• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diddy Kong Social Thread

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
deedee kang op vavle plz narf :p

But seriously, Diddy is ridiculously good this time around. Good recovery, fast attacks....he's like a slightly less broken version of Brawl's Meta Knight. Maybe Sakurai could adjust Diddy to make him lighter and easier to knock around to make up for his high speed and quick attacks to balance him; if we don't want to see Diddy dominating the meta, such alterations could be needed; either that, or a fighter who can counter Diddy effectively will become top-tier.

crossingmyfingersthatmewtwocancounteractdiddykong

Blue Mage

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neoceus
3DS FC
1762-2875-1153
Moved original post to here.

But while I'm here editing my post and probably looking like an idiot, I gotta say Diddy Kong is one of the most enjoyable characters I've played in this game. I was further inspired to play Diddy from watching some of Jtails' Diddy Kong.

Last edited:

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
I just beat Keitaro in the ditto on stream at this hitbox arena tournament. Today is a good day.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
It'd be really cool if this board could get a thread listing all the tech Diddy has. I know he doesn't have much, but things like JC tossing, popgun cancelling, Z-dropping, iZAC, Z drop-instathrow etc.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
And which ones would be better suited for practicing under Training Mode
Those training by yourselves
Those training with another person that influences the Training Dummy

Benzerade

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0731-5667-3390
Hi guys im benzerade. Im fairly new to the competatve smash scene. I dont have a wii u so im only on 3ds but i feel like i have a decent amount of knowledge with diddy kong so you can expect to see me around in the forums.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Diddy mains, I got a dilemma.

I kinda want to main Diddy a bit, but I also don't want to be literal cancer incarnate.

What do?

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789

I kinda want to main Diddy a bit, but I also don't want to be literal cancer incarnate.

What do?
If a balance patch comes with Mewtwo, you may be able to main Diddy guilt-free.

If it doesn't come, then see if you find a character that's more fun for you to play than Diddy. If not, just stick with Diddy. Playing a character you find less fun just for the sake of not playing a top tier is not worth it.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Through my experience playing Diddy, I've been considering picking him up as my secondary main, simply because Charizard is outclassed by a good amount of other characters and I want to be somewhat of a legitimate threat as Diddy Kong.

How does one transition from a heavy fighter like Charizard to a light one like Diddy easily?

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Hey fellow Diddy friends! I'm here with a teensy tiny request. If you've got matchup experience or advice, please pop over to the Chimp Charts Matchup Thread and weigh in. There's not been a lot of Diddy mains talking about the matchups we've been discussing so far, and last week, Dedede Week, it was literally only Dedede mains who offered any advice.

I can't force y'all to post, but if you could help out, I'd really appreciate it. I want our matchup thread to be a good resource for both Diddy mains and those looking to counter him. Thanks in advance if you decide to help.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Through my experience playing Diddy, I've been considering picking him up as my secondary main, simply because Charizard is outclassed by a good amount of other characters and I want to be somewhat of a legitimate threat as Diddy Kong.

How does one transition from a heavy fighter like Charizard to a light one like Diddy easily?
Honestly, having a secondary that's better than your main in pretty much every match-up doesn't really make sense. There's basically no point to playing your main when you could do be better with your secondary that you've put nowhere near as much work into.

Shaq

BRoomer
BRoomer
Diddy is my favorite character in Smash 4. All of his combos remind me of dribbling the basketball back in my glory days. Anyone got some advice on free throws?

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23

What do?
In reality you shouldn't let other peoples perception of the game have any influence on what you deem to be having fun on seeking what gives you enjoyment and fulfillment in games.

Currently writing a blog article about this culture in gaming, because its not something you come across in every game.

Honestly, if people are so caught up at others playing Diddy that it effects them in some way, then the burden lies on them to find a solution to that problem.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
So who are you guys gonna switch to when Diddy gets inevitably nerfed in the next balance patch?

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong would have to be nerfed to the point where he's no longer fun for me to stop wanting to main him. Though I seriously hope their solution to balancing him doesn't involve adding more lag to his moves. Nerf the knockback to his up air and forward smash, modify his down throw so it isn't as easy to combo with, maybe reduce the priority to his side special kick, and there you go. You have a great A tier character that's no longer overpowered. The only character I can think of that might need more lag or cool down to their moves is Shiek's forward air. Considering how the last balance patch nerfed the hell out of her killing power yet she still remains a top 2 character that might deserve S tier rank, I don't know how else they could nerf her.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
@Diddy4lyf
At least you're one of the true mains who actually uses Diddy for the character, not the fact that he's top tier. I have no problems with those guys. It's the bandwagoners who hop on the best character because they don't know how to adjust to their character's weaknesses.

Diddy Kong would have to be nerfed to the point where he's no longer fun for me to stop wanting to main him. Though I seriously hope their solution to balancing him doesn't involve adding more lag to his moves. Nerf the knockback to his up air and forward smash, modify his down throw so it isn't as easy to combo with, maybe reduce the priority to his side special kick, and there you go. You have a great A tier character that's no longer overpowered. The only character I can think of that might need more lag or cool down to their moves is Shiek's forward air. Considering how the last balance patch nerfed the hell out of her killing power yet she still remains a top 2 character that might deserve S tier rank, I don't know how else they could nerf her.
More lag, possibly. The fact that she's almost completely lagless is stupid. She'll still be a solid but fair character if they make more things she does punishable, like missing bouncing fish or having more aerial lag.

Diddy on the other hand needs less balancing and just need a few things tweaked or removed. Other than the stupid throw combos, I think he's balanced. And is forward smash really an issue?

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
At least you're one of the true mains who actually uses Diddy for the character, not the fact that he's top tier. I have no problems with those guys. It's the bandwagoners who hop on the best character because they don't know how to adjust to their character's weaknesses.
Well I decided to main him before the game even came out. But even so, there's nothing wrong with using the best character because they're the best. It's a competitive game. Using non-top tiers is just handicapping yourself for a non-competitive reason (eg. you just like the character). People who think they should be able to play their favourite character and not be penalised for it competitively are just being too entitled.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go to the social threads and post my silhouettes there for you guys to enjoy. :)

There will be more Diddy eventually... With future DK waves. I've got one planned of him riding Enguarde and I also have a Diddy Kong Racing wave planned eventually. Though who knows when those will be...

Quillion

Smash Hero
If D-throw is the HOO, and U-air is the HAH,

Does that mean that the banana is the SHARK BAIT?

SHARK BAIT HOO HAH HAH!

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
So I went to a tournament today, Got pretty far until I met a samus
Turns out her tripping animation is different to the rest of the cast so you cant grab her out of banana
GG.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm seriously anxious they are gonna destroy Diddy with nerfs here...

Top Bottom