• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diego Nooooooo 5: Tournament Edition - September 7th, 2013 - Glen Ellyn, IL

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, is anything happening this weekend? If a tournament won't be held, I'll be down for meeting at CoD for a Smashfest or possibly host at my dorm at Northwestern. Note, though, that I need to confirm that the lounge isn't reserved on Saturday and that it will only be a Smashfest and not a tournament.

B.W.

Smash Champion
So long as I don't work, I'm down for Smash any day.

That said, we should do dailies. 75 cent entry.

Scythe

Smash Master
last time i heard that term was when i played WoW like 4 years ago

B.W.

Smash Champion
WoW was the ****, but then they went and ****ed it up.

Except I probably just got sick of it after a while/didn't want to spend the money on expansions.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I can't play classic style MMOs anymore. Too slow for me. It kind of makes Monster Hunter a blessing. Too bad it has no PvP.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Never played MMOs much, always found them to be endless questing and grinding. This isn't much better, but its free and the combat is entertaining. Also you are encouraged to play PvP starting at low levels as well as other group play where it automatically matches you with a group. Its still beta so the classes aren't balanced; right now I believe wizards to be really weak and clerics are really strong. There are 2 fighter classes (one for offense and one for defense) and a rogue class, all of which are really strong too. Theres some platforming elements and some micro for those who look to exploit those types of things and every class has a roll of sorts that gives burst movement and some invincibility to dodge attacks.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Maaaaybe I'm not 100%. Why are you planning something?
It sounds like a gathering at CoD is happening on Saturday, so I was just wondering if you were going.

Could someone ask Kirk to modify the OP so that people know something is happening?

Scythe

Smash Master
I work on saturdays for the next couple weeks so I can't go to these and I'm not sure Kirk has any interest in CoD smashfests. Maybe one of you guys can make your own thread dedicated to CoD smashfests and just bring it up whenever one is scheduled.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I work on saturdays for the next couple weeks so I can't go to these and I'm not sure Kirk has any interest in CoD smashfests. Maybe one of you guys can make your own thread dedicated to CoD smashfests and just bring it up whenever one is scheduled.
Sure thing. I probably shouldn't make the new thread though, because I'm typically busy on weekends and wouldn't be able to go to many of them. Would someone else be willing to start a thread?

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
I am like 95% able to go to something this weekend since i can finally get away from my school. So you can most likely count me to be there.

Yazz

Smash Apprentice
if somethings goin down at CoD this saturday i may head out there. need some practice cause my Samus is free.

Also, Metroid, you live in BG? Same here, if you're ever down to smash let me know. i havent been active in the community for a while and id really like to start playing again.

metroid1117

Smash Master
if somethings goin down at CoD this saturday i may head out there. need some practice cause my Samus is free.

Also, Metroid, you live in BG? Same here, if you're ever down to smash let me know. i havent been active in the community for a while and id really like to start playing again.
Yup, I live in BG. I'm in Evanston for school until June, but I'd be down to Smash after I graduate :).

Also, when do people plan on showing up on Saturday? I plan to come around noon, but that will change if others can't make it as early.

metroid1117

Smash Master
If you're coming on Saturday, please bring setups! I'm bringing mine, but it will be no fun at all if there's only one setup and > 4 people playing on it.

Rat

Smash Lord
Got 1 set-up and 8 people want to play?
You should try Two headed giant Teams!

Only 8 easy payments of 8.95.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Campus Map

We are in the SRC building, in the school's cafeteria. This room has clear glass windows and lots of tables and chairs. Its hard to miss it.

I normally come from butterfield rd, here is a drawing of the path I take...

metroid1117

Smash Master
Nice picture Sveet, thanks for helping people out. It sounds like you're going tomorrow, I'll see you guys there!

By the way, I'm shooting to be there around noon.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Actually I'm not 100%. I know when someone says they aren't 100% it probably means they aren't coming (especially with the attendance record i've had lately), but my intention is to be there. We played for 6-7 hours today, I played almost exclusively melee. My hand/wrist hurts quite a bit, but i'll probably be able to suck it up :) My passion for melee has been revived, im glad there are people who are still interested in playing that game.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Will there be another one this saturday?
If there is, I won't be able to go.

By the way, I'm in the process of splitting up the matches into videos. With the other activities I have going on right now, it'll probably take me all week and possibly next week to get Saturday's videos up.

Top Bottom