• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diddy Kong Social Thread

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
P-1 you don't like the Sonic / Diddy match up? I didn't see the whole set, not sure if you went Diddy the first round or not.

Player-1

Smash Legend
no i think it's diddys worst MU, 6-4 sonic's favor. I think it's about the same for villager too, but no one knows the villager MU. I went diddy game 1 and got 2 stocked after I SDed.

edit: I should have went diddy game 4 on lylat since I did really well there against another sonic earlier in tournament and just to change the pace up. I felt like he was learning my villager game 3 and so I should have just waited so he didn't learn anymore/forget stuff so i'd have a better chance going into game 5.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Interesting. What you think about the 2 stock rule? Feels like if you early suicide on your first stock, you're off to CP to the next round. Really hard to get any momentum when the match is almost over.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't like 2 stocks, but you can come back in it thanks to rage. I think 2 stocks amplifies the effect of the bad mechanics of this game like lucario aura + rage. I think the more stocks the more the game will "normalize" with the person that is out reading and out smarting the other player will overcome any "lucky" kills someone might get like killing someone at 40 with lucario or something.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I personally love 2 stocks :laugh:

and I think Sonic beats Diddy, but its close.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I definitely prefer 3 stocks over 2 stocks because it gives players more time to figure out a person's play style. That, and SD's are insanely devastating with two stocks. But many people for whatever reason don't like long matches.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Am I the only one who prefers Diddy's cartoony voice in Donkey Kong Country/Mario to his realistic Chimpanzee vocals in Smash? I dunno why, but I find it to sound a little weird sometimes and it makes Diddy feel a little out of character in my opinion. His voice in his game bugs me more than his Up Air :ohwell:...

:4bowser: and :4dk:'s voice portrayals in Smash also feel out of character in my eyes too (mostly DK).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I have no problems with it, even though it did took a little time to get used to in Brawl. In a way, I think it suits Diddy's playstyle a lot. He really does play as a wild ape at times, dashing all around the stage, tossing Side B around and reaching for a grab.

And I also prefer 3 stocks a lot more than 2 stocks. This game plays so much faster than Brawl, and Brawl had 3 stocks. I really don't get the new ruleset when it comes to stocks, but I'll live with it anyway.

Also, it was my third time playing yesterday, and I 3-stocked my friend's ZSS. Had about 160% + or so, but Diddy on rage mode is no joke. No joke at all.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
So which Diddys are going to APEX now?

Fliphop
Player-1
GDX?
Zinoto
Dissent?

Last edited:

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
You guys are lucky I'll be rooting for you all at APEX!!

In our tournaments we play with 3 stock it only seems to last long if its a Rosalina or Villager playing lol.

Also I won yesterday's tournament in my state for the second time!

@ Player-1 Player-1
You think Villager beats Diddy how so?
I haven't played many high name Sonics but i feel its dead even.
Shiek feels like a 4:6 her advantage especially with most of the stages in rulesets nowadays.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All be aware of Sheik's Needles, and try to always keep a banana in hand vs Sonic! I'll be rooting for you guys! :4diddy:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Villager is a character that lacks speed, both on his attacks and in movement. He generally has a hard time with rush down characters and/or characters that are agile and versatile both of which are qualities of Diddy. I don't think there's too much villager can do about Diddy just staying outside of villager's jab range, his aerials have tons of range and are fast (particularly fair).

In brawl, diddy had a frame 3 jab and a frame 4 dtilt. Dtilt had more range and combos into a lot of stuff and doesn't have much cool down, so it seems like dtilt would be useful in a lot of situations jab wasn't since you're only losing a frame. The big reason why jab was so useful over dtilt in a lot of cases was because dtilt had like no shield stun and was slightly laggier than jab on cooldown. So dtilt is pretty unsafe on shield, while jab wasn't. Now most of this is the same for smash 4, jab still frame 3 and dtilt still frame 4, the big difference in this game is that you can't cancel jab into other moves without going through tons of lag, you're forced to go into jab 2 and then into jab 3. So diddy just lost a pretty good boxing tool to pressure people in shields, dtilt is now usually better than jab, but still carries over from brawl the unsafeness on shield when you're close to someone. But against Villager, it really is pretty safe on shield since Villager probably has the worst grab in the game. His fastest grab is his standing grab that grabs on frame 15 and ends frame 60, his running grab and pivot grab are even worse. Dtilt is now pretty safe against Villager as long as you're out of nair OoS range.

Villager being able to take your banana isn't that big of a deal since diddy isn't as reliant on bananas in this game, although pocketing one definitely helps him. But it should be super hard for villager to pocket a banana in the first place. If you have a banana in hand you can mix up using popgun and throwing the banana. Villager obviously doesn't to pocket a peanut, especially since it's an item so it will take him longer to get rid of it than a normal projectile. That and Diddy should always be making sure he throws the banana down once he takes it out and then picking it up so if you choose to throw the banana next time it hits the ground it will disappear making it even harder for Villager to get a banana.

Villager has good gimping tools on Diddy, I guess, but really I think that's about it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Me, DRN, Reflex, and Player-3 should be getting there around maybe 10 am thursday, should try to meet up.
oh yeah cool. What airport you flying to? Or just wait for me at the venue/hotel I'm going there immediately after I land to drop off my luggage, then taking a bookbag on a train to NYC. Must go to the Nintendo World Store at least

Player-1

Smash Legend
Flying to an airport in trenton then taking a taxi to the venue, I don't think we had any plans on going to NYC tho

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
Any Diddy's want to rock their signature with these banana pics?

Go for it.

PS. Hope Sakurai nerfs the F U C K out of Diddy next update.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I'm arriving Thursday night. Hope to catch up with all the old school mainers throughout the weekend.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How does Diddy fare on the 3DS version? Does he keep his shenanigans? Am asking cause I cannot afford a Wii U.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
How does Diddy fare on the 3DS version? Does he keep his shenanigans? Am asking cause I cannot afford a Wii U.
As long as you have your Smash 3DS updated to 1.0.4 then its exactly the same you just have to get used to performing aerials without a C-stick also to Instant throw most Diddy's use Z button then c-stick for your case it will be the Grab button to a normal or smash inputted toss.

I mainly play Diddy on the 3DS then just transfer my knowledge to the Wii U if I don't get a chance to be home.

Hope this helps.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Good stuff. All Diddy or did you throw some Villager in there? and how did the Wario vs Diddy matches go? Curious because I been playing Wario the past few days and he's kinda stupid :laugh:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
So Diddy is broke huh?

(I finally got Smash 4 sup guys)

(But for serious, while I read up on Sm4sh somebody drop me a quick TL;DR as to why everyone is telling me he's busted)

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
So Diddy is broke huh?

(I finally got Smash 4 sup guys)

(But for serious, while I read up on Sm4sh somebody drop me a quick TL;DR as to why everyone is telling me he's busted)
If a non-Diddy player would TL;DR this...

Diddy has great mobility all around
Has great coverage both on ground and in air
but most importantly...
Diddy is able to true combo dthrow into uair at basically any range of % possible, also with uair having ko potential. So you get dthrow > uair for basic follow up and you can also go for the kill with dthrow > uair

Like the video says, he's the Fox of smash 4.

Last edited:

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Those videos had me rollllllllling lmao good stuff. :190:

Made a Diddy Kong Skype Group add me as a contact to join: ZOMGitzWill

Last edited:
Top Bottom