• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dk combo video, please contribute

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
I was talking to a friend of mine about the lack of dk players, and he came up with an idea. he told me that the DK population would boom if there was a big combo video with a bunch of dk players, which makes sense. So I'm announcing "Kong Tier" a multi person DK combo video.

If you have some awesome DK combo footage (or awesome gimps) and want to be part of this, tell me and I'll put you in. so far I got a minutes worth, gonna need a lot more than that

wii # 5073-8318-4559-6134
it might take me a bit to get all of yours, so be patient

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'll send you my match footage and replays, but I don't have a capture device. Send me a Private Message if we can exchange wii codes and friend codes

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Oh yes. I am ready to show my ****ing DK skills. By the way guys, you have to dtaunt everytime you pull off a kill. And when you do a gimp kill right after another kill, do a bunch of spot dodges too. itsthebigfoot, do you have a video capture device? I don't. But I would LOVE to send you some DK clips of mine. Message me for my im accounts.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
DK is the only character I play as where I almost NEVER taunt. Time between KOs is precious time to charge a giant punch.

Tx3Fate

Smash Cadet
Penguins is right.

But in all honesty, I sort of like that not that many people play DK. Its fun to play an unappreciated character who has potential.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I am totally in on this. I also have done Combo Video's before and can assist/help with the technical aspect of it all. =)

Update the thread title please.

Examples of my work-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8BiD77M3Hg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8kSWKjipxg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8yXpWwFT8w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoLDQlipWVQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9br4gOEt0
Those videos were cool. I love GG :)

As I said, if I can send my replays to people I have tons of good matches I'd love to have be involved.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
But in all honesty, I sort of like that not that many people play DK. Its fun to play an unappreciated character who has potential.
I totally agree! We must have the same wave length connecting our brains together or something.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
****, we didn't have recorders there but I just played against edge, ajax, and gimpyfish and got off some pretty good combos (repeatedly spiked ajax's snake)

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
I'm a DK main myself so I'm willing to contribute but I don't have a capture card or any other equipment like that. Would sending in videos via the Wii would help?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I got some great combos on people along with a few shield breakers so I'll upload them sooner or later

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
ok, tonight I'm going to find out my wii # and put it on the top post, also, my FC is 0130-1515-1316, my friend told me you need both, so I'm going with that just to be sure

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
ok, tonight I'm going to find out my wii # and put it on the top post, also, my FC is 0130-1515-1316, my friend told me you need both, so I'm going with that just to be sure
Awesome dude! I'm really excited for this project. If I can help in anyway feel free to tell me. I only have 1 college final this semester so I have tons of free time for a while here.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····

I'll send you about 10 clips as soon as you post your wii#. I'll post mine later,I need to sort the videos

EDIT: my wii#- 8734-4700-5295-4098

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
I'm eager to help, so please ask questions about Jahshaka/Premier whatev program your using. Avidmux helps A LOT too. I've got stuff to send too.

Man good luck straightening out peoples names. geez. That's lotsa work.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
and when all you loyal dk fans are done don't forget to submit it in my Combo Vid Thread, only a click away (in my sig)

Good luck... and i'm willing to help the second i find a good recording tool.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Wow I don't main DK but play him occasionally but you guys are awesome. Of all the character specific boards this is by far my favourite because you all are actually civil to eachother and work together for the good of the character and the evolving metagame. I wish the people on the Lucas board were as cooperative and intelligent as you all are. Keep at it.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Wow I don't main DK but play him occasionally but you guys are awesome. Of all the character specific boards this is by far my favourite because you all are actually civil to eachother and work together for the good of the character and the evolving metagame. I wish the people on the Lucas board were as cooperative and intelligent as you all are. Keep at it.
I find the Wario and Ganondorf boards are also really constructive. But ya, this board is awesome. I love how helpful everyone on this board is.

FiveLeafClover

Smash Cadet
I might record a few wifi matches as well, but they will be from my webcam (not directly from the TV).

Or I could just hope that I get enough bthrow off stage -> dair gimp kills to win before 3 minutes haha

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
minor problem, my friend with the capture card has 7 finals.
However, I only have one, and I've saved up enough spare change to get one, so I'll have a capture card in a week or so

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Awesomeness, I have some matches saved on my wii... PM me your wii code please and ill send them to you. My codes are under my name and in my sig ;)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
my wii code is on the front page, can you put up your sig because i can only get your brawl #

Just added my wii number below my name. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
do you have a preference on how long each clip should be

ajsmith401

Smash Apprentice
haha

****, we didn't have recorders there but I just played against edge, ajax, and gimpyfish and got off some pretty good combos (repeatedly spiked ajax's snake)
I guess i should have taken you a little more seriously, never heard of you before, so i let my guard down. and btw, ive now made a mental note to spike you with my f air next time we play in tournament, thats a promise ;) GGs

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
ajax, you're going to andehs right? i'll play you there, and keep trying on the spike, makes getting back on stage much easier for me :p

EDIT: no preference ripple, I'll sort through them to find all the good combos, then find an editor to cut out the rest

SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME DOUBLE EDIT: Kyle, mind editing?

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
yeah, once i get all the footage it should work well

EDIT: if you want a certain song, post it. all requests for linkin park will be ignored however, as will certain other overplayed youtube cliches

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I sat down and did a good number of matches today with my roommate, so I think I have a pretty decent selection of clips. All of them have some good combos and a few have some good Super Armored Punches. For music selections, should we possibly use more DK themed music? I was looking at OC Remix and I found a few good ones. (I'm still looking right now, I'll edit more in as the night goes on)

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01272/
http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00722/
http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01571/- MY FAVE :)

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I was thinking some pendulum or powerman 5000, but it might be cool for old school dk music, maybe we could work in some funk

edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6fYATW4Kyww&feature=related = good powerman 5000, maybe not there best fight song, but still good
Powerman is awesome!!! I saw them in concert once. So sweet. I already made my vote for DK music, but since bigfoot and kyle are doing a major portion of the work I feel you guys should make the final call. You already said no Linkin Park so it sounds like we are on a similar music frequency.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
I'm planning on making it long, this was my idea of it, everyone who puts in a long segment (3+ minutes) gets there own song (so long as it sticks with their segment and isn't linkin park) and a little intro, then we have the randoms, who get spliced together to dk music, and a list of the names, for general dk awesomeness

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I secondary DK, but I'd love to throw down some pain.

Song suggestions:
- Electric Six - Dance Commander (Great song)
- Tool - Jambi (I've used it in a movie before and it got a lot of positive feedback. Plus it's a brutal-*** song, and DK is a brutal-*** mofo).
- Jonathon Coulton - Code Monkey (Obvious reasons)
- Muppets version of Mahna Mahna - (For some reason seeing some Donkey Punches to this classic tune would make my life complete)
- Ram Jam - Black Betty (Yeah, I went there)

Lemme' know, I have all these songs so I could transfer them via AIM or something if you wanted.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning on making it long, this was my idea of it, everyone who puts in a long segment (3+ minutes) gets there own song (so long as it sticks with their segment and isn't linkin park) and a little intro, then we have the randoms, who get spliced together to dk music, and a list of the names, for general dk awesomeness
o.0

Well, do be assertive about HOW long, as Youtube only allows uploading for 100 MB's. File size can be an issue if your talking about a massive 15-20 compilation. Yeah guyz, I'm gettin pumped for this.

Tool is for real in my top 3 favorite bands, but there isn't much that get's you PUMPED withuot a significant build-up. Jambi was a great example. Everyone please consider song quality and PUMPage into the equation, as a good song that is not well know/pump enough will only get ragged on.

RamJam is seriously a good suggestion.
PM5K will do, but they suck live guys.
Zombie is pretty rugged and motivating.

I;m a big fan of pickign the song after the clips are collected.

Top Bottom