• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's Moveset Discussion & Ranking Tier List

DUB

Smash Lord
This is actually turning out to be a pretty good move discussion thread.:dizzy:

Advents got everything placed pretty well in the edited version. Only thing I really see that could move is the FAIR.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
i like fair's spot i cant really see a move above it thats worse. oddly there is a thread with the top moves out of everyone in the game and somehow diddys fair made like top 5 or something if i remember correctly lol. but ya its not that great a move.

edit: actually its tenth on that list.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
crawl should be top of bottom-it allows you to do a down tilt with a banana in hand

penut gun eplosion should be broken because i view it as a taunt, if you let it explode you're basically saying "i can take the 10 seconds it takes to charge this thing and the 10 seconds of stun and still 3 stock you"

LuWIIgi

Smash Apprentice
peanut gun sucks... you can stop it with any move
well if you take the "Hey im gonna shoot my peanut gun right when he/she is attacking" Approach then the peanut gun isnt very good
But if you take the "Hey im not stupid like person A" Approach or the "Hey he/she is off the ledge, Lets shoot peanuts" approach then peanuts are pretty Reck

P.S. If you charge your peanuts to a certain degree i dont THINK any move can stop it.
not sure though.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
penutgun only sucks when not used to its fullest potential. above advent listed some of the uses

Player-1

Smash Legend
Because u CaN shoop da whoop it fast likd falcons lazer is sloow and yu cn't tripplle ****** jump shoopda who0p

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Although it is true that the Peanut Gun is probably the lowest priority move in the game, it is still one of if not the most versatile projectiles in the game.

*I updated the list again* Any more suggestions?

:monkey:

DUB

Smash Lord
I love Diddy's Up+Smash. Goes pretty far OoS and fits in perfectly after a dash attack.
only useful for racking up damage but it's food for thought anyways.

LuWIIgi

Smash Apprentice
I love Diddy's Up+Smash. Goes pretty far OoS and fits in perfectly after a dash attack.
only useful for racking up damage but it's food for thought anyways.
Dash > Usmash is the second thing on my mind when the match starts

first thing i full hop and shoot two peanuts
first one partially charged second one no charge ^_^

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
You are all wrong the worst projectile in the game are Snake's Grenades and the best are Fox Lazers :)

jacksgrapes

Smash Rookie
Because I was interested to see your play style since you ranked peanuts higher than bananas, i watched 2 of your games from your video archive. And in my observation, there is no way that you use peanuts more effectively than you use bananas. It was only two games, but you probably threw around 15 bananas for every peanut you shot. In one video you used the peanut gun... a few times but it only connected once, while in the other game you didn't use the peanut gun one single time.

these are the games i watched
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy-vbGWhUG8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBddMaVL1NQ

The idea that peanut gun is higher than bananas is pretty ridiculous... People frequently complain about how annoying and how effect bananas are. How often do you hear someone complaining about the peanut gun?
Bananas and their synergy with diddy's dash attack and throws are central to his game. They define diddy's play style and are much more of a staple to his game than any other move; while being more powerful and effective than peanuts as well as virtually every other move in diddy's arsenal.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Bananas completely own the Peanut Gun. That fact that it is "Broken" on that tier list is a massive display of bias.

The Peanut Gun belongs in lower of Mid-Tier or top of Low-Tier imo. It is weak, and half the time you can be doing something more useful.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
popgun is pretty good if you use it like I do. I use it as a camping tool and a distraction/mind game. ***** vs DDD. Keep 1 banana in front of you and hold a banana. Pop your peanuts and let DDD come to you ;D

LuWIIgi

Smash Apprentice
Peanuts also set up Fsmash, Dsmash, and my personal favorite, Meteor Smash
when they are off the edge shoot a peanut above them
it will make them take their minds off of you and on the peanut
then while they choose an alternate way of recovery you Meteor Smash em

unless their smart and just jump into the peanut =/

DUB

Smash Lord
The popgun is amazing hands down. Everyone knows. I've killed spacies, earthbounders, and donkey kong with peanuts alone.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Because I was interested to see your play style since you ranked peanuts higher than bananas, i watched 2 of your games from your video archive. And in my observation, there is no way that you use peanuts more effectively than you use bananas. It was only two games, but you probably threw around 15 bananas for every peanut you shot. In one video you used the peanut gun... a few times but it only connected once, while in the other game you didn't use the peanut gun one single time.

these are the games i watched
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy-vbGWhUG8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBddMaVL1NQ

The idea that peanut gun is higher than bananas is pretty ridiculous... People frequently complain about how annoying and how effect bananas are. How often do you hear someone complaining about the peanut gun?
Bananas and their synergy with diddy's dash attack and throws are central to his game. They define diddy's play style and are much more of a staple to his game than any other move; while being more powerful and effective than peanuts as well as virtually every other move in diddy's arsenal.
this.

I understand peanut gun is good but better than bananas? Im not giving up on this one it is simply not true, I would be willing to bet all these diddys that say peanut gun is better have the same type of play where bananas are central and peanuts are just a side tool for gimping and camping. I guess it is all just your opinion, but by watching your videos if you took out the peanut gun I doubt anyone would even notice. If you took out the bananas they would for sure.

edit: o cool bananas are top now lol

Luigi player

Smash Master
and maybe Up/Attack out of Monkeyflip grab separated as well?
No, they're with the monkey flip kick. There isn't much of a difference in them anyway.

And wow, this topic is growing FAST.

I'm not sure about all the attacks... but dash attack and banans are top :p

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I think we need two separate attacks for monkey flip and monkey flip kick
I don't think I'm going to do that simply because that's just the versatility of the monkey flip is also having the option to use the kick with it. The Peanut Gun has the ability to charge, but that's just part of the options you have with the move. Same thing with Smash bananas and tilt bananas etc... But if enough people want it then I guess I will.

Anymore suggestions??

Mattmiston

Smash Apprentice
I still dont' see how peanuts > bananas, maybe it's because I don't play competitively, but even in some of the "pros" videos like AZ and NL, I think they utilize bananas much more than peanuts.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I still dont' see how peanuts > bananas, maybe it's because I don't play competitively, but even in some of the "pros" videos like AZ and NL, I think they utilize bananas much more than peanuts.
They aren't. No bananas? Diddy sucks. No peanuts? Diddy is still good. Easy logic

You can do that for all the moves.

No Fair? Diddy isn't near as good. No peanuts? Diddy is still better with Fair than with peanuts. Peanuts should be much lower. If you want this to be accurate anyways.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't think people here can understand sarcasm over the internet. I'm talking in leet and still..peanuts are at the top the same reason why taunts are at the top

jacksgrapes

Smash Rookie
I don't think people here can understand sarcasm over the internet. peanuts are at the top the same reason why taunts are at the top
I caught your sarcasm when you started saying falco's lasers were the worst projectile. Advent's sarcasm was never noticeable.

As for the taunts, every single one of these 'move tier lists' has taunts ranked in top tier... (which was never really funny in the first place), yet they all go on to accurately rank the rest of the moves. peanuts should be put where the belong, much lower than they are.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I caught your sarcasm when you started saying falco's lasers were the worst projectile. Advent's sarcasm was never noticeable.

As for the taunts, every single one of these 'move tier lists' has taunts ranked in top tier... (which was never really funny in the first place), yet they all go on to accurately rank the rest of the moves. peanuts should be put where the belong, much lower than they are.
Agreed exactly. I thought he was serious and obviously

"peanuts"(sarcastic) and "peanuts"(not sarcastic!) look EXACTLY the same. Sarcasm or not lol...

Obviously taunts are sarcasm because they don't do ANYTHING. Peanuts are definitely useful in a creative way. Just not "broken" useful. Bananas should be the only thing in "s" for accuracy(if that's what you're aiming for).

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Ok if its really that big of a deal to people about peanuts and taunts placement then I will move them. Where would you guys rather them be "accurately" placed?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
leave them where are. also do diddy's penuts have more priority than fox's lasers?

Top Bottom