• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dirtiest Player in the Game - Wario Social Thread

Labernash

Smash Lord
Oh, I'm doing fine, thanks. Just gotta take care of myself, take my medication every day, etc, etc. Other than that, things are going very well.
Well that's good to hear! Glad you're okay!

I beat Will in a $10 MM at RoS, am I any good yet?
You are if you didn't use the chaingrab, lolololol.

Nah, you're still good. Croi boy.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Hey guys :)

I won doubles at my tournament yesterday going all :warioc: except for the first round. 13 teams. Teamed with an Olimar...it was hype.

Also placed 7th out of 37 going almost all Wario. My baby Wario is coming along ;)

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I got a new bike and now whenever I ride it my friends yell **** like "LOOKING FOR MARIO AGAIN?" "WHERE'S WALUIGI."
"FATASS"
I'm not going wario in tournament anymore

Xatic

Smash Lord
Sup guys,

I've been playing Wario for about 2 years, never thought of coming here and introducing myself until now. Not sure why, probably laziness/college johns.

I just recently came back from an 8 month break from Brawl and I'm trying to get active again.

Actually just attended the same tournament as Tech_Chase over the weekend. Getting 2nd in Doubles teaming with Mikey Lenetia (a :peach:) and placing 9th out of the 37 entrants we had, going all :wario:

I hope to be more active in the forums as well, so I should see you guys around sometime. Maybe I can learn something ;)

Labernash

Smash Lord
Sup guys,

I've been playing Wario for about 2 years, never thought of coming here and introducing myself until now. Not sure why, probably laziness/college johns.

I just recently came back from an 8 month break from Brawl and I'm trying to get active again.

Actually just attended the same tournament as Tech_Chase over the weekend. Getting 2nd in Doubles teaming with Mikey Lenetia (a :peach:) and placing 9th out of the 37 entrants we had, going all :wario:

I hope to be more active in the forums as well, so I should see you guys around sometime. Maybe I can learn something ;)
Boom time.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Oh yeah I also went to a tourney on Saturday.

Got 1st in my pool beating a Link/Falco, a Tink/Lucario, a ROB, and I lost to a better ROB. I had the best score overall, though.

In bracket I lost two and out to a Wario ditto and a Marth main (who plays me all the time and knows my habits, lol). Both sets were amazingly close though. And if I won either of those I would've had to face a DDD so I guess it's all good, lol.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I might be using Wario on some key matchups so that he gets better too while my Pit continues being dominant. I played against Arty's GW for example because he asked to do it, and he won the game. I won the set with Pit, but either way, it means that my Wario needs to keep his mu experience.

I will be accepting exhibition matches every so often, mms, and bracket games with Wario if the opponent uses someone I'm not familiar with fighting using wario in other words :)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Sup guys,

And so it begins....

:yeahboi:

Also thanks to Polly for the props.

Limeee

Smash Champion

Labernash

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just won a scrub tourney, and got store credit! I got Mario Party DS, and a WARIO PLUSH!! Wooo!!

And Limeee, I can't watch videos as of now, but you might get something if you DID post that in the Video thread. That's our critique thread now, haha!

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Wario Directory

Hey all,

I haven't been active in here for a LONG time and I think it would be best if the mods of this board let someone else take over the Wario Directory for the good of this community. It would be nice if I could get a little shoutout on it like "originally posted by KrazyGlue", but honestly it doesn't matter that much. I just think that someone more active should take ownership of the thread so they can keep it updated with helpful links for people new to this board.

-KG

Labernash

Smash Lord
Cool beans Pie!!! That's good, considering TO's always do worse at their own tourneys.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
A potentially useful gimmick--

When Wario throws the bike upward, the part of the bike that is behind him is very low to the ground. If an opponent is overlapping it, they will get hit immediately and the bike will not get thrown high; instead, it will start bouncing, as it always does after it hits an opponent. I've hit a standing Meta Knight this way, so it leads me to believe that it can hit any character, no matter the height.

For characters that would like to grab us when we pick up the bike, if we throw it up immediately with our backs to the opponent, we deal ~12%, and reset the situation with a large hitbox threatening to deal much more punishment. Many people are disoriented by what happens, which can allow you to get them with a grab and deal crazy amounts of damage between the bike and your moves.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^whats the frame data on throwing huge items? Like if someone is trying to dash grab me, could I reasonably get them first?

Also I learned something kindof cool recently. You can bite the top of Snake's uptilt while standing on some platforms.

Labernash

Smash Lord
^whats the frame data on throwing huge items? Like if someone is trying to dash grab me, could I reasonably get them first?

Also I learned something kindof cool recently. You can bite the top of Snake's uptilt while standing on some platforms.
Battlefield's platforms?!?!?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

I don't know the frame data, but it's definitely fast enough to catch someone who reacts to your bike pick-up and decides you're vulnerable.

Out of curiosity, what platforms does that work on?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Didn't try on BF, but I think if it were possible there I would seen it before.

It was Lylat. I saved the replay I'll probably upload it later so I can get a good look at it.

Here we go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuyXjJO2XPQ
Nothing special really, no helpful tilt from the ship. Just platform height and spacing I guess.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea its just the platform height. Its not even reliable and I could only get it to work on Lylat and YI.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I have this capture card now. Does anyone have requests for a specific tutorial or something similar?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Reflex you should totally make a Wario combo video! I've got one in the making right now, we could have a contest to see who makes the cooler one! :)

Xatic

Smash Lord
Got a tournament this weekend. Phoenix Saga 3 in Ann Arbor, MI

Players from OoS will be there including MJG, Kain and MeekSpeedy.

I will be teaming with Mikey Lenetia (:peach:) again since we got 2nd in doubles at Phoenix Saga 2.

Wish me luck guys. I will post videos of this as I get them :denzel:

Xatic

Smash Lord
L

Ended up not doing so hot.

Kind of choked a bit in LFs of teams. Still got 3rd though beating teams like Meek/Sauc3 and Kenny/Gio.

I got pretty wrecked in singles. Something told me that I'd still be alright if I didn't care about pools as much, doing so got me a 3-way tie with people that I normally beat in tourney. So the 3 of us had to play extra sets. I still got into bracket but as a 3rd seed instead of my estimated 2nd. I played against my crewmate, Meekspeedy, first round and took him to game 3 but lost when he went :sonic: on me instead of his :metaknight:
I then in turn play Tech_Chase in loser's and lose pretty badly to his :dedede: for lack of match-up knowledge. I really don't know this MU apparently.

Oh well, I'll get in there next time tho.

3/~20 in teams
17/57 in singles

Xatic out.

Labernash

Smash Lord
L

Ended up not doing so hot.

Kind of choked a bit in LFs of teams. Still got 3rd though beating teams like Meek/Sauc3 and Kenny/Gio.

I got pretty wrecked in singles. Something told me that I'd still be alright if I didn't care about pools as much, doing so got me a 3-way tie with people that I normally beat in tourney. So the 3 of us had to play extra sets. I still got into bracket but as a 3rd seed instead of my estimated 2nd. I played against my crewmate, Meekspeedy, first round and took him to game 3 but lost when he went :sonic: on me instead of his :metaknight:
I then in turn play Tech_Chase in loser's and lose pretty badly to his :dedede: for lack of match-up knowledge. I really don't know this MU apparently.

Oh well, I'll get in there next time tho.

3/~20 in teams
17/57 in singles

Xatic out.
Well, stuff happens. Just SH B-reverse Bite a lot and Sonic's done. And try and get him offstage and waft him out of his up-b on his way up. You'll get 'em next time!

I won a small tournament in Mobile over the weekend. 1st of 10. Yeaaaaah.
I like Mobile.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Don't worry Xatic, my friend's Sonic beat my Wario in a $500 money match... good thing he let me do double or nothing LOL. Yeah the D3 matchup can be especially rough if you're not familiar with it, did you get any videos recorded?

Oh and good job Reflex! Did you get a sweet grand prize? :p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It was the least hyped of a tournament circuit we do in Alabama (it's in the corner of the state, so, no one goes). Set prize--$125 for me.

Also, there was a screw-up in ordering pizza, so we got a single box of cheesesticks. We split them 60/30/10 as the prize for low tier Singles, which I also won. :p

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
LOL that is a sweet prize! I was thinking about hosting a tournament and offering a troy silver ounce for first prize. Would that be a good one you think? In a few years it my be worth more than $125.

Xatic

Smash Lord
I got a few teams matches recorded. I'll upload those (+my choking in LFs)

And I'll post my pools matches vs. MJG, since those were the only singles matches I had of note.

Just waiting on the videos. should have them sometime this week.

Top Bottom