• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK can survive anything

Veggi

Smash Champion
Yeah I've been doing this a lot recently, it seems to help a lot.

Also coconut gun in Brawl would have been epic. Anyone know why Diddy only has one peanut gun in Brawl? Seems really stupid to me. Another charge projectile, come on seriously.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
@ daisho: i think the upb braking is much more practical and much less situational that the GFSC

@veggi: yeah 2 peanut popguns woulda been great

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
yeah, thats true, but its going to happen a lot less often than upb braking, thats all i mean when i say its more practical.

Luigi player

Smash Master
crifer, you don't need to dj since after the attack finishes you can use upB and since upB stops all momentum immediately it is much better than a dj. If you wouldn't need the upB brake the dj is better of course though, since you won't be helpless after using it.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Im using this alot more than i thought i would. I usually DI followed by a quick back air and up B. Depending on what stage im playing on of course.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Im using this alot more than i thought i would. I usually DI followed by a quick back air and up B. Depending on what stage im playing on of course.
Same here. It's funny to see my opponent start to put their controller down only to see me spinning my way to survival.

Of course, more often than not, I end up dying anyway.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I always try to use it, but most of the time the uair finishes too late :(

Just a little more time and DK would live forever lol. He should have a faster ending aerial ^^ but then he'd be broken.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Is his Uair faster than his Bair?

If DK has an item, he's way more ridiculous. It was just recently discovered that airdodges can start earlier than aerials/item-throws in hitstun. But airdodges can be cancelled by item-throws! So if you've got an item, airdodge > item-throw cancel the airdodge > up-B (or you might be able to avoid the up-B and just jump towards the stage). This lets you survive longer than just item-throw > up-B.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215117

That's the "little more time" you were asking for :bee:

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Is his Uair faster than his Bair?
The bair is faster and should be the one you are using.

The item throw thing has been known for awhile, I think. Kinda situational, especially considering whenever I manage to grab an item, it's over.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Really? It's not just that item-throw is better than Bair, it's that airdodge-cancelled item-throws are even better than that. Mebbe it's just new to me then lol :laugh: but it means the item examples in my bucket-braking video could have been even more ridiculous by up to 30%+.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
air dodges coming out quicker is somewhat old news, and if he doesn't have an item, bair still ends 6 frames quicker, so bair is usually best. we're really good when we grab items, so we'll rarely be knocked off like that, maybe in doubles, dk diddy team, get hit off with a banana and live

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah bair is better than uair, but it is not that easy to completely change direction... because you have to think about which direction you got sent and that you have to press the cstick in the opposite... well it's just easier to uair. I mostly don't use the cstick and just the controlstick and then it's easier/better to change the direction to up...

Top Bottom