• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Nintendo64isking

Smash Rookie
what would be great for nintendo to do is a follow up to DKC Tropical Freeze. I'd like a story where the snowmads and kremlings hatch a plan to get revenge on the Kongs, but this time your on the offensive taking the fight to K Rool and Frederick on their islands ;)

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
what would be great for nintendo to do is a follow up to DKC Tropical Freeze. I'd like a story where the snowmads and kremlings hatch a plan to get revenge on the Kongs, but this time your on the offensive taking the fight to K Rool and Frederick on their islands ;)
I like Fredrick and wouldn't mind seeing him as a boss of a snow world but the next DKC game needs to focus solely on K.Rool and the Kremlings again IMO. They need to fully embrace and supplant themselves as the true/MAIN villains of the DK series again. Not to mention it would feel extremely cheap and unfair to K.Rool and his fans to have to share the spotlight with a one-off villain after being gone for 10 years.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The Switch has been Nintendo's best console in years for me. Then again, I'm more inclined to play portable games nowadays than console ones.

I love Smash too much to not buy it, but I did hesitate slightly if this turned out to be a Smash 4 port. Snake, Wolf, and Ridley confirmed my purchase at E3, and K. Rool (with the August Direct in general) turned it into the best 60 bucks I ever spent.

If this leak is real? I dunno man, I might contribute to Sakurai's Patreon or something. Get that man a promotion.
Not only Sakurai deserves a promotion, but he also deserves a long a** vacation after Ultimate.
I like Fredrick and wouldn't mind seeing him as a boss of a snow world but the next DKC game needs to focus solely on K.Rool and the Kremlings again IMO. They need to fully embrace and supplant themselves as the true/MAIN villains of the DK series again. Not to mention it would feel extremely cheap and unfair to K.Rool and his fans to have to share the spotlight with a one-off villain after being gone for 10 years.
Don't you mean 12 years if we are counting the DK spin off games or 19 years if we are counting the mainline DK games? I know K. Rool's last appearance before Ultimate was Mario Super Sluggers, but that game wasn't part of the DK series.

Last edited:

Machete

Smash Ace
Machete Machete is making a reference to Bomberman's reveal as an Assist Trophy (callously ripping open the wounds of diehard Bomberman fans (yes, I am still bloody salty!!)).
You just have to take a look at my profile pic to know I too know the curse of the YEP'D

cybersai

Smash Ace
I really wish Dixie got into the Mario Kart and sports games too, that would have given her more prominence among casual fans. Oddly enough even Diddy Kong isn't in Mario Kart 8 though, although he's in Mario Tennis Aces.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
im always conflicted about dk characters in mario spinoffs because on one hand its great having these characters make more appearances and it exposes them to an audience that might otherwise not even know about them, but at the same time it further perpetuates the belief that dk is just a lowly side series to mario

really what we need is more dk spinoffs

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I really wish Dixie got into the Mario Kart and sports games too, that would have given her more prominence among casual fans. Oddly enough even Diddy Kong isn't in Mario Kart 8 though, although he's in Mario Tennis Aces.
Sakurai has made the character choices in every Smash game for the most part, whereas unless there's proof otherwise, there's someone different making the decision on who joins Mario Kart in every game. I know that if I had a say I'd put in some WarioWare employees like Mona and Ashley, more DKC characters like Dixie and K. Rool (and bring back Diddy and Funky), and a few oddball Mario choices like Foreman Spike.

Edit: I'd VASTLY prefer them to all the baby versions of everyone, and to the Metal, Pink Gold, Tanooki, and Cat versions of Mario and Peach.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
More exposure to DK characters >>>>>>>> the risk of people online using those Mario appearances against DK characters.

I want King K. Rool in Mario Kart please.
Dixie Kong in a Squittermobile.

You just have to take a look at my profile pic to know I too know the curse of the YEP'D

Midna's time will come.

#IWolfLiketoSeeMidna
#MidnaXSmashABetterLoveStoryThanTwili

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong in Mario Kart would be the greatest accomplishment in gaming history. Nintendo's stock would go up 1,000% and all the other companies would go bankrupt. Elon Musk would attempt to buy the company but wouldn't be able to afford it.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yes, put Dixie Kong in Mario Kart & Smash so the videogame industry crashes. Except Nintendo.

Last edited:

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I mean, Goomba, and even FREAKIN MONTY MOLE made their first playable appearances, so I suppose anything can happen.
Monty Mole was in strikers but yeah waddle dee without a bandana before a lot of other characters is kinda rediculous. Also the fact DK and Diddy are 2 of only 4 characters that you have to unlock is weird.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That would work well in a DKC RPG kind of game, but too messy of a story for a standard platforms rather which Donkey Kong usually does.

Then again, am farrrr from opposed to a DKC RPG. It would work wonders if done in a similar sort of style as say, Mario & Luigi but less wonky and more action based.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Goomba absolutely deserves to be playable in Mario Party. It's probably the most iconic video game enemy of all time. Let them join the fun.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Smash Bros Direct already coming in our way... and 40 minutes on top!

Might be the final stand to dig through any sights of Dixie. I hope we see at least some sign towards her being DLC, or not be deconfirmed by some NPC-role by now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Smash Bros Direct already coming in our way... and 40 minutes on top!

Might be the final stand to dig through any sights of Dixie. I hope we see at least some sign towards her being DLC, or not be deconfirmed by some NPC-role by now.
It’s real iconic that this is posted on page 111.

Is this a divine sign?

Anyway, we might know if that one supposed leak is real or not!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It’s real iconic that this is posted on page 111.

Is this a divine sign?
Perhaps. Dixie already got cut apparently from base game, which also happened back in Brawl... Dixie Kong's Double Trouble?

In anycase, three seems the magic number here. Third Time's The Charm. ;)

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I don't think Dixie will be in this game until DLC.

But I also still think the Grinch leak is super fake.

Yeah, I said that before. Now I say it two times.

Here's hoping I'm wrong. Or if I'm right, that we see something super cool regardless. That's probably true.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Perhaps. Dixie already got cut apparently from base game, which also happened back in Brawl... Dixie Kong's Double Trouble?

In anycase, three seems the magic number here. ;)
Lol that's a funny coincidence, well I'm not sure if she can make the base game but potentially she has good shot of being dlc.

I'm still sceptical about the Grinch leak but we're just going to have wait and see. Let's keep hoping for the best for our Powerful Ponytail Primate!

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
I got hope for the leak to be fake ( dont get me wrong i want it to be real cause of geno banjo )
but ....i just want more Dixie Kong.. if i can get geno - dixie . i will be happy.
i get less but i get want i WANT MORE :)
Let's GO for Dixie Kong!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I just read this on ResetEra. The admin of the site, Emily Rogers, who has mostly a good track record, confirmed the Grinch leak as made up and missing a lot of characters, as well as confusing some characters for playable characters when they are actually Assist Trophies.

So keep that in mind.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
I just read this on ResetEra. The admin of the site, Emily Rogers, who has mostly a good track record, confirmed the Grinch leak as made up and missing a lot of characters, as well as confusing some characters for playable characters when they are actually Assist Trophies.

So keep that in mind.
Mostly good track record or not, there is a ton of evidence to the leak being real. I'm not gonna deny the leak just because I want Dixie in the game. Honestly, at this point, the main reason for me to watch the direct is just to see more information about the game-modes and stuff.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Mostly good track record or not, there is a ton of evidence to the leak being real. I'm not gonna deny the leak just because I want Dixie in the game. Honestly, at this point, the main reason for me to watch the direct is just to see more information about the game-modes and stuff.
There really isn't.

There are significant discrepancies between the leak background and the actual battlefield background used in the banner.

Anyway, this is not about Dixie. Since I don't think Dixie will be in the base game anyway. I just don't believe this leak. And this resetera admin coming out against it, explicitly and concretely, I think is a big warning call if you do believe in this leak.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Remember, as long as she isn’t shown in Diddy’s final smash or as an assist or in the background of a new DK stage, we’re all set for DLC.
It would be funny yet nerving if she’s not shown in the direct, and we still don’t see Diddy’s final smash.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
There really isn't.

There are significant discrepancies between the leak background and the actual battlefield background used in the banner.

Anyway, this is not about Dixie. Since I don't think Dixie will be in the base game anyway. I just don't believe this leak. And this resetera admin coming out against it, explicitly and concretely, I think is a big warning call if you do believe in this leak.
Well, I don't want to believe the leak, so it's not really a warning to me. I guess we'll just have to see what happens in the direct. I just don't have much hope for Dixie at this point.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I think she has a good shot for DLC. But yeah, I don't believe in Dixie anymore for the base game. I just don't think there will be that many more characters left to reveal in the base game.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
If Dixie opens the direct as a unique, saving Diddy and K. Rool, I might die of a heart attack.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Nintendo's new president Furukawa said after their investors meeting last night that Nintendo is going to focus more on DLC for their big titles. I think we're gonna see a very interesting post-launch scenario for Ultimate.

#DixiesLastChance

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let's be positive here, if we get just one newcomer that isn't on the supposed leak, it proves the whole thing fake. We'll know shortly.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Nintendo's new president Furukawa said after their investors meeting last night that Nintendo is going to focus more on DLC for their big titles. I think we're gonna see a very interesting post-launch scenario for Ultimate.
At least the gates towards Ultimate having DLC is most likely going to be open with this.

Still, this is gonna be such a long wait. Might have to kill time playing the games the leaked characters are from meantime.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If Dixie opens the direct as a unique, saving Diddy and K. Rool, I might die of a heart attack.
If that happened I would DIE of hype. Salty the Direct is at 10 AM again. Ill be at work, last time when K.Rool was revealed I was screaming, crying, and freaking out at work. I dont want that to happen again. Lol

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
If that happened I would DIE of hype. Salty the Direct is at 10 AM again. Ill be at work, last time when K.Rool was revealed I was screaming, crying, and freaking out at work. I dont want that to happen again. Lol
I'm off on Thursday, so I'm excited for the early morning direct. It feels like getting up to Saturday morning cartoons. Sorry that you won't be able to experience the hype when it first happens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom