• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong for SSBB

X_Meta_Knight_X

Smash Cadet
I want dixie, but not with diddy like people are saying. Of course diddy has a fair chance about 75% of being in brawl but dixie has a percentage of about 30% so its no suprise to me if diddy's in and dixie's not.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Dixie without a doubt should make it in brawl. Diddy first though. i think that all the series that didnt get much representation from their games in melee. i.e donkey kong, kirby, and samus will get at least 3 or 2 more additions. Dixie kong is 3rd in line in the DK series and deserves a spot.

Diddy and Dixie need to be seperate. Dixie already can have a good moveset. and she'd add a new character to the DK series and a female one at that. and it's not just to say "oh lets just add a female because they need more in the game" but add Dixie because she's actually a female character that's worthy of it.

she had a trophy in melee. what about DK's favorite sidekick? she's been appearing in recent mario games and anything DK related. so why not? Diddy should have been added a long time ago but just because Diddy is 100% going to be in doesnt mean we just rule out Dixie. unlike many characters she has at least done something for the series. i dont know why there is so much Dixie and Krystal hate. those are probablly the two that are going to be in brawl regardless.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
Diddy does have a higher chance of getting in Brawl than Dixie, but she deserves to be in too. For one, she would play differently from DK and Diddy. I would probably compare her potential fighting styl to that of Guilty Gear's Millia Rage, using her hair to fight. She could also use her guitar to do some damage too. Dixie is one of my favorite characters, and Brawl does need more females put in.

Novaya_Russia

Smash Cadet
With the Franchise Symbol theory seemingly ruling out the return of the Ice Climbers, I feel a Diddy/Dixie tag team has a better chance of coming to fruition.

Let's face it. Donkey Kong isn't going to get more than two characters in this game (If that... but I'm still hopeful), and solo Dixie does not deserve a spot over Diddy or K. Rool. Her only chance is as a tag team.

Del Money

Smash Champion
With the Franchise Symbol theory seemingly ruling out the return of the Ice Climbers, I feel a Diddy/Dixie tag team has a better chance of coming to fruition.

Let's face it. Donkey Kong isn't going to get more than two characters in this game (If that... but I'm still hopeful), and solo Dixie does not deserve a spot over Diddy or K. Rool. Her only chance is as a tag team.
true as this is, i must say that i kinda want Dixie in brawl now. just like Diddy, she was in 2 of the DKC games (and 2 of the DKL games as well). unlike Diddy, she was a trophy in melee. she does NOT have priority over Diddy for getting into brawl but i feel she deserves it.

Star Fox franchise has 4 potential reps in brawl (Fox, Falco, Krystal, Wolf). DK franchise is MUCH more better selling and well-known than the Star Fox franchise. it definitely needs more representation. i want K. Rool and Diddy in without a doubt. as for Dixie, id rather her be solo as well UNLESS the Diddy/Dixie duo is done in a similar manner as the Zelda/Sheik deal and NOT in the ICs kinda of deal. i want one kong in the arena as a time...down+B switches between the kongs via the tag barel (just like in DKL2 since DKC2 had multiple kongs on screen). each kong will have their own moveset exclusive of down+B...and the world will be a much better place. please Sakurai, dont put Diddy/Dixie in an ICs-type duo

Talendime

Smash Ace
As for Dixie, I'd rather her be solo as well UNLESS the Diddy/Dixie duo is done in a similar manner as the Zelda/Sheik deal and NOT in the Ice Climber's kinda of deal. I want one kong in the arena as a time...down+B switches between the kongs via the tag barel (just like in DKL2 since DKC2 had multiple kongs on screen). Each kong will have their own moveset exclusive of down+B...and the world will be a much better place. Please Sakurai, don't put Diddy/Dixie in an Ice Climbers-type duo
The moveset I thought of for them works perfectly with hopes like this:

What? No... Not a duo.. A tag-team silly! Down+B FTW!
Here, this is what I'm thinking:

Diddy:

A-punch
>A-tail whip
VA-flipping tail whip
^A-throws his hat a short distance upward (with POWER!!). If it doesn't hit something, it takes longer to return to him, but works like a boomerang vertically.

B- The peanut guns.....
>B-Cartwheel attack, covers very large distance
VB-DK barrel appears, in hops Diddy, out pops Dixie
^B-Vine appears, swings upwards...Or the Jetpack thing.. I like that one too.

Dixie: Incase you didn't know, Dixie has obnoxiously long hair. She does many things with it...I imagine her grab move would involve her hair as well, just like the way she picked up and held enemies/objects with her hair in her featured games.

A-punch
>A-hair whip
VA- Flipping down, attacks with both hair and tail.
^A-Uses her hair in a manner that resembles Mario's Down+B attack, except she remains stationary.

B-Hides in a barrel as long as button is held down, bursts out of the barrel when released, damage depending on how long she was in the barrel.
>B-Hurls a wooden barrel using her hair.Occasionally, the barrel contains TNT.
VB-See Diddy's
^B-Helicopter attack. Very much the same as Donkey Kong's Up+B, except she uses her hair, of course..

As for their taunts/Final Smash...... I got nothin'

But does that make you feel better? I think this actually has a very good chance seeing as how Sheik, atleast as I see it, won't be returning.. (I could be wrong, of course)

Del Money

Smash Champion
this is AWESOME. im glad someone else is down with the down+B....NICE. anyways i like what youve got going here, Talendime. it might be good idea if you threw in aerials, tilts, smashes. the final smashes and taunts can be fairly simple to come up with if more people come to this thread

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I'd love for Dixie to be in the game. Now that Diddy is playable by himself, I hope she still makes it in as a secret characters. Dixie's character was in dissuse for so long ( I think 7 years until she re-appeared in the port for DKC2) and now she's finally making a comeback. I'm all for inclusion as a solo character in Brawl.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
she is the 3rd best choice for a DKC character the top 2 are Diddy and Krool, Dixie is a completely original character and would be her own character or with Kiddy (no not diddy) she is a female and the game lacks those and she is just awsome
Lets not get carried away here. You can't have your cake, eat it too, and ask for seconds. Atleast, not with putting Dixie on the Brawl Roster. Cmon, we already got DK and Diddy. What more could we ask for other than King K. Rool? Certainly not Dixie. Nope!

Sinn

Smash Lord
I don't know why any one wouldn't want Dixie. She is far superior to Diddy as she played her guitar after finishing a stage.
That guitar was pretty sweet. And a lot cooler than Diddy trying to look like a thug with hus boom box. To this day I still think it looks like she's playing that thing with her hair, though I know that she's just rockin' out.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Dixie is in Mario Hoops 3 on 3,that also includes Final Fantasy Characters

Sinn

Smash Lord
I dunno...Cranky could be a pretty cool playable character. I mean, look at him! He's the original Donkey Kong! He could have...um...pointless rant attack! And cane smack!

Kentalish

Smash Lord
ok ill rephraise that... her A moves would be simaller her darts are going to be same effect without things to eat... u know what im just going to shut up im not thinking striaght its late and ive had a few drinks

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Thats rather harsh, don't you think? I don't see the need to post that in a Dixie thread. You're only going to get bashed.
Agreed.

Dixie would be cool I think. She's different enough from Diddy. She could fight with her hair or something.

I'd like to have her and King K.Rool. Give the DK franchise more than two characters. And as long as Candy Kong or Tiny Kong aren't playable I will be very happy.

Sinn

Smash Lord
If they add Dixie and give her hair-fu or hair-jitsu I will laugh so hard and then main her to death. That would make her the best character of all time. With possible exception of Lip if they added her.

Sinn

Smash Lord
If by be happy with you mean not want any other characters from the same franchise, then no. I've always wanted Dixie in, but never thought she'd get in before Diddy. Now that Diddy's in...why, I guess my whole reason for her not being in is kinda void. Now to just wait for them to decide to put her in...

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
because DK isn't a real big series. I can't see more than two characters, three at the most. So dixie is a complete No.

One has to consider the vast amount of characters to be considered. At an amount of 50 characters I might see Dixie as a charcter.

Top Bottom