• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dirtiest Player in the Game - Wario Social Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Not realistic to set up. Don't worry about it outside of trying to avoid your partner's shielded Waft in rare Doubles situations.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll see about hitlag stuff when I can.

Also, I was evaluated as a moderator recently, and I seem to have passed with flying colors. :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
I was curious about what exactly is the difference in height between tire throws so I made a custom stage and stacked a bunch of pictures to end up with this.

[COLLAPSE=""]
[/COLLAPSE]

*shrug* just for reference

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
DUDE that is so awesome!! Seriously that is sooo useful to know! I like how the pictures are stacked on top of each other, gives it a nice pixelated look kinda like Super Mario Bros. Uthrowing the tire is IMO one of the best options to do, it creates a bouncing hitbox on the field that you can rethrow or use to trap/pressure your opponent!

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
oh and Reflex, speaking of warfing in an incline way. I was playing Kyon a few weeks back....and..um...
I Warf canceled o_o. meaning that I got hit by his f-smash, or not sure witch move, and I was in high present...for some odd reason, my warf canceled the momentum...and sadly we didn't record it...but I'll ask him if he still have it on his wii.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Was it a fully-charged Waft or a strong-but-not-fully-charged Waft?
I wasn't aware that Down-B had any momentum cancel properties, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised with fully-charged Down-B. If that's the case, though, we would kill ourselves off the top normally, and it wouldn't be useful in most situations.

However, if that's the case, we could DI down against, like, Fox D-Smash, hit the ground, and Waft safely. Super-situational, though.

Labernash

Smash Lord
What about that item drop DI thing which lets you live longer? Where GW can live a Diddy D-Smash till 300% with the bucket? It might could be useful in the scenario where we have a tire, maybe?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What about that item drop DI thing which lets you live longer? Where GW can live a Diddy D-Smash till 300% with the bucket? It might could be useful in the scenario where we have a tire, maybe?
Depends. Can we KO ourselves off the top with a not-fully-charged Waft? If so, I doubt it will help us, but we still have item drop -> Bike. Bike is a momentum-cancel move, but the momentum cancel part isn't instantaneous like it is for G&W and DK.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Depends. Can we KO ourselves off the top with a not-fully-charged Waft? If so, I doubt it will help us, but we still have item drop -> Bike. Bike is a momentum-cancel move, but the momentum cancel part isn't instantaneous like it is for G&W and DK.
That's a good question. I guess it depends on how low we can DI and stuff before we waft. Bike would probobly be more useful in the long run anyway.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
So wait.... how do you do the item drop to bike? Is it just a Z drop? I remember seeing that teaching video showing GnW living to 300%

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
That video was showing an exploitation of insta-throwing as a superior momentum cancel so it's basically AD->c-stick down->bike I would think.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Freakin legit! I try to have a tire in my hand quite a lot, this will be very interesting to try out!

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Was it a fully-charged Waft or a strong-but-not-fully-charged Waft?
I wasn't aware that Down-B had any momentum cancel properties, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised with fully-charged Down-B. If that's the case, though, we would kill ourselves off the top normally, and it wouldn't be useful in most situations.

However, if that's the case, we could DI down against, like, Fox D-Smash, hit the ground, and Waft safely. Super-situational, though.
wasen't fully charge...but it was a getting-full-warf kind of thing. And I tested it and eh...
it was jsut a random glitch that happen. I couldn't find what triggered.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Be more social, Warios. Or else, I will make a thread. A big, pointless
might count as spam; not sure
thread. With fake biogaphies for everyone.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Did you know in terms of gold or silver, gasoline is the lowest price it's ever been? In the 1950's, 1 gallon of gas cost $0.25. One gallon of gas costs LESS than a quarter per gallon, provided that you are using the same quarter from the 1950's. Back then, quarters were made from mostly silver. You would even get change back if you paid in this way, because gasoline manufacturing has become more efficient, while silver holds it's value over time.

Why is this, you ask? One simple word: inflation. The dollars you have in your pocket are made from paper, and they are not backed by anything. There is no gold or silver behind US Dollars, merely government promises. Thus they can be created or printed out of thin air, and in doing so the value of the dollars in your pocket fall. Since the Federal Reserve Bank was established in 1913 and the link to gold severed in 1971, the Dollar has lost 95% of it's purchasing power.

At one point in time, it took $35 dollars to buy an ounce of gold. Now, it takes $1650 dollars to buy the same once of gold. This clearly shows the weakness of the dollar!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Barter system is worse. Lets say I'm an Apple farmer that needs some Oranges, but the Orange farmer doesn't want any ****ing Apples. Then I'm just screwed.

Labernash

Smash Lord
The good news is that, although it costs more money to do one thing, it costs more money for your services too. You just gotta work.

lol @ Tesh. Siging that.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
It shows the weakness of PAPER money! Paper money is money that can be expanded and contracted at will. The government predictably epic fails with this responsibility, and prints tons of money. Loads of it is printed, enough $100 bills to stack to the moon and back 3 times. I don't actually know that for sure but it sounds plausible, since the Federal Reserve has printed literally TRILLIONS (that's a million millions, or a thousand billions folks) of these dollars.

Printing money doesn't actually produce anything of value. Whenever you print paper money and expand the monetary supply, it merely increases the price of things already produced. Every dollar printed weakens the paper dollars already in circulation, resulting in higher prices. As the dollar gets weaker, it takes more of them to buy things. Gasoline is a great example of this!

Get ready for $5.00 a gallon gas this summer. The Federal Reserve is printing like mad, paired with seasonal price increases... *gulp* better buy your gas now folks!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Buy a motorized scooter if you plan on sticking around your city. Something nice about paying ~$2000 for a brand-new vehicle that gets something like 118 miles per gallon; even less for a used and/or earlier year's model.

Croi

Smash Lord
So, use quarters to buy everything? Or switch to trading gold?
Canada uses dollar coins. We even have coins worth two dollars! And yet (as I understand it) we have an assfu*k amount of trees just lying around, not being used to make more paper money.

In fact, just recently we've been printing our 50s and 100s...on plastic! Madness.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
So, use quarters to buy everything? Or switch to trading gold?
Trading in gold or silver is the best way to go. America was on the gold standard for the first 150 years of our country's history. When you have a stable money supply that cannot be expanded by government at will, the result is consistently falling prices and a smaller government.

I love goooooooooooooooold! :D - Goldmember

Xatic

Smash Lord
Next 2 tournies I'm attending before I go back to NY for the summer.

May 5th: SnooPingAsUsual (Co-Host)
Ann Arbor, MI
For this tourney I'm teaming with a :yoshi: (team seems a little weird, any advice? :\)

and

June 16th: Phoenix Saga 4 (Co-Host)
Ann Arbor, MI
Don't have a teammate for this yet but PS3 was kind of a mini-regional and this one looks like it'll be the same.

I don't attend very many tournies when I'm back home because the area of NY I'm from is pretty dead. PikaPika! and KidGoggles still play some, but not nearly as much as they used to. So Summer is normally my break time from Brawl. However, I'm still trying to go to SKTAR regardless.

Wish me luck guys. I'll be sure to bring back better results this time :yeahboi:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm going to the Atlanta area for a tournament this weekend, and then there's one in Auburn next weekend.

Gotta step my game up. I don't like getting fifth place, regardless of who is at the event.

BPx

Smash Lord
I'm going to the Atlanta area for a tournament this weekend, and then there's one in Auburn next weekend.

Gotta step my game up. I don't like getting fifth place, regardless of who is at the event.
yeah, i'm really disappointed with how i did too, especially after playing so well in doubles and 2-0'ing my pool :(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How do you instant-throw? I legitimately do not know. I didn't know how to glide-toss for the longest time either.
You know how you can catch items with an airdodge? Press the C-Stick in the direction you want to throw it immediately after catching an item via spotdodge.

Basically, you do a glide toss input, but the airdodge functions as the roll part.

Top Bottom