• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJ Mirror & Azn Lep Presents: Arcadian II *Date Set: Oct. 2nd*

DJMirror

Smash Master
Bleh My bad johnny

Pnoy and Maple are the only people I NEVER chaingrab.

Except that one 1 small time with maple because we both wanted practice sheik dittos with chain grabs.

Everyone is ok to chain grab.

yes even you zhu.

SNG

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts

Pat: Thanks a lot for hosting the tournament. You did a great job as usual. Also, thanks for the support in my math against stab, sorry to disappoint!

Jason: It was nice talking to you for a bit! :D And my thanks and appreciation to you as well for co-hosting the tournament alongside Pat.

Strain: Good games! Your fox is legit, I hope we play again another time when you aren't feeling ill.

Combofest: You falcon is good, had me scared. Hopefully we play again.

Boss: Where was the money match!? Haha, ggs and good counterpick.

Stalin: Keep working at it!

Napa: Hope to see you at the next tourney! I'm sure you'll improve lots by then.

Doppleganger: Good games in both winners and losers, haha. That first game in winners on battlefield was ****.

Pnoy: I'm sorry you had to go link/roy, I hope you still had fun. :D

Connor: Your pikachu is really good. It's scary that it went even with my fox. I hope to play your peach next time.

Stab: Good job in the entire tournament :D I hope we play again in bracket next time.

Miguel/Nawnscents: Thanks for bringing your A game.

RusS0ul: Nice shiek, dude, I admit I kind of miss your marth though. Haha. See you next time.

Lanstar: Got in a few good friendlies with you.

It was nice meeting many of you and seeing old faces again.

My fellow UCSD Smashers: we need to help each other get better so we can deliver with even greater impact at the next tournament. :)

-Sunny (edit, lol.) And thanks connor. :)

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
such a great turnout! had fun while i was there, didnt stick around for singles...mainly cause i didnt wanna be there till like 1 a.m. lol. great seeing everyone!

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
Lanstar thinks he is just as technical as me
HA. just throwing that out there.
I probably am besides the fact I can't do sheiks reverse needle cancel ridiculously fast. I'm pretty sure there is no technical feet you can preform that I can not(alone vs a lvl 1 cpu). You do, however, play leagues more technical than I do in game vs actual people LOL.

Lanstar is always playing bad (according to himself), except these certain times when no one is around to see.
He's also PR top 10material when he's playing his best (according to himself)

Also throwing that out there.
You're pretty good Lanstar, but come on...
Hah.
I do sometimes play really well and there were people around to see it =D. Let me know if you want me to have them vouch for me xD. I don't play bad all the time at tournaments lol like 1 in 3 I play somewhat well and the others I play terrible haha.

As far as believing I'm top 10 material even if I'm not it's still a lot more encouraging for me to believe the potential/possibility is there to give me motivation to work towards it. Believing in myself blindly is starting to work for me and I don't think I'm hurting anyone by doing so lol

<3 Gsub

D

Deleted member

I probably am besides the fact I can't do sheiks reverse needle cancel ridiculously fast. I'm pretty sure there is no technical feet you can preform that I can not(alone vs a lvl 1 cpu). You do, however, play leagues more technical than I do in game vs actual people LOL.

I do sometimes play really well and there were people around to see it =D. Let me know if you want me to have them vouch for me xD. I don't play bad all the time at tournaments lol like 1 in 3 I play somewhat well and the others I play terrible haha.

As far as believing I'm top 10 material even if I'm not it's still a lot more encouraging for me to believe the potential/possibility is there to give me motivation to work towards it. Believing in myself blindly is starting to work for me and I don't think I'm hurting anyone by doing so lol

<3 Gsub
nobody plays their best in tournament

make ur b-game so **** that you don't have to be on your game to win

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
Out Shouts.

Zhu: ... :(

Kira: Man, you're great. gave us directions when we were lost n everything. It's good to play with you again!

Jkun: This event was outtasight. You and Pat were great at getting things done. I'm glad I was able to participate.

Pat: I don't know how you can run an event this large and keep everything in order, but you found a way. </respect>

Pnoy: You are SO on. ahaha I was half rooting for you just because my first main was Link =)

Connor: Maaaan, I wish we had played more. You n Cameron were sick in teams.

Stab: You really hold it down in teams and thanks for uploading all those videos even that HORRIBLE one with me as shiek lol. I saw you learn a lot of new tricks at this tourney. keep at that shield pressure.

HugQ: Doesn't matter whether it's Dunk's or at tournament, we never play! Unacceptable. let's fix that.

MacD: That Doubles Zelda was just.....wOw. Your ability to adapt to low tier chars is just a testament of your skill. good matches.

GSUB: Grats on being one of the few Puffs left in SoCal! We should play some 1 on 1 soon.

Hyprid:...your Fsmashes are good. stupid stupid stupid. but good. You've got a solid Marth onstage.

Pool #1: Good matches everyone I had fun playing you. Don't only go to SD tourneys!!

Ghostie: Glad me n Wes could give you one last hurrah before Vegas. You'll be missed, man.

And of course Westballz: It took you 4 and a half years to win your first tournament, but you couldn't have made a better impression doing it. you're the best teamate under pressure, and the best partner to practice with. ****** you keeps this game fun for me, so keep giving me reasons to improve :D

hugQ Cortex

Master
Wait, cyclone248i = 24 ?

Haha, we have played before at dunk's but you're right we def need to play more.

Also, i thought i played gsub in a few friendlies at the tourney but it was actually Combofest (i think) using gsub's tag. Trixies...

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
All the videos are up on my account http://www.youtube.com/user/stabbedbyahippie

I'll make a video thread later but time for shoutouts

Kevin: You're the best partner I could ask for. You were really clutch when we needed it and even if you made a couple mistakes, so did I. It's all good and we'll get even better. I say good **** for 2nd and we beat a lot of good teams on the way there.

Westballz: Omg, you're falco is so crazy fast and aggro. It really is amazing and I picked up a few things I saw you do. It was great playing you in 4 sets at this tourney and Grand Finals was super duper fun. Good **** and I'll get you next time haha

24: It was nice playing you in doubles. Good **** on that clutch win when we were both at 150%-ish lol. You're commentary during grand Finals was hilarious and made me feel like the sets were kinda professional XD

Cam: I'm not sure what else I can tell ya that we haven't already talked about irl but good **** against PBS and if you work on your marth game vs kevin or something, you'll **** that match up too (y)

Zoooo: Thanks for cheering me on against SK, it actually meant a lot to me :bee: I'd just like to note when you said "I guess I did kinda train stab" during one of my matches I remembered back to Genesis where I was about to MM Hax and he asked you if you train me a lot and you said something like "Actually no, not at all" lol. Also, GGs in tourney. It probably wasn't fun for you since you were restricted to such a bad character but you were doing some Axe-like stuff and barely play him. Good **** haha

Sunny - Dude, your fox is pretty ****. You definitely should have had me first match, I got soooooo lucky lol

Jack of Blades - i'll try to fix up the controller as soon as I get my hands on a triwing so I can give it to you at the next triweekly!

Cameron Noori - Wassssssup, it's good to see you at a tourney

Cameron Midgey - The restrictions on you were kinda hecka dumb lol

Dave - If you went Roy you coulda made it out of pools, Roy's like 100x easier to play as than link

Goerge - It was nice playing you in friendlies at the beginning of the tourney, quite a falco you have there!

Julian Cow - You coulda won had you entered lol. It was nice of you to come last minute and bring a full car =O

Pnoy/Kyle - Suuuup, you guys are the coolest lol

Lanstar - Sure, I'll MM you ^_^

Baka4moe- Interesting alias lol. You had a good peach and I definitely wasn't expecting that, good ****. I'd like to say that I think that the order of how good CPs are for falco vs peach is this Rainbow > Pokemon > Yoshi's.

Peligro - Oh man, you're peach was really good and I had never heard of it before. Makes me scared to think all these hidden good players are around lol. ggs in pools =D

Jason - Good job running the tourney, you probably had a good reason as to why you were late so I'm not gonna question it. After seeing SK 3 stock MacD's zelda, I think your idea of having good people enter as bad characters wasn't so bad after all lol

SK - GGs in tourney man, your falcon is really fast. Sorry I had to cut the set short lol

Rickety - That was kind of funny how we were standing right next to each other when our match was called lol. It was nice seeing you again and GGs in tourney

Russel - How are you so good with *****es that you can just walk up to any random girl and mack hella game?

Ekoli THE LEGEND - They say what defines a man is the way he gracefully flutters about the dancefloor

Marq - It's been too long man! Start playing Melee again!

Donovan - you were definitely sandbagging mad hard at arm wrestling but it's okay lol

Bryant - Short hair and hoodie suit you. I can't explain why!

Pat - Idk how you keep your cool so well when being a TO but I could learn a thing or two from you haha. Great tourney as always pat! Your GF is also mad cute, consider me envious lol

Connor - Did you enter singles?

Abyss - Fun matches in tourney man and I could have swore you played sheik but this is the first time I've played you after all (unless my memory deceives me)

Anthony - nice seeing you at this and you should have entered man! lol

Seng - Omg, it's been too long and it was nice seeing you again. It's a shame we didn't get to play but definitely next time!

Paul - Oh man, you're definitely one of my favorite smashers. You're falcon is getting mad good and you always cheer me on no matter who I'm playing. Good **** at this and hopefully you'll get that Sheik EXP you need!

The rest of Irvine - You know I love ya guys (no homo). Good stuff at this and I'm glad everyone is getting better and keeping 949 active =D

The rest of SD - I wish I could play you guys more often, you're all really cool and have interesting play styles. <3 SD lovin'

Everyone who was watching GFs - Omg, thank you guys. Thanks to all your Oooohs and Ahhhs I got mad confidence and was having so much fun!

Everyone else I played - It was fun for me and I hope it was fun for you haha. If I played you in Tourney/pools/doubles then GGs and I'm glad you guys help keep melee alive. <33

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
Well if you think you're the best, you'll think there's nothing left for you to learn.
But confidence is a good thing also.
Didn't say I thought there was nothing left for me to learn and if I honestly felt that way I'd probably quit lol. Just strongly believing that it's possible and I can do it. =D

@wes: I'm glad you find me amusing =P lol

baka4moé

Smash Champion
sweet I got a shoutout, thanks for the compliment and advice stab, and congrats! (good to see someone appreciates the alias lol)

This tournament was really fun! First big one I've ever been to, met a lot of great people! Hope to be at the next one!

Top Bottom