• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's at COT4

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
Hey so I just wanted to give a shout out to all the Diddy mains at COT4. I know the tourney was kinda hectic and a lot of people were angry at how it ended but i had a lot of fun chilling with all the other diddy mains. Special thanks to Le Thien, Thumbswayup, Royal Ninja, GDX and Phillyrider for giving me a lot of good experience in diddy dittos and match up advice. Congrats to Ninjalink for killing it as always and getting 5th place. Also its ashame Chrome Pirate (ADHD) couldn't make it cuz I know he would have done really well. btw this is Rush.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Thanks rush, I'm sick from school... Even if I went to this I would have had a fever and been sneezing everywhere. le thien good job beating blackwaltz, dapuffster nice job with atomsk :laugh: and NL good job getting 5th. hope to see you all sometime.

Count

Smash Champion
Good job all, way to represent our character well. I had fun watching the feed and keeping up with what happened at that tourney. I'm excited to hear how everybody's matches went. Do we know any other diddy placings other than NL 5th? Puffster 17th?!?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I played awful in brackets, probably should have placed top 17/13 but alas, only so much you can do when you are playing bad. My final placement was 49th. I sooo wish I had been playing like I did in pools during brackets. In pools I went 14-1, with my only loss being the very first game I played the entire pool (basically I finished doubles at 6pm on Saturday and the next match I played was my first game in pools at 11:30pm on Saturday). Only did 1 set Saturday night. The rest was Sunday during around noon. I 2-3 stocked every opponent I faced with the closest match being against Snakeee, game 2, where I beat him with 1 stock and about 20% (Snakeee ended up placing 17th).

I lost to Turbo's D3 in Winners round 2. Went to game 3, Turbo was at 186% on his last stock. When he started his last stock I was already at 110%, and I managed to get him from 0 to 186 in the same time frame he got me from 110 to 160%. Unfortunately I squandered at the end and was throwing out random U-smashes when he was recovering and other stupid things.

I lost to Kismet's Falco in Losers Round 3 (after beating SSR's Peach in losers Round 2). Game 1, less than 30 seconds in, I suicided twice. It was my 1 stock 0% versus Kismits 3 stock 6%. Obviously I lost. I did the exact same match up again and beat him with 1 stock high percent. Game 3 I had 3 stock 70% and he had 2 stock like 40% and I side B kicked suicided basically destroying my lead/momentum. We ended up tied at 1 stock 0% but he got off a CG and it was enough to basically lead to his win. Sigh.

I learned some things though to help prepare myself better the next tournament I go to.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I played awful in brackets, probably should have placed top 17/13 but alas, only so much you can do when you are playing bad. My final placement was 49th. I sooo wish I had been playing like I did in pools during brackets. In pools I went 14-1, with my only loss being the very first game I played the entire pool (basically I finished doubles at 6pm on Saturday and the next match I played was my first game in pools at 11:30pm on Saturday). Only did 1 set Saturday night. The rest was Sunday during around noon. I 2-3 stocked every opponent I faced with the closest match being against Snakeee, game 2, where I beat him with 1 stock and about 20% (Snakeee ended up placing 17th).

I lost to Turbo's D3 in Winners round 2. Went to game 3, Turbo was at 186% on his last stock. When he started his last stock I was already at 110%, and I managed to get him from 0 to 186 in the same time frame he got me from 110 to 160%. Unfortunately I squandered at the end and was throwing out random U-smashes when he was recovering and other stupid things.

I lost to Kismet's Falco in Losers Round 3 (after beating SSR's Peach in losers Round 2). Game 1, less than 30 seconds in, I suicided twice. It was my 1 stock 0% versus Kismits 3 stock 6%. Obviously I lost. I did the exact same match up again and beat him with 1 stock high percent. Game 3 I had 3 stock 70% and he had 2 stock like 40% and I side B kicked suicided basically destroying my lead/momentum. We ended up tied at 1 stock 0% but he got off a CG and it was enough to basically lead to his win. Sigh.

I learned some things though to help prepare myself better the next tournament I go to.
I camped turbo with regular banana throws and peanut popper gun beating him with 2 stock left. He cp'd me on RC and I went G&W, it was close but he won. Then I cp'd japes and I did the same thing as the first match except I threw the bananas up wards making an impossible approach for him. I was 3 stocking him, I got killed making it possibly a jv 2 stock, then he gimped me at 0% but I was able to beat him with my last life w/o much trouble.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh Turbo...I beat him back in December 2-1 in close matches. He was just playing better than I was at COT4. Sgh.

TreK

Is "that guy"
are there vids of the tourney ? I heard a lot but... It was happening at around 5000kms from me lmao

BoRn

Smash Apprentice
Lol i own on the edge. Dont feel bad lol, most ppl just let me stay over there so they dont get spiked or gimped. Im not too great with dittoes either. Im changing my play style now... Im too wreckless alot. Are you coming to no koast? If you do no ditto johns!!!

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Lol i own on the edge. Dont feel bad lol, most ppl just let me stay over there so they dont get spiked or gimped. Im not too great with dittoes either. Im changing my play style now... Im too wreckless alot. Are you coming to no koast? If you do no ditto johns!!!
Took me about 5 matches to realize this:

Don't play 'edge games' with this dude. You don't typically win (especially with certain characters). And by not winning I mean you die at <35%.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
I WAS THERE!!!! I got out of pools but did bad in brackets, i lost to puffster after a very close set. Other than that, I mm ally and got him down to 1 stock 100+ damage. the mans too goodz. But my greatest accomplishment was getting so many pros to say "f*$king bananas". lol. btw, good stuff puffster in singles and in teams. Don't sweat luigi man, its not that bad of a match up.

Top Bottom