• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Discussion] Why is Link considered much better in SSB4? I think he's worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoronoaTREY15

Smash Cadet
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
I posted this in the other thread,sorry for the bad quality, but here is some of my Link vids

KirbyInk

Smash Rookie
Link has felt strong against any characters that don't have a lot of mobility and hard-hitting punishes. His projectile game is great on the ground, and for edge guarding. His campy play style is very strong with correct projectile execution. His moveset also plays well into the fundamentals we've seen so far of SSB4.

He is also generally faster overall. I don't think he'll ever be bottom tier, and will probably maintain a healthy top mid-tier ranking with his current balancing.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I did actually.
I even hooked up my Wii and inserted my CD copy of Brawl just to show examples. lol
Dude, my respects. You have just earned my admiration. Like, really.

I posted this in the other thread,sorry for the bad quality, but here is some of my Link vids.
Why in the name of everything Hylia are you posting replays in this thread? We have a video critique specifically for this, and spamming the forums with your less than mediocre gameplay will only get you ignored or flamed.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Warning Received
I posted this in the other thread,sorry for the bad quality, but here is some of my Link vids
You're a terrible player, please dont pretend like you know what you're talking about; because you dont.
Stop posting things until you have actually become smarter and better, we dont need more people like you in this community that just makes us look like a bunch of scrubs.

Here are a few options I'd recommend for you:
1. Sell your game
2. Stop playing Link
3. Stfu
4. Stay casual

Of course, you'd make us all happy if you chose all of them at once.

RoronoaTREY15

Smash Cadet
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
You're a terrible player, please dont pretend like you know what you're talking about; because you dont.
Stop posting things until you have actually become smarter and better, we dont need more people like you in this community that just makes us look like a bunch of scrubs.

1. Sell your game
2. Stop playing Link
3. Stfu
4. Stay casual

Lol!!!!! =) wanna play a match?

KingsHaki

Smash Cadet
NNID
OPKingshaki
3DS FC
3411-1957-0386

1. Sell your game
2. Stop playing Link
3. Stfu
4. Stay casual

Wow. First of all take his advice and play him before you judge him. I am a friend of his and have been playing him for years. We don't go to tournaments really because of jobs/family/etc but when we have he has won them. Also he is posting this here as an example of how Link has gotten better from Brawl to Smash 4, and is it wrong to show off a little? No, what is wrong is not what he is doing it is comments like this that are nothing but hate. Lashing out at someone over the internet is pretty immature and the people we "don't need...in this community" are people who do things like this. I think Prog and others who are leaders in this community and have spoken out against hate would agree; or for that matter anyone who knows you should treat others with kindness and respect. If you think he is not a good player then:

1. Play him before you judge.
2. After playing him if you still feel that way share that with him by critiquing something in a constructive way.

I hope you and @ Elessar Elessar will take my words into consideration as I encouraged @ RoronoaTREY15 RoronoaTREY15 to join SmashBoards in the first place and would appreciate if he was treated better.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Wow. First of all take his advice and play him before you judge him. I am a friend of his and have been playing him for years. We don't go to tournaments really because of jobs/family/etc but when we have he has won them. Also he is posting this here as an example of how Link has gotten better from Brawl to Smash 4, and is it wrong to show off a little? No, what is wrong is not what he is doing it is comments like this that are nothing but hate. Lashing out at someone over the internet is pretty immature and the people we "don't need...in this community" are people who do things like this. I think Prog and others who are leaders in this community and have spoken out against hate would agree; or for that matter anyone who knows you should treat others with kindness and respect. If you think he is not a good player then:

1. Play him before you judge.
2. After playing him if you still feel that way share that with him by critiquing something in a constructive way.

I hope you and @ Elessar Elessar will take my words into consideration as I encouraged @ RoronoaTREY15 RoronoaTREY15 to join SmashBoards in the first place and would appreciate if he was treated better.
Ohhh, did we hurt your feelings? Please show us in the doll where did the Link main make you hurt so we can show you how little we care. Also, did he call you to defend him or something?

I told him that posting that video here would get him flamed, and guess what, it did and will. Also, we don't need to play him. We've seen his matches, and they're average at best. This coupled with what he says in the video and how he introduced himself on the video critique thread won't endear him to us. Not that we do endearing anyways.

And yes, it is wrong to show off a little when you don't have any clear skills to back it up. If these are the best replays he could come up with to show us his skills, then he can't back it up. Go check the other vids in the critique thread to see what I mean. You know, from the Link mains who actually damn move when playing instead of just stading there rooted and spamming into the air. Villager's tree moves more that his Link.

Drunken_Master

Smash Apprentice
"We played about five matches, this guy is really good"
--->Mario misses his Up B as these words are being spoken.
INTRIGUING.

That'd be one thing, but where did you come from?

If your advice against Samus is to assume the other player is bad, you need to seriously reconsider your own skill level. where's your actual advice other than "just watch me win against an inexperienced Samus with a character you don't even play"?

Welcome to the Link boards. Thicken your skin and you can learn from us. And you really want to learn from us.

RoronoaTREY15

Smash Cadet
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
Warning Received
Lol hillarious, who wants to actually play me?

Name on wiiu is the same as here, add me and I'll even put those matches YouTube =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
ugh, i totes wish i brought my 3ds with me so that i can fight you and end this madness once and for all. oh well...

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
@ RoronoaTREY15 RoronoaTREY15 and @ KingsHaki KingsHaki Geez, I have never seen so many people act like ***holes all one one thread on here. You didn't need to put those videos in your post. To everyone else, nice job at being helpful *sarcasm*.

Welcome to the Link boards. Thicken your skin and you can learn from us. And you really want to learn from us.
Get off your high horse, there shouldn't be any players on Smashboards who refuse to help someone over because they don't live up to the "ego" Link players have.

RoronoaTREY15

Smash Cadet
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
Lol too bad u don't have the game lol the guys I was fighting were top notch my record is 180-3 on for glory so I am only seeing the cream of the crop. But I guess I guy without the game will give me a better challenge =)

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
ugh, i totes wish i brought my 3ds with me so that i can fight you and end this madness once and for all. oh well...
There is no end to the madness, only rebirth.

@ RoronoaTREY15 RoronoaTREY15 and @ KingsHaki KingsHaki Geez, I have never seen so many people act like ***holes all one one thread on here. You didn't need to put those videos in your post. To everyone else, nice job at being helpful *sarcasm*.
Welcome to the Link boards, enjoy your stay :D

Lol hillarious, who wants to actually play me?
In due time (translation, can't atm). But really, tone down your attitude. Nobody likes an entitled new comer, specially one who thinks his scrubby replays are jaw droppingly good.

Name on wiiu is the same as here, add me and I'll even put those matches YouTube =)
So intimidating, it almost makes me giggle. Seriously though, will you really, even if you get completely wrecked? Don't make promises you don't plan on keeping.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Read the second part of my post.
I did. You should get a hint, they're supposed to be free, or are you one of those people I need to spell out everything to? I'll be sure to take into account special needs the next time I make a post implying anything, just for you.

Is your avatar supposed to be Brock?

My thoughts exactly Mocha.

RoronoaTREY15

Smash Cadet
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
There is no end to the madness, only rebirth.

Welcome to the Link boards, enjoy your stay :D

In due time (translation, can't atm). But really, tone down your attitude. Nobody likes an entitled new comer, specially one who thinks his scrubby replays are jaw droppingly good.

So intimidating, it almost makes me giggle. Seriously though, will you really, even if you get completely wrecked? Don't make promises you don't plan on keeping.
I'm not trying to intimidate, I honestly came here for people who actually play the game. I'm not new to this game, only to the boards. I'm also still waiting for friend requests/names =)

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice

1. Sell your game
2. Stop playing Link
3. Stfu
4. Stay casual

Or you know... You can stop acting like a whiny, pompous, elitist butthole and actually help the guy improve. Since ya know....that's kind of the point of these boards. What I'm seeing in this thread right now is absolutely disgusting.

Do you somehow think that when you picked up the controller for the first time, that you were instantly "pro"? I'll answer that for you; No, you weren't, nor are you "pro" now. Every player in ANY Community had to start somewhere, and you are no different in that regard, so please desist your arrogant, ignorant, and condescending tone.

I mean, yes, he didn't post the video in the correct thread, but Flaming him for being a new player looking for critique? LOL

If you think tearing down players looking for help, instead of helping them improve is somehow going to improve your Metagame... It won't...ever. Please work on your leadership skills before you even consider the thought of talking down to people that are looking for ways to improve.

Just a thought.

@ RoronoaTREY15 RoronoaTREY15 , Don't listen to him. Everybody has to start somewhere. I'll help to critique your's (or anyone's) videos when I get home later on today. If Link is who you want to play, then you should stick with him.

Don't let anyone tell you any differently.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I have never played Link extensively, so I'm in no position to talk, but I mainly just use him to attack from afar until the opponent is around 40-50% then I go in to actually fight.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
This guy hasn't even said much and you guys are already trying to smack him around. He's not going to budge until you give him what he wants: a match. Your trolling and flaming have no effect on him, so stop talking and FIGHT HIM. You can diss and critique him later. C'mon, go REPRESENT LINK.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Or you know... You can stop acting like a whiny, pompous, elitist butthole and actually help the guy improve. Since ya know....that's kind of the point of these boards. What I'm seeing in this thread right now is absolutely disgusting.

Do you somehow think that when you picked up the controller for the first time, that you were instantly "pro"? I'll answer that for you; No, you weren't, nor are you "pro" now. Every player in ANY Community had to start somewhere, and you are no different in that regard, so please desist your arrogant, ignorant, and condescending tone.
No, I was horrible when I picked up. But I certainly didn't go into the boards, spam my vids in the wrong thread crying out for attention (possibly hoping to get claims and awes) and announced myself to be amazing. I also presented a video, got trolled and mocked, and moved on. I wonder, has he even looked at any of the other vids in the critique thread to compare himself? Or is he basing his ego on his FG numbers?

I mean, yes, he didn't post the video in the correct thread, but Flaming him for being a new player looking for critique? LOL
Again, he didn't look for critique.

If you think tearing down players looking for help, instead of helping them improve is somehow going to improve your Metagame... It won't...ever. Please work on your leadership skills before you even consider the thought of talking down to people that are looking for ways to improve.

Read above.

@ RoronoaTREY15 RoronoaTREY15 , Don't listen to him. Everybody has to start somewhere. I'll help to critique your's (or anyone's) videos when I get home later on today. If Link is who you want to play, then you should stick with him.
He did get critique, in the right thread. Also, he never asked for critique. He literally showed up and said "Hi, I'm an awesome Link player who rocks" and proceeded to show mediocre gameplay. That is not asking for critique, that's asking for mocking when the vids he shows don't support his claim.

Nobody told him anything differently here, just to not spam the boards with his videos.

Like seriously, where did we get such an audience?

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
Who the hell is CoH? The only person I remember whose name may be similar is CbH.
It is a noun and has the following definition

CoH - Someone who has delusionally high opinions of their own smash skills.

Example of usage - Don't be a CoH

other variations of CoH include GYK and CbH.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It is a noun and has the following definition

CoH - Someone who has delusionally high opinions of their own smash skills.

Example of usage - Don't be a CoH

other variations of CoH include GYK and CbH.
How silly of me to have forgotten that. Thank's FSK for showing me the error of my ways.

We need to get @ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive to add that to the dictionary. If we could only get one more person to use it...

RoronoaTREY15

Smash Cadet
NNID
RoronoaTREY15

Just a thought.

Yep, just wanted to fight other players, learn tech, and have fun lol. Then I have of the people saying I'm bad, but don't want to fight me lol. Critiquing is all part of any game, if I didn't want critique I obviously wouldn't post. I came here because I don't fight too many links on for glory. I posted my vids so someone could critique it and show me what I need to do by playing me. If you do not want to play, then oh well lol

Last edited:

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
Can someone play him and either totally beat him or vice versa to end this?

And yeah, what is the CoH's story of origin?

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Then I have of the people saying I'm bad, but don't want to fight me lol.
In due time (translation, can't atm).
What do you think? That we're scared or something? Not everyone is sitting in front of the pc and Wii U all day long just praying for a match, and some even live in Europe where the game still hasn't been released. You see, it's this attitude that makes us like you so much. Again, answer my question, have you watched any other vid in the critique thread?

Again, you only got this heat for being a) Arrogant about being supposedly good when you're really just a bad player; and b) spamming your crappy video because you were so eager to get a reaction out of your "mind blowingly good " Link. If not, why didn't you just wait or settle with the critique you got in the critique section?

Also, your so claimed 130 - 1 ratio, which magically increased to 180 - 3 is quite a low number of matches to really say that you're only fighting the best of the best. Specially from watching at your opponents.

Seriously, stop being a CbH, cut it with the baseless arrogance, you won't get recognition here like that.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Yep, just wanted to fight other players, learn tech, and have fun lol. Then I have of the people saying I'm bad, but don't want to fight me lol. Critiquing is all part of any game, if I didn't want critique I obviously wouldn't post. I came here because I don't fight too many links on for glory. I posted my vids so someone could critique it and show me what I need to do by playing me. If you do not want to play, then oh well lol
To be honest, you put your videos in the critique thread and then proceeded to put those same videos on this thread, just because it was active. I gave some advice along with another user, Powerstar9 but you haven't replied since.

And the main reason why people pretty much lashed out at you was because:

1) You posted your videos twice, in which the second time you posted in a thread that was not for critiquing videos.
2) In your original post, you claimed that you had a 131-1 record in For Glory. Some users could think you're bragging about it for no reason.
3) You're challenging people to play you, saying that you'll upload your matches on your YT (which deters people from actually playing you).

If you wanna play people, try out Anther's Ladder at http://www.smashladder.com/
There should be some people willing to play. If not, try looking on reddit, 4chan or other places for Smash 4 matches. Or try the matchmaking threads within smashboards as well. I'm sure some exists. Don't just post your videos at a random thread that's not related to matchmaking and ask people to play you because it kinda invites a lot of people to disregard what you say.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
To be honest, you put your videos in the critique thread and then proceeded to put those same videos on this thread, just because it was active. I gave some advice along with another user, Powerstar9 but you haven't replied since.

1) You posted your videos twice, in which the second time you posted in a thread that was not for critiquing videos.
2) In your original post, you claimed that you had a 131-1 record in For Glory. Some users could think you're bragging about it for no reason.
3) You're challenging people to play you, saying that you'll upload your matches on your YT (which deters people from actually playing you).

If you wanna play people, try out Anther's Ladder at http://www.smashladder.com/
There should be some people willing to play. If not, try looking on reddit, 4chan or other places for Smash 4 matches. Or try the matchmaking threads within smashboards as well. I'm sure some exists. Don't just post your videos at a random thread that's not related to matchmaking and ask people to play you because it kinda invites a lot of people to disregard what you say.
BryE, you keep adding points with me man, for whatever it's worth. We need more men like you.

Last edited:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings

Finally, someone who decides to stop putting him down and helps him out! He also messed up,but the way people reacted and treated him was just way too much. @ RoronoaTREY15 RoronoaTREY15 you don't deserve the amount of hate you got,but don't put up your videos on two different threads and be careful with what you say because it can sound like you are bragging even if you are not trying to.

Edit: Uh what I swear I clicked edit,but for some reason it posted my edit separately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom