• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Discussion] Why is Link considered much better in SSB4? I think he's worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I did read everything prior and I'm not no kid, my dude. The only thing that's sad in this thread is your apathetic, imperialistic mentality that you're expressing; you seem to think being better than others as players, also makes you "better" as a person. It doesn't. You are not worse or better than anyone. I can however, admit that I was wrong about you not giving him any constructive critique at least.

My point is: I get being assertive about regulating how the threads work cause' I mean... he did act a bit over confident, but relentlessly raggin' on people with stuff like " less than mediocre gameplay" or "try hard scrub" is stereotypically disrespectful, entitlement-driven, unnecessary and makes me wonder how these boards even get people to come in here at all. Also, don't give me that nonsense about "thicker skin" because as long as you are a human being, with a functioning/living brain, you will never be immune to emotional pain. Resilience =/= Invulnerability. The saying "stop being so sensitive" is biologically impossible. You don't understand the difference between the intent of your words, and the impact they actually have.
While I'm somewhat new to the Link boards myself, this is not the first time I've commented in the Link threads either. As I said earlier, I don't mean any disrespect; I've been learning Link for a little over a year now (from Brawl). I'm just trying to help with the learning experience and overall just have fun in doing so as I'm sure you guys do as well.
Look kid, you'll be kid from now on for me because I am 100% positive I'm older than you and as such I get the right to call you kid.

I find it real cute that you think you can glean something, anything, from my mindset or mentality from a handful of clearly troll posts. Really, it's cute. Also, do you know the definition of cute? It's a politically correct synonym for pathetic. I gave you a nice chance to stop there since, in case you haven't noticed, we don't relent. This is the way it has always been, and will always be in the Link boards. You break one of the rules, you get flamed. Period. We do not do it because we think ourselves superior, we do not do it because we think ourselves as better players. We do it because we're bored and it tickles out funny bone. End of story. I know how this might sound to you; you made it quite clear in your previous posts, and you know what, I - we - don't care because unlike most of the carebear bubble children on these boards my ego and self-worth are not defined nor affected by what random people who will never have a single impact on my real life may say or think about me. See, that's what we mean by "thicken your skin". It's not a who's tougher contest as some other egohungry poster commented; it's a life lesson that will serve all of you children in the real world.

Also, this isn't bullying since I didn't seek him out to continue putting him down. In fact, this whole thing was over until you came and decided to try...what? Change out minds? No, seriously, what on Earth did you expect to accomplish? That I would read your pathetic attempt at defending some random nobody and feel remorse? Do you even realize how futile your post was? Did you really expect to write such a moving convincing story that would end all discord here? Because if you did, then that is indeed sad.

Now, I know that while reading this your blood is boiling and you feel insulted and offended and who knows what else...inflamed, since you seem to have a penchant for big words, but do yourself a favor and stop replying. You won't accomplish anything beyond more trolling and more flaming. If you want to stay and learn, then you're welcome as long as you play by the rules and thicken your skin because we tell things as they are, no sugar coating.

Now get this through your skull. You won't change us, nobody will change us. You either adapt to us or leave. And as Shin said, trust me you want to learn from us.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm never in the Link boards regardless of the game as I'm not too interested in him so I'm largely unaware of the house rules. However, I'm aware of the Global Rules which explains that flaming and trolling are prohibited and discouraged on the site. I don't care if this is common practice in the Link boards and its the boards "culture" but any sort of flaming/trolling is not tolerated according to the Global Rules. You can give constructive criticism without trying to tear people down and throwing silly insults in regards to reading comprehension or grammar. These rules apply to all of Smashboards and character sub-categories and sub-forums are not except from these rules - regardless what people May think. Cool down the insults and personal attacks or there will be consequences. This also applies to spamming and double posting. If you need a refresher on the Global Rules, http://smashboards.com/help/terms. As well, if there's people breaking these rules, please report them so the staff can take care of it.

As for the discussion at hand, it's fluctuating between being relevant to being lock-worthy. Let's keep it relevant, folks.

Last edited:

Drunken_Master

Smash Apprentice
I'm never in the Link boards regardless of the game as I'm not too interested in him so I'm largely unaware of the house rules.
This is not a good way to warm yourself to the locals. It comes off as "I don't know how things work here, but I'm going to give instruction anyway".

Stick around a bit, try out the social thread, get to know the culture.

However, I'm aware of the Global Rules which explains that flaming and trolling are prohibited and discouraged on the site
See, this is exactly what I mean.

You already have told us you have no stake in this board, and still you're trying to change it for the worse. While your time and energy are appreciated, they are unnecessary.

I don't care if this is common practice
This is good. Apathy towards the actions of other people on the internet is the first step toward Thick Skin™, and since our ways are unlikely to change (we've literally been this way for years), this prevents you from experiencing disappointment as well.

Cool down the insults and personal attacks or there will be consequences
You mean like the last time a new game came out and non-Link mains tried to get a handle on the Link boards? That didn't last long.

You're in Rome, do like the Romans. The board is more active because a new generation of smash has come out, and there are some tender feels exposed to the horrible, callous internet. It'll pass, they'll either go back to lurking or toughen up and become Romans.

I welcome you to get to know us, or to pass along through if you truly have no interest in Link, but until there's a neat little Link icon below your name, this is not your home. You probably just should have locked the thread. It's been derailed beyond repair and serves no use in furthering Link's metagame. As someone else put it:

"tl;dr, Link is better now, thread is useless"

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Locking this thread since I don't see it as really being helpful towards becoming a better player arguing over which incarnation of Link is better. It was good that it got discussion (which I do encourage) going but it has since then driveled into a bit of flaming. So I'm sorry that I'm going have to lock this.

Anyways looks like the general consensus is that Link is better in this incarnation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom