• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong for SSBB

xianfeng

Smash Hero
she is the 3rd best choice for a DKC character the top 2 are Diddy and Krool, Dixie is a completely original character and would be her own character or with Kiddy (no not diddy) she is a female and the game lacks those and she is just awsome

Shark X

Smash Lord
I think she would go great paired with Diddy in a Sonic and Tails, Ice Climbers style. And I think she's more deserving than King K.Rool. I prefer her to Diddy actually, even though Diddy is more deserving than her. She is cute (in an adorable way).

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Shark X said:
I think she would go great paired with Diddy in a Sonic and Tails, Ice Climbers style. And I think she's more deserving than King K.Rool. I prefer her to Diddy actually, even though Diddy is more deserving than her. She is cute (in an adorable way).
Her and Diddy would NOT be in an IC like team they have enough moves to be individual characters why do people not understand that if they were a team Diddy couldn't use his guitar, cartweel, orange grenades, peanut popguns, rocket barrel and Dixie couldn't use her spinny hair they would be a terrible team together they would be SEPERATE

Shark X

Smash Lord
Hey, I never said they had to use the same moves. Maybe choose one, and use all that one's moves, and the other will do his own move based of the move you use, like you use Dixie's Hair Snip, Diddy uses his Cartwheel. Or maybe one of the B specials switches characters ala Sheik.

Defiance

Smash Apprentice
They are not going to fill the game up with monkeys. That will make the game stale and boring. here's 2 reasons. First off, they are going to want villains, not jsut a bunch of heroes. SSBM lacked in the villain area and they will most likely want to make up for that somehow. One point for K Rool. Also adding a ton of characters who look and act the same, from the same series is boring. It would create leave gamers with a feeling of getting cheaped out, in the same way that clones did. (I have nothing against clones, but the creativity aspect was lacking tremendously). Oh right, that's 2 points fro K. Rool. Lightbulb! look another one. Smash has a lot of light and middle weights already. Adding Pit, Meta Knight, Zamus, and Snake to these ranks will set the weight balance off. Sure we know of Wario... but we'll want more... What's that i hear? 3 points for K. Rool? So sure we're thinknig diddy and k. rool but no one else from the DK series will be in, i'm willing to bet.. say... 40 bucks on that. No one wants to see characters who ave only been in one game and have long since been forgotten... cripes think these things through...

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Defiance said:
They are not going to fill the game up with monkeys. That will make the game stale and boring. here's 2 reasons. First off, they are going to want villains, not jsut a bunch of heroes. SSBM lacked in the villain area and they will most likely want to make up for that somehow. One point for K Rool. Also adding a ton of characters who look and act the same, from the same series is boring. It would create leave gamers with a feeling of getting cheaped out, in the same way that clones did. (I have nothing against clones, but the creativity aspect was lacking tremendously). Oh right, that's 2 points fro K. Rool. Lightbulb! look another one. Smash has a lot of light and middle weight already. Adding Pit, Meta Knight, Zamus, and Snake to these ranks will set the weight balance off. Sure we know of Wario... but we'll want more... What's that i hear? 3 points for K. Rool? So sure we're thinknig diddy and k. rool but no one else from the DK series will be in, i'm willing to bet.. say... 40 bucks on that. No one wants to see characters who ave only been in one game and have long since been forgotten... cripes think these things through...
Main charcters that are heroes make up a load of the game. People seem to enjoy playing with Heroes. I personally have nothing againsts these characters. Evil characters are going to come weather or not we like it. Ususally these evil chacracters are quite known and will make an appearence.

Now, why do you think adding a monkey to the game will make it stale and boring if so many people want them in it. Diddy kong, I think, would make a great addition to the game. Though Dixie Kong might add to much, I don't see a problem where it would become stale. Diddy Kong himself is a very popular character. He has been in many mario games in the past, and in just about all of the Donkey Kong games. He has even been the center of attention. Diddy should light up the sreen as someone who is not a clone to Donkey Kong. He has been enouph of a character that I think fans will play as him.

-SMB

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
GenoBlast said:
As much as I want Dixie kong in ssbb she'll probably be replaced (Once again) by Tiny kong from DK64.
The only reason they added Tiny Kong to DK64 was because they thought Dixie and Diddy would play too much the same. Also, Dixie is far more popular than Tiny Kong.

knucklesfanatic

Smash Rookie
Marshigio said:
The only reason they added Tiny Kong to DK64 was because they thought Dixie and Diddy would play too much the same. Also, Dixie is far more popular than Tiny Kong.
Yea Diddy kong and Dixie was defintly the best team they had on the DKC series and for those two to be included in the game would be alright but woudn't nintendo have a problem gaining them becase rare went to microsoft or does nintendo have full fledge license to Donkey kong and the company? but if they do. It should be Diddy,Dixie and K rool. I agree there should be more villiinans. Maybe K rool in his boxing form from Dk64.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I only knew of Dixie Kong being "replaced" by Tiny Kong in DK64, but you make it sound like it's happened more than once. That's not very likely, though, seeing as: 1) Dixie is far more popular than Tiny, 2) Tiny is technically owned by Rareware, if I'm not mistaken, since she was created for DK64. And it's not like Dixie has died; she was in Mario Superstar Baseball, after all.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
exactly tiny has been in one dk game. dixie in two and diddy in 3. plus dixie and diddy have been making appearnces in mario games. so it's not like people forgot about them. even though k rool is the most likely what was the last game he was in?? dixie and diddy will get in this game dixie because lack of female heros. k rool because lack of villians and diddy because what's donkey kong without his sidekick and he is a popular character wanted by many.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Defiance said:
What's that i hear? 3 points for K. Rool?.
Your post annoys me.

No one wants to see characters who ave only been in one game and have long since been forgotten.
Pit (Gameboy games sucked back then and therefore shouldn't be counted).

Anyway your totally way off. Name one game Dixie was in. You can't? Thats because she was in about four or so. Hell, if Donkey Kong Raceing was ever made, there's another game she would of been in before it was cancelled.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
tstumo said:
exactly tiny has been in one dk game. dixie in two and diddy in 3. plus dixie and diddy have been making appearnces in mario games. so it's not like people forgot about them. even though k rool is the most likely what was the last game he was in?? dixie and diddy will get in this game dixie because lack of female heros. k rool because lack of villians and diddy because what's donkey kong without his sidekick and he is a popular character wanted by many.
Diddy has been in 14 games not 3.

ALL KONGS ARE OWNED BY NINTENDO, if any of the monkeys from the DKC/64 series wound up on a microsoft game that would be illegal as NINTENDO OWNS THEM

Yin

Smash Rookie
If Diddy Kong is going to be in SSBB, then I'm sure Dixie Kong will be right beside him. Anyone remember Donkey Kong Country 2? If they were to put those 2 together in SSBB, one good move could be Dixie Kong using her ponytail to helicopter back to the stage. Diddy Kong could use his cartwheel and basic kicks or punches.

Iron_Chef_Sakai

Banned via Administration

magar

Banned via Administration
Sorry, Forgot about King K. Rool & Cranky (If Possible) ;)
Also, I haven't heard People talking about Candy Kong either

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Baron_54 said:
No more Ice Climber types, please, just.. no...
exactly

? If they were to put those 2 together in SSBB, one good move could be Dixie Kong using her ponytail to helicopter back to the stage. Diddy Kong could use his cartwheel and basic kicks or punches.
anyone rember DKC 1 let's put DK & Diddy as a team! and remember DKC 3 let's put Dixie & Kiddy as a team DIDDY AND DIXIE WOULD BE SOLO I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH

Sonouge

Smash Rookie
I'd rather have them take DK out of the roster and replace him with Diddy or Dixie. Diddy is my all time favorite DK character and he has plenty of moves to support himself in the heat of the battle. Same with Dixie. If shes in it she'd probably be a character that wasnt powerful but could get back on the stage with her ponytail helicopter and maybe even speed. Diddy would probably be speedy as well with the lack of strength. But if he was in SSBB then he'd probably be great at combos. I guess it'd be best if they had all three classic DK's in the game. (Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Dixie Kong)

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
Aww come on. You can't forget Funky Kong, either.

But on the subject of the thread, I can see Dixie in Brawl. I would like Diddy alot more if perhaps the thought came around with him using his gear that he used in Donkey Kong 64. That owned. Dual pistols, jetpack... reminds me of a certain bounty hunter I know. Also, he had a flippin' rock guitar.

Shark X

Smash Lord
There's no way they'd remove DK for Diddy. DK is just so much more popular. Even though DK has always been a horrid playable character in Smash Bros, he's still a top major Nintendo mascot.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I would prefer to have Diddy Kong too people I am saying that Dixie Kong would be a good character aswell

Why are people suggesting Cranky Kong he's an old monkey with a cane, Candy Kong all she does is flirt with you and give you musical instruments and Funky Kong he gives you planes and Guns, Planes and Guns.

of who, who else has a ponytail that can propel them like a helicopter?

I think she would be a good addition but I think Diddy Kong has a better change.
so do I

dixie kong hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/fe...reens/dixie.jpg

do you really want that im SSBB
I'd rather that than a laughing dog

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ohhh yeah and it was Tiny Kong who was a character in Mario Baseball and is gonna be in Mario Hoops 3 on 3? Nope thats Dixie. Tiny only was there because Rare didnt want to overuse Dixie probarly... Why? Because Dixie is by far the best character from DKC. :D

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
who else has a ponytail that can propel them like a helicopter?
Donkey Kong don't need no stinkin' pony tails to propel like a helicopter in Smash Bros.

(couldn't resist :p)

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
She seems to be a top pick, but I'm not sure whether we need four DK characters.
Already have 5-7 original Mario characters, 4-5 LoZ characters, and 4 pokemon, do we really need more franchises with so many characters??
:urg:

Top Bottom