• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's reponse to DASC

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Im sure every1 who mains diddy has at one point and time naner locked the opponent to the edge. And im sure back when u were a noob, you continually did so untill your opponent fell off. Now look at the DASC im sure you all noticed that when an opponent is naner locked off the stage they enter the same state. Now we know get a free spike on most of the cast with the single naner lock for this same reason, however with a well spaced lock or glidetoss we have a guarenteed spike on seemingly most of the cast. Again this is definitely not a new revelation; so why do all the diddy i have watched never go for that spike?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Because the single naner lock is almost impossible to pull off in a real match. And the double naner lock, I'm actually almost certain you can't pick it up and SH in time to set that up when they're brought to the edge.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
I think he was talking about the dash attack cancel tech near the edge. The one where you dash attack their shield and instantly can fall off the ledge into an aerial.

Anyways without even testing it I doubt it would work, because diddy's dash attack his multiple hits and sends characters up.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I'm pretty sure you can use side b for this but it work well on platforms and not near the ledge since you might SD.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Like the Sauce Boss Said, Diddy doesn't have a DASC because of the Multi-hit Dash Attack

So if you want the spike I say Grab Release them off the side of the stage, its a good way to get a spike character depending

TreK

Is "that guy"
Play on PS2.
Electric part -> banana to first hit fsmash to side B, from there you can diddy hump or DHGR to footstool depending on the opponent. 1 stock gone, ggs :V
or 1st hit fsmash to dair/fair/upB spike/whatever if they DI well. Enjoy brokenness <3
Enjoy PS2. Diddy's 3rd best stage imo, even if I can't play well on it because of wifi :V

Felix's method (see his thread) works on plenty of stages too, I love it. I use utilt on platformed opponents sometimes (usually on lylat, it's sooo easy there), it works just as well. Free hits are awesome :V

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
no no i know DASC doesnt work for diddy too well. What I am stating, is that the opponent falls off in the same manner as DASC and single naner lock. So if properly spaced a glidetoss tripping the opponent off stage nets us a free dair. Does that make more sense?

b1anK

Smash Apprentice
I have used dasc with diddy multiple times unless im confusing it with something else

i do dash attack timed off to the edge and when it hits my opponent it has to land that hit where they go behind you

then if you bair it will hit

it's not much but hey

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Couldn't you just, granted this is really situational, space the SideB kick so it pushes them and you ledge cancel it to a Dair?

And at low percents, on floaties, possibly footstool after the Spike.

Again, super situational. Wasn't this discovered a long time ago actually?

TreK

Is "that guy"
you can
actually, that's a good way to do it on a shielding opponent, at least it doesn't require them to be between 0 and 10%.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It doesn't work unforunately from the double nana lock.

Single nana lock yea but it's gonna be 2-3 years before we even begin to see that happening in tournaments.

I typically try to nana lock > dash attack > air attack cause that's good for about 24-28% damage after the lock is finished versus just 18% if you simply F-smash.

Top Bottom