt to use it i forget how short it comes out and get punished. depending on the situation i usually either sh to bair/uair/nair.
SMALL RANGE!?!? Do yo unotice how long his arms are? Your gyping you DK out of an excellent move. Your timing is off is all, practice, it'll rack up some nice damage with some practice.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
comparing it to how long of a range ftilt and dtilit are it is. im used to that range but only time i really get to use utilt is on players like d3 and bowser, all the small characters i dont really use it.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Up tilts vertical range is amazing. It has more range directly above him than up smash. It's great for stopping aerial approaches like drills from above. It can hit people on the Yoshi's Island platform when it is fully tilted and they are at the highest point when up smash can't.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
what's a good way to combat olimar he's seems the most diffcult to play to me as dk?
get in his face and dont give him the spacing he likes (midrange)
use downb to your advantage, olimar has a very strong ground game, so downb will be a big help here
once hes airborne, you can use uair and bair to mess him up
and of course dont forget to edgehog him whenever possible

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
do i stop him from using the pikmin right? That's kinda hard to do
dont bother worrying about getting the pikmin when they latch on to you
the more pikmin you have on you, the less he can use his ridiculously good smash moves
if you've got pikmin latched on to you just charge ahead at him and attack him, you'll hit the pikmin off of you while hitting olimar, you'll probably even manage to kill off the weaker ones like the whites and yellows, giving him less range on his recovery and less attacking options til he lands to pluck more out. and when he does land to pluck more, punish with a downb

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Personally i think Nair shouldnt be so low. I use it all the time to edge hog.

Just jump a little below the ledge and do a rising Nair, its really good for bait gimping.

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
Word. B-air is awesome.

And n-air isn't that bad.

What do you do when an enemy is in front of you in the air, Fair? XD
It's also cool to use if you short hop towards an enemy instead of jumping backwards.
It's good fora tiny mix up IMO.

And xxmoosexx Imma try that.
Thanks.

But if they're damage is high an U-air can just launch them for the kill.
Time to experiment. LoL

Top Bottom