• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i think the only thing holding dixie back from dlc now is the idea that she's not a hype enough character for a lot of people to dish out $5.99 for her. which i can see the argument for, but i think she has enough fans to justify it, not to mention all the people who will buy her just to have a complete roster.

i just hope im right about this. i dont want this character to be doomed to a trophy/spirit for the rest of my life.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Besides third parties, most of the current requests are not big enough for DLC. Unless all 5 are third party, there should be 1 or 2 Nintendo reps there. And as I said if Rex didn't get in, there's no way a new Fire Emblem rep will because it seems Sakurai decided the 5 DLC's very early this time, so Rex's game which came out in 2017 couldn't get in, you won't see a 2019 Fire Emblem rep so nothing like Corrin this time. ARMS is out for the same reasons.

1. There's a Square rep. So it's Geno Vs. Sora Vs. DragonQuest. If Geno doesn't get in via DLC, he never will at this point.
2. Strong rumors of a Microsoft rep like Minecraft or Banjo, again they compete with each other for this slot.

Besides that there will likely be a Namco or Capcom rep for the other third party slot, I don't know who.

So that would leave two slots left over out of the character graveyard:

1. I don't think Bandana Dee is big enough for DLC
2. Captain Toad or Paper Mario remain the only other viable Mario reps, but after Piranha plant I don't think we're getting another Mario rep
3. Gen 8 Pokemon is possible, if only because Gamefreak could show Sakurai one ahead of time. Depends if any viable design existed around 2015/2016, maybe, maybe not.
4. With Skull Kid still an Assist, Zelda seems to be sitting out of new characters again. None of the Breath of the Wild Champions seem likely either.

Besides that there's really not much else. Dixie is the few to remain unscathed by an Assist. She could theoretically come with a Tropical Freeze stage. Who knows.

Whenever it comes to figuring out the roster I always use "the process of elimination" and then figure who is likely to get in, based on de-confirms, Assists, things Sakurai says, or timing of development. If it's not Dixie, who else? Unless all 5 are third parties.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
My hopes/predictions for the season pass:

Rex
Dixie Kong
Monster Hunter
Banjo
Waddle Dee

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
i think the only thing holding dixie back from dlc now is the idea that she's not a hype enough character for a lot of people to dish out $5.99 for her. which i can see the argument for, but i think she has enough fans to justify it, not to mention all the people who will buy her just to have a complete roster.

i just hope im right about this. i dont want this character to be doomed to a trophy/spirit for the rest of my life.
Well eventually people are going to have to pay for Piranha Plant so I think Dixie would be fine.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I think if there is no Tropical Freeze music in the base game, that bodes well for Dixie as Dlc. If there is, RIP. (since each dlc comes with music)

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Smash 4 had a few Tropical Freeze tracks. If only those same tracks are in Smash Ultimate at launch, then yeah, we don't have to worry too much.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think if there is no Tropical Freeze music in the base game, that bodes well for Dixie as Dlc. If there is, RIP. (since each dlc comes with music)
I'd say that only applies if there's a GLUT of new Tropical Freeze tracks.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm starting to feel pessimistic about Dixie's DLC chances unless they do more than 1 wave.

Maybe we should still do the social media campaign just w/ the expectation that we won't see the payoffs until the next Smash.

Maybe it doesn't have to be a campaign but more like a bigger version of this thread. A fan hub where people can share Dixie content or wider DKC content. But more public like on Twitter.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Smash doesnt feel ultimate without dixie :(

I really hope dlc will have at least 2-3 nintendo characters.

And dont worry about dixie is a sticker. Chrom is still in robins final smash xD thats even worse than being a sticker lol

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Smash doesnt feel ultimate without dixie :(

I really hope dlc will have at least 2-3 nintendo characters.

And dont worry about dixie is a sticker. Chrom is still in robins final smash xD thats even worse than being a sticker lol
It's going to look weird seeing Chrom beat himself up with Robin's final smash.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Besides third parties, most of the current requests are not big enough for DLC. Unless all 5 are third party, there should be 1 or 2 Nintendo reps there. And as I said if Rex didn't get in, there's no way a new Fire Emblem rep will because it seems Sakurai decided the 5 DLC's very early this time, so Rex's game which came out in 2017 couldn't get in, you won't see a 2019 Fire Emblem rep so nothing like Corrin this time. ARMS is out for the same reasons.

1. There's a Square rep. So it's Geno Vs. Sora Vs. DragonQuest. If Geno doesn't get in via DLC, he never will at this point.
2. Strong rumors of a Microsoft rep like Minecraft or Banjo, again they compete with each other for this slot.

Besides that there will likely be a Namco or Capcom rep for the other third party slot, I don't know who.

So that would leave two slots left over out of the character graveyard:

1. I don't think Bandana Dee is big enough for DLC
2. Captain Toad or Paper Mario remain the only other viable Mario reps, but after Piranha plant I don't think we're getting another Mario rep
3. Gen 8 Pokemon is possible, if only because Gamefreak could show Sakurai one ahead of time. Depends if any viable design existed around 2015/2016, maybe, maybe not.
4. With Skull Kid still an Assist, Zelda seems to be sitting out of new characters again. None of the Breath of the Wild Champions seem likely either.

Besides that there's really not much else. Dixie is the few to remain unscathed by an Assist. She could theoretically come with a Tropical Freeze stage. Who knows.

Whenever it comes to figuring out the roster I always use "the process of elimination" and then figure who is likely to get in, based on de-confirms, Assists, things Sakurai says, or timing of development. If it's not Dixie, who else? Unless all 5 are third parties.
A lot of hype can be generated by how a character's reveal trailer goes. Say for instance they introduce Ridley and K. Rool in the same calm way they introduced Isabelle. Only the diehard fans would be excited while everyone else goes "well, I guess they're in now". Now take Piranha Plant's reveal, and apply the flair that Ken and Incineroar got, and you'll have everyone downright excited to see what it can do and its troll factor would be outstanding.

Basically, I wouldn't worry about Dixie as a character bringing hype, I'd be more concerned over how her reveal trailer would be. If done right you'll have people who didn't care about her excited to play as her and seeing her in a badass light.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
well characters can fight themselves in smash anyway so i guess its not that weird if you think about it

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Well! I can safely say that Sakurai doesn't care about us at all judging by all the horrible decisions he's made!

No game modes In Ultimate except for the ****ty Smash Tour mini game (Known as World Of Light) and the ****ty Master Orders rip-off (Spirirts Mode)!

Making our favorite characters we wanted in the roster ****ing assist trophies!

Throwing in unwanted Veterans who still have anything unique about them (such as Young Link and Pichu)

Removing Trophies completely for ******** reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having no good unlockable content that worth playing through those two ****ty modes for (NOT EVEN NEW STAGES OR ALTERNATE COSTUMES)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throwing In A Worthless Plant with teeth on it that's a ****ty Wario echo that you have to pay 10/20 dollars for!

Judging by what Vergeben has said! Us getting some ****ty DLC character choices such an anime swordswomen who's game didn't even get a release on a Nintendo console, A ****ty, blocky Villager echo with nothing interesting about him (Steve From Minecraft), A Square Character that isn't Geno, Sora, Crono, A Dragon Quest Character, or anyone from a good game series Square produced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Online game play being just ****ty and awful as it was in Brawl!

I would stay away from the game if were you all and see about purchasing something better! As this will be the Death Of Super Smash Bros and the game will end up in a far worse position than Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite as this rate!!!!!!!!!!
not sure about all you said. you are a little bit too much salty ....

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well! I can safely say that Sakurai doesn't care about us at all judging by all the horrible decisions he's made!

No game modes In Ultimate except for the ****ty Smash Tour mini game (Known as World Of Light) and the ****ty Master Orders rip-off (Spirirts Mode)!

Making our favorite characters we wanted in the roster ****ing assist trophies!

Throwing in unwanted Veterans who still have anything unique about them (such as Young Link and Pichu)

Removing Trophies completely for ******** reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having no good unlockable content that worth playing through those two ****ty modes for (NOT EVEN NEW STAGES OR ALTERNATE COSTUMES)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throwing In A Worthless Plant with teeth on it that's a ****ty Wario echo that you have to pay 10/20 dollars for!

Judging by what Vergeben has said! Us getting some ****ty DLC character choices such an anime swordswomen who's game didn't even get a release on a Nintendo console, A ****ty, blocky Villager echo with nothing interesting about him (Steve From Minecraft), A Square Character that isn't Geno, Sora, Crono, A Dragon Quest Character, or anyone from a good game series Square produced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Online game play being just ****ty and awful as it was in Brawl!

I would stay away from the game if were you all and see about purchasing something better! As this will be the Death Of Super Smash Bros and the game will end up in a far worse position than Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite as this rate!!!!!!!!!!
You're cute.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong was really the only other character who felt like she should have made it this time, while others would have been nice to have. Zelda is long overdue for a new rep (which is why so many pushed for Skull Kid), Captain Toad could have happened, etc. But Dixie feels the only major one when I look at the roster and see something missing, because she's part of the core cast of the series.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The gold standard to find out whether being a spirit means anything for a hard deconfirmation for DLC is whether Bandanna Dee and Elma have appearances as spirits. Considering how many spirits are in the game, it would be extremely suspicious if they did not.

As I said before I am not optimistic on Dixie Kong's DLC prospects, but it is very strange that such a critical character has no notable role in Ultimate. Even Krystal, who has been gone from her series since 2006, managed to become an Assist Trophy. However, then again, Dixie Kong has been missing in games that she should not be missing in since 1997 (Diddy Kong Racing).

The only other series mainstay that comes to mind that had no major role in Ultimate is Bandanna Dee. As mentioned earlier, not even spirits have shown up for him.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So yeah... the more I sit on it, the more I feel good about Dixie Kong's chance.

Even if she misses the Season 1 DLC boat, I think we will almost definitely get Season 2 of DLC and probably a Season 3 (possibly with more characters). And she is a very strong candidate for both of those. So yeah... we should all just be calm, relaxed, ready to enjoy Ultimate, and getting hypers for Dixie Kong (but not sad if we don't get her).
We have all gone thru such an existential crisis before.

It is best not to judge.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
no assist trophy is GOOD NEW

Isaac is one ..

i supose we will get skull kid // geno // banjo // dixie and i dont know..
i just hope this is not only third party

Skull Kid is an Assist Trophy. Check the website's Assist Trophy section.

Edit: For some reason, I thought the post I was responding to was just posted. Disregard this post then.

Last edited:

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to be that guy but K. Rool has gotten an obscene amount of love for a 'dead' character. I truly wish to see Dixie to get the same treatment but to say DK as a series hasn't seen anything this game is a major oversight.

I know most DK fans will appreciate what we've got so far even if that isn't Dixie. In my mind she's safe and will be back next DKC game regardless. It's not 'so' important to get her into smash. Nonetheless she would still be nice and well deserved regardless

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To be honest I feel this Smash was the "end of the road" for a lot of old fan requests. A lot of these mid tier franchises with no rep at all are probably never going to happen at this point, its been 10+ years for some of them and they never did, by the next Smash it'll be even older. Sakurai seems to be very picky which characters he choose for Smash.

Only 6 newcomers got in. 3 of them were current gen characters (Inklings, Isabelle, Incineroar), 2 of them were huge fan requests (Ridley/K. Rool) The echoes were just whatever possible character was left, Daisy/Chrom/Dark Samus only got in as easy clones, and then the two third party echoes. Had we had a regular sized newcomer roster this game, we probably would have seen more requests get in.

The good thing about Dixie is she's a constant regular in a franchise that will never end or go dormant (Donkey Kong), so she always has the possibility of appearing in a future Smash. A lot of these other older characters are now from dormant or dead franchises that Sakurai constantly skips over, and given the sheer mass of assists, I doubt they will ever be playable. Ridley and K. Rool got in exactly because they're the main villains of their respective series.

As I said, Dixie is always going to be in the DK franchise, and the DK franchise will never end. So her possibility of getting in Smash is always there.
The future in regards to Smash Bros. absolutely cannot predicted, and neither can a lot of character futures.

Who would a week ago think a generic Mario enemy would be the next newcomer for the Mario series?

How many speculators thought that Shadow was a shoe-in for Ultimate?

Nothing is guaranteed.

It could be very easy for Dixie Kong to be a character that made her last appearance in Tropical Freeze.

Also, it is hubris to say that so many characters had their "last chance" with Ultimate. Most speculators thought that Brawl was Dark Samus's best chance of ever getting in. By 2018, she had by far the least amount of supporters for any prospective fourth character between Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Star Fox. However, due to special circumstances, Dark Samus ended up being the only one playable out of Dixie Kong, Bandanna Dee, and Krystal, despite her last game appearance being in 2007.

Dixie Kong historically has missed many critical games in the DK series that haunt her to this day. Despite being Diddy Kong's girlfriend and main sidekick, she was not in Diddy Kong Racing (the original release back in 1997). She missed out in making an appearance in Donkey Kong 64, which meant that most the people who grew up with the 64 and GameCube as their primary Nintendo consoles were not exposed to her at all, and arguably one of the main reasons why her popularity is not higher than it is now (a lot of her most passionate fans tend to skew older unfortunately).

She missed out on Jungle Beat and Country Returns as well, which did hurt her a lot.

Do not treat anything as a guarantee, especially in regards to character support and prospects.

By the same token, do not say, "this character will never have a chance of making it in" especially after what has happened with Ultimate.

Look at Toad. That is a character with no good reason not to be in yet, yet he is still not playable, and is very likely behind both Waluigi and Geno in terms of becoming playable because he does not have legions of passionate social media and forum posting fans.

Dixie Kong fans have their work cut out for them. She has amazing history and legacy, and she is among the few icons not only to be not be playable, but lack any sort of substantive role yet in the Smash Bros. series. That is a very big red flag that Sakurai might very well view the character as "non-essential". He might very well see Dixie Kong as "girl Diddy" and thus never thought to revisit her after his idea of tag-team Diddy & Dixie did not work.

I do not plan to stick around much longer for the Smash Bros. speculation fanbase (I am not planning to do speculation for the DLC phase of this game), however, I will say this, Dixie Kong's inclusion into Smash Bros. is far from guaranteed, and much like K. Rool's resurrection came about from fan passion, it will very much be up to the passion of Dixie's fans that make sure that she even has a notable role in Smash Bros. in the future as well as continuing to be a critical actor in the Donkey Kong franchise.

Its time for Dixie Kong fans to put on a beret (pink) and get ready for a long war.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Unless all five DLC characters are third-party (which is certainly possible, but I doubt it), we definitely will have at least 1-2 Nintendo characters. Because of all the AT sacrifices, Dixie is now one of the very few notable all-stars left, so I think her odds are looking really good. Her and Bandana Dee are the two frontrunners in my opinion.

And like the poster above said, the DLC was decided early, so we don't need to worry about any Xenoblade 2, ARMS, FE Three Houses, or Gen VIII Pokemon reps as competition.

Either way, I think we can finally consider the Dixie echo debate settled. If she gets in, she will absolutely be a unique character. At worst she'll be in an Isabelle situation where she uses Diddy as a base and but is extremely different overall.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone shown off all the Diddy skins yet from that Spain event?

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Has anyone shown off all the Diddy skins yet from that Spain event?
Not yet though like I said many times before Pink Diddy won't cause any issues with Dixie being included. Don't understand why anyone thinks this when Dark Pit and Pit shares alt colors of each other and they have the same design.

Besides he's most likely going to have it anyway.

Last edited:

Vez

Smash Apprentice
Actually yeah, this is a very solid theory. If there isn't a single new arrangement of a Tropical Freeze track in the base game then that might actually be a big hint that she will be playable. If there's even a couple though then I'll probably just move on. At the very least I feel like we'll have some idea of her fate when the game finally releases.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
So, here's my thoughts on the direct.
Ken and Incineroar's reveals were good; the cinematics were dope, both their movesets look fun and distinct, and in Ken's case, he really exemplifies all the good things about Echoes and he's the most high-profile character of all in that category. He even outshines a lot of non-Echoes in starpower. It's GREAT that he's in and true to his character; obviously I don't want Dixie to be an Echo, as even in her 1st game she was much more than a Diddy palette swap, and her animations and abilities showed that from the get go. Sakurai pointing out that Ken is THE original Echo Fighter and Luigi's THE original Echo Character would bode well for Dixie, as she differed from Diddy immediately, and not just in appearance. Her having so much distinction during a time when Nintendo would happily (and still does) introduce a glorified palette swap as a new character is remarkable, as Dixie's sprites and animations show.
Now then, we move onto Spirits, and I'm gonna be 100% candid: It looks boring and completely un-fun. It's not simply because we fans decoded the blurry pic in August and let our imagination/hype get the better of us, because even if we didn't the mode still comes across as a glorified sticker fight. It's completely wack from what we've been shown, and the excitement from Ken and Incineroar started to die down fast; in fact, the more Sakurai went on about it the less excited I was for the whole damn game. I have Smash 4 but never played Smash Tour, and sadly this mode would share the same fate if I wasn't willing to try it just so I can be sure that it sucks--that way I can say I tried it as I trash it confidently. What shocked me however, is the fact that Trophies are basically 90% gone. I didn't realize that even rendering trophies took up valuable development resources, and I'm not being sarcastic as I'm genuinely surprised. If it wasn't for all the other content in the game I'd start to suspect it was rushed, but I know better. Obviously, Dixie stuck out to us, and IDK what her being here "in spirit" means, as it is a "brand new" feature/mode, and spirits are--sorry to say it--"lazy trophies" so I'm treating them as such. I wouldn't let Dixie's Spiritual Presence get in the way, it just means we need to have Sakurai recover her body so he can put it where it belongs. Her being a spirit has little bearing on me, but something else does.
Then we had a new round of ATs. Isaac got upgraded, but he's still Assisting; Shadow seemed to be gone for so long only to be back as an AT with prettier animations, and apparently Skull Kid isn't crashing the select screen either, so those chairs from August mean nothing. Surprised to be honest; those fanbases waited so long just for that to happen. Seeing Springman as an AT was unexpected, and Sakurai's comments on Rex confirmed what many of us thought: the recent stars missed their deadline and ATM Mii Fighters will be the consolation prize. Luckily Dixie's not in the lineup, but I'm getting tired of waiting/hoping. She's not in the game, but maybe she could be; she hasn't been deconfirmed and there's no Tropical Freeze content, but there's no guarantee there will be or that she'll even come with it. Personally I'm caring less as time passes, either give a hard deconfirm so I can move on with my life or put her in so I can move on with my life, otherwise I'm gonna get frustrated and move on with my life.

IDK if y'all are familiar with the Indoctrination Theory from Mass Effect, but I don't have it in me to wait too long for gaming stuff anymore. I wanted Bioware to just outright confirm or deny it--which they haven't to this day--so we can put it to rest and stop speculating, and that's how I'm feeling about Dixie. As I get older my patience has shriveled up; the teenage/young adult me didn't mind waiting for long periods of time, but the current me cackles at the idea. We're supposed to be more patient as we get older, but that's not true for me.
As for DLC, it's to be expected, but it seems that these 5 fighters were already planned. Could Dixie be one of them? Absolutely no idea, but if I had to guess the 5, it'd be:
-Geno, cuz Sakurai wants him
-Banjo & Kazooie, due to the solid terms with Microsoft
-Rayman, due to the exceptional relationship with Ubisoft
-Bandana Dee, since Kirby is Sakurai's baby and he has much more clout than Piranha Plant
-Dixie, because I want her in.
This is where our crossroads is; if they've already decided then there's no point in campaigning for this wave, because she'll either be in regardless or she won't be. If we do nothing then we miss a potential chance and feel like idiots for not speaking up when we should've, or we find out in 2020 that we wasted our time and could've done far more productive things both in gaming and IRL. I'm hesitant to step forward, but yknow what....**** it I say let's campaign anyway. I'll go into detail about that later on.
Speaking of DLC, let's talk about our bonus character. I'm not impressed, and I'm barely amused. Not upset either since it's "optional free (limited time)" DLC, so I won't be playing as it so much as fighting it when it shows up online, but damn is this the joke character king of Smash. Dethroned Pichu in a matter of minutes and seems to be Sakurai's biggest troll yet. I realized with Olimar's reveal back in Brawl that any character can have a moveset and be playable, but I always expected characters to be in, and honestly this plant isn't a character. It's an obstacle, with a moveset that pulls in the talents of other obstacles of its kind, then calls in an actual character for its Final Smash. Will it be fun to play as? Probably, and I look forward to learning its ins and outs as I fight it, but damn it seems that Toad, Waluigi, Fawful, etc got passed over for something nobody ever asked for. I never expected the Troll character to be "another Mario character" as we have a lot already: 9 if we count Daisy. This choice makes me wonder if we'll get Mario Kart-tier selections going forward, as it breaks our understanding of who is playable yet AGAIN, and it kinda lowers the bar. Did Sakurai consider making Klaptrap playable?

I'm torn about the plant because if I get upset, then it succeeds in getting the intended reaction from me. As a troll it's meant to piss off the hardcore speculators playfully and firmly let us know that Smash Speculation isn't as serious as we think it is. But at the same time, wouldn't a random character from a series that's not in the spotlight both in and out of Smash be just as shocking and mindblowing?
Also, the Online Mode makes me suspicious. Smash 4's was a vast, VAST improvement over Brawl's by a huge margin, but Ultimate's seems to be '**** it, we'll put you in the stream and see how you mold with it'--that implies little structure to me. I don't want to run into the joke/troll players who do Taunt Party shenanigans; that stuff formed because Brawl's online sucked so bad that acting stupid was literally the ONLY way to have fun, and I enjoyed it then because there was no other choice. I wanna have a good fight, and in Smash 4 I found TONS of that and barely any bad matches, both connection-wise and skilled players-wise. I really hope Ultimate borrowed more from Smash 4 than whatever it seems like they did.

New Support Buddies Inbound! Please say hello to:
SigmaMewtwo SigmaMewtwo
Questionmark222 Questionmark222
Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy
WolfCypher WolfCypher
Ridley_Prime Ridley_Prime

Glad to have y'all aboard! We're at a crossroads with Dixie speculation, but it's always good to have new members.

Now, let's talk about Dixie and DLC. Here's my understanding: whether or not Dixie's in this wave it's pointless to think that we'll affect whether she's in that particular set. It's likely been decided already and now only time will tell. Dixie's got a lot going for her: strong resume, prototype in Brawl, relevant during the project plan, and as we've just learned, not only avoided definite deconfirmation but also is one of the few to avoid that fate. There are very few known..."competitors" for lack of a better word, so Dixie's situation is far from hopeless. It seems the best we can do nowadays is show that Dixie has a strong, not-toxic fanbase that would like her to be in Smash as well as a mainstay in DK games.

So, what we need are avenues on various forms of social media. We've got Sabertooth Sabertooth poised to take up the Twitter mantle, but that's literally only one. We still need people willing to start Dixie fanclubs on:
Tumblr (careful what you accept there)
Instagram
YouTube
Imgur
Reddit
GameFaqs (*shudder*)
Facebook
Discord
DeviantArt (MASSIVE shudder; be VERY picky about what you allow into that group because it can get creepy quickly)
etc (volunteer the name of whatever site)

Now then, in order to designate people, simply tag me and say you want that site. It's best to make a compelling post as well; that way you'll be making your case for all to see and decide that you're the best fit. If multiple people want the same spot, they'll all make a compelling post and we'll tally the upvotes to determine who gets that contested avenue. I'll make a section in the OP that links directly to your posts AND bring everyone's attention to it; that way they can read and decide for themselves if you're right for the task. Sound good?

Oh, and if not many people take up the task then I will say forget it and move on with my life. This is my last hurrah and once it's done, I'm just gonna make movesets for characters whether they're likely to appear in Smash or not (like Ratchet, Clank or Aloy or Globox) as a side hobby, and post it in a dormant thread. So, my deadline for everyone is December 31st. The goal is to show that Dixie has a large fanbase and that she's more important than some may think. Exemplify why she's not Diddy in Drag and what she offers thanks to her 5th limb. If this fizzles out, then personally I've had a good run, and I will be fine with stepping down.

John Dylan Smith John Dylan Smith Normally, I'd be all "Maybe don't do that" but y'know what, I say vent if you feel like it. Just keep it from being toxic and hateful towards any particular person.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I just love the fact that Dixie never got stuck in Assist trophy hell in 3 games time. Sure it may have represented her, but it seems once you get stuck there you never get out with rare exceptions (Little Mac, Dark Samus and Isabelle), and even then Dark Samus only made it as an easy echo. Punchout got a new game on Wii, and Isabelle became the main mascot of Animal Crossing.

Dixie somehow survives every Assist trophy massacre, even if she never becomes playable. It makes me think Dixie is always on Sakurai's mind, because any character he deems not playable worthy he sends to Assist trophy hell and keeps them there forever.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
So, here's my thoughts on the direct.
Ken and Incineroar's reveals were good; the cinematics were dope, both their movesets look fun and distinct, and in Ken's case, he really exemplifies all the good things about Echoes and he's the most high-profile character of all in that category. He even outshines a lot of non-Echoes in starpower. It's GREAT that he's in and true to his character; obviously I don't want Dixie to be an Echo, as even in her 1st game she was much more than a Diddy palette swap, and her animations and abilities showed that from the get go. Sakurai pointing out that Ken is THE original Echo Fighter and Luigi's THE original Echo Character would bode well for Dixie, as she differed from Diddy immediately, and not just in appearance. Her having so much distinction during a time when Nintendo would happily (and still does) introduce a glorified palette swap as a new character is remarkable, as Dixie's sprites and animations show.
Now then, we move onto Spirits, and I'm gonna be 100% candid: It looks boring and completely un-fun. It's not simply because we fans decoded the blurry pic in August and let our imagination/hype get the better of us, because even if we didn't the mode still comes across as a glorified sticker fight. It's completely wack from what we've been shown, and the excitement from Ken and Incineroar started to die down fast; in fact, the more Sakurai went on about it the less excited I was for the whole damn game. I have Smash 4 but never played Smash Tour, and sadly this mode would share the same fate if I wasn't willing to try it just so I can be sure that it sucks--that way I can say I tried it as I trash it confidently. What shocked me however, is the fact that Trophies are basically 90% gone. I didn't realize that even rendering trophies took up valuable development resources, and I'm not being sarcastic as I'm genuinely surprised. If it wasn't for all the other content in the game I'd start to suspect it was rushed, but I know better. Obviously, Dixie stuck out to us, and IDK what her being here "in spirit" means, as it is a "brand new" feature/mode, and spirits are--sorry to say it--"lazy trophies" so I'm treating them as such. I wouldn't let Dixie's Spiritual Presence get in the way, it just means we need to have Sakurai recover her body so he can put it where it belongs. Her being a spirit has little bearing on me, but something else does.
Then we had a new round of ATs. Isaac got upgraded, but he's still Assisting; Shadow seemed to be gone for so long only to be back as an AT with prettier animations, and apparently Skull Kid isn't crashing the select screen either, so those chairs from August mean nothing. Surprised to be honest; those fanbases waited so long just for that to happen. Seeing Springman as an AT was unexpected, and Sakurai's comments on Rex confirmed what many of us thought: the recent stars missed their deadline and ATM Mii Fighters will be the consolation prize. Luckily Dixie's not in the lineup, but I'm getting tired of waiting/hoping. She's not in the game, but maybe she could be; she hasn't been deconfirmed and there's no Tropical Freeze content, but there's no guarantee there will be or that she'll even come with it. Personally I'm caring less as time passes, either give a hard deconfirm so I can move on with my life or put her in so I can move on with my life, otherwise I'm gonna get frustrated and move on with my life.

IDK if y'all are familiar with the Indoctrination Theory from Mass Effect, but I don't have it in me to wait too long for gaming stuff anymore. I wanted Bioware to just outright confirm or deny it--which they haven't to this day--so we can put it to rest and stop speculating, and that's how I'm feeling about Dixie. As I get older my patience has shriveled up; the teenage/young adult me didn't mind waiting for long periods of time, but the current me cackles at the idea. We're supposed to be more patient as we get older, but that's not true for me.
As for DLC, it's to be expected, but it seems that these 5 fighters were already planned. Could Dixie be one of them? Absolutely no idea, but if I had to guess the 5, it'd be:
-Geno, cuz Sakurai wants him
-Banjo & Kazooie, due to the solid terms with Microsoft
-Rayman, due to the exceptional relationship with Ubisoft
-Bandana Dee, since Kirby is Sakurai's baby and he has much more clout than Piranha Plant
-Dixie, because I want her in.
This is where our crossroads is; if they've already decided then there's no point in campaigning for this wave, because she'll either be in regardless or she won't be. If we do nothing then we miss a potential chance and feel like idiots for not speaking up when we should've, or we find out in 2020 that we wasted our time and could've done far more productive things both in gaming and IRL. I'm hesitant to step forward, but yknow what....**** it I say let's campaign anyway. I'll go into detail about that later on.
Speaking of DLC, let's talk about our bonus character. I'm not impressed, and I'm barely amused. Not upset either since it's "optional free (limited time)" DLC, so I won't be playing as it so much as fighting it when it shows up online, but damn is this the joke character king of Smash. Dethroned Pichu in a matter of minutes and seems to be Sakurai's biggest troll yet. I realized with Olimar's reveal back in Brawl that any character can have a moveset and be playable, but I always expected characters to be in, and honestly this plant isn't a character. It's an obstacle, with a moveset that pulls in the talents of other obstacles of its kind, then calls in an actual character for its Final Smash. Will it be fun to play as? Probably, and I look forward to learning its ins and outs as I fight it, but damn it seems that Toad, Waluigi, Fawful, etc got passed over for something nobody ever asked for. I never expected the Troll character to be "another Mario character" as we have a lot already: 9 if we count Daisy. This choice makes me wonder if we'll get Mario Kart-tier selections going forward, as it breaks our understanding of who is playable yet AGAIN, and it kinda lowers the bar. Did Sakurai consider making Klaptrap playable?

I'm torn about the plant because if I get upset, then it succeeds in getting the intended reaction from me. As a troll it's meant to piss off the hardcore speculators playfully and firmly let us know that Smash Speculation isn't as serious as we think it is. But at the same time, wouldn't a random character from a series that's not in the spotlight both in and out of Smash be just as shocking and mindblowing?
Also, the Online Mode makes me suspicious. Smash 4's was a vast, VAST improvement over Brawl's by a huge margin, but Ultimate's seems to be '**** it, we'll put you in the stream and see how you mold with it'--that implies little structure to me. I don't want to run into the joke/troll players who do Taunt Party shenanigans; that stuff formed because Brawl's online sucked so bad that acting stupid was literally the ONLY way to have fun, and I enjoyed it then because there was no other choice. I wanna have a good fight, and in Smash 4 I found TONS of that and barely any bad matches, both connection-wise and skilled players-wise. I really hope Ultimate borrowed more from Smash 4 than whatever it seems like they did.

New Support Buddies Inbound! Please say hello to:
SigmaMewtwo SigmaMewtwo
Questionmark222 Questionmark222
Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy
WolfCypher WolfCypher
Ridley_Prime Ridley_Prime

Glad to have y'all aboard! We're at a crossroads with Dixie speculation, but it's always good to have new members.

Now, let's talk about Dixie and DLC. Here's my understanding: whether or not Dixie's in this wave it's pointless to think that we'll affect whether she's in that particular set. It's likely been decided already and now only time will tell. Dixie's got a lot going for her: strong resume, prototype in Brawl, relevant during the project plan, and as we've just learned, not only avoided definite deconfirmation but also is one of the few to avoid that fate. There are very few known..."competitors" for lack of a better word, so Dixie's situation is far from hopeless. It seems the best we can do nowadays is show that Dixie has a strong, not-toxic fanbase that would like her to be in Smash as well as a mainstay in DK games.

So, what we need are avenues on various forms of social media. We've got Sabertooth Sabertooth poised to take up the Twitter mantle, but that's literally only one. We still need people willing to start Dixie fanclubs on:
Tumblr (careful what you accept there)
Instagram
YouTube
Imgur
Reddit
GameFaqs (*shudder*)
Facebook
Discord
DeviantArt (MASSIVE shudder; be VERY picky about what you allow into that group because it can get creepy quickly)
etc (volunteer the name of whatever site)

Now then, in order to designate people, simply tag me and say you want that site. It's best to make a compelling post as well; that way you'll be making your case for all to see and decide that you're the best fit. If multiple people want the same spot, they'll all make a compelling post and we'll tally the upvotes to determine who gets that contested avenue. I'll make a section in the OP that links directly to your posts AND bring everyone's attention to it; that way they can read and decide for themselves if you're right for the task. Sound good?

Oh, and if not many people take up the task then I will say forget it and move on with my life. This is my last hurrah and once it's done, I'm just gonna make movesets for characters whether they're likely to appear in Smash or not (like Ratchet, Clank or Aloy or Globox) as a side hobby, and post it in a dormant thread. So, my deadline for everyone is December 31st. The goal is to show that Dixie has a large fanbase and that she's more important than some may think. Exemplify why she's not Diddy in Drag and what she offers thanks to her 5th limb. If this fizzles out, then personally I've had a good run, and I will be fine with stepping down.

John Dylan Smith John Dylan Smith Normally, I'd be all "Maybe don't do that" but y'know what, I say vent if you feel like it. Just keep it from being toxic and hateful towards any particular person.
I think honestly we should just stick with Twitter and Facebook or just Twitter cause Facebook is mostly for old people now. Twitter has more video games fans too.

It's better not to spread the fanbase too thin. I think we should concentrate the fans on one platform instead.
In fact, instead of Facebook, Youtube would be better. But it's not entirely necessary.

Last edited:

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Well, Daisy, just normal Daisy, was shown as a spirit on a recent demonstration Sakurai did at a kids tournament. So like it was thought, spirits don't mean anything re: playable characters.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
BirthNote BirthNote , you can go ahead and create the Twitter account then give me the password to run it. I don't really any ideas for the username or description or anything, but I have plenty of ideas for content.

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet

So I drew an image of Dixie and Travis talking about Smash. It's not the best drawing, but I'm gonna improve on it. What do ya'll think? Feel free to mess around with it.....but do credit me.....

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Not yet though like I said many times before Pink Diddy won't cause any issues with Dixie being included. Don't understand why anyone thinks this when Dark Pit and Pit shares alt colors of each other and they have the same design.

Besides he's most likely going to have it anyway.
I understand that if it's still in the game that doesn't disqualify her from future DLC. What I'm getting at is, if it's missing from the game, that would be evidence for her future inclusion.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I understand that if it's still in the game that doesn't disqualify her from future DLC. What I'm getting at is, if it's missing from the game, that would be evidence for her future inclusion.
If she's not in the base game there's no reason not for him to have a pink costume besides that it doesn't really resemble Dixie from a passing glance.

The reason why Dark Samus and possibly Daisy colors were removed from Samus and Peach's line up because of their outfits and designs are pretty much identical to the color scheme.

Diddy and Dixie not only wear different outfits from each other but also has different body parts from each other. 99% of me believes he still has that color since only a few characters got new ones(mostly the ones that were already shown) everyone else got the same colors from the previous game. That's like saying Spider Man in black would debunk Venom despite their obvious differences. This whole costume theory should end just like Diddy's jab combo theory, it doesn't really mean anything.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Diddy's always had the pink skin though. Are you telling me if it was suddenly missing that wouldn't be strange?

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Diddy's always had the pink skin though. Are you telling me if it was suddenly missing that wouldn't be strange?
I just said he probably still has it already and I just said it doesn't really look like Dixie that much, besides that Diddy doesn't have many other costumes to choose from. This is just like the Diddy jab combo theory again.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hz44BlBVhdQ

Just found the video with all the colors, Pink Diddy still exist. Apparently the video was taken down for some reason but my info is still confirmed but like I said Dixie can still be dlc even if Pink Diddy is still available.

Last edited:

Flarestorm

Smash Rookie
I can't believe that after five games an important character like dixie is still not playable.... I was almost sure that she would finally make it in ultimate
(Dixie supporter from Italy, so sorry for my bad english)

Last edited:

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet
Just found the video with all the colors, Pink Diddy still exist. Apparently the video was taken down for some reason but my info is still confirmed but like I said Dixie can still be dlc even if Pink Diddy is still available.
I saw it too.
At this point, I think that Dixie doesn't have a lot of chances to be in the game as DLC but… who knows?
I can't believe that after five games an important character like dixie is still not playable.... I was almost sure that she would finally make it in ultimate
(Dixie supporter from Italy, so sorry for my bad english)
Welcome, italian fellow :)

Top Bottom