• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Sing-A-Long Mafia - GAME OVER, IT'S A HAPPY ENDING FOR DISNEY!

T-block

B2B TST
gheb, n1 AND n2 were eaten up by the abduction. it's only once i've gotten unlucky and targetted the NK victim

j, that has nothing to do with you not believing my claim then. you're seriously jumping at any chance to cast suspicion on me

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The problem is that while your role -by definition- is supposed to be provable it's not happening in this game at all. Call it bad luck or anything but you can't say it wouldn't strike you as odd if somebody claims a confirmable role and yet by Day 4 he still wouldn't be able to show his role proven even remotely. Especially since the role seems superfluous enough with a closed Neighborhood already having been part of this game it seems like your claim incriminates you more than it gives you townie cred.

:059:

T-block

B2B TST
/confirm

V/LA from evening of July 12 until evening of July 17 - I've got a networking conference to be at... hopefully gonna be talking to some important people. I might have time to spare in the morning/afternoon of July 13. I'm also gonna have very limited activity until Monday morning, as I have friends visiting from out of town.

I did discuss this with the mod and I decided to join anyways, since he really wanted it to fill, and I really did want to play. I know it's pretty unfair to you guys though, but I promise I'll make it up to you guys when I'm actually here.
crumb pre-game, if it matters

didn't do any more because i figured i didn't anticipate having any trouble being believed

T-block

B2B TST
The problem is that while your role -by definition- is supposed to be provable it's not happening in this game at all. Call it bad luck or anything but you can't say it wouldn't strike you as odd if somebody claims a confirmable role and yet by Day 4 he still wouldn't be able to show his role proven even remotely. Especially since the role seems superfluous enough with a closed Neighborhood already having been part of this game it seems like your claim incriminates you more than it gives you townie cred.

i agree it's superfluous, and yes, i can understand your PoV. i am mad frustrated that Sworddancer died last Night, but it is what it is.

i didn't claim for townie cred. i don't expect people to call me town for my role, especially when it hasn't been proven. but at the same time, you can hardly hold my role against me given what else we've seen so far, so how about we go back to making reads based on play?

T-block

B2B TST
and again, it's not THAT unlikely that i'm in the situation i'm in

stop thinking of it as three chances to succeed. it was ONE chance to succeed, with two others being eaten up by an abduction.

John2k4

The End of an Era
If previous Days are any indicator, we'll be waiting here a long time. :/

:phone:

Clover

Smash Rookie
@John- I know that I was roleblocked. What do you think of T-Block's claim? Also, who are your suspicions mainly on, at this point?

@Gheb- What exactly would you like me to talk about? Also, what are your current thoughts on Macman? I totally understand the frustration with this. Town PR's have been essentially useless this game.

I'm agreeing with J, either T-Block or Macman toDay. Gonna wait a bit first though, to hear from Mac.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd like to know who you consider scum and why. Not based on claims but on your reads.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Pain in the *** to read, slightly leaning town for the moment being, J left me a question about them too so I gotta read more into Tblock/Gheb interaction.
I think they're both pretty bad but T-block just throwing an ultimatum on Gheb like that reeks more than Gheb's reach on T-block. At least how i'm reading it.
hmmm not sure why i thought soup was on tblocks side of this

also, I was initially worried about J, but his interactions with soup d1 make me lean towards J not being scum

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Because a legitimate response doesn't deserve an illegitimate vote. /Stubborn

I felt you were pushing an issue too far and feigning it by slapping a vote down when the issue didn't really deserve one, however what you're telling me is that "I'm okay with Swords but i'm gonna vote Gheb instead, he knows I want him dead so i'm gonna move my vote over to another issue." I think you should tell me later on how you feel based on both response if they're aligned, consider me curious.
seems like a prime example of chainsaw defense actually.

Not lookin good for gheb thus far

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
day 1 done:

tblock on gheb and soup -- this essentially highlights what I mentioned in my previous post

after a while however, soup actually does start pushing against gheb in his #399. This is odd because he had just said he didn't like any of the current wagons (of which gheb's was the biggest) and voted john in his #393 and #394

gheb responds to swords wall in his #459 and J's post in his #463 but doesn't ever respond to soups, which was before both of the other posts gheb responded to despite the fact the soup asked gheb direct questions. This seems to me that gheb didn't bother responding to soups post because it wasn't a real push. Soup is also never bothered by the fact that gheb failed to respond

clover does join the juicy gheb wagon in his(her?) #502 despite gheb no longer being the topic of conversation due to talk about inactives. This is the sign of someone whose genuinely suspicious of gheb. If gheb flips scum toDay, this makes clover look really town

I want to lean that T-block/Gheb aren't partners in this association, his push on T-block was completely made out of nothing and only used to justify his original reasoning on swords, I don't see reason for Gheb to put his partner on the line like that only he was feeling really confident. I have my gut telling me Gheb is scum also and I really want to nip this in the bud. I honestly can't believe John's play as genuine this game, his lack of doing anything doesn't sit right with me and I would expect for him to at least vote someone. He hasn't even done that, he's idly coasting on nothing. If i can't have Gheb i want to get rid of John as it's my best shot as far as inactive goes.
the bolded is odd given that soup never actually votes gheb, and at this point in time, theres 5 players on the gheb vote count (the strongest wagon at this point), so a gheb lynch could have easily been attained. Soup could have easily "had gheb"

rake actually calls soup out on this and soup responds here and in the post directly after. Despite soup appearing to be behind a gheb lynch, his actions never line up with it

#607 continues this pattern of soup being strongly behind a gheb lynch but not actually committing.

Soup is willing to lynch gheb... but are you gonna do it soup

nope

There's a clear pattern of soup pretending to being behind a gheb lynch but never actually goes through with it. We know soup is scum, so if gheb was town, wouldn't it make sense for soup to push the most popular wagon on a townie who he's already suspicious of?

I think a better explanation of soup's behavior is that gheb was soups partner, and since gheb had a lot of heat on him and could have been lynched. Soup wanted to appear to be against gheb when he got lynched and flipped scum so that Soup would look like obvtown the next day. But soup didn't want to commit to gheb if there was a chance that someone else would get lynched. Like smoth...

so gheb is definitively scum

vote: gheb

sorry tblock for being a ******* earlier

on to the next 2 days

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ok J =D

also john2k4 is looking bad to me again from my d1 reread. Soups random vote on him seemed weird. but john's nowhere near as good as gheb (in the department of being scum)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
also J was that in response to my larger post? (1 min doesn't seem like enough time to have read it)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I skimmed it, but I am not going to fully read it all until you have fleshed everything out so i can just sit and read it in one sitting.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
RF eventually was leaning town on Gheb, apparently for reasons already said in thread and more in depth in our Neighborhood, Ryker/Swiss were arguing on Macman a lot, Swiss wanted mac yesterday and Ryker was sitting more null with him. A big issue that came up was your slot, both basically wanted you dead. I admit I was kind of cautious towards them, they seemed so open about things and willing to work with me, you kinda feel like you're being strung along at times, especially when they would **** with me by creating fake hydra QT links. This was at the beginning though, and through time it wasn't bad at all, Ryker would post a ton in the QT, and I would often post back, there wasn't a real connection with reads however, Ryker would ask me to comment about something and I would reply, but there never was a chance where we got to sit down and talk about things.
this looks even worse for gheb and better for J (and me)

jussayin

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
On John2k4 -

His play matches his scum meta much more than his town meta:
I compared his posts in this game with both ModMafia and Paper Mario Mafia. He is showing the same timid and scared behaviour as he did as scum, whereas as town he is generally less afraid of making posts.

His other activity suggests that he is “hiding” behind being too busy to keep up with this game:
Invites to Deadpool mafia were sent out towards the end of D1 in this game, with the invitation explicitly stating that a high activity level would be required. John accepted, despite being behind here, promising many times to catch up in this game. He also mentions in this post that he was reading TTYD, a game that had already completed, during N1. By the start of D2, he still had not put any effort into continuing his catchup here.

John is not an *******. I’d like to think that if he were town, when he expresses regret and apologizes for being unable to deliver content he is being sincere. That leads me to believe he is exaggerating how little time he has to give to this game in order to avoid giving content - this links back to his scared scum mentality.

Soup’s interactions with John suggest scum distancing:
The above two points are admittedly relatively weak. This point forms the core of my reasoning on scumJohn. Read post 393 and the one following it within the context of the events current at the time. Discussion was focused on me vs. Gheb, with a wagon on Gheb and a potential wagon building on me and he decides to quote the votecount and vote John out of the blue. It looks very much like an attempt at distancing.

Moreover, look at post 486, which occurs after Gheb begins talk of an inactive lynch. His choice is Clover, not John, despite saying that John was his giving him the strongest scum vibes in post 476 - John only gets a sideline mention here. Why Clover over John? Now jump to the end of the Day, as the Shadow Moth wagon was picking up speed. Sworddancer says he would go either John or Moth. Rake says he would go either John or Moth. RF says he prefers John. The possibility of swinging the lynch to the slot on which he had a “goddamn scum-read” (post 814) was very real, yet he votes for Moth in post 728.
such beauty, such elegance

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
J, I'm really annoyed by how you were swayed by John. Just look at how early Soup pushed for John's lynch, what reasoning he used and how consistently he kept sticking to it. Do you really think he'd randomly pick a townie and do that to him? It's so much more likely that he just wanted to bus him ... it's almost impossible to consider John a non-play toDay if you go by logic. If you think Inferno is more suspicious that's one thing. But saying that John isn't suspicious, or likely town is just straight-up wrong. John has to die toMorrow, if he doesn't toDay. The play is between T-Block and J if game's not won by then.

YO

I FEEL YOU

now i just gotta figure out why inferno was the lynch yesterday instead of John....

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Macman, you make the whole thing more complicated and twisted than it actually is. Soup wouldn't have gotten away after my town flip, which is why he hesitated to actually vote for me and kept his options open until the last minute lynch of Smoth. If I were actually scum he would NOT have hesitated to bus the living hell out of me, especially when I was in a situation like that. He only wanted to gain the pro-town cred upon my town flip.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Macman, you make the whole thing more complicated and twisted than it actually is. Soup wouldn't have gotten away after my town flip, which is why he hesitated to actually vote for me and kept his options open until the last minute lynch of Smoth. If I were actually scum he would NOT have hesitated to bus the living hell out of me, especially when I was in a situation like that. He only wanted to gain the pro-town cred upon my town flip.

um, yea he would have easily have gotten away. soup was considered by all to be amazingly town. noone would have gave him **** for lynching ghebTown

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
There is Me+Clover+Vinyl as town (for me)

Teams are Macman-TB

or

Gheb-John. (That just sounds so weird)

Ugh. This is stupid.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
don't think where i go in the claim order matters

"Why Should I Worry?" from Oliver and Company - Town Networker

anyone who knows RR should know there's no way this isn't a role in this game xP

i target someone at Night and can open a QT with them the following Day, alignments unconfirmed, no consequence if i target scum

pretty unexciting, but even less exciting considering i haven't successfully used it yet

Soup N1, which did not go through due to abduction
unused N2 due to being abducted
Sworddancer N3

yeah, i was surprised to see neighbours along with my role
law l

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
J, imma be pissed if you don't see how immaculate my gheb reasoning is.

vinyl unvote me

I'm not moving off of Gheb for the rest of today. Won't even compromise and go with John, Gheb has to go today.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gosh, after reading that claim again, I just want to straight up lynch him no questions asked even more.

Vote: T-Block

Macman, your reasoning on Gheb is solely based on connections to Soup. Can you give me something more...concrete?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
um, yea he would have easily have gotten away. soup was considered by all to be amazingly town. noone would have gave him **** for lynching ghebTown
Not when it became so obvious that the Gheb wagon was BS to begin with. And the way Soup kept his options open until the very end would've been noticed at least by Brodancer. There was a reason why Soup kept his vote on the easier target throughout the entire Day 1.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
J if you don't unvote TB... i swear to GOD

and no, that's all that necessary. Reread the game **** is so blatant. Soup should and WOULD have gone with the gheb lynch if gheb was town. theres no reason for soup to have not ONCE have voted gheb, yet *****ed about him being scummy the entire time

Top Bottom