• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Presents: Kingdom of Combat (a Disney-themed platform fighting game)

Which version of Mickey Mouse should we use?

• Classic Mickey Mouse

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Fantasia Mickey Mouse

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll pass on the costumes, but as for the characters...
  1. Tinker Bell - She's not a Disney mascot for nothing.
  2. Mary Poppins - I'm doing this for AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's sake. Just please find another character if she doesn't get in.
  3. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Having the Dwarfs and woodland creatures protect Snow White is an easy solution. Making Snow White get hit a OHKO raises the bar for me.
Honorable mentions to go Goofy, Yen Sid, and Merlin.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I'll wait a couple more days before ending the voting section for Jobs #59 and #60

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
YI've taken my time, but now let's review the results for Jobs #59 and #60:
Job #59
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 5 votes
SmasherMaster: 1 vote

Master Hero's alts will be used for Jack Skellington!
Job #69: Jack Skellington's Costumes
  1. Default
  2. Sally (Patchwork clothes and a red frill)
  3. Oogie Boogie (Green clothes and skull)
  4. The Mayor (A top hat on Jack's skull)
  5. Sandy Claws (Jack's Santa suit)
  6. Pumpkin King of Halloween (Based on this outfit)
Congratulations to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye for these great alts. You managed to nail both the recolors (where you referenced the most important characters) and the alternate costumes (where you took full advantage of the great alternate costumes seen in the movie). Bravo!

----
Job #60
Cheshire Cat: 1 point
Mary Poppins: 5 points
Tinker Bell: 6 points
Donald Duck: 17 points
Merlin: 1 point
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: 2 points
Yen Sid: 3 points
Goofy: 13 points

Donald Duck will be our next playable character!
#21_DonaldDuck.png

Congratulations to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye (you were on a roll!) for submitting this character. I've already gone at length on how much I love Donald Duck. I believe that he is the perfect character for a game like this and I personally can't wait to design more stuff for him. I'm so hyped, I love Donald so much!

----
Job #61: Submit a stage for Donald Duck
Job #62: Submit a boss

These two jobs are kind of basic, I know, but I believe we should add a few more bosses since, at the moment, we only have Chernabog (who is like the most obvious boss in a game like this).

I also want to inform you that until the next week I won't be able to update this thread. I'll try my best to keep reading your updates and submissions and, since the gap between the submissions and the voting section will be somewhat long...
Suggestion Time!
What do you want from this thread? Does it feel lacking in some areas? How could I improve it? I'll listen to your suggestion and I'll try to do my best to improve Kingdom of Combat!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Gantu KHBBS.png
Job 60: Gantu(Lilo and Stitch)

Here's the reasons why I've picked Gantu: He's big enough to be a boss, he's a classic 2000s disney villain and he's from a franchise represented by a fighter.
Battle Theme: M'Kaukau?
Here's how the battle will go:
He mainly attacks through laser blasts(either tracking shots or rapidfire) that you can reflect back at him. Sometimes he uses a charging attack which can be jumped over. He'll also try to step on you

Job #61: Donald Duck's Turf
I choose Duckburg.
Duckburg (2017) | DuckTales Wiki | Fandom

It would be a travelling stage.
  1. Donald's Houseboat - The first layout of the stage. You can wind up rocking the boat if you're not careful.
  2. McDuck Manor - After visiting the houseboat, you wind up in front of Scrooge McDuck's mansion. This is the sturdiest location on the stage.
  3. The Money Bin - It deserves its own separate location from McDuck Manor. Don't get too cocky, however, as this is the most hazard-filled part of Duckburg.
  4. Downtown Duckburg - While this fight is going on, the Beagle Boys are robbing all the banks in the area. This makes them excellent stage-exclusive throwing item fodder.
And then, it turns out you go right back to Donald's houseboat.

Job #62: New Boss
I would select Madam Mim for this.
Madam Mim | Disney Wiki | Fandom

The arena of choice would take place during the Wizard's Duel sequence in the movie, only instead of Merlin, it's your character of choice that fights back against the mad sorceress.

darkvortex

Smash Lord

Hades
The god of the dead and lord of the underworld. Perfect for a boss role. He'd use all sorts of fire based attacks and could even summon the Titans.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Disney Boss:

Resubmitting Big Bad Wolf (Silly Symphonies)

Zeke_midas_wolf.jpg

One of the oldest Disney villains I can think of to represent older Disney cartoons some more. He's even managed to make appearances in more modern pieces of Disney media. But, he is definitely up there in the panthenon of Disney villains. He can fight as a boss by concocting a plan of some sorts to get the fighters in danger or so. Tons of fun we can have here when designing what he does as a boss fight.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 62: Shere Kahn (Jungle Book)

download.png

Shere Kahn is the main villain from Jungle Book,he is a tiger considered the lord of the jungle.

Shere Kahn as boss will be he attacking giving scratches and bites

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job #62: Boss

I think eventually we should have a job submission where we have a boss that doubles as a grand finale for a playable character, ala Giga Bowser or Ganon. Until then, I will nominate

THE TITANS
1691011798067.png

The Titans work almost as a miniboss rush, where they would have much shorter HP Bars than normal bosses, but they happen right after each other in random. When fighting them, where each titan uses their elemental attacks for example.
- Stratos causes heavy wind on the boss stage.
-Pyros causes part of the stage to be covered in lava.
-Hydros causes certain parts of the stage to develop ice physics.
-Lythos will throw boulders.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
The Money Bin
1691015572246.jpeg

The layout changes each time you open the stage, it could be flat, wavy, spiky.

Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
1691015275688.jpeg

Big enough to be a boss, classic Renaissance villain.
Attacks with dark magic, shape shifting and the trident.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
All righty, here I am, back to business!
Job #61
Job #61: Donald Duck's Turf
I choose Duckburg.
View attachment 375403
It would be a travelling stage.
  1. Donald's Houseboat - The first layout of the stage. You can wind up rocking the boat if you're not careful.
  2. McDuck Manor - After visiting the houseboat, you wind up in front of Scrooge McDuck's mansion. This is the sturdiest location on the stage.
  3. The Money Bin - It deserves its own separate location from McDuck Manor. Don't get too cocky, however, as this is the most hazard-filled part of Duckburg.
  4. Downtown Duckburg - While this fight is going on, the Beagle Boys are robbing all the banks in the area. This makes them excellent stage-exclusive throwing item fodder.
And then, it turns out you go right back to Donald's houseboat.
The Money Bin
View attachment 375496
The layout changes each time you open the stage, it could be flat, wavy, spiky.
The two submissions are:
Duckburg (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
The Money Bin (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

Vote for your favorite submission. Your own submission CAN be your choice.

I am going to vote for Duckburg. Not only could it include Uncle Scrooge's Money Bin, but it can also feature some other iconic landscapes of Duckburg. Plus, I think that there's a non-zero percent chance we might end up getting Uncle Scrooge, later down the line. Or at least, that's what I hope for...

----
Job #62
The submissions are:
Gantu (submitted by Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Madam Mim (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Hades (submitted by darkvortex darkvortex )
Big Bad Wolf (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Shere Khan (submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
The Titans (submitted by SmasherMaster SmasherMaster )
Ursula (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

Vote for your three favorite submissions. Your own submission can't be your first vote. Here are my votes:
1. Hades: I think that he'd be both hilarious and incredibly fitting as a boss character. I like the idea of him summoning the titans, though, especially if it happens to boost his attacks when he is a bit weakened (like, let's say, you deplete 50% of his total HP). And besides, the interactions he'd have with the characters would be amazing.
2. Madam Mim: if she were to be a bit more iconic, then she would have stolen Hades's first place in my list. I think that Madam Mim is very fitting and would make for a challenging, but entertaining boss fight with her multiple animal forms. And if she goes below 50% of her total HP, then maybe she can turn into a dragon? I don't know, the sky's the limit with Madam Mim, really!
3. Gantu: since Stitch is already in the game, Gantu would be the perfect boss fight to contrast our beloved Experiment 626. And I believe that he'd make for a memorable boss too!

Shoutout to Ursula, whom I sincerely love, but I like her so much that I believe she'd be best used as a playable fighter instead of a boss.

1: Hades - Even if we don't have Hercules in the game, we should still have something from that film represented here. Better a Hades boss battle than nothing.
2: Ursula - Another iconic Disney villain with such an easy boss battle to map out. Maybe when her HP is below 25%, she uses the trident for her own wicked ways.
3: Madam Mim - Why do you think I specifically mentioned the wizard's duel scene for Mim's boss fight? Because it would be entertaining to see you up against her unpredictability this time around.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
So, I’m using my phone, so I won’t be able to upload images, but I want to round things up with Jobs #61 and #62.

Job #61
Duckburg
swept the competition, so it will be Donald Duck’s home stage! Congratulations to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye for having submitted such an iconic and fun location for Donald to scuffle!

Job #62
Gantu: 4 points
Madam Mim: 10 points
Hades: 17 points
Big Bad Wolf: 3 points
Shere Khan: 0 points
The Titans: 3 points
Ursula: 5 points

Hades will be out next boss!

Congratulations to darkvortex darkvortex for the winning submission. Honestly, Hades is lit (pun intended) and makes perfect sense for a boss, almost on par with Chernabog. For the next boss, I hope we’ll find a non-godly being, though…

So, since it’s going to be vacation time for me, I guess that this thread is going to be on hiatus until early September. Of course I’m not staying out for that long, but I won’t have much time to consistently update the thread, so I’d rather wait until I can be more consistent.

See you in a couple of weeks, then!

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I find it a little weird we haven't done an "animation cel" prompt. Also, I think we have two items that do the same thing.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone, I'm back, but I have an important announcement for you.
In the next few weeks, I'll face some radical changes in my life (I'm moving to a new town and I'm starting my master degree course). This means that I'll probably have less time to spend on this thread and on SmashBoards in general.
As such, I won't probably be able to consistently update Kingdom of Combat, especially after I will have moved (which is happening in a couple of weeks).
What I am asking you is if you are okay with this sort of "slowed down" thread. Otherwise, since I don't want to force you to agree with my terms, I am completely fine with handling the "leadership" of this project to someone else. I'll make sure to updating the OP even in this scenario.
The poll will be open for a couple of days. If you are interested in taking over the thread, send me a DM.

EDIT: It seems that I am not able to add a poll right now. So I'm asking you to please state whether you are ok with a slowed down thread or you'd rather have a new person in charge of the jobs.

Ok, back to new Jobs, but before that:
I find it a little weird we haven't done an "animation cel" prompt. Also, I think we have two items that do the same thing.
I wanted to wait until we have a few more characters, as some of the Animation Cells might work just as fine as playable fighters, but while we're at it...
Job #63: Submit an Animation Cell character
Job #64: Submit a new character

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job #63: Animation Cel
Julieta Madrigal (Encanto)

Julieta works similarly to how Isabelle operated as an assist during Smash 4. She throws arepas towards the person who summoned her.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I am fine with the thread running at a slower rate. I am busy with my life as well.

Animation Cel Character

Country Bears (Country Bear Jamboree)

Country-Bear-Jamboree-1180w-600h-1180x600.jpg

This is for some more Disney Parks representation here. Basically, they function similarly to the Squid Sisters assist trophy. They play music and the camera zooms in on them for a short time causing the blastzones to get smaller. They disappear after a little while.

Fighter

Resubmitting Luxo Jr (since everyone is tired of me submitting Mary Poppins)

207384ee-9c6c-437b-af53-9bc9880f8966-resize-950x633.legacy.png

I know we have not gotten to the oddball fighters yet really but Luxo Jr is the mascot of Pixar and represents Pixar shorts. I think he could be an enjoyable fighter. When looking at people's fanmade rosters for a Disney platform fighter, there is usually the glaring omission of this famous lamp. However, I feel he should be in with a Game-And-Watch-esque moveset referencing Pixar shorts and such. Luxo Jr. is a true contender here even though we have two Pixar characters in the form of Buzz Lightyear and Mike and Sulley.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman

My Animation Cel submission shall be Reuben (Experiment 625)

Hailing from the franchise that spun off from Lilo & Stitch, Reuben was the experiment made right before Stitch. He has all the same powers as our favorite blue koala dog alien thing as well as full speaking capabilities! ...He's just too lazy to use any of his destructive power and would much rather make sandwiches all day.

He's appeared in Stitch the Movie, Lilo & Stitch the Series, and Leroy & Stitch, among other things.

As an assist I'm picturing him spawning in holding an absolutely MASSIVELY TALL sandwich, struggling to keep it balanced. He'd work like Alolan Eggsecutor in Smash, acting as a wall in the middle of the stage, with the added note that the sandwich stack would occasionally tilt left and right.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Animation Cel Character: Meow Wow(Kingdom Hearts)

When summoned, it acts like the Nintendog assist, looking cute but blocking the stage.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1200px-Peter_Pan_KHBBS.png

Peter Pan
I imagine him as being a bit like Sora. he can fly around the stage, use his dagger, use his shadow, and summon tpTinkerbell.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Animation Cel: Thumper (Bambi)
Stomps his feet and makes earthquakes.

Wreck-It-Ralph

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
All right! Time to review the submissions for Jobs #63 and #64!
Job #63
Animation cel: Lou

Dashes around the battlefield, and grabs projectiles for his collection - you'll want to get up close once Lou's about!
Job #63: Animation Cel
Julieta Madrigal (Encanto)

Julieta works similarly to how Isabelle operated as an assist during Smash 4. She throws arepas towards the person who summoned her.
I am fine with the thread running at a slower rate. I am busy with my life as well.

Animation Cel Character

Country Bears (Country Bear Jamboree)

View attachment 377256

This is for some more Disney Parks representation here. Basically, they function similarly to the Squid Sisters assist trophy. They play music and the camera zooms in on them for a short time causing the blastzones to get smaller. They disappear after a little while.

My Animation Cel submission shall be Reuben (Experiment 625)

As an assist I'm picturing him spawning in holding an absolutely MASSIVELY TALL sandwich, struggling to keep it balanced. He'd work like Alolan Eggsecutor in Smash, acting as a wall in the middle of the stage, with the added note that the sandwich stack would occasionally tilt left and right.
Animation Cel Character: Meow Wow(Kingdom Hearts)

When summoned, it acts like the Nintendog assist, looking cute but blocking the stage.
Animation Cel: Thumper (Bambi)
Stomps his feet and makes earthquakes.
The submissions are:
Lou (submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Julieta Madrigal (submitted by SmasherMaster SmasherMaster )
Country Bears (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Reuben/Experiment 625 (submitted by MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Meow Wow (submitted by Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Thumper (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

Vote for your three favorite submissions. Your own submission can't be your first vote. Here are my votes:
1. Thumper: such a cute and simple yet clever idea! Thumper's effect is nothing groundbreaking (pun intended), but I think it's fine. After all, not all the Assist Trophies in Smash are like Rathalos and Alucard. For our first Animation Cell, I couldn't ask for anything better: Thumper is both an iconic and cute character while also having an effect that is easy to picture even for newcomers. In a nutshell, I believe him to be the perfect start for Animation Cells.
2. Julieta Madrigal: Encanto representation is something I really like and Julieta is a very good choice here. She seems very realistic, probably because she's inspired to an actual Assist Trophy, but I'd argue that she works better than Isabelle in Smash 4.
3. Lou: such a WTF pick that somehow could work for the first Animation Cell. I find his effect to be somewhat intriguing, so that helps too!

----
Job #64
The submissions are:
Agent P (submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Luxo Jr. (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Luz Noceda (submitted by Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Peter Pan (submitted by darkvortex darkvortex )
Wreck-It Ralph (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

1. Wreck-It Ralph: dude makes a lot of sense and I want him to join the roster. For a fighting video game, we've waited far too long before we added Ralph to the mix!
2. Peter Pan: he sounds like a fun and intriguing character. I'd personally love him to have a flying meter (like the Iron Giant in MultiVersus), though I'd be ok with multiple jumps as well.
3. Luxo Jr.: I think that it could work considering how simple the movesets for this game are. Plus, we need a WTF pick and Pixar deserves a few more character (although Luxo Jr. wouldn't have been the first one to cross my mind).

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Ok, time to review the results for Jobs #63 and #64:
Job #63
Lou: 1 point
Julieta Madrigal: 11 points
Country Bears: 4 points
Reuben: 7 points
Meow Wow: 2 points
Thumper: 5 points

Julieta Madrigal is our first Animation Cell character!
Job#063_Julieta.png

Congratulations to SmasherMaster SmasherMaster for having submitted our first winning Animation Cell! Julieta Madrigal (and Encanto representation in general) me encanta muchisimo, so I am very glad to have this character joining the roster, even as an assist character. Plus, I genuinely believe that Julieta's power really makes sense for an assist!

----

Job #64
Agent P: 3 points
Luxo Jr.: 6 points
Luz Noceda: 2 points
Peter Pan: 8 points
Wreck-It Ralph: 15 points

Wreck-It Ralph is our next playable character!
#06_WreckItRalph.png

Congratulations to Northsouthmap Northsouthmap for having submitted the winning entry. Ralph was almost a given character, considering how much it makes sense for a game like this. It also helps that Ralph lends himself very well to a fun moveset, especially after taking into account how much heavyweights tend to be fan-favorites.

----
Job #65: Submit Maleficent's alternate costumes
Job #66: Submit a stage for Ralph

Top Bottom