• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disco Room from the Disco Room! DGames Reject Copy

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
rwarg okay

i refuse to let those people who have never played hide behind that excuse

guys lets think
the only way to make a logical/correct lynch is with infomration right?

what do yout hink is the best way to gain information

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
@Bungle
Making a lons post on the first day is generally not bad, it's just you should try to jump the gun to find someone, seeing you're not actually going to find someone on the first day.
bad assumption is bad. with only nine players its completely possible to find someone the first day. it's harder, for sure, but don't rule out the possibility.

Yeah only one thing :o

u?
care to elaborate what sticks out to you?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
well probably look at the posts and see if someone is suspicious.
'course even that isn't accurate as they could be pretending to be suspicious

so you could try to pressure them?
seems like the obvious answer to me.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Okay. So from what I've been reading nothing really happened. There seems to be a lot of new players, too.
Just to help new players, Day 1 is consider RVS or Random Vote Stage. The idea is to try and start discussion and begin from there.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Actually Today, we've prety muched mvoed out of that because of Kevin's questions.

@rPSI : I don't see how that's relevant to what i said. I said nothing about yoru strategy. I just stated assuming taht we wont lynched scum the first day is a bad assumtion.

Ndayday : Why would someone want suspicion thrown onto them?

ndayday

BRoomer
To distract the mafia?

I have no idea. A lot of stuff can happen in this game I'm guessing.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
@Bungle
Making a lons post on the first day is generally not bad, it's just you should try to jump the gun to find someone, seeing you're not actually going to find someone on the first day.
Okay. Wait.
Kevin made a long *** post. A bit suspicious if you ask me.
You find long posts suspicious but it's generally not bad?
Also, may I ask how are long posts suspicious?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i can agree that long posts can make it look like someones feigning activity and being useful, thus making them suspicious to a degree. Though, i dont see kevin's falling under taht catagory

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Unless this:
Bungle
Was the answer of your question then it makes no sense.
Suspicious = Long posts
Long posts = not bad
Not bad = suspicious?
I really don't see it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
TBH, I would be most suspicious of experienced players. Too early in the game to tell though.
This is a terrible flawed way to play, roles are handed out in a randomized fashion so if you say the more experienced players I need to be suspicious of more you're limiting yourself because you could be wanting to make them seem scum in your eyes and then cause misreads in how you're playing the game.

Just a bad way to go about it imo.

On the first day:
Not Bad = Suspicious
What does that even mean?

Unvote: SauceKay (for obvious reasons)
Vote: KevinM
Sup bro we're trying to make it out of the RVS since it's barely beneficial to town in a game with a lot of newer players, would you like to perhaps contribute, maybe with some more sensible posts or perhaps an elaboration of suspicion?

bad assumption is bad. with only nine players its completely possible to find someone the first day. it's harder, for sure, but don't rule out the possibility.

care to elaborate what sticks out to you?
Agreed, bunglefever is looking kinda townie. Would like to keep him around for now

well probably look at the posts and see if someone is suspicious.
'course even that isn't accurate as they could be pretending to be suspicious

so you could try to pressure them?
seems like the obvious answer to me.
But the question remains, what do you think is suspicious Day? You seem to really want to try and make the most neutral answer possible so lets dig this deeper.

Is buddying suspicious?

How about tunneling on one specific person?

Do you think you have an accurate guess of what you would find suspicious right now, because that's a rather broad statement you made.

So many people jumping on voting so quickly. I want more info first myself, because votes actually count here.
Town's best weapon is an everchanging vote.

To distract the mafia?

I have no idea. A lot of stuff can happen in this game I'm guessing.
Correct, and its your job to question every piece of it and figure out why the person would be posting it.

Put yourself in the others shoes as both town and mafia.

ndayday

BRoomer
I can see where people could think it is. Buddies could be a range of things, it could be townie+mafia, townie+townie, mafia+mafia, etc. A person would be right imo to think of buddies as suspicious.

I honestly have no idea how to answer the tunneling question

and I don't really find anything suspicious atm

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This is a terrible flawed way to play, roles are handed out in a randomized fashion so if you say the more experienced players I need to be suspicious of more you're limiting yourself because you could be wanting to make them seem scum in your eyes and then cause misreads in how you're playing the game.

Just a bad way to go about it imo.
I think a better word would be "catious" rather than "suspicious". It should be natural to be more catious of experienced players. New players fall into traps more easily where as experienced players are likely to evade such traps.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
You should still avoid that bias and view everyone as equal until you can show why you think someone is scummy other than experience.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
we can't base experience as scum since the game roles were given out in random

to assume that would cause disaster to the town since an experienced player could be a valuable asset by helping the town finding scum

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
rPSI's posts are irking me the wrong way hardcore. He's avoiding questions by beating around the bush. When today asked for elaboration, it took her 3 posts to have it explained. On top of that, it was a blatant contradiction of statements. THEN he asks when night starts. Gonna go ahead at

unvote vote: rPSI

if you really are town you have no reason to play like that.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
then you should say cautious instead of suspicious. All we have here are your words, so you have to choose them carefully.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
XD, if I really were the bad guy, then why would I deliberatley try to beat around the bush. I woudn't want to make any one suspicious of me.

Oh, and I would change my words but editing is not allowed.

Since my logic that goes on in my head doesn't make sense to others, here is what I'm saying. On the first day, you should be catious about everything said, but you have to take it light-heartedly in order to not overcompensate for your lack of knowledge.

I just have different ways of probing information.

Unvote: Kevin
Vote: No Lynch

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i actually agree

i have no idea what he's talkinga bout.

I like my vote where it is until he wants to elaborate more on it

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Ok see, why couldn't you have just said that in the first post.

You were being intentionally vague. It's a circular argument to say "why would i do this as scum?" Because you might for that VERy reason. This is called WIFOM, or Wine in Front of me, for those who are familiar with father of the bride. It's circular and you can't base your defense on 'why would i do this as scum" because then you've opened up the possibility that you MIGHT.

Why are you in such a hurry to end teh day?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I really don't care about the first day, but to find out how people try to read each other. If you want me to answer any questions specifically, without beating around the bush, just quote them. I'm working on a project for History so I'm too lazy to find them myself.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I'm in such a hurry b/c I need to work on my project moar and get some tournie vids uploaded, but I don't want to miss anything.

Top Bottom