• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong for SSBB

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I liked the K Rool battle in DKC2 best...I HATED it in DKC3 for some reason. It's like...in DKC2 they made it more difficult than in DCK, but in DKC3 they too THAT concept and put instant death areas of the level at the same time. WTF!?
DCK2 was just the best of the three, IMO. Best playable characters, best music, best stages, best...everything. And yeah, it was the best final boss. It took soooo many lives for me. XD

vesperview

Smash Hero
Mario Hoops was...weird. And the CPU cheats like a mother **q*er. In any case, Dixie pwns in the DKC games, and she's a fantastic character with a black belt in hair-jitsu. Personally, I don't feel that K Rool is a better rep than her since they've kinda left him behind, it seems. But some of these DK spinoff games that are coming out since Rare left still have Dixie in them.
He's actually appears in Barrel Blast and Jungle Climber so he is hardly left behind.

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
Then the banana will be playable too?
Haha, I think his FS will bring out a boombox then he starts singin' PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!

*coughs* Yeah...back to Dixie kong. Her moves will have similarities of Tiny Kong in DK64. But then that brings up a question: Should Tiny Kong be in insead of Dixie?

That's saying IF Sakurai puts one of them in>_>

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Haha, I think his FS will bring out a boombox then he starts singin' PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!

*coughs* Yeah...back to Dixie kong. Her moves will have similarities of Tiny Kong in DK64. But then that brings up a question: Should Tiny Kong be in insead of Dixie?

That's saying IF Sakurai puts one of them in>_>
Hell to the no. Tiny is nothing more than Waluigi is to Wario. A mere illusion to greatness...XD

Sinn

Smash Lord
And I guess this applies to Fusion Suit Samus. Sad :(
Would three versions of Samus be overkill...? Fusion is basically a combination of the original and the Zero Suit when you think about it.

And Dixie should totally be in over Tiny. Tiny is just........tiny.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
Dixie kong should be in brawl for many reasons
1. She is on a game on the virtual council, Sakurai tends to put charecters if there on the virtual council, he always makes refrences to the virtual council
2. She stars in her own game, and is a really fun game.
3. She is popular. One of the favorite charecters in the DKC series, and people where pissed when she wasn't on the DK64.
4.Tiny has become to mature to be in brawl, to down right say it the new tiny is a bit too slutty for nintendo
5. Dixie is a girl, Brawl needs to balance the male: female ratio with there being only 4.5 girls since the previos game (if you consider jigglypuff a girl, and then there is Nana who is half a charecter) so dixie is the next best choice for another female player

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Dixie kong should be in brawl for many reasons
1. She is on a game on the virtual council, Sakurai tends to put charecters if there on the virtual council, he always makes refrences to the virtual council
2. She stars in her own game, and is a really fun game.
3. She is popular. One of the favorite charecters in the DKC series, and people where pissed when she wasn't on the DK64.
4.Tiny has become to mature to be in brawl, to down right say it the new tiny is a bit too slutty for nintendo
5. Dixie is a girl, Brawl needs to balance the male: female ratio with there being only 4.5 girls since the previos game (if you consider jigglypuff a girl, and then there is Nana who is half a charecter) so dixie is the next best choice for another female player
Yes, but despite all these reasons. I doubt they'll add her over King K. Rool. Some the characters Sakurai mentioned on VC were usually confirmed to be ATs lol

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
I'm not quite sure why a lot of people don't put Dixie Kong on their roster list. Dixie would make a great addition and is deserving of a playable character. We already know she is involved in Brawl as a trophy, but that doesn't mean she will only be a trophy. Sakurai confirmed Bramble Blast as a song which stars Diddy and Dixie Kong. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to give Diddy all the glory when Dixie is equally deserving. So, Kiddy should be playing too according to my moronic logic right? The answer is no. Kiddy never stared in his own game and kind of came to a dead end. Besides, Donkey Kong Country 3 is arguably the last Donkey Kong Country title to be released and probably the best looking of the three and the most interactive as well.

Dixie Kong for Brawl!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong series needs its best reps, Dixie is one of them.. although I would rather have K. Rool. Either way I am satisfied with Diddy :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So apparently there is this three character limit? Whats wrong with K. Rool AND Dixie? :ohwell:
That would be perfect, and though realistic because of it's sales compared to other series, I don't think it's going to happen.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
In terms of importance OF COURSE K. Rool is more important than Dixie, but the fact that she can potentially defeat K. Rool without the help of Diddy or Donkey Kong makes her just as big of a hero as they are. Now I know she could never EVER replace Donkey/Diddy, but Sakurai has found an interest in a game (Donkey Kong Country 2) that she stars in. I mean, if Bramble Blast is a confirmed DK stage, it would feel kind of awkward (at least to me) if you couldn't be Dixie. I don't know, its like Luigi being absent from a Super Mario World level.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
In terms of importance OF COURSE K. Rool is more important than Dixie, but the fact that she can potentially defeat K. Rool without the help of Diddy or Donkey Kong makes her just as big of a hero as they are. Now I know she could never EVER replace Donkey/Diddy, but Sakurai has found an interest in a game (Donkey Kong Country 2) that she stars in. I mean, if Bramble Blast is a confirmed DK stage, it would feel kind of awkward (at least to me) if you couldn't be Dixie. I don't know, its like Luigi being absent from a Super Mario World level.
It's all up to Sakurai dude. He's made mistakes about making certain characters ATs, and I wouldn't be surprised here.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Nothing, but I doubt Sakurai would add them both.
We can never be sure what Sakurai is truly doing/thinking.. I mean Before Aug 13th, if you said Pokemon Trainer would be in brawl you would probably be flamed.. and who would have thought Yoshi would turn into a dragon for a final smash...

Basically I think all we can do is wait, and see.. (However characters like Blooper will never be in brawl, I am anti-blooper. lol)

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Well what does Dixie have going against her besides your opinions?

"I THINK she'll be an assist trophy" isn't exactly the best argument in the world..
Simple lol Sakurai
Saki? (:dizzy: isn't that a girl..??) anyway I didn't really care for the character.. I mean the swordsabergun thingy was cool, but I don't think he had as much priority as say Little Mac, lyn, or Goroh.
Saki would most likely rep retro right? I'm not sure, I forgot exactly what the captions said.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Simple lol Sakurai

Saki would most likely rep retro right? I'm not sure, I forgot exactly what the captions said.
Yeah but we can also say that Sakurai likes Dixie. Its a stalemate. Can you provide some sort of proof or evidence that shows why you think Dixie is only worth of being an assist trophy? You can't really base it off of Sakurai's posts on the Dojo either, they're quite random.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Yeah but we can also say that Sakurai likes Dixie. Its a stalemate. Can you provide some sort of proof or evidence that shows why you think Dixie is only worth of being an assist trophy? You can't really base it off of Sakurai's posts on the Dojo either, they're quite random.
I don't have a problem with her being a PC, it's just Sakurai and his decision-making that worries me.

Top Bottom