• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
We have now joined the club of Geno, Isaac, and Shantae as one of only 4 Smash Ultimate individual character newcomer speculation threads on this site to hit 5 digits in replies! I guess we are now one of the Four Emperors of Smashboards!

Let us celebrate!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just realized that we are 22 pages away from surpassing the K. Rool Social Thread. We should strive to make Dixie Kong the next K. Rool/Banjo & Kazooie as much as we can. It looks like Dixie Kong has a very bright future for support come Smash 6 if she isn't in by than.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Amazing, 10 thousand posts! Things are looking good for Dixie's support, who knows how high it'll go?

(Hopefully, it doesn't have to keep growing at all because she finally gets in)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
This amazing artist has been creating Mario Kart Emblems for potential newcomers, and he just got to Dixie Kong!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just realized that we are 22 pages away from surpassing the K. Rool Social Thread. We should strive to make Dixie Kong the next K. Rool/Banjo & Kazooie as much as we can. It looks like Dixie Kong has a very bright future for support come Smash 6 if she isn't in by than.
I'm happy to do my part in that.

I still am almost shocked by the K Rool reveal. I expected it. It was not a surprise. It was perfectly executed.

Well... except that it had Dark Samus in the same reveal. It made me quite believe Dixie was going to be in the following direct.

OH- the memory of those early Smash reveals is still worth a rewatch.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
That article is in large part aligned with my thoughts.
I think we will be getting nearly all, if not entirely, first party and second party characters in this pass.
And under that premise, Dixie would be a very likely character to me.

Corona's lasting impact could potentially help Nintendo fans.
dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I had a dream last night about a Dixie Kong Smash reveal trailer and when I was asleep dreaming this I thought it was real oh the irony. In my dream, the trailer starts off with DK, Diddy, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie all chilling out in DK's house only to be startled by the roof collapsing. Turns out Dixie Kong is the one that crashes the roof. Camera turns to show her face and it immediately cuts to the gameplay without showning her tagline. I see Dixie using her famous Helicopter Spin flying around the Kongo Jungle stage than I see Dixie using her hair for her other attacks like in the classic DKC games. One of the characters she attacks in the gameplay montage is Geno, freaking Geno. Dear lord is this dream a sign from God to me that we're getting Dixie Kong in Smash as well as Geno? Geno I already had great faith in happening but seeing Geno in that dream along with Dixie Kong makes me have greater hope for Dixie to get into Ultimate.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So I had a dream last night about a Dixie Kong Smash reveal trailer and when I was asleep dreaming this I thought it was real oh the irony. In my dream, the trailer starts off with DK, Diddy, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie all chilling out in DK's house only to be startled by the roof collapsing. Turns out Dixie Kong is the one that crashes the roof. Camera turns to show her face and it immediately cuts to the gameplay without showning her tagline. I see Dixie using her famous Helicopter Spin flying around the Kongo Jungle stage than I see Dixie using her hair for her other attacks like in the classic DKC games. One of the characters she attacks in the gameplay montage is Geno, freaking Geno. Dear lord is this dream a sign from God to me that we're getting Dixie Kong in Smash as well as Geno? Geno I already had great faith in happening but seeing Geno in that dream along with Dixie Kong makes me have greater hope for Dixie to get into Ultimate.
That's one cool dream. I remember one time pre-release when I had a dream in which Dixie, Bandana Dee, Geno and Isaac were all announced (iirc Isaac and Geno sorta shared a trailer while Dixie and Dee got standalone ones). Here's hoping your dream is luckier!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's one cool dream. I remember one time pre-release when I had a dream in which Dixie, Bandana Dee, Geno and Isaac were all announced (iirc Isaac and Geno sorta shared a trailer while Dixie and Dee got standalone ones). Here's hoping your dream is luckier!
Last Smash dream I had was during the Smash Ballot days back in 2015 and it was about a reveal trailer for K. Rool. It was pretty similar to the real one we got in 2018 except the location for the trailer was in the mines instead of the jungle and DK's house. Plus K. Rool was wearing his kaptain's hat in my dream carring his blunderbuss without his clothing before cutting to the gameplay footage which I didn't get to see. DK and Diddy were reacting in a similar way to K. Rool in my dream as they did in the real trailer.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Microsoft is coming back to finish what they started!View attachment 269620
Had somehow Microsoft miraculously gotten the DK IP while purchasing Rare things would be the same but worse in our timeline. All the old Rare staff would have still left the company and Microsoft wouldn't let Rare do much in the coming years. Maybe they would invest more in the DK IP since that's the whole reason they wanted to purchase Rare so they could get DK. But I doubt they could do anything outstanding without the old Rare/Playtonic staff making it.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Some morning DK art.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd quike a reveal of Dixie... as a secondary character as well.

As in- starting with her, Lucina style, before getting another female badass (and I would hope, Lara Croft or Carmen SanDiego).

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'd quike a reveal of Dixie... as a secondary character as well.

As in- starting with her, Lucina style, before getting another female badass (and I would hope, Lara Croft or Carmen SanDiego).
I wouldn't like that if she turns out to be an Echo. I'd rather she gets a good focus since she's one of Nintendo's oldest gaming heroines rather than a new addition to an established series, which is what Lucina was when she got revealed.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wouldn't like that if she turns out to be an Echo. I'd rather she gets a good focus since she's one of Nintendo's oldest gaming heroines rather than a new addition to an established series, which is what Lucina was when she got revealed.
I agree. I think Dixie deserves the full red carpet treatment just like K. Rool got.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Microsoft is coming back to finish what they started!View attachment 269620
Lol is that Bill Gates as the Ape Escape kid? I like the Ape Escape crossover concept, and Dixie trapped in the net is funny but I'm not getting the Microsoft angle. What is it meant to say?

If the point is related to the Rare buyout drama, my sense is that, that is hard to understand for people nowadays. I might be wrong about that, but it's not clear to me people feel the same way about Microsoft, Rare, and Nintendo as they did way back when. I think just leaving it as a Dixie/DK X Ape Escape would be better and more understandable.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Oof, that was a long time of inactivity.
Noooo, I missed the 10K post mark. See guys? This is what Animal Crossing does to my life!!

That game surely has helped me to not get bored in home. I mean.... it helped me WAY more than I initially expected (or needed).

And I can't stop playing it, I will feel guilty again. One of my villagers is a pink Monkey called Nana.
I can't unsee Dixie in her!!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I guess I don't think of Echo as a set idea.
If Ken is an echo, the term really doesn't mean anything to me.

If she werent at least a bit like Diddy, it would feel a bit off to me. The relationship that Falco and Wolf share, Ness and Lucas, or Villager and Isabelle. It brings some series integrity to have them in a similar theme.
I'd want this for Dixie, to remind me that I could be playing DKC while I'm using Diddy and Dixie.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Call me crazy, but I have a gut feeling Dixie Kong will probably make it into Smash within the decade before we reach 2030. But honestly... I WANT HER NOW!!!

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Call me crazy, but I have a gut feeling Dixie Kong will probably make it into Smash within the decade before we reach 2030. But honestly... I WANT HER NOW!!!
:dk64: 1998
:diddy: 2008
:ultkrool: 2018

I guess 2028 will be the year
SSBUDixieSmall.png

Edit: Smash 64 was released in January 1999. Close enough I guess.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I guess I don't think of Echo as a set idea.
If Ken is an echo, the term really doesn't mean anything to me.

If she werent at least a bit like Diddy, it would feel a bit off to me. The relationship that Falco and Wolf share, Ness and Lucas, or Villager and Isabelle. It brings some series integrity to have them in a similar theme.
I'd want this for Dixie, to remind me that I could be playing DKC while I'm using Diddy and Dixie.
Honestly, one Echo in Name Only doesn't really justify the term when we have 6 other Echoes who fit the mold. 6/7 of them are "This moveset, but with a couple tweaks" while the odd man out is one because Sakurai said so. We have a clear idea of a typical Echo because the majority of them, not the exception.

As for Dixie, she can have a couple similarities to Diddy, but keep in mind DKC2 and Tropical Freeze made sure she stood out from him quite a bit, and not just in animations. If you wanted to clear DKC1 and DKC2 levels quickly you stick with Diddy; if you wanna clear DKC2, DKC3 and Tropical Freeze safely you stick with Dixie. She can do stuff he simply can't in more than 2 ways, so she needs a moveset that's more her own thing and not derived from Diddy, which requires a heavy emphasis on her hair, which Diddy doesn't replicate with his tail.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Honestly, one Echo in Name Only doesn't really justify the term when we have 6 other Echoes who fit the mold. 6/7 of them are "This moveset, but with a couple tweaks" while the odd man out is one because Sakurai said so. We have a clear idea of a typical Echo because the majority of them, not the exception.

As for Dixie, she can have a couple similarities to Diddy, but keep in mind DKC2 and Tropical Freeze made sure she stood out from him quite a bit, and not just in animations. If you wanted to clear DKC1 and DKC2 levels quickly you stick with Diddy; if you wanna clear DKC2, DKC3 and Tropical Freeze safely you stick with Dixie. She can do stuff he simply can't in more than 2 ways, so she needs a moveset that's more her own thing and not derived from Diddy, which requires a heavy emphasis on her hair, which Diddy doesn't replicate with his tail.
Actually, it's not just the speed. Even in DKC2 speedruns, Dixie has her fair amount of utility compared to Diddy. Sure, some of it may have to do with shorter victory animations, but ignoring that.... Dixie can skip entire level sections with the ponytail, she can hold items above her like DK also does, making some bonuses and bosses easier. The more vertical level design and emphasis on jumping instead of running also makes her way more valuable than DK was in DKC1, poor DK was completely outclassed by Diddy because all the levels except for the water ones and Slipside Ride were basically "go left to right as fast as you can".
Gonna give props to the developers for making such a balanced game for both Kongs in DKC2.

DKC3 a few years ago many players thought there was no reason for using Kiddy over Dixie ever, but recently they have found some uses for Kiddy, like his size makes things easier to collect, his roll actually makes his ground movement faster, he can skip some water sections, his tag team throw is the useful one.... I'm surprised of how well balanced the duo is in that game.

For Tropical Freeze, actually, that's where the safety >>>>>> speed becomes way too true. I can't defend Dixie there for being completely broken in casual play xD. But in speedruns she's usually the worst partner option for killing speed momentum with her ponytail ascent. Cranky, Diddy in underwater (Or Funky overall if you are using his mode) are way better for speed in that game.

Actually, I guess we could blame Tropical Freeze making every partner Kong have the same run speed and projectiles (Therefore making them too samey) so many people think Dixie could be a Diddy echo.
What they don't understand is that Smash :ultdiddy: takes a ton of moves from DK64. And some made up moves like the banana and monkey flip which show that Diddy is very speedy or a trickster. Those moves don't fit Dixie, at all, like ever.

It's like making another :ultdarksamus:'s level of wasting potential (Not that I'm complaining about Dark Samus being in the game, but if :ultganondorf: is an indication, she will never be completely recloned to use her Phazon moves, what a shame).

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Actually, it's not just the speed. Even in DKC2 speedruns, Dixie has her fair amount of utility compared to Diddy. Sure, some of it may have to do with shorter victory animations, but ignoring that.... Dixie can skip entire level sections with the ponytail, she can hold items above her like DK also does, making some bonuses and bosses easier. The more vertical level design and emphasis on jumping instead of running also makes her way more valuable than DK was in DKC1, poor DK was completely outclassed by Diddy because all the levels except for the water ones and Slipside Ride were basically "go left to right as fast as you can".
Gonna give props to the developers for making such a balanced game for both Kongs in DKC2.

DKC3 a few years ago many players thought there was no reason for using Kiddy over Dixie ever, but recently they have found some uses for Kiddy, like his size makes things easier to collect, his roll actually makes his ground movement faster, he can skip some water sections, his tag team throw is the useful one.... I'm surprised of how well balanced the duo is in that game.

For Tropical Freeze, actually, that's where the safety >>>>>> speed becomes way too true. I can't defend Dixie there for being completely broken in casual play xD. But in speedruns she's usually the worst partner option for killing speed momentum with her ponytail ascent. Cranky, Diddy in underwater (Or Funky overall if you are using his mode) are way better for speed in that game.

Actually, I guess we could blame Tropical Freeze making every partner Kong have the same run speed and projectiles (Therefore making them too samey) so many people think Dixie could be a Diddy echo.
What they don't understand is that Smash :ultdiddy: takes a ton of moves from DK64. And some made up moves like the banana and monkey flip which show that Diddy is very speedy or a trickster. Those moves don't fit Dixie, at all, like ever.

It's like making another :ultdarksamus:'s level of wasting potential (Not that I'm complaining about Dark Samus being in the game, but if :ultganondorf: is an indication, she will never be completely recloned to use her Phazon moves, what a shame).
Damn that's a very good analysis of their playstyles! When it came to speedruns, I knew Diddy was fastest in DKC2 and definitely DKC1 so I assumed he was the go-to until Cranky jumped in. The technical data is impressive, and even Kiddy's strengths are nice to know about.

I personally would've loved a Phazon mechanic for Dark Samus if not just outright Phazon moves. It's just off the top of my head, but what if certain attacks coated foes in the substance; it'd make the victim's attacks stronger but deal lingering damage that stacks the more Phazon damage Dark Samus inflicts, also making them easier to launch. Think Inkling ink but more volatile. Gameplay wise it shows the power of Phazon and the addictive nature of it. A double-edged sword for both Dark Samus and her victim, since loading them up with Phazon helps her in the long run but hurts her short term, somewhat like in the games. If Dark Samus is foolish shd can power up her foe with more than enough strength to kill her, playing a big part in her own demise. Just an idea that I thought up.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

If I recall in DCK, she has some basic attacks with her hair, the throw, and the hover.
YES- she does need to do all of that (and better than how DK's ^B works for it).
But that's exactly why I think she could be an echo. Just give her those things.
Maybe it's more like Isabelle to Villager.

That's ultimatley how I see her being added.
With the Animal Crate item, which would be part of her development timeline.

Otherwise, they make her far too separate, and not of the DKC world... or we just dont get her and instead get Cranky or an Echo Funky.

I cannot see this happening any other way.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong Racing Wave 11
  • Cranky Kong, showing these young ones how it's done
  • Kalypso, taking some outfit cues from Kritter
  • Dread Kong, with a bit of Street Fighter inspiration thanks to InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand
  • Wizpig, back with a revamped design to cause more trouble

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
If I recall in DCK, she has some basic attacks with her hair, the throw, and the hover.
YES- she does need to do all of that (and better than how DK's ^B works for it).
But that's exactly why I think she could be an echo. Just give her those things.
Maybe it's more like Isabelle to Villager.

That's ultimatley how I see her being added.
With the Animal Crate item, which would be part of her development timeline.

Otherwise, they make her far too separate, and not of the DKC world... or we just dont get her and instead get Cranky or an Echo Funky.

I cannot see this happening any other way.
You are making those arguments based on the assumption that the Smash team wouldn't want to fully develop Dixie as a new character.
The game already released and all the DLC characters are going to be original. We have long passed the phase of speculating for echoes or semi-clones (And items BTW, they won't add those as DLC ever. Otherwise multiple issues for online FFA would arise).

Think outside of the echo box. Dixie's ponytail can't only be used for helicopter twirl and only that. It can be used for multiple disjoint attacks (That :ultdiddy: can't do), those disjoint ponytail attacks could be all the aerials, some tilts, and of course, Smash attacks. All that while Dixie's hands are free, unlike a weapon wielder. There aren't many characters with this qualities in the roster (I can think of only :ultmewtwo:, :ultridley: and :ultbanjokazooie:, and they don't use their tails/Kazooies in many moves even).
The ponytail being used to grab barrels just like :ultdk: in DKC2 and 3 could be brought to Smash in multiple ways, a cargo grab, a command grab, a normal :ultivysaur:-like grab and so on....
Tropical Freeze added a new move for the ponytail, so that means she can have a recovery that is very different from :ultdk:'s and use the classic helicopter twirl as a :ultpeach:'s float-esque move. Also Tropical Freeze gave her a projectile with different properties from :ultdiddy:'s peanut gun, which (Like many of his moves) came from DK64, a game Dixie wasn't part of. Finally, Dixie is also slower and less acrobatic than :ultdiddy:.

Smash can take a deeper look at things that weren't relevant or didn't exist in the original games and give them a new utility. There you have :ultkrool:'s belly, that wasn't relevant in his appearances outside of looking shiny (I know if you try to roll it in the DKC games, a visual red clank appears, but every single boss in the series is immune to rolls anyway). And :ultkrool: using that belly armor in Smash doesn't make him "not of the DKC world".

If you don't see a completely original fighter there, then I don't know.... assuming that a fighter can't be original just because it "might" be an echo it's just wasting a good moveset and losing the character's identity in the transition. If Dixie is perfectly translated to Smash then DK doesn't need more representation ever again. Heck, I would even be happy if they bring her in with Kiddy as a tag team (Now excuse me, I have to reach the bunker before the Kiddy haters ask for my head).

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong Racing Wave 11
  • Cranky Kong, showing these young ones how it's done
  • Kalypso, taking some outfit cues from Kritter
  • Dread Kong, with a bit of Street Fighter inspiration thanks to InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand
  • Wizpig, back with a revamped design to cause more trouble

Wow, that's awesome!

Cranky looks like Cranky, which is easier said than done. The Kongs' noses and snouts are always kind of tricky, but you've become an expert. I'll say one thing, maybe it's just me, but the three big tufts of beard shag in the center of his beard almost make it look like something's inside it. I'm a little biased in favor of his green vest from DKC2, but he looks great.

Kalypso's new outfit is a huge improvement. You made her look fashionable but still "Kremling-like" though I think her afro hair
is a little too iconic to leave behind.

Think you nailed this new Dread Kong. The way his dreads fall on his face make him look really cool! The expression gives him some fun energy you don't see in DK characters usually.

Wizpig looks vaguely younger. Maybe it's the more "tanned" (pork rinds???) skin? I was going to say, his head looks a little "flat" without his grey crown thing...but looking at a render, apparently that's hair???????????? Uhhhhhhhh OK, I think I see why you removed it! Though just making it a crown or headpiece might have worked. I like the W belt buckle! It's a nice update for the character.

I will post it sometime tomorrow!!! Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also.

Wizpig apparently has always had weird ear hair shooting straight up into the sky.
Professor Chops might have escaped from DreamWorks Animation, probably riding in on Retro's Rambi.
The Hogwash render from DK Land has an asbestos warning.
The pigs from DK Jungle Beat, like most other enemies from DK Jungle Beat, birthed dozens of creepypastas.
Troff -- there's just a lot going on there.

Why can't DK pigs be normal?

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Now that you bring it up, it's kinda strange how often pigs show up in the DK games considering they're not exactly what I think of as a tropical jungle animal.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You are making those arguments based on the assumption that the Smash team wouldn't want to fully develop Dixie as a new character.
The game already released and all the DLC characters are going to be original. We have long passed the phase of speculating for echoes or semi-clones (And items BTW, they won't add those as DLC ever. Otherwise multiple issues for online FFA would arise).

Think outside of the echo box. Dixie's ponytail can't only be used for helicopter twirl and only that. It can be used for multiple disjoint attacks (That :ultdiddy: can't do), those disjoint ponytail attacks could be all the aerials, some tilts, and of course, Smash attacks. All that while Dixie's hands are free, unlike a weapon wielder. There aren't many characters with this qualities in the roster (I can think of only :ultmewtwo:, :ultridley: and :ultbanjokazooie:, and they don't use their tails/Kazooies in many moves even).
The ponytail being used to grab barrels just like :ultdk: in DKC2 and 3 could be brought to Smash in multiple ways, a cargo grab, a command grab, a normal :ultivysaur:-like grab and so on....
Tropical Freeze added a new move for the ponytail, so that means she can have a recovery that is very different from :ultdk:'s and use the classic helicopter twirl as a :ultpeach:'s float-esque move. Also Tropical Freeze gave her a projectile with different properties from :ultdiddy:'s peanut gun, which (Like many of his moves) came from DK64, a game Dixie wasn't part of. Finally, Dixie is also slower and less acrobatic than :ultdiddy:.

Smash can take a deeper look at things that weren't relevant or didn't exist in the original games and give them a new utility. There you have :ultkrool:'s belly, that wasn't relevant in his appearances outside of looking shiny (I know if you try to roll it in the DKC games, a visual red clank appears, but every single boss in the series is immune to rolls anyway). And :ultkrool: using that belly armor in Smash doesn't make him "not of the DKC world".

If you don't see a completely original fighter there, then I don't know.... assuming that a fighter can't be original just because it "might" be an echo it's just wasting a good moveset and losing the character's identity in the transition. If Dixie is perfectly translated to Smash then DK doesn't need more representation ever again. Heck, I would even be happy if they bring her in with Kiddy as a tag team (Now excuse me, I have to reach the bunker before the Kiddy haters ask for my head).
I cant say I'm frequently accused of thinking within the box.

That said- I don't think I'm making assumptions. To repeat what I said in the post I made before this one you quoted- I think there is a certain level of familiarity I would WANT to see between Diddy and Dixie. Again, relative to Fox and Falco or Villager and Isabelle. They could make Dixie whatever they wanted to make her- the question is if they SHOULD. A few big changes could go a long way, and I would want to be able to play Diddy and Dixie and feel like they are still the duo they always were.

I legitimately feel the one with a hold up here is you- particularly with the phrase 'echo,' which seems to be a road block for some reason. The word is simply a marketing ploy, to reframe how people thought of them before. That's the entirety of it's value. To appeal to both sides of the coin- people who like variants, and people who want original characters. It doesn't actually change anything.

As for seeing items in DLC- no, we have not yet. I do love these nonsense fan rules, the ones that make complete sense to an individual until they don't. I wont touch this topic any more than to say that. I'm not looking to argue on this. I am expressing how I see the Dixie-conundrum, the character that was intended to be in back in 2008 and somehow still keeps getting the chop. There clearly are some gears in Sakurai's head that are working on her, yet others that cannot seem to justify it. If calling her an echo because she can use Diddy's frame, and some base moves already programmed into the game, is what gets her in, and she FEELS like Dixie, dances like the character I remember from the games- then I think it's a win for everyone. Call her whatever you want.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Now that you bring it up, it's kinda strange how often pigs show up in the DK games considering they're not exactly what I think of as a tropical jungle animal.
It basically started as a "don't invoke pigs flying" joke in the guide for DK Land regarding the Hogwashes, but after a while Rare (and later Retro) pretty much ran with it. Warthogs would be fair enough, but Crash Bandicoot has a monopoly on those, so to speak.

The Dream Team.
At this rate, I'll be lucky if Funky and Tiny get enough supporters by 2030.

Top Bottom