• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Direct Leak from 2 Channel (Spoilers) [ANOTHER FAKE?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
"Fake, because I say its fake!" - People in this thread.

No one can tell if this is real or not, no one. It may be fake, it may be real. You don't know, I don't know. I hate how people just assume its fake because a character isn't up there or there are too many reps for one series. Are you the maker of this game? They can add whoever they want. There doesn't need be a set number of reps. Like you guys are saying, wait until the game hits the consumers hands then you will know.
I take back what I said.. This guy is the one who phales.. You cant trust 2Channel you stupid mofo..

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
There are 53 characters.
Sheik and zss are separate characters.
That is why its fake because of ZSS.
It defeats the entire purpose of Samus' final smash because otherwise it wouldn't destroy her suit.
that and

You DO know Zero Suit Samus has her own Final Smash, right? <_<

This is saying you unlock the ability to START as Zero Suit Samus.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And what makes you think he is capable of being made on Brawl?
Look at the specs for the wii if they couldn't make him for the gamecube they most likely will not be able to make him for Brawl.

That is the main reason I posted that.
Because they also couldn't add winged characters to past smashes either...

THis is a new game, a more powerful game with a better physics system

S2

Smash Lord
Well until we get some info that dissproves this, this rumor will probably run rampant.

Its because this list is too good to be true.

Every base is covered, every fan (well except for the 10 million Isaac complainers I've heard today) favorite is in.

Like I said, I want this to be true so badly. The only unrealistic thing is just how many characters there are on it.

This'll get proven soon when an actual leak of the GAME happens. Meaning, someone will be posting screens/movies and not simply a list.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Because they also couldn't add winged characters to past smashes either...

THis is a new game, a more powerful game with a better physics system
i have to contest that, Peach's Glide?
Yes this system is more powerful than the gamecube but not by a significant amount.
hell it can't even process HD which is why I doubt they were going to put sukapon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i have to contest that, Peach's Glide?
Yes this system is more powerful than the gamecube but not by a significant amount.
hell it can't even process HD which is why I doubt they were going to put sukapon.
Winged, as in HAS WINGS...not winged as in can glide. And Gliding is different than peaches glide anyway.

...and yes, the Japanese give Sukapon's chances in Brawl to be VERY high...at least in some form...

He still has a VERY strong fallowing and would be a welcome addition to Brawl...

Stryks

Smash Hero
THE FACT SONIC AND SNAKE ARE STARTERSPROVES THIS IS FAKE, SAKURAI SAID THEY WOULD BE SECRET, IF U BELIEVE THIS UR EITHER ******** OR FREAKIN DESPERATE...

few...

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Winged, as in HAS WINGS...not winged as in can glide. And Gliding is different than peaches glide anyway.

...and yes, the Japanese give Sukapon's chances in Brawl to be VERY high...at least in some form...

He still has a VERY strong fallowing and would be a welcome addition to Brawl...

Maybe because there weren't any winged characters in the game.
It is easier to make a character model than creating a gliding effect. I think Not entirely sure about that.

I like Sukapon I would love to see sukapon in the game, however if Sakurai couldn't put him in melee because of his character model for the GC, I am not too sure they can do it for the Wii since the processor and other things for the wii are stronger but not significantly so.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe because there weren't any winged characters in the game.
It is easier to make a character model than creating a gliding effect. I think Not entirely sure about that.

I like Sukapon I would love to see sukapon in the game, however if Sakurai couldn't put him in melee because of his character model for the GC, I am not too sure they can do it for the Wii since the processor and other things for the wii are stronger but not significantly so.

Of course there wasn't any winged characters in the game...Because they couldn't add them.

The PHYSICS engine of Brawl...depending on how well done, could determine Sukapon's probability...Not the wii...

It's not that hard to actually make floating orbs interact with eachother

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

Of course there wasn't any winged characters in the game...Because they couldn't add them.

The PHYSICS engine of Brawl...depending on how well done, could determine Sukapon's probability...Not the wii...

It's not that hard to actually make floating orbs interact with each other
They COULD have made a character model with wings (i.e. Pit) but for whatever reason did not put them. The GC would have been more than powerful enough to support a character model with wings and I believe could have supported it through physics as well due toPeach's glide. *shrugs*
On the physics I'll take your word for it since I don't know too much about the physics involved in this game.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
This phales so hard, I cant believe Im still here reading this bullshenanogens..
Yeah, this topic fails almost as much as the losers who use phail/phale, ftw, inb4, and other idiotic internet fads.

The roster is fake and we'll be seeing more of them because everyone in here was too dumb to analyze it and realize that this is not only fake, but blantantly fake.

DA

Shuma

Smash Hero
I like how people say this is fake because of the characters. It's fake, but not because of the characters(we all know Sakurai is insane). It's fake because a)All 3 Kirby reps and Pokemon Trainer are Starters? b)Sakurai said Third Party chars would be Secret Characters, could change with Sonic now that he was playable in the E4ALL Demo, but i doub't it would Change with Snake.

Other than that, the Roster is not immpossible, when the Melee roster was leaked everyone said it was fake.

Falco for BRAWL

Smash Cadet
I HIGHLY DOUBT POKEMON RIVAL. the pokemon arent even from different series.
lame. but i guess it would be cool.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman

S2

Smash Lord
I actually find the least believable part being that if all these characters are in...

why has the Dojo been so stingy about character releases the last couple months?

If this was the full roster, they could have done a character a week and still had a bunch to spare.

Currently, I believe that the roster is not going to be as numerous as fans would like, so we aren't getting character updates because Sakurai wants to leave some surprises (we've already gotten more than the average amount of new fighters for a fighting game sequel).

Companies usually tout around how big a fighting roster is if its huge....

AND games that do have huge rosters, usually use some sort of shortcut to get their.

MVC2? It got its 50+ characters because most were recycled, that's why the animation is different between a bunch of them (pause when you see a Darkstalker character attack, then compare it to a new character in that game - you can see how the animation style is different).

There is nothing wrong with them doing that, but its pretty hard to have a huge roster if you aren't building upon something already.

Melee only had 26 characters, Brawl is redoing animation skins for the returning vets... its hard to believe they have the time/man-power to pump out 50+ characters.

maybe... but I'm not counting on it. I'd love to be proven wrong.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Spam.

Spam.

Spam.

God, I love Smashboards. I'm out for the night fellas, enjoy.
Spam. you do realize that picking out quotes that you think are spam and calling them that is also considered spam? stop being a King Dededeeeeeee.

anyways....I'm very skeptical of this roster. It seems like there are waay too many WTF characters taking up space that a more well deserving character could have gotten. I'm calling BS, for now. there have been too many "leaks" lately :ohwell:

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe this at all.

Cel Sahded Link?! HELL NO. I keep saying it, there will be no Paper Mario, 8 Bit Mario, SNES Link and Samus, Cel Shaded Link and Zelda, Mario 64 or any of the other versions of characters just because they look different.
It ain't got nothing to do with WW Link looking different. First of all, his movelist stands to be VASTLY different from TP Link, thanks in part to how they had different moves in their respective games. Besides them sharing the name of Link, and maybe having one or two moves in common, there really shouldn't be any excuse to expect WW Link to be as much of a clone as Young Link was.

But furthermore, face it, Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass are both much more popular Zelda games in Japan than Twilight Princess ever was. The JP fanbase goes more along the lines of Miyamoto's original vision for the series, where Link is supposed to be a child in a whimsical world. It's mostly the West that likes the idea of Link being in a serious, Tolkien-like world.

So, with TP Link satisfying the West, it would be a relatively simple thing to just get WW Link as a way of satisfying the East. And meanwhile, again, there's nothing that points to the fact that WW Link has to be a clone of TP in any form or fashion.

Card

Smash Lord
I don't buy this character list for a couple of reasons;

1) It comes from 2chan
I should stop right here... but that would just be a weak argument.

2) The original poster will not provide a link to the original source.
"Yea... I heard that if you buy Smash Brawl you get a free piece of chocolate cake with it"
"Where did you hear that?"
"Somewhere on the internet but I can't provide you a link"
yea.. you get my point

3) Sakurai has openly stated that the best thing for "3rd party guest" characters would be to make them unlockable.
He lists them as starters... which clearly goes against what the creator himself has said.

4) Why are Snake/Sonic considered Starters, yet Geno, another 3rd party, is an unlockable?
Why would one third party get different treatment to all the others?

5) Pokemon Rival (Turtwig, Croconaw and Blaziken)... the 3 starter pokemon that DO NOT come from the same Generation of Starters.
This one is just plain weird. Am I the only one who noticed this?

Croconaw is from Generation II
Blaziken is from Generation III
Turtwig is from Generation IV

All of Pokemon Trainers Pokemon are from Generation I, why would the Rival have Pokemon scattered on all three generations.

(This also goes against another much more believeable Prophet's description of Pokemon Rival, saying he is just a Boss in SSE, and that he uses Bayleef, Totodile, and Typhlosion, which is also much more beliebeable)

6) Dr. Lobe has been confirmed as a Sticker
I'm sure most of you find it strange that Sakurai would show Dr. Lobe on August 15th (That is a long time ago people) yet he was a Secret Character. Incase most of you have not noticed but Sakurai keeps a very tight lid on his Secret Characters, and never reveals anything beforehand.

7) Shiek is a seperate character from Zelda
Why? One of the more unique and original concepts in a Fighting game. Why would they REMOVE this. Seems strange to me, but it's not exactly the strongest argument, I must admit.... and let me get this straight... Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario takes Zelda's unique moveset, and Zelda loses hers? Just seems strange

8) - Zero Suit Samus (Unlocked to be selected apart from Samus)
Was it not confirmed by a Nintendo Representative at E 4 All that it will be possible to start as Zero Suit Samus by holding down a button at the start of a match? I can't find the quote anywhere but anyways my point still stands... Does anyone else find it weird that there would be TWO Character icons for the SAME EXACT CHARACTER?

9) The fact that it is written as "Pikmin & Olimar"
Face it people; NO ONE Called it "Pikmin & Olimar" until it was announced officially on the Dojo. Everyone said Captain Olimar, or simply Olimar. There hasn't been a person who has literally called it "Pikmin & Olimar" since THIS MORNING. (Note: there is even an & sign! He did not say 'and'). This leads me to believe that this List was created sometime today. Then again since we cannot find a link to the original source........

Face it everyone, we have had prophets with FAR LESS loop holes than this. Why start believing it now?

Take this list with a grain of salt and just carry on.

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
im gonna say this is true. everyone who still thinks that the first 24 characters announced isnt the starting roster is foolish. the 24 that we have been given so far will be playable in the beginning of brawl. you can quote me on that.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
The only reason people are buying this is because the creator put it out there as if it was the real thing, adding in the clever warning about spoilers. Amazing what a couple of wording changes will do to people.

Noob Krusher

Smash Rookie
Look guys. It has been very clear from the get go that there would be no clone characters. And the complaints about using the word "clone" are legit, considering that is what Masahiro Sakurai confirmed, so the posters vocabulary shouldn't sway your opinion. Secondly, the Sheik typo I believe is his own, so chill. My main fault with the article is the Ness thing, as well as Marth and Roy. First off, on SmashBros.com, the page on Lucas pretty well explains that Ness has been in the game "until now." Why would you pawn off someone's moves to another character and then bring him back. Obvisouly they would have given Lucas a moveset. Secondly, Marth and Roy are basically identical, so why would they both be back without a specified "Not a Clone." Also, Zero Suit Samaus alone? iffy. Ridley and K. Rool strike me as Bossess... but IDK...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
- Pokemon Rival (Turtwig, Croconaw and Blaziken)
thealmightygoat said:
Rival Trainer fights in a very similar fashion to Pokemon Trainer. He uses three Pokemon, just as PT does. He uses the three starters from Johto in the same evolutionary stages that PT's are: Bayleef, Totodile, and Typhlosion.
http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/

Oh noes... One or both is fake...

Took my comp like 10 mins to load all of this up so I'm sure I'm late on this.

-Onyx

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
seem like a solid roster...Although I cant imagine why the wouldnt include mega man
Obviously, the "Prophets" are scared to add Megaman after the Inafune interview which said Nintendo never approached him...

MSS

Smash Cadet
First off, on SmashBros.com, the page on Lucas pretty well explains that Ness has been in the game "until now." Why would you pawn off someone's moves to another character and then bring him back. Obvisouly they would have given Lucas a moveset.
Not to supposrt this BS roster in anyway, but if you really read the updates, many things actually have the phrase "until now" even for returning things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom