• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong for SSBB

xianfeng

Smash Hero
She seems to be a top pick, but I'm not sure whether we need four DK characters.
Already have 5-7 original Mario characters, 4-5 LoZ characters, and 4 pokemon, do we really need more franchises with so many characters??
:urg:
there is 1 character from the DK franchise what the hell.

primusfan

Smash Ace
It's not that Dixie is bad, it's just that Diddy deserves it so much more. And I think that there are a lot of better characters that could be put in over Dixie.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
They're also worthy to be playable. Sure, Nintendo stuffs them down our throats, but their Nintendo's best selling franchise.

And you think Bomberman is worthy for Brawl but Pokemon aren't?

Oh and Dixie FTW!

zombie7775

Smash Lord
If there is going to be another Kong (which is most likely will happen) it is most likely going to be Diddy. Even though I would rather not have either of them in brawl, Diddy would most likely be in the game before Dixie would.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Earlier I said that there were four DK characters. By this I meant that there is DK, Diddy (who is sure to be in Brawl), and K. Rool who should, in my opinion, be picked over Dixie.
So if Dixie was added that makes four. Still, if it did happen or if she got in and K. Rool didn't, I wouldn't complain.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Wiki Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie_Kong

I think this ties in what I was saying with Knuckles, but the other way around.

Ok, we have already had the main character, DK, playing in Smash, and now I think it's a great time for Nintendo to add other Donkey Kong characters into it, and make it even a grand Donkey Kong exprience, and it seems likely.

We have Dixie Kong, and with her current role in Mario Baseball, we can all kbnow that she hasn't died, and that she is a cool character. If you think about the possibilties for her, there are many things that she can do, even though she still needs a unique moveset, it would be cool to have a chartacter and expand the Donkey Kong exprience withing the game, because uit's really missing at this point in time, and I think it would be cool to see her.

We all know her, and we all love her, and she could be a unique character. If Diddy may be added to the game, she must be unique as a character, if not she can be fully unique (like that's really going to happen). Dixie probably will not be a clone to Donkey Kong, but may have some similarities to Diddy (If in the game, most likely if Diddy makes it), but we can work around them.

It seems to depend if Diddy make the cut, and if he does, then we may see an appearence from Dixie to expand the Donkey Kong exprience within the game.

-SMB

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
SMB Portal has a good point, Dixie may be similar to Diddy, assuming that Diddy gets in as well. While it's possible, I don't see it happening because Nintendo is dropping or changing characters already, so they wouldn't make the mistake of having one of their new characters be a clone, or even partial clone.

The addition of Diddy and/or Dixie would help to sell a new Donkey Kong game on Wii, which should be made as the closest the Gamecube got to a decent DK game was Jungle Beat and that was 2D and controlled by bongos (in my opinion, a complete downgrade from DK 64).

Also, if Diddy and/or Dixie make appearances in Brawl, what sort of new DK stage could be made to go along with the extra representation of the DK franchise? That is something I actually want to know more than which new DK characters will be in Brawl.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
We all know Diddy will be in and Dixie would play similar to diddy but she would not be a clone.

Her stats would be more or less the same as Diddy's just weaker with better Jumps. Her B+ up would be her hair spin (that Tiny stole) she could possible steal some moves from Tiny's DK64 appearance mainly her crossbow as her neitral B her B > could be a roll type thing maybe and her B v could easily be Simian slam (shared with Diddy) her A moves would be her using her Hair in a fashion comparable to how Tiny will use his tail. Her super could involve Ellie the elephant (a DKC/L3 exclisive animal buddy) and Kiddy Kong.

And if Diddy, DK, Dixie and Krool were added that would make for an interesting event match.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Even though Tiny is my favorite Kong, I must say Dixie has a bigger chance since she's had her own game. I say she's one of the Kong's best choices (2nd or 3rd). We lack Villains, but we lack more Females so in a way Dixie has a point over King K. Rool. I prefer Tiny out of all the Kongs, but Dixie is my second pick. Go Dixie!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Diddy and Dixie Kong paired? No, they are better alone. IC=only team characters, period, no disscussion. If there's two paired character slots, there is 4. That ruins the individuality. Besides, Diddy was teamed with DK in DKC 1, remember? Anyone?

Diddy is in, we all know it. Dixie has a chance becuase of lack of females, and lack of Kongs. Then if any open Kong slots are available K Rool should get it. Diddy has a 99% chance of being in SSBB, Dixie's got a 97% chance for being in SSBB, and K Rool=78% chance. He has a great shot, again lack of DK characters, but more lack of villians (mwyhahahahaha!). O, and keep DK, cause he's awsome!

Go Diddy, Dixie, K Rool, and the return of DK. Plus a few new DK items would also be pretty awsome, and a Didy Kong Racing, plus DK 64 course too would be neat! O ya!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
Diddy and Dixie Kong paired? No, they are better alone. IC=only team characters, period, no disscussion. If there's two paired character slots, there is 4. That ruins the individuality. Besides, Diddy was teamed with DK in DKC 1, remember? Anyone?
you won't believe how many times i've tried to explain this to people.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Personally speaking i would love to see Diddy as much i would love to see Dixie! As long as i see some of the two i would be satisfied! Now about the pairing of kongs people were rumbling about...Indeed it will not be a good idea cause i strongly believe that it will ruin their potential and their "Coolness". If they truly want to add another pair character they should pair up a couple of pokemon pairs...e.g. Latios-Latias(Although i doubt they would ever choose 2 legendaries but i made my point)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai loved the idea of a Diddy/Dixie tag team on his Japanese forums. So I think the only chance Dixie has of being a playable character is with Diddy.

And lets say the Ice Climbers are in Brawl. Diddy and Dixie can have a different duo way of fighting. Maybe they do not split up. And only one attacks at a time. But their B moves are combo moves using both of them. Something as simple as that.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
If only one other character from DK could get in, I'd have to choose Diddy over Dixie.

But you're right, move sets for her wouldn't be impossible to come up with. Plus, her save would already br pretty much in stone.

But if there is a tag team of Diddy/Dixie, it would remind me of the Ice Climbers too much. Would be kind of, well, redundant if that happned since I thought there would be an elimination of "clones" from melee to brawl (either in the form of a deleted character of to luigify them)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I know I'm not welcome here, but...

Dixie Kong? That's even worse than Diddy. Besides her applying to all the objections I've raised against Diddy, has anyone noticed that Nintendo generally doesn't want to use these (really) Rare characters? Sure, you'll see Diddy make a guest appearance here or there (and King of Swing), but when was the last time Dixie was in a game tgat Nintendo developed?
Anyway, I've said my piece; I'll leave you guys to yourselves.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Sakurai loved the idea of a Diddy/Dixie tag team on his Japanese forums.
Sources and don't cite this site or Flip's thread as your sources because as he said they're just what he heard so they aren't very credible.

but when was the last time Dixie was in a game tgat Nintendo developed?
Mario Hoops 3 on 3 and Mario Superstar Baseball...

has anyone noticed that Nintendo generally doesn't want to use these (really) Rare characters?
Then why are Krystal, Diddy and Dixie all still used a lot?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think the thing is that dixie isn't as important to the DK series as diddy and donkey are, she's like rick the hamster or gooey. they were nice characters way back when but i doubt they will make another appearance any time soon. and it is not a guest appearance if diddy kong IS PLAYABLE in the game!!!! geno in mario and luigi superstar saga is a guest appearance, but what diddy has is a supporting cast billing. he has been in most games donkey kong has been in and for a good reason, he is the sidekick.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Dixie was playable in a few recent games, Mario Superstar Baseball, Mairo Hoops 3 on 3, DK: King of Swing and Diddy Kong Racing DS and will be playable in DK Barrel Blast and DK King of Swing DS. So I don't know what you people are talking about when you say she isn't used much...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
diddy kong racing ds was rare developed so i didn't count it, i didn't know about the king of swing games, and you already mentioned the sports games. and although she is used, she is not used as much as diddy and donkey, but it looks like she is making a nice resurgence. i would like to see her get an upgrade like tiny did, but then that means diddy has to grow up too.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sources and don't cite this site or Flip's thread as your sources because as he said they're just what he heard so they aren't very credible.
It was on the Japanese forum Sakurai hosted. Just look at what he had to say and translate it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
you won't believe how many times i've tried to explain this to people.
I know how you feel. I've heard a lot that Sakurai said he liked the Dixie/Diddy team idea a lot. I think that would be a horrid mistake. They are completely diffrent, and Diddy and DK were teamed too anyways. Also that would upset many DK franchise fans (including myself), and could realy make it hard to play as either.

I think IC=only tag team. If you have more than one tag team, you have a dozen. That is how it's gonna end out. They wouldn't even work as a tag team, they are totally diffrent. DKC they revolve around diffrent moves, and you switch who you play as (I do it constantly, lol!). In DKC it is okay, but SSBB, nah.

That would throw them off balance, and there is no way that the DK franchise will be liked too much more from a tag team Diddy/Dixie. That would be throw off the individuality, plus even if it is true (I believe Bowserlick's sources are reliable), Sakurai has yet to poll North America and Europe. That is probably where most the later character desicions lie.

Go Diddy, Dixie, and K Rool to rep DK franchise (with keeping DK of course). :) :) :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Where is this forum? I've never heard of it.
Whoever you got that from, I think they meant poll. If they didn't maybe they meant the official Nintendo website of Japan forum. I'm pretty sure they meant poll, because Sakurai has been looking at a bunch of character idea e-mails. Also Sakurai had some poll, and it was Japan only. Needless to say, Diddy was like tied for second, and Dixie was a bit below him. King Dedede finished on top, and some of the randomest characters ever were chosen.

A lot of wierd Japan only characters I don't know, plus some really wierd/stupid ones. Random e-mails were poulled out by Sakurai, either completely random, or something he like. Quite a lot were Japan only, and some were really random (ex: Link's uncle in ALTTP).

Sonic was never even mentioned, which was pathetic, and Megaman did real well (which isn't pathetic). But still Sonic not in it, lol Link's uncle over Sonic=not probable! Shows that either the random selection polling (I don't even think Sakurai took 100 e-mail poll responses) that he selected or pick at random.

I wonder how Sakurai got Link's Uncle (who is only in ALTTP for like 10 minutes at best, the only game he is in) over Sonic. Bad luck, or simply diffrent characters were wanted I guess, lol. I still can't get my head around that!

Top Bottom