• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Spatman

Smash Ace
Gather round kiddo's as your old pal Cranky has got a Kongspiracy tale to tell all of you regarding Dixie as DLC and I feel she is extremely likely based on easier development and quick turnaround. In fact I predict Dixie will be the first DLC newcomer of the bunch.

- Dixie can be developed based on Diddy's model. No I'm not talking about an echo but using Diddy as a base to develop Dixie. Could be a semi-clone similar to Isabelle but a bit more unique than she is.

- A returning Jungle Hijinx but with the background thing gone and covered in Ice. The stage will now be called "Homecoming Hijinx" it's the quickest way to pump out the first DLC pack.

- We haven't seen many or any new Tropical Freeze music yet. They could easily rip a few tracks from Tropical Freeze and port them into Smash Ultimate.

-Tropical Freeze is relevant again due to the Switch port. Shame that the game got overlooked in both Smash games. Since Tropical Freeze came out too late into Smash 4's development I think it would've been on Sakurai's mind during Ultimate's development but obviously K.Rool took priority.

-We still don't know what Retro Studios is working on. Reggie and David of Ubisoft both hinted a new DK game is in development. Also Nintendo has specifically stated "Franchise's debut on Nintendo Switch" when they announced the Tropical Freeze port. So Dixie can be used as an "advertisement" for a hypothetical DK game to be announced at E3 2019.

-With all the love classic DKC is getting in Ultimate with remixes, tons of DK spirits, it's first assist trophy, and of course the Kremling King himself K.Rool added as a playable character due to ballot demand. If I was Nintendo I would capitalize all the DKC love and add Dixie as DLC because while a lot of the K.Rool fanbase is content with just K.Rool and aren't making much noise publicly for Dixie. Guarantee 90% of all those K.Rool supporters will buy Dixie even if they don't publicly show it simply because they love DKC.

But then again it's JUST a theory.....a KONG theory...thanks for reading!
this post sounds so painfully sensible and truthful... painfully because it won't happen (:sadeyes:), but it makes so much sense that for a second even a grumpy, grouchy pessimist like me believed it

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but it does seem that Diddy's tail attack is indeed gone.
Nairo mentions trying to do it but is unable.

Even though I never said the attack was definitely still there, we just didn't know, it still kind of feels like I "lost" in a way. But people were using it as evidence that Dixie would be an echo fighter and that's not the case regardless.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but it does seem that Diddy's tail attack is indeed gone.

Even though I never said the attack was definitely still there, we just didn't know, it still kind of feels like I "lost" in a way. But people were using it as evidence that Dixie would be an echo fighter and that's not the case regardless.
Interesting I wonder why they did away with Diddy's tail attack...at least that kick looks cool.

cybersai

Smash Ace
If the tail attack is gone it is possible some of Dixie's attacks were modeled after his even if she has new specials. A semi-clone will work fine. I don't see any reason they would remove Diddy's tail whip combo otherwise to be honest.

I do like the theory that Dixie may have originally been intended for an echo, then Sakurai changed his mind when he realized she didn't work as one, but didn't have time to complete her so she's saved for DLC. The fact that we could get a Tropical Freeze level adds to this. I guess it depends if Nintendo wants Tropical Freeze promotion, or if we're getting a third DKCR game next year but I don't know if that'll happen since Retro is rumored to be making a Starfox racer instead, so who knows.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
The DLC can take two paths: "missing" Nintendo All-star characters like Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, Elma, Geno, and Banjo

orrrr HEADLINE-GRABBING CRAZY THIRD PARTIES like Dante, Sora, Steve, Heihachi, and Banjo (Banjo fits both categories)

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr somewhere in between!

Which timeline will we fall under?

D

Deleted member

The DLC can take two paths: "missing" Nintendo All-star characters like Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, Elma, GENO, and Banjo

orrrr HEADLINE-GRABBING CRAZY THIRD PARTIES like Dante, Sora, Steve, Heihachi, and Banjo (Banjo fits both categories)

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr somewhere in between!

Which timeline will we fall under?
sorry but how is Geno a all star he was a sidekick in a game from 20 years ago and Banjo isn't remotely Nintendo

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
sorry but how is Geno a all star he was a sidekick in a game from 20 years ago and Banjo isn't remotely Nintendo
I agree with you on Geno, but Banjo's only two games that mattered were N64 titles, and everything done with him after being sold to Microsoft was absolutely garbage. He's an honorary Nintendo character as far as I'm concerned.

Super Mario RPG is good and all, but he's not even the main character of the game and is less important overall than Fawful to the Mario RPGs. He's just here because of his fanbase.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

Honestly, people were using everything they could to justify Echo Dixie. "Diddy doesn't have his tail attack? Clearly it's to make an easy Echo of his girlfriend!" "Diddy's trailer sounds like Dixie Beat! Clearly that means Dixie's an Echo! Nevermind it possibly being Bonus Room Blitz from DKC1!"

It sucks that the tail attack's gone though. I'll need to update the OP shortly.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
May I be added to the list of supporters? I admittedly only ever played Tropical Freeze out of all the DK games, but that one easily is my all-time favourite 2D platformer, and Dixie in particular (quite literally) carried me through a majority of the game. Even that aside, I can easily sympathize with the support for Dixie, since my own most wanted, Elma, was confirmed to be a Spirit yesterday. . . and yet, there's no music from Xenoblade Chronicles X in the game, with this series having only three games. Just how there's seemingly nothing from Tropical Freeze, if I'm reading the thread here correctly? Either way, with these recent Spirit developments, Dixie being one feels like it became less of an argument against her.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I agree with the notion that Dixie, and maybe playable Toad/Captain Toad, are the only really big Nintendo all-stars missing.

Banjo and Geno probably would have been in by Brawl if there wasn't legal red tape behind them. If Nintendo never sold Rare of course Banjo would have been in a long time ago, and I think if Geno was owned by Nintendo and not Square, Sakurai would have included him Brawl (possibly instead of Rob?), as the WTF character for the game.

Sakurai has constantly said it's a "tremendous hurdle" to get third parties into Smash, and given Square is stingy with its characters, and of course Microsoft initially had Banjo for 20 years and now probably wants to push Minecraft, is a reason those characters are tied up. And even then they're now pretty much just legacy characters since Geno is from a 25+ year old game, and Banjo's last big game people know him for was from 2000. I hope they happen for DLC, but if not, it's understandable why.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
and yet, there's music from Xenoblade Chronicles X in the game, with this series having only three games. Just how there's seemingly nothing from Tropical Freeze, if I'm reading the thread here correctly?
There are no music tracks for Xenoblade X in Ultimate so far, which was one of the two main reasons why Elma was considered to be such a strong contender for DLC.

As for Tropical Freeze tracks, I would be very surprised if there are not additional tracks to that game in Ultimate that were not in Smash 4 Wii U.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
There are no music tracks for Xenoblade X in Ultimate so far, which was one of the two main reasons why Elma was considered to be such a strong contender for DLC.

As for Tropical Freeze tracks, I would be very surprised if there are not additional tracks to that game in Ultimate that were not in Smash 4 Wii U.
. . .Ah, I messed up. I did mean to write that there's no music from Xenoblade X (especially since Spirit battles for X characters just use the original game's medley).

Anyway, I did check the list of confirmed music for Ultimate, and there's one track from Tropical Freeze, the Temple stage theme. And if I'm not mistaken, that theme is already a remix from previous games?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
. . .Ah, I messed up. I did mean to write that there's no music from Xenoblade X (especially since Spirit battles for X characters just use the original game's medley).

Anyway, I did check the list of confirmed music for Ultimate, and there's one track from Tropical Freeze, the Temple stage theme. And if I'm not mistaken, that theme is already a remix from previous games?
I mean of course, it's another rendition of Jungle Hijinx... :p But seriously I can't complain we got a TON of non-Jungle Hijinx DK music this time around. If that Snakey Chantey remix isn't posted on the Smash site tonight I'm going to.....wait patiently until the game is released so somone can upload it to youtube.

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet
I don't know if anyone knows this, but I was looking at GameXplain's video on spirits, and at the 9:42 mark, where it shows the female Wii Fit Trainer as a support spirit:

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
For those who haven't heard, Senjougahara_Hitagi said their info on the DLC is likely false and it will be a while before DLC info will trickle out: www.reddit.com/r/u_Senjougahara__Hitagi/comments/9yzt7h/z/ea72kkr

This means what we have left is Vergeben's info about a Square Enix character and Minecraft content (he mentioned Minecraft before E3, so it casts a bit of doubt that it is happening imo). "Steve is a guarantee" was started by Hitagi, so even that is now less likely. Katalina is basically dead now imo.

EDIT: They have since gone back and said that Steve is still legit, but everything else they said is likely red herrings. Who knows where their credibility stands at this point.

Last edited:

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anyone has any information on who the DLC characters are, including Verge. The DLC newcomers for Smash For weren't leaked at all aside from Ryu and Roy after being datamined, but that was completely Nintendo's fault (and I don't expect it to happen again).

I think leaks generally happen thanks to the CG trailers, which I don't think we'll get with the DLC guys,

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Still no tropical freeze music? Still no funky kong spirit?

Hmm...

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Still no tropical freeze music? Still no funky kong spirit?

Hmm...
You’re putting it in my head that now Funky could be in smash before Dixie?........ now thinking about it, that actually makes sense, considering Nintendo is Nintendo....

Vez

Smash Apprentice
Funky's Fugue is in the game and I doubt that's purely for Swanky. Donkey Kong even has a golden alt that looks similar to Funky. He likely has a spirit.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Funky's Fugue is in the game and I doubt that's purely for Swanky. Donkey Kong even has a golden alt that looks similar to Funky. He likely has a spirit.
This might be true, we haven't seen every spirit yet (not to mention that there's no clarification on spirits disconfirming characters yet) so let's not start any new theories just yet, we had enough of them during release.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I mean, yeah, if there's a Lanky and a Tiny and a Swanky Kong fight, there must be a Funky fight.

I wonder what Dixie or Dixie + Kiddy spirit fight would look like? Also, maybe when we see that, we might see whether more DKC3, DKC2, or DKCTF music made it in.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The amount of love the DK series is finally getting is cray. I really am happy for K. Rool, not just because of K. Rool himself, but because of the love for the entire series it has brought to Smash. This makes me so confident for Dixie in the future. I think we're going to lose it with how faithful she's going to be implemented.

Top Bottom